Jacob's Bet

By ariana-everhart

Riley. The sort of nice, sort of sarcastic, sort of smart, not really stand-outish girl and half-enemy of Jac... More

NOTE
Chapter 1 - Introductions
Chapter 2 - Jacob's Bet
Chapter 3 - He Ships Jacley
Chapter 4 - Dogs Dying
Chapter 5 - Lunch Detention
not a chapter
Chapter 6 - Spell Amy
Chapter 7 - He Shops In VS
Chapter 8 - Kiss Me Kiss Me
Chapter 10 - Break A Leg
Bye For Now
WOAH
Chapter 11 - Lost Kids
Chapter 12 - Haha Very Funny
Chapter 13 - Talk The Talk
Chapter 14 - Battle Of The Axes
Chapter 15 - Acceptance Speech
Chapter 16 - Jealousy At Its Finest
Overrrrr
HEARTBREAK RULEBOOK
Power Of Persuasion
Chapter 17 - Thin Line
Chapter 18 - BYHRB
Chapter 19 - Paintball
Chapter 20 - Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 21 - Too Short
Chapter 22 - Wanna Dance?
Chapter 23 - Crying
Chapter 24 - TBOTE Part 1
Please Read
Chapter 25 - TBOTE Part 2
REWRITE NEWS

Chapter 9 - Party With Reem

16.6K 424 193
By ariana-everhart

(----------------------------------------)

 READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE

(----------------------------------------)

It was 8:30pm on a Saturday night and I was currently at Ali's house getting ready for the party at Josh's place. There were screams coming from outside the room and then loud footsteps running towards us.

All of a sudden the door burst open and in came tweedle dee and tweedle dum running in. If you were wondering which you probably were, tweedle dee was Ali's little brother, Zac, who happened to also be 8 and tweedle dum was Daniel, the little eight year old that just so happens to live in my house.

These dudes were like the best of friends and did everything together. When they were together, it was never a good thing.

"Get out you idiots!" Ali says trying to push them out the door, I laugh at her attempts as they climb onto her bed and start jumping on it.

"Two little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell down and bumped his head, mumma called the doctor and the doctor said, 'no more monkeys jumping on the bed!' One little monkey jum-"

"GET OFF MY BED!" Ali yells at the two boys causing them to stop singing.

"Fine, okay we just wanted to play with you guys," Zac says walking out the door with Daniel in tow. They were honestly so cute but were also a really big pain in the ass.

"So what are you wearing?" Ali asks locking the door and turning towards me.

"I don't really know and it doesn't really matter anyways, it's just a party," I say looking out the window.

"It's not just any party! It's Josh Nickel's party!"

"Wow, I totally care."

"You should."

"But I don't."

I hear her sigh before she walks over to her closet. "Look, I won't force you to wear a dress or anything like that but whatever you're gonna wear, at least make it decent."

Two hours later, I'm dressed in a black, off the shoulder crop top, a white cardigan, ripped, black skinny jeans and a pair of low top converses. And if you were wondering, I wasn't the one who took two hours, I took about 20 minutes max. Ali was dressed in a tight, backless black dress that ended a few centimetres above her knees with a pair of black pumps.

"Time to go," Ashton says loudly from the other side of the door. Unfortunately Ashton was taking us since he was also gonna be at the party and like I said, Ali and I weren't old enough to drive but luckily Josh's place was huge so we probably weren't even gonna see him once we were in there.

--------------------

It was almost midnight and I was sitting on the floor alone in a corner. I was probably the only sober person here. Ali had gone off with Alex and Hunter was no where to be found, Regina was making out with Josh and I was surround by a bunch of sweaty bodies. It was an absolute nightmare. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep.

"What are you doing here?"

I look up to the source of the voice and see Jacob standing over me. He was dressed in dark wash jeans paired with a tight black v-neck t-shirt. I had to admit, he looked pretty good.

"What do you think I'm doing here?"

Jacob rolls his eyes in response and sits down on the floor next to me a little too close for my liking. I scoot over a tiny bit so I'm not touching him in the slightest and he gives me a funny look before moving closer to me. I give him the same look he gave me, before moving over even more so that I was squashed against the wall. He raises an eyebrow before moving closer to me.

"What are you doing?" I ask trying to push him away from me.

"I should be asking you the same question," he replies not moving even an inch.

"Well you're a little too close and it's making me feel uncomfortable, I'm claustrophobic," I say pulling my knees into my chest and resting my chin on them.

"Yet you're in a house crowded with a bunch of hormonal teenagers," he says giving me a pointed look.

"I know, I know, not the smartest decision for a claustrophobic person."

"Aww, you're claustrophobic," Jacob says wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Get your arms off of me, this is making me feel worse!"

"Exactly why I'm doing this."

"Asshole."

Jacob shakes his head an amused expression on his face and gets up off the floor offering me a hand up. I take it and feel like slapping myself when I'm dropped back onto the floor.

"This is the third time! I can't believe you fell for that, oh my gosh, you're so gullible!" Jacob laughs. I glare at him before getting up by myself.

I'm just about to open my mouth to reply when a red head comes forward. "Jacob, do you wanna dance?" She asks completely ignoring me and batting her eyelashes a few times too many.

"No thank you, Reem." I really hope he got her name right.

"C'mon Jacob, just one dance, that's all," she pleads trailing her manicured finger up and down his arm.

"Sorry, Reem, I can't, my girlfriend-" I mentally cringe when he uses that title, "-here wants to leave and I gotta take her."

"Woah, I never said anything about leaving, and Reem, he's all yours," I say giving Jacob a salute and backing away a little.

His eyes widen and he puts his palms together pleading to me while Reem's back is to us.

'Save me,' he mouths.

I shake my head at him and go back into my little corner.

----------------

It had been exactly two hours since I'd left Jacob to party with Reem and I was currently trying to find some food. Walking into the empty kitchen I go over to the bowl of chips and shove a handful into my mouth. I take out my phone and scroll through Facebook, I haven't been on here in two weeks and surprisingly I've got 17 friend requests.

Stalking each page carefully, I'm surprised to find that they all go to Roseland High and are all popular...right, I'm dating Jacob, of course. I accept all the friend requests.

I continuously eat for the next half hour scrolling through Facebook until Jacob walks in.

"I hate you."

"The feeling's mutual."

"You left me with Reem!"

"So?"

"You left me in the hands of a devil!"

"I'm sure she wasn't that bad."

"Well think again! She kept trying to get in my pants."

"What? And you declined her offer? Why? Haven't you had sex with like half the female population?" I say continuing to scroll through Facebook.

"Of course I declined! She's the biggest whore he-"

"And you're the biggest man-whore here," I interrupt.

He shoots me a look before speaking again, "I am not the biggest man-whore here."

"Whatever," I say turning back around to the food before my phone is quickly snatched from my grasp.

"Hey!" I turn around to see Jacob looking at my feed on Facebook.

"Give it back to me," I say reaching for my phone

"You have a lot of friends from school on here, can I write a status update?" He asks dodging my hand.

"No! Write it on your own!" I say reaching for it again.

"If I wrote it on my own Facebook I'd sound self-centred, it has to come from someone else," he says dodging my hand again and typing on my phone.

"Jacob! Give it back!"

"Wait let me finish typing this, and I sent you a friend request a while back, why'd you decline it?"

"I don't want you to see my page."

"Whatever, I'm sending myself a request."

I roll my eyes and continue to eat while I wait for him to finish doing whatever he's doing on my phone.

All of a sudden there's a flash. I turn and see Jacob holding up his phone smiling at the picture on his screen.

"JACOB! DELETE THAT NOW!" I yell lunging for his phone.

He swiftly dodges me and continues to hide the picture from me.

"Let me see it!"

"Fine, but you have to stand a metre away from me."

I take a few steps back and he holds his phone up. Well, at least I look decent enough.

"Why'd you take the picture?"

"Is it bad that I want a pic of my girlfriend on my phone?"

"No, but I'm not really your girlfriend so yeah it is bad."

"Well I needed a contact photo of you."

"You don't even have my number."

"Got it from your phone just then and I put my number in," he says handing me my phone.

"Hot Dude #1...really?" I raise an eyebrow in disbelief.

"I couldn't think of a better contact name," he replies rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Here's a suggestion, how about JACOB?" I say changing his contact name. I quickly snap a pic of him while he isn't looking but the stupid shutter noise makes that sound and Jacob's head snaps to me.

"Did you just take a pic of me?"

"No..."

"You just took a pic of me!"

"Well it's only fair!"

"Delete that pic!"

"No way!" I say putting it as his contact photo. He takes a step towards me as I take a step back.

"AHHHHH WHAT IS THAT?!?" I scream and point at something behind him and he turns around to see what it is. Sucker.

I bolt out the kitchen and into the mass of sweaty bodies trying to find my way out of the house.

"RILEY!" I hear him yelling from behind me so I crouch down and crawl along the floor dodging disgusting feet. I finally make it out of the house and sit on a bench outside where it's deserted. I barely have time to wrap my cardigan tightly around me before Jacob's face appears in my vision and my phone is plucked from my hand once again.

I sigh as he sits down next to me deleting the pic from my phone. I'm not even gonna bother to try and get another pic, like I said, I was lazy.

"Riley, smile," I turn to him and see him holding the camera out in front of the both of us.

"A selfie, really?" I give him a look and he winks at me in reply. Only then do I realise how close our faces are, and the worst thing about it is we're just staring at each other.

"Cheese!" He says turning to face the camera and snapping the picture.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-

READ THIS:

Characters on the side. The pic in chapter 5 is no longer relevant.

I've changed Alex because I couldn't find the same pic that I used in chapter 5. Blake is no longer in this because he's not important and once again there is no Riley or Jacob because that's up to your imagination.

Description of Riley close to the end of chapter 1 and description of Jacob at the start of chapter 2.

If you know who the 'unknowns' are, please tell me.

Regina Gustavo - Sarah Ellen // IG : sarah3llen

Ashton Lancaster - Sean O'Donnell // IG : spobabbby

Steven Valenski - Francisco Lachowski // IG : chico_lachowski

Alex Cooper - Jack Harries // IG : jackharries

Hunter Riverwood - Unknown

Alison Maxwell - Unknown

If you see any typos please let me know and please vote !

Quick Question: Jack or Finn Harries ? Finn :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 7.3K 42
[COMPLETED] New school. New rules. New bullies. What better things do handsome, rich, egoistic boys have to do other than drive people insane? When...
5.2K 150 26
AUG. 2015~ MARCH 2016 WARNING: Super cliché and I made this when I was 15, don't judge. Meet Leah Hunter, straight A student, she's on the school's v...
452K 12.6K 46
❝It's time to let love overwhelm me.❞ Dark Brown hair, a cute face, and eyes that pierce through your heart. Ivan John Anderson had it all. Except lo...
182K 4.3K 69
Jo Carter, is a teenage girl that lives in New York, she's sarcastic, funny and not your typical girly-girl type but she's a bad bitch for sure. She...