Let's leave Highschool behind...

By thevelvetrose

*Currently Editing* Sophie gets to have a new start in College which means leaving all her troubles of highsc... More

*Chapter one - Tears and Embarrassments
*Chapter two - Aw, I hate you too!
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (3)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (5)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (6)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (7)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (8)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (9)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (10)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (11)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (12)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (13)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (14)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (15)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (16)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (17)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (18)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (19)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (20)
Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (21)

Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (4)

15.6K 126 16
By thevelvetrose

Author's Note:

Late night upload! hehe.

Okay. in this chapter. you will find out if Sophie says yes. or if she tells him never.

I have no idea why I chose this song. >>>>

I just like it is all. lol.

Enjoy :)

.............................................................................................................................

Recap:

"Would you like to.. Go on a date?"

Well. Part of me was in shock. But the other part of me. Well. The Rachel part that was nagging at me earlier. Was screaming 'I told you so!'

I stared blankly at him.

"Um..." I mumbled.

"I know. It sounds freaky and gross to you. But. One date would not hurt" He went on.

"Um..."

"Call me when you finish that sentence" He said. Then got in his car and left..

..........................................................................................................................

"I still don't know" I told Rachel. After her asking for the tenth time what I was going to do.

"If you like to try new things Soph, you should TRY dating him"

She had me there. The curiosity was what was edging me towards saying yes. Curiosity as in, Why the sudden change? What kind of date? How would he act?

"Please. Just try" She begged.

She must not hate her cousin THAT much if she's trying to make me date him. I groaned. Dating the person who I've hated over half my life.

College is supposed to be about trying things new and starting over.

"Hand me your phone" I sighed.

She tossed it to me.

"Why not use yours?" She question.

"Do you really think I would have his number?"

She laughed.

Of course Aaron was first on her contacts. One thing good about having the name Aaron.

I pressed send and climbed onto my bed.

"Hello?" He answered. Sound rather tired.

I glanced at the clock. 1am. Oopsie.

"Hey. Its Sophie" I told him.

"Sophie? What's up?"

"One date. Public place. And if you are playing one big prank on me. Then I will consider going to jail for murder"

He didn't say anything. I wondered if he was reconsidering. Right before I was about to hang up.

He said something.

"I'll be at your dorm at 5pm tomorrow" He told me simply.

"See you then" I said nervously.

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

Rachel had been listening/staring at me the whole time. With this big goofy grin on her face.

"We're going out tomorrow night" I explained.

"I heard" She grinned.

It was 3pm. And I was making a hole in the ground from my pacing.

"Okay. What outfit says. 'I use to hate you, but now you've surprised me and I am now curious. And if this is all a joke I wont look bad. But still look tough'" I asked.

"Black skirt that goes to your knees, blue form fitting t-shirt, black leather knee length boots. Black leather purse. And towel dry your hair. It makes it wavy, natural. And looks like you didn't obsess over it" She answered without looking up from the television.

"Wow" I muttered.

"Oh. And those rhinestone stud earrings"

"Genius"

I was dressed and ready by 5pm. That's when there was a knock on the door.

"Wish me luck" I winked sarcastically. Because frankly I was nervous.

I opened the door and saw him standing there. Wearing a dark grey button down shirt with a black shirt underneath. He wore dark jeans and a smile.

"Ready?" He asked. Extending his hand.

I took it cautiously. Waiting for a zap from a hand buzzer, or people to come out with cameras.

We walked out of the dorm area and into the middle of the campus.

"Where are we going exactly?" I questioned.

"Just follow me"

"If you try to kill me. I will haunt you for the rest of your life" I warned.

He chuckled.

This is a new Aaron. Odd. Normally he is an obnoxious self loving jerk. But now. He seemed relaxed and pleasant.

I was waiting to see Aston Kutcher pop and say I've just been punk'd.

We went to a small restaurant only a five minute walk from campus.

We sat at a table by a window in the back.

"Why have you changed all the sudden? You HAVE to know why I'm not trusting you so easily" I said.

"I understand. After the last stunts pulled.."

"Then why? How long have you 'liked' me?" I used my fingers when I said liked.

"Junior year" He muttered. Then stared at his menu.

"What? You were a complete jerk to me then"

I refused to believe that he suddenly had feelings for me. He tortured me through my Junior year.

Always ruining my personal life.. Wait.

*Flashback*

Josiah. I had been dating him for three weeks. Which is a lot for me.

He came to pick me up for our date.

"Josiah is here Sophie!" Mom shouted.

I ran downstairs and saw Josiah in the living room. He was sitting on one of our couches, looking a little nervous.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Yeah"

We headed outside when all the sudden a truck drove by with guys in the back. In an instant we were hit by raw eggs.

"AH!" I screeched.

The date was ruined. I had to go back inside and take a shower. Josiah went home and I didn't hear from him for days.

The next day at school I marched over to locker 409. Aka the jackasses locker.

Yes. I knew who it was. The idiot had posted on his facebook "Aaron Fonda - had an eggcelent night tonight"

Moron. I waited for him to walk over to his locker. He had a smirk on his face I just wanted to slap off.

"Good morning Sophie" He greeted as he opened his locker.

"I know what you did last night. And I just want to say.. Watch. Yo. Back" I growled.

He chuckled. "You've got to be yolking around"

"Oh. Pretty boy can make puns" I waved my hands dramatically.

Then I stormed off.

*End of flashback*

I had just figured he was taking the revenge to a whole new level. That's why I'm a skeptic now.

He didn't look at me. Instead his eyes were focused on the ketchup bottle on the wood table.

The waitress came and took our order. Then she left leaving us in awkward silence.

"Remember whenever I made you think you were being stalked?" I asked randomly.

"When you sent photos of me checking my mail, swimming and walking? Oh yeah. I remember" He said sarcastically. Then his lips pulled up at the side as he started to remember.

"That. AND I had mailed you a package that had some of your stuff in there" I laughed.

"How did you get my underwear and poster of Megan Fox again?" He asked.

"Pf. I climbed up the side of your house and got in your room while you were at Libby's" I scoffed. Libby, his ex girlfriend. My old best friend.

I don't hate her or anything. We just drifted apart when they had started dating.

"What did I do to deserve a full week of being terrified that I was being stalked?" He asked.

"I think it had something to do with you slashing my tires"

"I didn't slash your tires" He told me. Looking confused.

"What? Then who did?" I was lost in thought. If Aaron didn't slash them. Then.. Who? Oh well. Its in the past.. Just like Aaron and my rivalry. In the past..

We ate and talked about things we had done to torture each other.

We were walking home and laughing about the worst things we have done to one another.

"Okay. So putting laxatives in my drink was a horrible classic" He chuckled.

"Yeah. You missed like three classes because you on in the bathroom!" I laughed so hard that my rubs hurt.

"Okay, okay. Enough about me. What about you? What would be one of the worst things I have done to you?"

"Hmm... one of them will have to be cutting the back of my pants out while I was in the shower at school"

"Oh yeah. You got detention for 'indecent exposure' and everyone laughed"

I punched him in the shoulder. Thankfully I'm not the girl to wear thongs. Or I would have been suspended.

"Remember when I paid people to tell you that straight guys put the earring in the right ear?" I asked.

He turned his head and showed me a little mark on his right ear. From an old piercing.

"I got hit on twice by two dudes" He growled. Then sighed.

"Natural enemies" I sighed.

We were at my dorm when it got quiet again. I looked up at him and he looked like he was waiting for something.

"Thanks for tonight.. It was.. Actually pretty fun" I said surprised.

"It was" He said simply.

"Maybe we can do it again sometime?"

"Tomorrow night?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Tomorrow night... goodnight"

He bent down and kissed my cheek in an oddly formal matter. Then he just left.

"Goodnight" He said over his shoulder.

I went in the dorm and saw a human shape lump on Rachel's bed. Jeez. What time was it? I glanced at my phone. 2:32am.

It didn't feel like that long honestly.

(The next morning)

I filled Rachel in on all of the details about last night's date. She really wants Aaron and I to be a couple. Which is very weird considering just a few weeks ago she said she hated him because he threw poop at her years ago.

"What kind of date?" She asked.

"No idea" I muttered. Staring at the small closet, debating myself on what color to wear.

"You can call him"

That WAS an idea. I stole his number from Rachel's phone and called him.

I know. Now I sound anxious and girly. I shouldn't trust him. But yet.. I had the most amazing time last night.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey Aaron. Its Sophie.. What are we doing tonight?" I asked.

"It's a surprise.. But wear something casual. Jeans casually" He sounded amused. Must be assuming I'm picking out an outfit.

"Okay. Thanks"

"See you at 5pm"

"Alright. Bye"

I hung up and went to the closet again. I grabbed my paint splattered skinny jeans, a black tank top and a purple hood jacket.

I put my hair up in a clip and then slid on some shoes.

5pm. I waited for him to knock on the door. Whoa. Do I have butterflies in my belly? I thought I was laying casually on my bed. Till Rachel sighed frustrated.

"Stop bouncing. Your so throwing off my concentration!" She hissed.

"Sorry" I mumbled.

Then I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed my black purse and then went to the door. I made sure that my smile went from a goofy grin, to a 'Oh, hi' smile.

He was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt.

"Ready?" He asked. He was grinning.

"Yeah.. Although I'm still using my 'If you try to kill me. I will haunt you for the rest of your life' speech" I warned.

"Ditto" He grinned.

He grabbed my hand and we started to run out of the dorm hall. He led me to his dorm building.

"Am I allowed in here?" I asked. Knowing the rules about having a female in the male dorm rooms.

"I'll sneak you in" He whispered. Trying to be sneaky.

We snuck past the first dorms to the stairs. When we got to his room. He closed the door behind us and then peaked in Troy's room.

"He's not here. I think he had football practice or something" He muttered.

"Your not expecting third base tonight. Are you?" I asked. I'm a very blunt person. My personality.

"Not unless you want to. I had a movie planned. But we can always change plans"

"No. I love movies. Pop in the movie. What movie is it?" I asked quickly.

"Wow. Saying movie three times in one sentence. Impressive" He smirked.

I plopped down on the couch and looked at the big flat screen television.

"Chinese food or pizza?" He asked.

"Chinese"

"I figured"

"Why would you say that"

"You love chopsticks"

I had to smile. One of my many things I love. I use chopstick or like every meal. thanksgiving, Christmas dinner.

He was on the phone, while I picked out a movie.

I had a difficult time picking out a movie.

Romance is too much for a second date. Action is that date like movie. Comedy might be good..

I picked out a romantic comedy adventure. Aaron picked up a remote and then the blinds magically closed.

"Whoa. Rachel and I have to both close ours. Its jammed or something" I said amazed.

He smirked.

The TV is definitely huge. Maybe a 64 inch or something. Then there is an end table beside me. When I looked down. I realized it was a mini fridge.

I opened it and grabbed a Pepsi.

"Chinese food is here" He told me. Then hopped up and opened the door.

I didn't take my eyes off of the screen. The delivery guy and Aaron sat all of the food on the coffee table.

The guy left and then Aaron sat next to me. In his hand was chopsticks.

"Plates?" I asked.

"Lets just eat out of the containers. Shall we?" He challenged.

I ate professionally out of the container. It was dumplings or something. I glanced at Aaron, who was having a difficult time with his. Then he sighed and just jabbed at his chicken instead of picking it up.

"Here. Try a dumpling" I picked one up and fed him.

He chewed it and his lips pulled up at the sides as he smiled.

"Okay. I have to say something" He muttered.

I froze. What? Was he going to say gotcha? Or that this all was just to get back at me.

"W-What is it?" I asked.

"This has to be the worst movie ever" He chuckled.

Relief washed over me. I started laughing so hard that I was choking.

He patted me on the back.

"Sorry. The dumpling went down wrong" I laughed.

We watched the ridiculously awful movie. It was one of those predictable movies with cheesy humor.

The movie ended. I was laying on the couch with my legs on his lap. The Chinese food containers were everywhere.

I must say, I ate a pretty good amount. Aaron had given up his chopsticks and got a fork.

I stood up and then stretched out.

"Well.. I better head back to my dorm. I had a pretty good time" I said.

"I had a pretty good time too. Let me walk you to your dorm"

"Okay"

I put on my jacket and shoes. Then we snuck out of the dorm building.

We got to my dorm building. He wasn't allowed in after 9pm.

I stood there awkwardly. Then he just bent down and kissed me. On the lips. Aaron Fonda, kissing me, Sophia Ross, on the lips.

But yet I really liked it. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sunk into his arms.

We both pulled away at the same time. I took a step back and smiled.

"Goodnight Aaron" I winked then headed into the building..

....................................................................................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
115K 6.8K 101
"Not in front of my tea." Guess which simp created a new book. Yes me, Manyee. DISCLAIMER: SOME QUOTES FROM PINTEREST, GOOGLE, REDDIT, ANY OTHER WEBS...
52.8M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...