In the Moonlight [Completed]

By Red_Pheonix26

"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 18

859 31 3
By Red_Pheonix26

I had changed from my sweaty clothes and rushed out of the changing rooms. I needed to see Max, I don't know if it was because the bond was growing stronger since it felt that way, but I had to find him...  to thank him for the water of course.

Bursting through the cafeteria doors, I looked around nervously as a few heads turned towards me. He wasn't here.

I was gone as quickly as I had got there. Where was he?

After a while of wandering around aimlessly searching for him in the hallways, I gave up and started eating my lunch in a classroom. I didn't feel like eating with the others especially since he wasn't there and Cathy had already talked my ear off about what she was getting as a present for Christmas.

I couldn't help but think about everything, like how I was stuck not knowing what was going on between me and Max, or even if there was anything going on, what was going to happen with Isaac and how much I hoped the pack would be safe from the Red Moon pack.

Deciding to brush away the thoughts I grabbed my backpack and walked towards the library. Our exams were next week and I didn't want to fail.

The quiet and silence was relaxing as I entered the room with a completely different atmosphere to the rest of the school. The library had always been my escape in my past school and it surprised me that I hadn't gone to this one yet. I smiled as I thought about how grateful I was to have my friends, even if half of them were hairy werewolves..

My hands traced the books on the shelf containing a bunch of revision books as I looked for the one I was missing. When I found it and added it to the pile I was carrying I looked for a quiet corner to settle in. Because I mean, who needs tables when you can sit in the back all alone on the floor?

At the back of the library was a small couch with some large pillows on the floor. I took one of them and walked a bit further into the far corner to settle down. After plugging in my headphones and playing my favourite song, I hummed as I opened a notebook, taking notes of important areas that would probably come up on the test.

I hadn't noticed the figure right next to me until they pulled out my headphones. My eyes met too crystal ones as a smile made it's way onto both our lips.

"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked.

"You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away smugly.

Max moved closer to me until his face was right in front of mine.

"You're saying you don't think about me?" He smirked, fully knowing what the proximity was doing to me.

This guy was seriously unreadable, I mean, he was shy and super awkward when he nearly kissed me that night and we still hadn't talked about that, then he told me he didn't want to stay away from me and yet now he was teasing me like it meant nothing. He was shy, protective and arrogant all at the same time.

"I don't, why? Did you want me to?" I Regained my composure as I moved even closer, our lips nearly touching.

"Tsk, you're playing a dangerous game Alexa." He said as he moved away.

I don't know why I felt a pang of disappointment. We had told each other we cared about each other but for all I knew it was just because of the bond  and he didn't actually want anything more. I wasn't a werewolf so it was really confusing for me.

I looked back down at my notes. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I was here before you you know, studying."

I looked up. "You were studying?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes, why? Is that so unbelievable?"

I let out a small laugh. "I guess. That's just such a normal thing to do that I couldn't believe it when you said it."

"Well, I want to do well on my exams."

I nodded in agreement. "Hey by the way. Thanks for earlier."

He looked like he was searching for what I meant until he shrugged.

"What?"

"Nothing. It just seems like Will can be there for you more than me."

I looked around the library but happily we were in an empty corner hidden away by bookshelves. I moved towards him wanting to take his hand. I didn't know wether I should so I just spoke "Will is a friend and he has a mate that he told me all about during our run. I was happy because you gave me water and thought about me."

He didn't know how much such a small gesture made me so happy.

His eyes met mine for what felt like eternity until a conflicted look appeared on his face.  

He stood up saying he had to go barely uttering a goodbye.

What was this guy's deal? I could never understand him.

~~~~~

Max PoV

I was taking a cold shower, trying to rid my mind of her smile. I knew I couldn't stay away from her anymore but I hadn't realised how difficult it would be every time I saw her. Sam was yelling at me to mark her. But I couldn't. And it was killing me.

I remembered the night in her bedroom, when I had almost kissed her. I remembered feeling so happy when she hadn't pulled away but also stupid when I realised I couldn't lead her on. Telling her I cared about her was the right choice because she wouldn't feel rejected and the pain from the bond, but the closer we get the stronger the bond will grow.

I couldn't forget that because I was a werewolf I felt the bond ten times stronger than her. I couldn't expect her to fall and love with me just because we were mates and I didn't even know what she thought of me even though I knew she cared about me, but just how much? I couldn't push her because she was human and it would be weird for her to jump into something so quickly even if we were destined to be together.

I had to think of something and fast.

~~~~~

I spent the next week watching her from behind a few rows of bookcases, she was flipping through a notebook and writing notes.

Every move she made was mesmerizing, from how she chewed on her pencil to how she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

When she would look up I would hide behind the shelf, cautious not to get caught because I didn't want her thinking I was a creep. Although she probably already thought I was. I couldn't stay too close to her because Isaac got more suspicious. He was asking me why I was acting so weird. I wished I could just tell him but he wasn't the same person as from two years ago, I couldn't risk her getting hurt.

The afternoon bell rang as I quickly hurried out of the library. It was our last exam and we would go on holiday next week. Except for the pack it meant more patrolling to find where the Red Moon pack's alpha was hiding.

I arrived in the exam hall and sat down although all I wanted to do was go back home.

Lex arrived a few minutes after me, finding her seat at the front. Well, at least there'll be something interesting to look at during this test, since I usually finish early. There's nothing wrong with actually being ready for a test right?

After two hours of torture, we were finally done with exam season. This also meant I wouldn't see her for a week until the trip. I wasn't exactly looking forward to the cold, but it was okay since she was going.

~~~~~

Kicking a stone along the rocky path, I was calmy making my way towards Will's house. He asked me to come over to play some video games and of course I agreed, impatiently waiting to kick his ass.

I hadn't heard anything from Alexa, and couldn't really blame her for it since I tried to keep my distance from her these past few days. Finally having some holidays to stay at the pack house and relax was great, apart from the fact that I didn't have an excuse to see her anymore.

The ringing of the doorbell could be heard all around the house as I waited for Will's smiling face to peek from the slightly opened door, opening it to let me in.

"Hey man, I've got pizza and coke but you can order anything else if you want." He patted me on the back.

"Hey, that'll be fine." I stopped in my tracks when I smelt her scent.

My head immediately shot up to look at Will. He was slowly backing away smiling as though he knew the exact reason to my alarm.

"Is she here?" I asked.

"Who's where?" Her blond hair came into view and it wasn't long before her eyes met mine.

Cathy soon followed after her and stopped when she saw me. "Will! I thought I told you this was a girl's night, no boys allowed!"

"I forgot." Will disregarded his sister's clear annoyance.

"It's fine. We'll be in Cathy's room anyways." Lex said, her eyes still not leaving mine.

She was probably distant because I hadn't exactly tried to talk to her these past few days, but it wasn't my fault! Okay maybe it was.

"Come on." Cathy dragged her by her arm. "What's going on, I saw the way you were looking at him?" She teased.

I could still hear them going up the stairs. "What do you mean?" Lex's voice reached my ears.

"Wait, don't tell me you like my brother's best friend? Omg this is like in my book!" Cathy's squealing could be heard from miles away.

"Cathy, your brother has many best friends. I don't know who you're talking about." She tried to get Cathy off of her back.

"Yeah but you only like one."

"Shut up." I could hear her blush from here. She was so cute.

"Man you coming?" Will snapped me out of my dreaming, as I sighed following after him.

We spent several hours playing, me beating him but not by a lot. He was convinced he would beat me. I smirked, sneaking up on him from around the corner, aiming and shooting him successfully earning the most points and winning.

"Ughh not fair." Will threw his arms up in defeat. "Okay what game now?" He was still as eager to continue playing even after his defeat. It was already nine but I wasn't worried about getting back in the dark.

"You pick. I'm getting another coke." I said, picking up the empty can.

He nodded too engrossed in his choice to look up at me.

I knew where everything was in the kitchen although it didn't take a genius to figure out where the fridge was.

Turning around after grabbing the cold drink in my hand I suddenly noticed her standing there.

"Um hey." That definitely sounded more confident in my head.

"Hi." Her voice was just above a whisper. I was wondering why she was so awkward around me today.

She looked away from me, slowly opening the fridge to grab a Pepsi. I tried to say something but nothing came to my mind so I just stared at her. Her eyes were nervously darting about, looking everywhere except for me as she was obviously avoiding eye contact.

I stepped closer, wanting to face her about what was wrong. She stepped back making me frown.

I searched her eyes, whilst she nervously brought her hand up to her neck like she was trying to relieve tension or nerves. Yet when she dropped her arm back down her hair was layed to one side, leaving one side of her neck exposed.

I don't know what came over me when I cautiously reached up to it, caressing her soft skin.

Her eyes widened, but she didn't say anything. Watching me as though she trusted me.

I traced a small circle, knowing exactly where I was going to mark her as soon as I could. When my eyes went back to hers, her eyes were closed like she enjoyed my touch. I couldn't blame her, my wolf ached to be in her arms again too.

This time, it wasn't me who left, but she pulled away realizing what we were doing, and rushed away back up the stairs.

I decided I was going to tell Isaac as soon as we got back from the trip, I had to.

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 135 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
49.7K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
230K 9.3K 75
"Mels I think we should break up" David said to her, his voice flat, no emotion, as though he wasn't blowing up her entire world with his blunt words...
1.3M 32.4K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...