circles; h.potter

By PaintedPotter

❝SHE BURNED BRIGHTER THAN YOUR FUTURE ❞ ✰ Liana Holly's life was a mystery, a puzzle and in some aspects, a d... More

✰CIRCLES✰
ACT ONE- ADRONITIS
chapter one- the Potter legacy
chapter two- a contagious smile
chapter three- tea leaves
chapter four- a disregard for rules
chapter five- chocolate cake
chapter seven- February 1984
chapter eight- paper packages
chapter nine- bubbles
chapter ten- broken noses
chapter eleven- little lion
chapter twelve- 'didn't even break his glasses!'
chapter thirteen- tears and chocolate frogs
chapter fourteen- christmas at hogwarts
chapter fifteen- Draco is sqaushed
16- Buckbeak's execution
17-The Dog, The Kids and The Werewolf
18- Hazel Eyes
19- Flash of Red Hair
20- The Missing Child
ACT TWO- HIRAETH
21- The London Public Library
22- Resigned to Hopelessness
23 - The Dynamic Duo
24- Cheese Sandwitches and Hidden Feelings
25-Alastor Moody
26- NOVEMBER 1987
27- SPEW
28- Vibrant Blue Flames
29- the Goblet of Fire
30- Painfully Intoxicated
31- The Hungarian Horntail
32- The Chocolate Frog Debate
33- Go get your girl
34- Yule Ball
35- Mince Pie Wrappers
36-The Black Lake Swimming Lessons
37- Body Bind Curse
38- Feeling Like Bliss
39- Wasting Away
ACT THREE| PART ONE- CHEROPHOBIA
40- Honeydukes
41 - Tonks and the Umbrella Stand
42-Wilted Flowers
43- Merlins Bloomers
44- Sirius Bends The Truth
45- Hot Chocolate
46- The Toad
47- The Rebel Takes Over
48- Detentions
49- Dragon Shit
50- Glasses of Vomit
51- Six Months of Detetion and A Quidditch Ban
52- Educational Decree No. 23
53- The Pieces of a Broken Heart
54-Muddy Knees
55- The Hufflepuff party
56- Night Terrors In the Maze
57- Sir Cadogan of Strong Heart and Steel
58- The Haunting of Liana Holly
59- Control Your Demons
60- The Halfbreed Visitor
ACT THREE| PART TWO- ABDITORY
61-Dark Secrets and Black Magic
62- Muggle Crosswords
63- Chronic Cases of Hiccups
64- Another Christmas
65- The Rose Balcony
66- A Ticking Time Bomb
67- Not Quite Back to Normal
68- The Truth of the Dream
69- Scarred Hands
70- Busted
71-Fred and George Leave with a Bang
72-A Stolen Wand
73- The Escape From The Dark Forest
75- Rescue Gone Wrong
76- Limbo
ACT FOUR| PART ONE- LIBEROSIS
77- Coffee and Euphoria
78- Stolen Spoon of Cornflakes
79- The Bracelet of Soujorn
80- An Emotional Professor McGonagall
81- Potions Prodigy
82- Sirius Orion Black
83- Unbreakable Vows With Snape
84- Midnight Strolls
85- Disastrous Dinner Date
86- A Broken Promise
87- True Love Chocolates
88- The Half Blood Prince
89-Ginger Snaps
90-Sectumsempra
91- Five things you can see
92- The Demons Awaken
ACT FOUR| PART TWO- METANOIA
93-Best Friend Necklace
94- A Secret Choice
95- Aberforth
96- Time Of Forgiveness
97- Arson
98- New Beginnings
99- Aragog's Funeral

chapter six- red and orange sparks

22.4K 937 1.1K
By PaintedPotter

╔═══════════════╗

LIANA sat in potions and for the first time in her life, she genuinely felt like she hated someone.

Severus Snape had taken approximately five minutes to harbor his dislike for Liana, despite the fact that her two older siblings had been his best pupils, though Snape had disregarded them too.

But Professor Snape truly seemed to hate Liana.

"What is his problem?" Asked Liana with annoyance as Snape brushed past her again, looking down his hooked nose at her.

Harry sighed "he hates everyone Liana, I wouldn't take it too personally" he pushed his glasses up his nose as he looked back down at his lime green coloured and very incorrect potion, wondering how on earth he was supposed to fix it.

"Oh but I'm taking it very personally," she grumbled and took careful time to flick a puffapod seed at the back of Snape's head. She didn't like the disrespect Snape was treating her with and she hadn't even caused any trouble yet.

Snape whirled around at once when he felt the small, sharp object come into contact with the back of his greasy head, but the second he looked around, Liana was innocently trying to help Neville with his potion and bickering loudly with Draco Malfoy who had just swaggered in.

"If you say one more foul word about Buckbeak you snake, I swear to Merlin I'm going to jinx you so hard you'll-" but she was cut off by Ron helpfully clapping a hand over her mouth.

"What was that Holly, I could barely hear you over the pure agony of my arm" smirked Malfoy at the red faced girl desperately battling Ron, who now had her in a headlock to stop her throwing herself at Malfoy.

"Liana please just act natural," Neville begged nervously under his breath as the shadow of Snape fell over them.

"Orange Longbottom?" Snape drawled as he spotted the potion that Neville had been praying he wouldn't notice.

Ron lowered his head and took to scowling at Malfoy as he was forced to cut up his ingredients for him, hissing under his breath for Malfoy to shut up about Hagrid and Sirius Black.

Meanwhile Harry's fist was clenched around his ladle so tightly Hermione had to squeal to stop him snapping it in two and submerging his hand in his potion.

"Tell me Longbottom, does anything penetrate that thick skull of yours-"

Snape tossed Neville's stirring spoon down on the desk roughly and Neville flushed scarlet and looked down at his feet in shame.

"Tell me boy, what do I have to do to make you understand?" He spat at Neville who wouldn't take his eyes off the ground.

Liana, who had been foolishly released from Ron's grip turned on Snape.

"Probably you shutting up Sir. It's nearly impossible to focus on anything with you nagging in my ear," she blurted, unable to keep her mouth shut, her blue eyes narrowed at him frostily.

"Holly, I think three weeks of detention ought to suit you well" Snape told her coldly, his eyes flickering dangerously. Something about Liana Holly was reminding the sullen Professor of days at school when he was a pupil. Days he wished to forget.

"It's as if you want to spend more time with me " Liana shot back at Snape as she casually stirred her potion before she sat back down in her seat.

Snape looked down at her potion to see if he could critique her on anything else but unfortunately it was the exact shade of lilac that it was meant to be.

He gritted his teeth and rounded on Harry.

"You Potter, help Malfoy chop his shrivel figs."

Harry muttered profanities under his breath as he left Liana's side to go chop violently at Malfoy's ingredients.

"Longbottom at the end of this lesson I shall feed two drops of this potion to your toad. If the potion has been brewed incorrectly the toad is likely to be poisoned. Perhaps that will teach you to listen properly," he sneered nastily before swishing off to snap at Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnegan, who had added some pepper imp powder to their potion by accident.

"Help Liana-" begged Neville's pleadingly under his breath at Liana who shot Neville a look of upmost sympathy.

"Don't look at me, Hermione fixed mine" she muttered quietly  "I don't know how to fix one that bad" she added as she eyed Neville's tangerine potion with suspicion, as if it were about to combust.

"I'll help you Neville, Liana help Harry- you can fix his surely," suggested Hermione, joining in the conversation as she expertly began to add things to Neville's potion, glancing up every now and then to ensure Snape wasn't near any of them.

"Oh Potter, and here I was thinking you were smart- " smiled Liana gently as she added a soft purple power to Harry's lime mixture. Harry, who had now returned from chopping shrivel figs looked down at her.

He was slightly shaken from the discussion he had just had with Malfoy over the topic of Sirius Black. What had Malfoy been talking about? Why would Harry want revenge on Sirius Black?

"For a while I thought that too, before I tried potions. It's not my best subject to be fair," Harry tried to smile but failed.

Liana laughed under her breath and dug him in the ribs slightly.

"Idiot. What's on your mind- you look like someone just killed your pet owl?" Liana added, catching the grimace on Harry's face as he thought deeply.

"I just had the strangest talk with Malfoy about Sirius Black, listen-" Harry began to whisper under his breath to Liana everything they he and Malfoy had talked about. Liana listened with a raised eyebrow and when Harry had finished talking she frowned.

"Why would you want revenge Harry? For all we know Sirius Black is just a unstable criminal?" Liana asked, finishing his potion for him.

Harry just shrugged, not certain of his answer any more.

HERMIONE Granger had been tussling with Liana in the Gryffindor common room for the last half an hour.

"You want me to do what?" Asked Liana again, horrified.

"Just think about it, you could be amazing!" Hermione encouraged as she pestered Liana.

Liana sighed and flopped onto the sofa next to Harry, eating a few crumbs of cake the trio had brought her back from another dinner she had missed that night for her first detention with Snape.

"I would be amazing but that's irrelevant-" Liana rolled her eyes playfully as Hermione threw a crumpled piece of parchment at her.

"-I just don't want to," finished Liana, batting the paper away expertly.

"What do you want Liana to do?" Harry asked as he threw his quill down in hopelessness, brushing his divination work aside.

"I think she should commentate for the Quidditch matches!" Hermione grinned proudly. Liana just groaned as she settled herself more comfortably into her corner of the sofa.

"Can you two give it a rest for a second I'm trying to finish this-" Ron grumbled as he paused for a second, the scratching of his quill on the parchment ceasing as he glanced up at the girls.

"Let's see" Liana leaned over Ron's shoulder to read his work.

"The forgetfulness potion can make the drinker forget-" Liana read aloud.

"WOW" she crowed happily "what a revelation!"

"Shut up" Ron snickered as he snatched his homework out from under her nose and shoved it into his bag.

"I'm off to bed, Liana- this isn't over yet" Hermione grinned as she picked up her heavy school bag that looked to be splitting under the strain of all her school books.

"Yeah, yeah," nodded Harry vaguely as he stared into the fire. Ron packed up his potions essay and quietly retreated up the stairs to the boys dorm after a while, leaving Harry and Liana alone in the common room.

The only sound now being the crackle of the flames in the grate. The orange and red sparks dancing in the soft ambiance of the common room late at night.

"What's wrong?" Liana asked for the second time that day as she turned to face a rather miserable looking Harry.

"Just thinking" he shrugged as he looked into her deep eyes.

"A rather dangerous sport if you ask me," teased Liana as she tried to lift the mood. Harry gently lifted a hand to tug on her red curls of hair. Watching closely how the scarlet strand slipped through his fingers before springing back into shape.

"Sirius Black is still out there"  Harry sighed as he looked back at the fire now, "and he's still after me, he's still Voldemort's deatheater"

"All true. But don't forget Harry, you're safe here- Sirius Black wouldn't dare come near the castle with Dumbledore here," Liana advised honestly, she fumbled with her hands in her lap, a strange feeling settling in her stomach.

" -Well goodnight Liana," Harry mumbled after a few minutes just listening to the silence. He brushed past Liana gently and climbed to his feet, wandering over to the staircase.

"Potter- "

Before Harry could comprehend what was happening Liana had given him a quick but warm hug, her arms tightly holding his shoulders, her head resting on his chest. Before she quickly released him and all he could hear was her jogging footsteps upstairs to her room for bed.

He felt a warm feeling spreading in his stomach.

Despite the thoughts running wild in his head, he smiled before turning and walking up to bed.

╚═══════════════╝

AN

Kinda a boring chapter whoops

Comment of the day : what is your Hogwarts house ? I'm Gryffindor !
Xoxo
Edited: 9/4/19
Re-edited: 8/8/19

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 5.1K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...
44.6K 1.4K 27
'𝐌𝐒𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐒π₯𝐲𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐧, 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 π†π«π²πŸπŸπ’π§ππ¨π«.' After the sorting hat had sorted Anna Rowly into Gryffindor, breaking th...
10.4K 201 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...
139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...