Daft || Malum

By GiraffeLegsLuke

"Don't be daft, Michael," Ashton laughs. "Calum's straight." ⓒ Cover by quantum-fags More

Hair Dye
Cold Feet
"Gel"
Kiss Me
Hot Murderer
Screen Play
Hemms Lukeing
Pizza Spaceships.
Water Works
Still No Date For The Prom?
Calyum
References
Cuddle Me Clifford
Poisoned Youth
Drum Sticks
Hair Dye Again
Pierce The Brow
Movies
Character Ask
Jane The Ripper
Character Answers
No Shirt Party
Tacos and Blackmail
Bedtime Comedy
Bath Time with 5SOS
Snapbacks and Song Lyrics
Counting Snow
Milkshakes With Darwin
Luke Smash
Chaotic Symphony
I'm Michael
Frick More Biotches, Get Even More Money
Cold Shoulders
Showering with 5SOS
Lashtonless
Adventure Time
Marriage Counselling
ℰND
Fun Facts (skit)
Alternate Ending

Strawberry

11.9K 486 522
By GiraffeLegsLuke

"I thought we were seeing a movie?" I grumble, running my hand along the table, drawing swirly shapes with my finger.

"I needed an excuse to take you out so Luke and Calum couldn't listen to our conversation." He says, adjusting his tank top.

"Why are we at an ice cream place?" I ask, looking around the empty frozen dessert establishment.

It was painted and themed like the arctic, with cute cartoon penguins, seals and polar bears. There was one big brown walrus painted above the door.

"Because you can get whatever flavour you want and I won't judge you." Ashton shrugged, gesturing to the self serve ice cream station in the corner.

"How did you-?" I ask, puzzled.

"You sometimes stare at the strawberry ice cream too long while we're at the store." He mumbles.

"While you're over there and you get me bubblegum." He calls, when I finish making my beautiful looking strawberry banana split.

"So you took me out so I could get my favourite ice cream." It's not a question.

"I don't mean to sound rude but are you sure you're gay?" He asks.

"Pretty sure."

"Do you find girls attractive?"

"Not really, and besides all they do is whine. I want to be able to feel a heartbeat when I hug people and boobs get in the way of that, it's weird. I don't mind our fans, they're cool and it's not like girls are completely disgusting but no, I like guys." I give a small nod at the end as if to confirm my statement.

"You're not as confused as I was when I came out to my family." Ashton continued to munch on his ice cream.

"You came out?" I ask, slightly dumbfound. Ashton? Ashton Irwin. What?

"Yeah, it's not a big deal though. I'm bi but usually end up with girls." He shrugs, "Don't tell anyone though, it was awkward telling my family."

I nod, than halt. How could I forget.

"I forgot to tell my family." I practically exclaim, dragging a string of curse words out along with it.

"Call them now."

"Hey mum, sorry if I woke up up. Can you get dad? Put it on speaker." I rush along barely greeting them.

"Calm down Michael. What is it?" Mum says, bewildered by my suddenness.

"Okay. Mum, Dad." I pause and look at Ashton, he gives me a reassuring smile. "I'm just going to come out with it, no beating around the bush. I'm gay." Closing my eyes I wait for their reaction.

"Michael. You called to tell us that? I thought you were calling for something more serious." Mum says, breathing out a short laugh.

"Your father has tears in his eyes. He seems to be proud of you." Mum explains, to make up for the long pause.

"Okay. Can you put Federer on?" I ask patiently.

"Why do you want to talk to the poodle?" She chuckles.

"I want to tell my immediate family. Federer is immediate family."

"Whatever you say."

There's a long pause and some jingling, followed by a sharp bark.

"Hey Federer, how are you? Would you like to know something? I'm gay. Feel free to tell your doggy friends because I love you." I coo, almost picturing my poodle wagging it's tail enthusiastically.

"Okay bye Mum, love you too." I bid my farewell before ending the call and shoving my phone in my pocket.

"You told your dog?" He asks, chuckling and shaking his head of sandy blonde waves.

"What did you do to piss off Calum?" He asks finally.

I sigh, "He wanted to know who I like."

"And? Who is it?"

I take a moment to look anywhere but at Ashton, I don't mind telling him but I feel like saying it out loud would somehow seal the deal.

I look at one of the penguins painted on the wall, he has a wild tuff of feathery hair on top of his head and a Christmas coloured scarf wrapped around his neck with a comical grin on his beak.

"It's Calum, but I couldn't tell him that! So now he's just assuming I have a crush on you." This brings out another sigh.

Ashton and I stare at each other with a serious expression on our faces for a bit before we both start laughing.

"No offence, but no." I clarify between laughs.

"Didn't you basically say that you were rooting for Malum?" He asks.

"Yeah, but I joked about Mashton first." I pointed out.

Ashton rolls his eyes, taking a moment to throw out the plastic ice cream containers.

"What are you going to do?" He asks when he returns.

"I don't know. I want to tell our family as in the fans. What if they hate me?" I ask.

"Come on Michael, if they're true fans they'll accept you no matter what. And if they all end up hating you than it doesn't matter, you have me." He flashes me his lady killer smile, dimples on full display.

"Wait. You're bi? Does that mean you would date Luke?" I ask, as if I'd just discovered the mother load.

He frowns, taking a moment to think about it. "I've only ever seen him charm girls, I can't be too sure. Besides. I know for a fact he is straight, he's not a homophobe though. He's just wrapped up in the suddenness of your coming out. Unless I find a worthy guy, I'll stick to girls." I nod in understanding even though I like guys.

"And Calum?" He asks.

"He's just gonna be pissed at me, and the idea of me having a crush on you is stuck in his mind." I shrug, feeling a little too helpless.

"I think it's time to head back."

Adjusting my grey beanie slightly, I head out right behind Ashton.

"Are you going to tell anyone about you?" I ask, turning down the radio slightly. It happened to be the catchy pop song Calum was humming earlier.

"It's not important, besides if we come out around the same time they might think we're together." He pulls in the drive slowly.

Groaning like I have a serious back problem, I get out of the cheese smelling rental car.

"Who's going to go shopping with me now? Calum's probably pissed."

"We can go as sort of a band." Ashton suggests, opening the door for me.

As soon as I walk in I can taste the tense atmosphere. Taking a few steps further into the house I test the waters. Making sure one of the boys aren't going to pop up and yell at me.

The tension is thick, and nearly tangible. Despite the house being dead and dark. Something moves under a blanket on top of the couch cushions. A sleepy Luke sits up, rubbing an eye and looking at us.

"Hey Michael, I just wanted you to know that I support you." He gives me a sleepy grin, and gestures me over with open arms.

Now that I'm cuddled on the couch with Luke I can tell the tension is practically radiating from the bathroom. Any minute Calum is going to walk out, he's probably going to ignore me like that time I ate all of the blue m&m's and left him the pink ones or when I ate the last of the spaghetti before he got home.

"Hey Luke?" I whisper, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah Mikey?" He whispers back, playing with my hair.

"My favourite flavour of ice cream is strawberry." I stage whisper, getting a laugh out of Ashton who's doing something in the kitchen.

"Mine is chocolate." Luke whispers back, laughing.

"I know. Hey Luke?" I ask again.

"Yeah?"

"I'm gay. I just wanted to tell you myself."

"Okay Mikey."

"I'm going to bed." I yawn and trudge down the hall.

"Night Michael!" Ashton yells after me, coming out of the kitchen with Vegemite on toast. Almost as an automatic reaction, I turn around and take a piece before waving goodbye. Ashton brought in a separate plate for Luke to eat because he always eats more than half of someone else's if you don't feed him too.

I notice the bathroom light is off and the door is wide open, meaning Calum is somewhere down the hall.

I get his exact location when he pulls me into his room and shoves me against the wall next to the door, the light switch jabbing me below the shoulder blade.

"Fuck Calum, I'm going to have a bruise now! Could you at least push me against the wall away from the switch." I exclaim quietly.

He takes a moment to kindly shove me a little further from the door.

"Thanks mate."

"Did you have fun going to the movie with Ashton?" He sneers, digging his arms into my shoulders.

"Yeah, I guess." I give a little forced shrug.

"What did you talk about?" Calum all but demands, making me flush against the wall.

"Nothing."

"Michael."

"I mean it!"

"Michael, don't lie to me." He scolds, bringing his face a little closer.

Good thing Calum has me pinned up against the wall because Angry Calum is making my knees weak.

If Calum was any closer I would be able to kiss him. He's breathing my air and it's making the room temperature rise, unless that's just me.

"Michael. Answer me." Calum says slowly, practically growling.

Thank god my sweater is too big and reaches down to my upper thigh.

"Is it hot in here or is it just me?" I ask to stall, taking a moment to painfully fan air toward my face with a hand, comically.

"Now that you mention it. It is sort of steamy." He mumbles, pausing his interrogation.

For a moment the old Calum is back, the one that put hair dye on my stomach. We stood there, breathing each other's hot air.

"Answer me Michael." He repeats, and just like that the old Calum is gone, shattered and discarded on the ground.

Don't worry Calum, I'll put you back together. It'll take some time but I'm not going anywhere.

"We were talking about me coming out to the 5SOS Fam, among other things." I wince, Calum must know he's putting pressure where it would hurt.

For a moment an apology flashes in his eyes, and he opens his mouth to word it.

Ashton barges in.

"There you are." He states, tugging me out from between Calum and the wall. Nearly knocking Calum over in the process.

As I'm being dragged out of the room, I look back at Calum to see the apology replaced by anger.

"Are you alright?" Ashton questions like a conserned mother.

"Yeah, I'm going to sleep now." It feels like I left the rest of my energy back in Calum's room.

He nods and walks me there.

My room is pretty much empty, save the few articles of clothing scattered around.

The walls are a lame eggshell white colour and my mattress is on the ground.

I close the door and stare at the only poster I have in my room, it's a nothing special. An Iron Maiden poster that matches one of my shirts, what makes it the only poster I want to hang up is the fact that Calum gave it to me.

It was one of those out-of-the-blue gifts that declares how great of a friend one is. One of those presents that scream 'I saw this and thought of you.'

I throw my sweater across the room and wiggle out of my jeans. My beanie was lost when Luke wanted to cuddle.

I flop down on the mattress, rolling over a few times to get comfortable. I scroll through my twitter feed for a bit but get bored quickly.

The energy I left in Calum's room--trust me when I say I had enough to be an active monster between the sheets--caught up with me and I was immediately struck with wakefulness.

Damn it Calum, has to get me all hot and bothered like that at nearly ten thirty.

Don't start what you can't finish.

Suddenly there was a bright light flashed through my window followed by a rumble not even a second apart.

The thunder had me jumping out of be and tripping onto the floor, still wrapped up in the plain beige comforter.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I panicked, realizing for the first time the affects of Calum being pissed off at me.

I just admitted to fancying strawberry ice cream, I'm not about to admit to Luke or Ashton that storms scared me.

Calum only knows he shared a hotel room with me and woke up to me shaking in one of the corners, huddled in a heavy blanket.

Another clap of thunder has me gathering my comforter up around me and pushing myself into the space between my wall and dresser.

Okay Michael, you can do this. Just blast your music and hide under your blanket! I surge forward and scramble for my earbuds.

While hastily attempting to shove them in my ears shouting arises.

It's not the joking around shouting, one of the voices sounds mad.

Every so often the thunder would cut off certain words and avert my attention momentarily.

"Seriously? He's probably aslee. . .t now. Don't bother him!" The angry voice exclaimed.

I'm pretty sure who ever they're talking about is no longer sleeping, it's not like they're trying to be quiet.

"But I made him. . ." The second voice has a hint of desperation.

From what I can tell it's Ashton and Calum because--I'm not trying to brag but--I can recognize Calum's no matter what and Ashton--let's face it--sounds like he could start playing a didgeridoo while battling a rabid wombat any second.

"Give it to. . .he wants to see you!" Ashton snaps.

". . .ry capable of doing it myself." Calum retorts.

"Calum! I'm seriously not in the mood for your. . .give it to me, I'll give it to Michael." Ashton spits.

"Fine! I'm going to bed!" Calum shouts in defeat.

The last thing I want is Ashton to walk in and see me.

I speedily throw myself onto the mattress, whacking my knee on the ground in the process.

The knob turns slowly, and the hall light casts a strip of orangish light across my neck.

I close my eyes and make an extra attempt to not cringe at the thunder.

"Michael." Ashton whispers soothingly, shaking my shoulder slightly.

"Mhmm?" I question, not opening my eyes or giving any other signal that I'm awake.

"The Asian one made you tea, I wouldn't drink it. He might have put salt in it. I'll leave it on the nightstand just in case." He whispers, all anger from the argument in the hall is magically gone.

He silently pushes some unruly hair off my forehead which I'm thankful for because it was making my eyebrow super itchy. A small smile tugs my lips without my permission.

"Go to bed, you stupid bastard." I joke quietly, hoping it sounds drenched in a sleepy voice.

He laughs lightly, the hall light disappears as the door closes.

The thunder rattles the window and I shriek, sitting bolt up right.

"Very manly." A voice comments from the corner next to the door, causing me to jump once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 2.4K 22
.
8.1K 792 101
not intended for the eyes of those under 20!
566 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.
117K 5.2K 25
you're just a project. not a lover. copyright 2014 completed.