Saved || Jungkook x Reader ff

Від mykooksie

"Stop fighting it and let me save you." A story in which two complete strangers cross paths at the most perfe... Більше

Before You Read<3
1. First Sight
2. Save Me
3. Drug Lord
4. Pervert
5. Challenge
6. Dimples
7. Sweet Liar
8. Beautiful and Broken
9. Don't Fuck it Up
10. His Regrets
11. Once a Cheater Always a Cheater
12. Sugar Daddy
13. A Date
14. Tease
15. Can I Trust You?
16. Double-Crossing
17. Out of My Mind
18. An Unexpected Encounter
19. You Again
20. I Only Want You
21. What Goes Around
22. Against My Will
23. Fight
24. A Best friends Wise Words
25. Mission Impossible
26. I Love You
27. Visitors
28. Letting Go
29. Friends?
30. A Knock at the Door
31. Kin
32. Bump in the NIght
33. A Creepy New Roommate
34. For a Price
35. The Truth
36. Run Away
37. Numb
38. Family
39. Mother Knows Best
40. Rebellion
41. The Calm
42. The Engagement
43. The Perfect Woman
44. Trapped
45. Save Us
46. Threat or Promise?
47. We Meet Again
48. Busted
New♡
49. The Question
50. Back in Town
51. Daddy's Little Girl
52. Rough Play
53. Bad News
54. Blame
55. Insane
56. Secrets
57. Bandaid
59. Threat
60. Drunken Desire
61. Caught

58. Prey and Panic

1.4K 57 9
Від mykooksie

[Edited]

"Tabitha, have you seen Jungkook?"

I asked the head maid of the estate that I've surprisingly become very close with over the past few weeks. I guess it was bound to happen considering I spend so much time alone lately.

It's almost funny how deserted it feels to be in a place that's pretty much never empty. Maids, cooks, even the occasional actor or idol that comes over for dinner or a last minute fitting. 

None of that could ever fill the void of our little apartment by the sea, just the two of us happy in each others presence.

That was all we needed.

Was.

Jungkook has been very distant, and as much as I tried to remind myself of Taehyung's words, that he's strong and will get through this, I couldn't help but to feel like he's hiding something, like he's been avoiding me on purpose.

"I believe he's gone to another meeting, Miss y/n," Tabitha said in a grim tone, knowing all too well how I feel about Jungkook working for the company again.

--

"It's only for the time being, they really need me right now," Jungkook sighed, adjusting his tie in the tall stand up mirror while I slipped on a shiny black pump on the ottoman at the end of the bed. "I'll just be managing any areas that need a bit of help. You understand why I'm doing this, right?" 

Jungkook's shaky hands continued to fumble with his tie and I frowned, standing as I held in the groan dying to escape.

"You know I understand," I huffed softly, pushing his hands aside to adjust the tie properly myself. "but I can't help but to feel weird about this. Everything we did to get you out of that place, away from your mother, and... "

I pursed my lips, unable to finish for fear I would upset Jungkook more than he already was. 

'Stop being selfish, y/n... '

Finally, I met his gaze, staring into those doe eyes that once burned so bright and lively I felt heated under their warmth. They now no longer swirl, dull and lifeless like the last flickering ember of a dying fire. 

My heart wanted to race and stop at the same time. 

Every time I look at Jungkook I still get butterflies, but when I see those piercing eyes, that cold stare, my entire world feels frozen over. The man I've fallen so deeply in love with seems like a different person and I'm not sure how to react. 

As Taehyung told me days ago, time is only a bandaid, it will never heal the pain Jungkook will always feel for the loss of his sister.

'Maybe he'll always be like this, will I be able to accept that? The dark cloud that lingers over his head, his unwillingness to smile, to laugh, to feel. How long will it be like this?' I bit my lip in frustration.

'I have to be strong no matter what, I have to be there for him. He feels guilty and needs me the most... whether he wants to admit it or not.'

"Look," I sighed, smoothing out the creases of his tux as my eyes flit between his, hoping that he'll smile just once, that somewhere deep down my Jungkook is in there, that he isn't gone forever. "we shouldn't be having this conversation right now."

Jungkook nodded, eyes slowly closing as reality hits him for the hundredth time.

We're burying his sister today.

"You're right," his voice was gruff, clearly trying to fight back any tears threatening to fall. "We'll talk later. Lets just get today over with," his hands cupped my cheek and I froze.

This was the first time he's touched me like this in weeks, and the electric current that shot down my spine awakened my senses, my hopes, in the best way. But his face remained indifferent as he leaned in and pressed his soft lips against mine like a reflex.

He pulled away before I could even blink, before I could sink into the kiss and let it consume me. "I'll be waiting in the limo."

I could only stare at the broad expanse of his shoulders as he exited the bedroom, hand reaching up to ghost across my lips as the feel of his touch lingered with tears brimming my eyes.

We'll get through this together... right?

--

I bit my lip, staring down at the ring on my hand, shining brilliantly under the chandelier lights.

"Tabitha?" my voice came out as a choked whisper as the memory hit me like a freight train.

"Yes, Miss y/n?" Tabitha set down the duster she was using to wipe the lower book shelves of the grand library I always find myself wandering into these days. 

Her concerned gaze was fixed on my face as she walked over to take a seat beside me on the cream colored sofa, smoothing her gray dress out in the process as the seat barely dipped due to her small frail figure.

"I'm really worried about Jungkook."

She tucked a few strands of black peppered gray hair behind her ear as she nodded in my peripheral. "As you should be. Death... it's not an easy mend for the heart."

I took a deep shaky breath. "But I'm also worried about... Mrs. Jeon."

"Both Mr. and Mrs. Jeon are-- "

"I think I overheard something I wasn't supposed to hear," the words came out quickly as I finally let them out.

Tabitha's brows furrowed, head tilting to the side in confusion as I met her gaze. "What do you mean, Miss y/n?"

I glanced back down the the ring before continuing. "I heard Mr. and Mrs. Jeon arguing... I don't think they knew I was there, I kind of panicked and hid under the bed... " she nodded again, leaning in closer as if to urge me to continue. 

"She was saying something about a plan, how it worked. And Mr. Jeon was really upset, he said that he would take her down with him if he had to... for Ji-eun's sake," I quoted Mr. Jeon's ending threat, watching as Tabitha's face morphed from confusion to concern. 

"I've given up too much to fail again," Mrs. Jeon's words replayed in my head and I shivered.

Tabitha suddenly cleared her throat uncomfortably, head beginning to shake back and forth in denial. "You can't possibly think that she would have-- "

"How long have you been working for the Jeon's, Tabitha?" 

She thought for a moment before sighing. "God, it feels like forever at this point," she huffed tiredly and my heart broke for her. 

Having to spend more than a quarter of your life working for Mrs. Jeon isn't anywhere near a stroll in the park.

"That being said, I think you can understand why I'm worried," when Tabitha didn't respond I continued. "I haven't stopped thinking about that day, there was something in her words, an underlying truth... " I shuddered again and sank farther into the couch for warmth. 

"She said, 'he'll get rid of the slut himself," I tried to mimic Mrs. Jeon's ear-splitting  voice, a complete fail. "You and I both know I'm not Mrs. Jeon's favorite person in the world," I smiled coldly. "I have a huge feeling she was talking about me. And with Ji-euns accident... I don't know, there's something that's been bothering me. It can't-- "

"Ahh, you're smarter than I thought, little girl."

Our heads whipped around in the direction of the shrill voice.

"Ma'am," Tabitha abruptly stood, head sinking low in respect for Mrs. Jeon.

Mrs. Jeon's narrow eyes scrutinized Tabitha, slowly strutting into the room with hands clasped behind her back like a stern general.

"Get out of my sight, I'll deal with you later," her voice was quiet but deadly and Tabitha took no time to scurry out of the library without sparing me a second glance.

Her head snapped back in my direction and I gulped, mentally cursing myself for saying anything to Tabitha in the first place.

'I just needed to tell someone, to get it off my chest... I couldn't tell Jungkook, not with the state he's in... and now Tabitha's in trouble. Great... '

"I think it's about time you and I have a little chat, don't you think?"

My nerves began to ricochet around my body in a panicked frenzy, clutching onto my t-shirt to hide the shaking of my hands as Mrs. Jeon took a seat beside me like a lioness that has finally cornered her prey.

There's no escape now.

Jungkook, please... I need you.

A/N♡:

I hope this chapter didn't disappoint!

Another secret is slowly being unleashed.

Are you prepared for all hell to break loose? 🙃

Please vote, comment, and share if you're enjoying my book!

Thank you for reading! 💜

-xoxo Kay

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

111K 4.4K 26
❝I ain't scared of heartbreaks anymore... for I know my heart is in the right hands.❞ [in which you're married to a 'cold' billionaire] ►CEO AU ►Arra...
1M 46.9K 44
"Oh please Jungkook, everyone knows you're just an innocent baby boy." "Well, I guess not everyone knows me then." ______________ You're a 24 year ol...
171K 4.9K 46
After moving to Seoul, South Korea in attempt to escape your burdensome past life, while struggling to make ends meet, you find yourself caught up in...
20.1K 1.5K 16
One night you're gushing over rom-coms and Jungkook's cooking; a few nights later you're tending to his beat-up face. But while it's his stubbornness...