Moving Forward ~1

By Vampirediaries1996

Mystic Falls has always been the same. Nothing happens here. Everyone knows each others business if you like... More

New Year, Same Me
That's Not Hate
Match Made In Heaven
Darkness Is Coming
Aftermath of the Attack
Comets Flying By
Suspicion
Dinner Disaster
Team Spirit
Changes
Founder's Parties All Day
Carwash and Cemeteries
Secrets
Temporary Breakups
Towel Girl
The Truth Comes Out
The Beginning of The End
Life Turning Upside Down
Decade Dance
Trust
Tomb Games
Isobel's Past
Eligible Bachelor's
Double Date
Another Funeral
Drunk Stefan
Facing Bonnie
Miss Mystic Jitters
Where Is Amber?
Isobel
Compulsion
Hospital's and Kisses
She's Here
Vampire Carnivals
Research Becomes Reality
Wolves and Barbecues
Cat's Out of the Bag
Moonstone
Masquerade and Danger
Elijah
Katerina
Kristen Stewart
Making Deals
Losing Part of Yourself
Werewolves
True Intensions
Hosting a Killer Dinner
Journals
The Fun's Just Getting Started
Warnings from the Witches
60's Dance
Klaus
Sacrifice
Rebirth
18
Smoky Mountains
Chili
DoppelgΓ€nger Blood
First Day of the New Year
Bonfire
Ghost World
Mikael
Homecoming
Hybrids and Coffins
Birthday or Funeral
Beginning of Darkness
Mother of a Ball
A Mother's Love
Unlinking
Makeup and Betrayal
Dark Times
Another Funeral
Hunters and Hallucination's
Miss Mystic Round 2
Connection
Snowflakes
Is Silas Real?
The Cure
Can We Cheat Death?
Grieving and Moving On
Three Sacrifices
Prom
Graduation

Fireworks

6.2K 180 75
By Vampirediaries1996

Here it is. Last chapter of season 1!!!!

God, I wished I backed out of Miss Mystic when I had the chance. Now I had to dress in period clothes for Caroline's rendition of living our her Gone with the Wind fantasy.  I have no idea how these women survived years of wearing these damn corsets. Jenna is struggling to lace up both Elena and my dresses. I keep wishing I hadn't insisted on eating a big lunch because it's biting me in the ass.

"Ow, this dress hurts." Elena complains. We haven't really talked since I told them I knew about Damon killing Matt's sister. We've been avoiding each other. Which is hard when your town is forcing you to come together and celebrate events nonstop.

"Suck it in baby."

"I swear my food baby is dying under this extreme amount of pressure. Will my ribs break in this?" I twirl around for Jenna and she shakes her head.

"You two stop being dramatic. You both look beautiful. Rick and I will drive you two as close to parade as possible." I groan in distance for this dress.

"Meaning we're going to walk in all of this?"

"No very far. But yes, Sofia you will have to walk some."

"Why is Jeremy still your escort?" Elena asks and I glare at her. She holds up her hands.

"Yeah, I thought Matt is off for the night."

"Uh, he is but we broke up and I don't feel like having his arm around my waist the whole parade. So, Jeremy is my escort. Okay, let's go." I grab my change of clothes and head downstairs. I want this day to be over with.

"Why didn't you tell me you and Matt broke up?" Elena won't let this go.

"Probably the same reason you kept Damon turning Vicki into a vampire then he killed her. It's none of your business."

"Sofia." She gathers her dress and runs in front of me. "I never meant to hurt you. With everything going on I didn't feel like bringing up Vicki because we had bigger issues to deal with."

"What stopped you what Caroline found her body?" She hangs her mouth open not knowing how to respond.

"I uh...I should have said something but I was worried how you would take it. Matt was going through a lot and..."

"Elena, you have to stop acting like your mom. You're my sister you don't get to decide what I get to know or not. I can decide if I'm able to handle the dark stuff like death. You can't decide what's good for Jeremy and me just because you believe you think you know what's best."

"That's not what I was doing. I honestly...I thought you and Matt were going through a lot already and adding what really happened would just make things worse."

"I wish you told me sooner. I wish I didn't have to ask Damon to compel Matt."

"What you had Damon compel Matt?" We continue walking but at a slow pace since these dresses make it hard to breathe. I nod my head and Elena stops and tries to bring me into a hug but the hoops in our dresses make that a little difficult. "You didn't..."

"But I did. If I broke up with him without the compulsion he would keep asking why and eventually that why would lead him into our mess. He doesn't deserve that. All I had Damon do was compel him that he fell romantically out of love with me. He still cares for me as a friend and that's how it will remain." I quickly wipe away a tear trying not to lose it.

"But you loved him so much. Everyone could tell."

"I love him so much Lenny, I can't see him hurt if it's because of me. This way we could both end things on good terms and we can deal with our vampire mother and move on with our lives."

"Is that what you want?"

"Elena, we don't always get what we want."

__________________________________
Damon's POV

"Look at you all retro." I walk up on Stefan and he's not pleased to see me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie with the help of Sofia deactivated the Gilbert Invention. Isobel's gone. Heh. And it's Founder's Day. I'm here to eat cotton candy and woo Sofia."

"Don't start with me, Damon."

"Oh, you started it, Stefan. With the whole stay, away from Sofia speech. You're not good for her. As powerful as that was Sofia already admitted her feelings for me."

"No, she didn't. She's in love with Matt."

"Yes, so in love with him that she had me compel him that he broke up with her." He looks shocked and I love when I catch him off guard. He always thinks he knows everything.

"Now why would she do that?"

"Hey, she can't be compelled. She did it on her own free will."

"And she has no issue with you turning Vicki and..."

"I turned her but you my brother killed her. But sure, it's a small bump in our blossoming relationship but the chemistry is there. All we need is a spark to light the match and Sofia and I will be in eternal bliss." I wiggle my brow at him.

"I don't believe you."

"Why because she's too good for me."

"She too pure Damon. Sofia isn't someone you can mess with and tire of the next day. She's a person and specifically, she's Elena's sister."

"One don't judge me since you pursued Elena because she looks exactly like Katherine. Two you have no idea about my relationship with Sofia."

"Because you kidnapped her and took her to Georgia or the fact that you basically turned her mother into a vampire."

"Georgia was a great bonding time for us and we're all past the Isobel thing."

"Sofia is not Katherine."

"You're right she's not." My eyes widen as I see history coming to life. Stefan turns to where I' looking at. It's Sofia and Elena dressed in 1864 clothing making the statement not like Katherine very hard to differentiate.

__________________________________
Sofia's POV

Damon won't stop staring at me. I keep avoiding him not wanting to deal with what I'm possibly feeling for him. Something must be wrong with me that I was in love with Matt one minute and now I feel something for Damon. Damon kills people for fun. Who has lied to us about his motives and Damon who would do anything for love? Stefan then had to drop the bomb on Elena and me that uncle John may not only be our uncle but our father as well. As if our lives couldn't get any more complicated. We've never liked John. He's always been an elitist ass who creeps people out when he comes into the room. Now we could possibly be his daughters. Life likes to keep pulling these pranks on us. The float was beautiful. Caroline did a great job. Jeremy even plastered a smile on his face as we road through the town on the float.

I with the help of Bonnie and Caroline I could get out of that monstrosity of a dress. I'm so glad I wasn't around during that time because I would most defiantly have passed out from lack of air. "I like you better like this." I stop in my tracks as Damon stands in front of me. This is the first time we've spoken since I told him to compel Matt. "The period look, it didn't suit you."

"Wow, I stood out for hours in that suffocating dress in the hot sun just to be insulted." I joke with him.

"Just giving you a compliment of the highest order."

"I told you I needed time Damon." He grabs my hand.

"And I said you are worth waiting for. But that doesn't mean I can hide my feelings for you."

"What if I can't return them?" I look up at Damon and his face softens.

"It's okay to be scared Sofia. But you can't let fear run your life."

"I don't know what this." I point between us. "Is but how about we start with friends."

"I would love to sleep with you but friends with do." He smirks as I smack his shoulder.

"I mean it, Damon. There's no reason to rush into this. You don't age and I'm still seventeen we have time. Now you need to win me a stuffed animal."

"And why would I do that?" We head outside to where all the activities are.

"That's what friends do."

"And what will you as my friend do for me?"

"I will get you a goldfish."

"Nah, I much rather have a kiss from you."

"Damon!" I warn him but it's no use. This flirtatious side of him reminds me he's playful and not a complete dick.

"Anna?" Damon stops walking. I look up surprised to see her. Hopefully, Jeremy will stop thinking Elena had something to do with her not calling him back. "You're still around?" She drags us away from others who could overhear us

"There's something you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight."

"How do you know this?"

"I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not."

"Thanks for letting us know." I state and she brushed my comment off.

"They want the founding family's dead."

"When is this supposed to happen?"

"When the fireworks start."

"John Gilbert wants to use the invention on them."

"Then we can't be here."

"It doesn't work. Bonnie and I deactivated." I inform her but her stress didn't leave her face.

"Then a lot of people are gonna die.'

"Where are they right now?" Damon asks her.

"They're already here Damon." Damon grips my hand tightly as he maneuvers us through the crowd.

"Stay close to me." He orders and I nod my head as we continue to look for either Stefan or Elena. Thankfully we find Rick first.

"Rick." I call out. He turns to us confused on why we look upset.

"Come here." Damon drags him away from students who could overhear us. "You keep those nifty little vampire weapons in the car?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Because the tomb vampires are here." I inform him.

"I think we might need a stake or two."

"Yeah, got it." Rick rushed off and Damon continues to pull me closer to him. I hear my sister laughing and I lead Damon to her and Stefan. I grab her hand and she looks at me weirdly.

"Sofia, what are you doing?"

"We're saving your life." Damon pipes in. "Fifteen words or less, tomb vamps are here." Stefan automatically looks around but we won't be able to tell who they are if they're blending in. "Founding families are the target. Get these two out of here." Damon pushes me to Stefan and Elena.

"What about you?" I ask him.

"Sofia, no time for question get out of here now!" He orders.

"Wait where are you going?" Stefan asks his brother while keeping a firm hold on Elena and me.

"That's more than fifteen words, Stefan." Damon runs off without another word.

"Elena." I look to her and she nods.

"Stefan, Jeremy is here somewhere."

"Let's go find him." We follow Stefan's lead and out of nowhere, he drops to his knees clutching his head in pain.

"Stefan? What's going on? What's happening?" Elena and I crouch down.

"My head."

"What?" Rick rushes to our side and helps us lift Stefan to his feet.

"We don't know what happened. He just dropped." I state to Rick as we get to someplace safe.

"Yeah, he's not the only one. Cops are grabbing everyone who has gone down. Injecting them with vervain."

"What?" Elena and I say in unison.

"They're rounding up the vampires." I stated looking at my sister solemnly. Stefan stops groaning in pain.

"Are you okay?" Elena asks him.

"It's like needles were piercing my skull and then it just stopped."

"I saw at least five vampires go down. They were taking them to your family's old building."

"It's the Gilbert device. It has to be."

"But how did he get it to work? Bonnie and Sofia unspelled it."

"Elena."

"No, Bonnie is our friend. She wouldn't say she did..."

"Elena, vampires have done nothing but hurt her and her family. It's not unreasonable to believe she would choose to protect human life than vampires."

"But you helped her un-spell..."

"I did what she told me to do. I had no idea what I was doing. I believed Bonnie when she said she needed my help and I gave it to her."

"Sofia that can't be true. We all saw you two..."

"She's right Elena. We asked her to un-spell a device that protects people from vampires."

"So, we could protect you." She states.

"And Damon." Stefan points out.

"Where's Damon?" I ask Rick now worried about what has happened to him.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him since it started."

"We have to find Damon I order."

"Can you get our brother?" Elena asks Rick. "Take him home?"

"Of course."

"Let's go." I help Stefan up and we head to our family's building.  

__________________________________
I spot John first and I go running up to him. I hit his arm to get his attention. "Where the hell is Damon?" I demand.

"With the rest of them." Elena pulls me back. "Where he should be. It's over for Damon."

"You're crazy." Elena states.

"Why? Because I'm doing what should have been done 145 years ago? This is the right thing to do Elena, Sofia." Stefan looks around and John notices. "Go ahead. You won't make it out. It'll save me the trouble of killing you myself."

"You two know the building well, is there another entrance in?"

"Utility door, there's one around the side." We go to help Stefan but John grabs our arms.

"Take one more step and I'll alert those deputies that they missed a vampire."

"I'm asking you not to."

"That doesn't mean anything to me."

"As our father, it should." I state ripping my arm out of his grasps. He's still holding onto Elena's arm.

"You two know?"

"We weren't sure but you confirmed it."

"You can't..." Without even touching him John falls to his ass.

"Don't ever manhandle us like that again." I warn him.

"How did..."

"I guess you have another person to hate. I'm not human John."

"But how..."

"Is everything alright?" The deputies start heading over but John holds up his hand.

"Everything is alright. I just tripped." He looks at us not knowing what to say.

"Let's go, Elena." She nods and we run to where Stefan is.

"Stefan?" Elena and I don't see him but the door the building is open. Elena and I go running in but Bonnie stops us.

"You two can't go in there."

"Bonnie, what are you doing?" Elena yells at her.

"I'm sorry for lying to you."

"Sorry isn't good enough Bonnie. People are dying because of what you did."

"They're not people Sofia. They're vampires."

"And we're witches. Humans, vampires, witches. We all have the choice to be good or evil. Neither species is innocent in anything. Just because you're labeled a monster doesn't mean you have to be one."

"I can't let you go in..." Bonnie is flung back when I raise my hand. Not far or hard but enough for her to get the message.

"I'm going down there to fix what you did. Try and stop me." I rush down not listening to her cries

I see Stefan standing in front of a door he can't seem to open. "Stefan?" I call out.

"You shouldn't be here."

"I can help."

"Sofia..." The door flings open and fire is erupting out of it. I look at the fire and I concentrate on making it go away. Stefan notices this. "Are you doing this?" I raise my brow at him and the fire regains its height.

"Get Damon, I'll handle the fire." I order and he runs in when the fire is lowered. Next thing I knew Stefan vamp speeds at me and hauls Damon and me out.

"Sofia!" Elena runs to me inspecting me for injuries.

"I'm fine Elena."

"How'd you, do it?" Bonnie speaks up.

"What do you mean. I do what you do."

"No, I have to conjure a spell and focus to do any magic. But you do it without saying anything or practice."

"I don't know. I concentrated on lowering the flames and they did."

"I was trying to help but it felt like you were blocking me."

"I don't need help from someone who lies about deactivating a device that can kill our friends."

"I did it to protect people."

"Bonnie! I'm sorry your grams died. Okay, I'm sorry vampires seem to always get in the way of our lives. But we're only seventeen, we don't get to decide who lives and dies just because they're not human."

"You don't understand Sofia. You never will."

"Shut me out, Bonnie. I thought we were better friends than that."

"I don't know who you are anymore."

"Same can be said for you." I fire back.

"Sofia!" Elena calls to me and I briefly look at her

"Bonnie I understand why you betrayed us. I really do, but it doesn't make what you did okay." She hangs her head low and I head out with my sister. I will always love Bonnie because she's family. But you don't always agree with what family has done. And in this situation, I can't condone what she did but I can understand why she did it. We will get through this pain one way or another.

__________________________________
This night was disastrous beyond belief. All I want is to sleep and dream of happier times. I'm surprised when I see the last person I thought would be at my house. "What are you doing here?" I ask Damon as he closes my front door.

"I failed and feeble attempt at doing the right thing."

"Which was?" He steps closer to me. I can still smell the fire on his clothes. I'm reminded how close we all were to losing him tonight.

"It's not important. Here let me take this for you." He takes my dress bag from my hands. He sets down my stuff on the chair. "You know, I came into this town wanting to destroy it. Tonight I...found myself wanting to protect it. How does that happen? I'm not a hero Sofia. I don't do good. It's not me."

"You're being too harsh on yourself."

"You out of everyone should want nothing to do with me. I've hurt people you love out of selfishness and malicious intent. I..."

"We're all capable of doing bad things. No one is a true saint."

"Except for you."

"No, I've lied and said hurtful things to people because I was upset. I break people's hearts because I don't want mine to be broken instead. I think of myself more than I think of others. I'm not perfect Damon. No one is. We have to stop being so hard on ourselves."

"That's where you're wrong. Being good people is reserved for my brother, your sister, you and even Bonnie. Even though she had a reason to hate me she still tried to help Stefan save me. But she didn't need help, did she? You did it all on your own."

"I guess I care about you enough to not see you die." I state. My heart is racing now that I'm fully looking at him.

"And for that I'm thankful." He leans in and places a kiss on my cheek. He lifts his head and I'm lost in his blue eyes. Almost losing him makes me suddenly not afraid of what could happen. Living life in fear is no way to live. I waste no time before latching my lips on to his. Damon immediately responds to my kiss with an equal amount of passion.

I find myself pulling him closer to my body and even having his hands rest on my lower back keeping me from buckling. We only stop when we hear the front door open. I hide my face on Damon's shoulder not wanting to meet the judgmental eyes of my family.

"It's late you should probably come inside." Jenna states. I nod my head which is still hidden in Damon's shoulder. I don't look at either of them as I grab my stuff and head in. She closes the door not saying anything to Damon.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm a single woman Jenna I can make-out with another guy. I'm going to shower and go to bed.

"Sofia, this isn't like you. What is going on with you."

"Nothing Jenna. I feel free."

Thank you to everyone who supported me through all of this. I can't wait for you to see what I have planed for season 2.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 134 18
It's been two months since I left Mystic Falls. I've spent two months with Klaus, my ancestor and captor, helping him find a werewolf pack for one p...
5.2K 154 21
,,My name is Hailey Carter-Mikaelson.When I was little, Rebekah found me by the side of a road and saved me. She was like a mother and an older siste...
495K 9.9K 38
After the incident is 1864 everyone in mystic falls including the Salvatore brothers assumed their youngest sister was dead. She had fled the town to...