Journey Of Emotions | MaNan (...

By SamairaRajput

Disclaimer - This book is completed but under editing. Also, I wrote this book when I was really really new i... More

Journey of Emotions
Character Sketch
1. Two Different Worlds
2. NewYork
3. Abhimanyu Thakkar
4. Taking Stand or Slap?
5. The Self Punishment
6. The Black Shinners
7. Meeting Them Again
8. Nandini Murty is Dead
9. Her Precious Smile
10. The First Proper Conversation
Chapter 11 - He Loves Her
12. The Locked Jam Room
13. Sleep Well, Babygirl
14. The Kapoor's Deal
15. He is Special
16. Hurting Him
17. Abhi-Mukti
18. I Love Her
19. Soha's Death
20. Manik's Anger
21. Digging The Past
22. I Love You
23. The Past and Tears
24. The Buried Truth
25. The break?
26. Friends, are they?
27. He is Precious
28. Confrontation
29. The Loss?
30. You are Handsome
31. A date it is!
32. Cabir-Navya
33. The bond between them
34. Going back
35. Bonds and Fights
36. She loves him.
37. Parting Ways
38. Taking Risks
40. Forgiveness
41. Roka Ceremony
42. Engagement
43. Mehndi and Haldi
Trauma | Please Read
44. Marriage and Misunderstandings
45. Her Side of Story
46. I Love You

39. Cliche Encounter

8.9K 879 128
By SamairaRajput

Another two weeks, and Black Shinners wrapped up their work successfully. Manik told Niyonika he would marry Veebha. Ofcourse, his friends were unhappy including his father but Manik tried his best to make them understand.

Now, two weeks from the marriage, Black Shinners landed in India. Even Siddarth's father was here, in Malhotra Mansion where all of them had decided to stay. Since Abhi was an orphan, all his rituals were to be done by Siddarth's father.

Mukti decided to call her parents right on the time, she knew they would too busy to come anyways. Manik's father would do the rituals for her as well.

The marriage was decided to be done in the Malhotra Mansion itself. Manik, Mukti and Abhi didn't want anything grand so they settled on a simple private affair. Veebha did protest, but then Niyonika had to talk her down for she knew Manik might not hold it for longer.

While even though it was supposed to be a private here, they decided to go with all the rituals which would start in a few days. The roka or engagement was to be done in five days and the wedding was on the ninth day.

The guest list was prepared, the invitations being send already. The preparations were on full mode with everyone being extremely busy except for Nandini who even though was there but choose to stay in her room.

She didn't talk to anyone except for Raj. She would come out when he would be home, and go back to the safety of her room in his absence. But now, he had strictly told her to be present there for every single ritual. Nandini couldn't deny him.

And this was the reason they were all in the hall waiting for Nandini to come down so they could go for the shopping.

They heard the sound of her boots hitting the floor before they saw her descending down the stairs, her eyes fixed on her phone and a scowl on her face. From the other end, Niyonika was walking upstairs, even her eyes fixed on her own phone and other hand holding her coffee.

Manik took a step ahead to aware Nandini, but before that the damage was done already. Niyonika and Nandini bumped into each other, and Nandini's phone fell down while Niyonika was drenched in her own coffee.

Nandini bend down to pick her fallen phone and groaned seeing the screen broken while Niyonika was fuming in anger.

Niyonika: What the hell? Are you blind or what?

Nandini: Excuse me? It was your mistake too.

Niyonika: You bumped into me.

Nandini: You did too, broke my mobile too.

She stood up, and showed her mobile screen and seeing her face, it took only a moment for Niyonika to recognise her while Nandini didn't remember her.

Niyonika: You-

Nandini: What You? Who are you even? How dare you bump into me, break my phone screen and now accuse me without accepting your own mistake? Such a cheap behaviour.

Niyonika scoffed, and then laughed in mocking tone making her frown.

Niyonika: You dare ask me who am I when you are standing at my place?

Nandini frowned, more confused and it was then her eyes fell on Manik who shook his head. She looked at Raj who sighed her to let go of this matter too.

Nandini looked at Niyonika before she decided to let go and walk downstairs. She had better affairs to look after but before she could even take the second step, Niyonika's booming voice stopped her in her tracks.

Niyonika: What happened? The famous Nandini Murty, ah, I am not sure what are you more famous for though -

Nandini: What do you mean?

Niyonika: You murdered your own bestfriend and went into hiding for six months. Words travel fast and sometimes money doesn't stop people.

She smirked, and before Nandini could reply her, Manik did.

Manik: Niyonika, don't cross your line. Don't make me remind you what all you have done to ruin my and my father's life.

Niyonika: oh my my! What am I seeing? My son defending someone else other his friends and Fab5? Is there something I am missing?

Niyonika looked at him, and then at Nandini who scoffed at her. She laughed, mocking visible in her tone and clapped.

Niyonika: God! How did I miss it. Anyways, Manik I hope you remember you are to be married to Veebha in less than two weeks. Instead of defending outsiders infront of your mother, go call Veebha and ask her to join you all.

Manik: What mother ha? The one who is ready to sell me for a business deal? And I am not calling and asking her to join. She has fucking mouth and legs, she will ask and come herself if she wants to.

Niyonika: Really? I hope you know what is at stake here, Manik.

Manik looked away, fuming in anger before he left the place while Nandini wondered what was the deal about.

Wasn't Manik marrying to make her confess her feelings?

What did she not know?

___

Aliya: This one is more pretty, Mukti.

Fab5 with the others were in shopping mall. Boys went into the men section while girls were in girls section. Mukti, Aliya, Navya jelled up fast, and were now looking for dresses while Nandini trailed behind them, on her phone trying her best to show how she was not a bit interested.

An argument between Aliya and Mukti caught her attention and she saw Aliya holding a blue dress while Mukti held a red one. Navya was trying her best to find a solution.

Mukti: But Red makes me look bold.

Aliya: But it is too much red. Why did you choose the sky theme even.

Aliya mocked, smiling when she saw Mutki rolling her eyes.

Mukti: It was unique okay.

Navya: Mukti, Why don't you try both?

Mukti looked conflicted. Red won't match the theme and blue, what if Abhimanyu didn't like that color?

She looked around helplessly and her eyes fell on Nandini who seemed to be staring at the dresses.

Nandini: He likes blue

And there, Nandini cleared the confusion and walked away while Aliya, Mutki and Navya smiled. Mukti took the lehnga from her Aliya and grinned.

On the other hand, Nandini walked to the other side and was looking for a dress for herself when her eyes fell on the sky blue colored lehnga, with white embroidery over it. She smiled, her eyes twinkling as she picked it up to examine it.

At a little distance, Manik let out a smile for he was the one who kept it there for her.

The same way, Navya was finding something for herself, trying to select a good one by holding it against her shoulder infront of the mirror when her eyes fell on Cabir from the mirror. She raised her eyebrow, indicating to the lehnga but Cabir shook his head. She picked another one and he acted like he was thinking.

Shaking her head in disbelief she picked another one and watched him smile wide. Red hue covered her cheeks as she looked down, satisfied as Cabir walked away.

While on the other side, Abhi was frustrated. He had agreed to the sky theme for Mukti, but he had no idea what was she thinking before picking it up?

For God's Sake, it looked more like a birthday party theme but Abhi didn't have the heart to correct her. Anyways, it was for the engagement only so he could manage. Marriage was to be with full traditions and he was glad to wear golden that day.

He looked around, confused with the piles of shervani's all around. The boys were irritated and had left him half way, all traitors.

It was when Nandini passed from there and saw him. She looked down at the pile and the second shervani from the bottom - she could tell it was a perfect match with Mukti's lehnga.

Now, Nandini didn't know how to convey that to Abhi. She didn't want him to know she actually cared. No, Nandini couldn't allow that.

Busy in her thoughts, Nandini didn't see Manik walking up to her until he cleared his throat. She looked at him with a frown.

Nandini: What?

Manik: What are you doing? Watching him struggle?

Nandini: So what do you want me to do?

Manik shrugged, clearly indicating he was not going to help unless she asked.

Nandini: T-That blue one, second from the bottom, Mukti's lehnga goes perfect with it.

Manik: How do you know?

Nandini: I-I just know.

Manik smiled, having heard from the girls already how Nandini helped Mukti.

Manik: Wait let me see.

With that Manik walked to Abhi without even giving her a chance to tell him to not tell Abhi that it was her who told him.

Nandini stood there as Manik causally picked up the shervani's in pretence of seeing them until he picked the one she told him. His eyes moved to her and he gave her an impressed look before pushing it to Abhi.

Manik: Go try this.

Abhi: But -

Manik: Mukti's lehnga has the similar design, you don't want to miss it. Trust me.

Manik indicated him to looked behind, and as Nandini found Abhi looking at her with wide eyes, she coughed and turned away instantly. Manik would do this, she should have known.

An hour later, they continued with the remaining shopping and Veebha joined them too. She tried her best to mingle but they were clearly irritated so she just concentrated on Manik - which only irked everyone more.

The day ended soon, and in the evening they all found themselves at the pool side, in a circle, all ready to play truth and dare.

Mukti: I will get the bottle.

Aliya: Let me help, we need some drinks too.

Navya: Wait, let me come too!

Aliya and Mukti nodded and looked at Veebha and Nandini. Veebha decided to join while Nandini only shook her head in no.

Nandini avoided everyone as they looked at her from time to time. Suddenly, out of nowhere Abhi spoke.

Abhi: Barbie, Thankyou.

For the Shervani. Nandini knew but she pretended not to know.

Nandini: For what?

Abhi: You know already, don't you.

Nandini: It was nothing special.

She rolled her eyes making him chuckle. Ofcourse it was a big deal, but she won't accept. So he let her be.

The girls returned and they all sat down to play. A number of turns and a few dares later, the bottle stopped on Manik.

Cabir: So Manik, Choose truth or dare?

Manik: Dare?

Cabir looked at him excited, but before he could say a word, Veebha interrupted.

Veebha: Wait, I will give him the dare. Please, Cabir.

Cabir: Sure, Go ahead. He is your soon to be husband anyways, you have all the rights.

Veebha was too excited to hear the mock in his tone but Manik did, and he glared at Cabir who only shrugged.

Veebha: Manik, Your dare is to sing my favourite song.

Aliya: What kind of dare it is?

Dhruv: Yes, He is a singer Veebha. Make him do something different.

Veebha: No, but I want him to sing my favourite song. Manik, Please?

Manik looked at her and then at everyone else as they shook their heads, all in no except for Nandini who pretended as if it didn't matter to her.

Manik: Yeah sure, let me get my guitar.

With that, he stood up and walked inside to get his guitar. He came back within few seconds and sat on his place, tuning the guitar.

Tere qareeb aa raha hoon
Khud se main door jaa raha hoon
Yeh bewajah toh nahi hai
Tu jo mila…

Eyes locked with Nandini, and heart hammering in his chest - Manik knew she knew it was for her. He was coming close to her, and going far from his own self.

Dheere dheere se tera hua
Haule haule se tera hua
Rafta rafta tera hua
Tere bin main hoon be-nishaan

When was that he fell for her? Manik doesn't know. It happened slow and it happened all at once and now he was nothing without her.

Dheere dheere se tera hua
Haule haule se tera hua
Rafta rafta tera hua
Tere bin main hoon be-nishaan

Manik's eyes fell on Veebha who smiled at him, he smiled back for the sake of it before his eyes travelled to Nandini once again.

Samjho zara, samjho ishaara
Tera hoon main saara ka saara
Jaise mujhe tumse hua hai
Yeh pyar naa hoga dobara

And all he could do was request her to listen to him, understand him. He was ready to give himself to her. He was in love with her, and he wouldn't be able to fall in love with someone else now.

Dil mein teri jo jagah hai
Uski koi toh wajah hai
Yeh bewajah toh nahi hai
Tu jo mila…

Unknown to Manik and Nandini who were busy playing hide and seek, Veebha noticed Manik looking at Nandini. She didn't fail to notice how Nandini looked at Manik too, with longing. Veebha frowned, not understanding anything.

Dheere dheere se tera hua
Haule haule se tera hua
Rafta rafta tera hua
Tere bin main hoon be-nishaan

Dheere.. dheere..
Dheere dheere se..

Dheere dheere se tera huaa
Haule haule se tera huaa…

Manik ended the song and for a moment everyone went silent until Cabir and Dhruv clapped loudly to break the tense air. Everyone started clapping along, praising him for singing so beautifully except for Nandini and Veebha.

Veebha: Manik, It is not my favourite song. Why did you sing this?

Manik: You didn't tell me your favourite song, Veebha. How would I know?

Veebha frowned, realising she actually never told Manik. She opened her mouth to say something but noticed Manik was not even looking at her. He was looking at Nandini, again.

A seed of doubt grew in her mind and when Nandini avoided Manik's eyes and excused herself, Veebha got the whole picture.

Manik and Nandini had feelings for each other.

And Veebha didn't like it.

To Be Continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 44.6K 53
When Nandini met Manik for the first time, she never wanted him to be 'the one'; or actually, that thought didn't even cross her mind. And for Manik...
192K 7.3K 33
When Nandini almost caught hold of Naira she threw the water at her. But when she looked in that direction it wasn't Naira but Manik Malhotra standin...
12.1K 1.9K 23
"We became friends but I don't know when your presence becomes so important to me and that time I know I'm in love with you." If your partner is your...
1.1M 110K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...