The Doctor's Wife (A Sequel)...

By dgkitten

Highest ranking achieved in Romance: #25 GENRE: Romance, Erotica, Drama, Crime, Thriller BOOK DESCRIPTION: Co... More

ANNOUNCEMENT! (April 3, 2021)
Prequel: The Red Side of Dr. Greene
Chapter 1- Morning Delight
Chapter 2- A Lumpy Afternoon
Chapter 3- Hidden Agendas
Chapter 4- Exposed
Chapter 5- Trust Issues
Chapter 6- The Ripple Effect
Chapter 7- Under the Rain
Chapter 8- Graduation Jitters
Chapter 9- The Hot Photographer
Chapter 10- The Union
Chapter 11- Night Out
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter 12- Dessert
Chapter 13- Patron Tequila
Chapter 14- Bi-wildered
Chapter 15- Passion
Chapter 16- Hash Browns
Chapter 17- Chaotic Nights
Chapter 18- Clues and Evidence
Chapter 19- The Beautiful Suspect
Chapter 20- Black Orchid
Chapter 21- The Missing Cases
Chapter 22- Curtis' Girl
Chapter 23- Connecting the Dots
Chapter 24- Tormented
Chapter 25- One Enticing Night
Chapter 26- Basement of Secrets
Chapter 27- Guns and Surprises
Chapter 28- Aftermath
Chapter 29- The Rising Star
Chapter 30- Bromance Overload
Chapter 31- Cages of Doom
Chapter 32- Bloody Arms
Chapter 33- Homebound
Chapter 34- Serenity
Chapter 35- Flashes of Pain
Chapter 36- Sunset Fantasies
Chapter 37- Remnants of Yesterday
Chapter 39- Serendipity
Chapter 40- Blessing in Disguise
Chapter 41-Prenatal Visit
Chapter 42- Baby Madness
Chapter 43- The Real Talk
Chapter 44- Through the Lens
Chapter 45- Moonlight Chase
Chapter 46- Glorious
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 47- Daddy's Princess
Chapter 48- Baby Cravings
Chapter 49- The Doctor's Choice
Chapter 50- The Love of His Life
Epilogue - The End's Beginning

Chapter 38- The Raging Truth

45.9K 1.8K 251
By dgkitten

XANDER'S POV

It has been five days since that night when Emily and I finally had sex after that worst week in our lives, and I still can't get over it. I feel so stupid and ashamed of myself for doing that to her. I fucking took advantage of my girl when I am totally aware that she's not yet ready for it. She is still recovering from drug addiction for fuck's sake!

That perplexed and pained look on her face while I was inside her has been haunting me these days, and I can't even look into her eyes for more than ten seconds anymore.

I tried to stop myself from giving in to the temptation and just let her sleep that night, but I lost it the moment she turned around to face me. Her lips were just so inviting and that longing look in her eyes was killing my heart and my groin.

I can even tell that she fucking faked her orgasm and I was a jerk by disregarding her feelings and instead continued to plow her like a mad man just to fucking come and satisfy my craving.

I'm such a fucking horny male and it stresses me out. These past few days were such a mess, and the only good thing that happened was the news Greg Wayne had told me yesterday. After ten days of intensive searching, it was found out that Antonio de Luca was actually somewhere in Mexico right now and the local authorities are now on the roll to corner him. They are coordinating with the respective officials as well as the airport and airline crew to make sure that he won't be able to escape the country.

Greg Wayne has already sent two bodyguards and they have been securing our house for the last three days. One of them has been insisting on tailing me whenever I'm out of the house but I didn't allow him to.

I got myself busy with my photography studio, as I don't have plans on working in the hospital again. They have already dropped my suspension and have been calling me back to work but I am not ready yet. Also, they have already gotten a replacement for Dr. Frank Morrison from being the hospital administrator and speaking of that motherfucker, he is actually still in a coma right now.

But really, I don't feel like going back to work at least for now. I still have a lot of unfinished business. My arthroscopy is also scheduled after two weeks and Emily wants to come with me despite our strained relationship lately.

I just came from Jace's tattoo shop and I am now on my way home. We talked about the good news as well as about our upcoming interview the day after tomorrow at the local news channel studio in the city. The police are hailing us as heroes and every time I go outside, I have been receiving a lot of admiring glances from those people around. Paparazzi, if that's what you call them, are also snapping pictures randomly out of nowhere and it is bothering me. I honestly find it irritating, as I am more of a private person. I don't even have Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms, but our friends informed me last time that they have been seeing some Facebook pages about me. Jace has also his own share of fans as well.

So...are we celebrities now or something?

I won't be complaining if I were you. Being famous means more girls coming for you...you know.

Fuck you, you fucking subconscious of mine! I only want Emily and no one else!

Someone's getting crazy now...

Seriously speaking, ever since I met Emily over a year ago, I never looked at other women anymore literally and figuratively. I swear. My world has been revolving around her and only her, and I swear to my beloved mother's grave that she is the only woman that I would love and dedicate myself to for the rest of my life.

Mom, if you're listening to me right now, you're still my number one, okay? Emily comes second, but a close one. But I love you.

I didn't notice myself tearing up as I am driving my way home. The thoughts of Emily are just fucking my testosterones big time and it is making me feel like I'm on my fucking period if that's even biologically possible.

It's just that, her behavior lately is worrisome and is hurting me a lot. She has been indifferent to since that morning after we made love. Not totally indifferent, as she would still assist me with regards to my injured shoulder,  but she would stay silent most of the time, and won't even talk to me properly. But every time Curt, Amber, or Arianne visits, she would be so alive I can't help but shake my head in bewilderment. That drug has really messed her up and it is raging the hell out of me.

I brought her favorite meal from McDonald's and added two bucket meals of chicken for everyone because I heard Curtis and Amber are coming over tonight.

Upon arriving home, I had a little talk with our bodyguards who are having their coffee by the front porch. The front door opens and Rebecca's head pops in with an agitated face. She must have sensed my arrival.

"Xander, Emily has been vomiting since this morning, and has been complaining of pain in her breasts," She immediately informs me as she pulls me down to sit on one of the white, wooden front porch chairs.

"Where is she right now?"

"She's in her room. She seems fine now, but I can't help but think about a lot of things. Should we take her to the hospital now? Lance also told me that she has been frequent in the bathroom since yesterday. I asked her if she's on her period but she told me that she's not. I'm worried that she'll be bleeding again like what happened last year."

"Calm down, Rebecca. I'll go check on her. Just stay here and have some fresh air, okay?"

I check on Emily inside her bedroom and sigh in relief upon seeing her Indian-sitting on the bed with her laptop on her thigh and Meowly beside her. Yes, I picked the poor little feline up from my beach house the other day because we really missed her.

"Hey," I greet her with a smile. She just briefly lifts her head up to give me a small smile and then returns her eyes on her laptop.

"What are you doing?" I ask her as I approach the bed. I am about to take a peek on her laptop's screen but she immediately closes it. My jaw ticks at her unexpected move. Is she hiding something from me?

I am about to hug her but she immediately gets out of the bed to my disappointment.

"Ugh, I think this is the 69th time that I have peed today." she groans before staggering her way to the bathroom.

I ignore her indifference this time and just proceed to pet my cat's head, who is now taking an interest in Emily's burger on the bed.

"I brought your favorite meal from McDonald's, by the way!" I inform in a louder voice so she can hear it from inside the bathroom.

"Oh, really? But baby...I-I don't have the mood to eat right now." Goes her response echoing from inside there.

Why am I not surprised? She has been eating less lately but it doesn't show in her face and body. She looks bloated these days.

Damn, these withdrawal symptoms are ruining her body. It has been two weeks now and she is still experiencing them

My body freezes when my eyes stopped to the box of condoms resting on top of the bedside table.

Nausea, vomiting, increased urination, bloating, fatigue, intense mood swings...

Are these really withdrawal symptoms?

"I'll be back in five minutes!" I exclaim before sprinting out of her room and rushing outside toward my car.

After dashing towards the nearest pharmacy, I immediately bought two pregnancy test kits while my thoughts raced in the anticipation.

We had drunken sex straight out from the club last week, and that was the night before she was kidnapped. I am not totally sure if I had worn a condom at that time because we were both intoxicated, but I always make sure that I am wearing one.

A huge part of me is telling me that I didn't use one that night, but there are these flashes of memories of me wearing it.

But those symptoms clearly tells that she's pregnant. I am a fucking gynecologist and I am sure of it.

But I still have to check it.

She is back on her laptop again when I returned.

"Baby, listen to me." I start after composing myself. She raises both eyebrows at me as she again closes her laptop.

"What is it, Xander?"

Oopsie, she didn't call you "Baby"...

I didn't say a word. I gently grab her arm and pull her towards the bathroom.

"I want you to pee on this." It was more of a command than a request.

Blood seems to have drained from her face the moment I handed her the pregnancy test kit.

"B-But why? I am not pregnant, Alexander." Her forehead creased as she spats out at me.

I am getting impatient now. I want to check it right at this second because the anticipation is killing me.

After a few more persuasion, she finally takes the kit from my hand and goes inside the bathroom. By the look in her face, she seems so alarmed by the possibility, but I let it pass because the thought of me being a father soon is setting my heart ablaze.

Everything seems to be in slow motion the moment she comes out of the bathroom with the kit on her shaking hand.

I didn't waste any second. I snatch the kit out of her hand and takes a look at the result. My heartbeat is so loud I couldn't hear anything but that while staring at the two bands of lines that clearly screams positive.

"Baby, you're pregnant! Oh my God!" I tearily exclaim while picking her up to hug her.

"Shit, I'm going to be a father now!" I press my lips into hers while holding her face into my palms. I then kneel down in front of her and rest my hand on her still flat stomach as if the baby growing inside her can feel my excitement to meet him or her. Tears sting at the back of my eyes and before I could even find a way to stop them, they are now slipping down my cheeks in happiness. I can't contain it. This is so unexpected and unplanned, but I am damn overwhelmed and excited to grow a family with her.

As opposed to my reaction, Emily's face is as pale as an A4 bond paper.

Ouch. Looks like you're the only one happy about this, Man. My condolences.

She looks like she has seen Valak or some other scary ghosts or something, and that expression of hers is telling me that she isn't ready for this yet. It is telling me that she doesn't want this, and my shoulders drop as my happiness dies down all in a sudden.

I notice the muscles of her chin tremble like a small child that is about to cry, and in a blink of an eye, she drops onto the floor while tears burst forth like water from a full dam and go spilling down her cheeks.

Shit.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Even though my heart is ripping apart at her painful reaction, I immediately catch her into my arms and bring her to the bed.

Meowly's eyes are as huge as soccer balls as she perks on top of Emily's laptop while silently watching us. The cat seems to have understood what's going on when in reality is she doesn't give a fuck.

I let Emily cry on my shoulder as I wait for her to speak up. She is against this and is not ready for this, but I can't fucking imagine myself agreeing to abort the baby.

"You don't want it?" There goes my cracked voice. "You don't want to have a baby with me?"

"Baby! It's not like that!" She exclaims in between sobs, and her crying intensifies.

If it's not like that, then why the fuck is she reacting this way?

"Then what is it, Emily? Please tell me." I am almost begging.

"T-There's something you need to know..."

My world stops in a sudden and I literally freeze right there as if a venomous snake or some vampire shit has bitten my neck.

She then continues in an even more suspenseful tone.

"That guy...L-Logan."

My brain formulates no thoughts other than this fear and shock upon hearing that name.

Logan Miller aka Stefano de Luca...

"What is it?" I run a hand through my hair while gritting my teeth in suppressed anger.

She turns away from me to bawl into her hands, and I can't stand to see her crying anymore.

"Baby, what is it? What did he do?"I grab onto her shoulders and give her a little shake. Frustration is an understatement if you'll describe what I am feeling right now.

"I-I...He...Baby... X-Xander...Please." Every stutter of her is only fueling up this destructive bomb inside my head, and it is ready to burst any second from now.

"Goddamn it, Emily. Tell me! What the fuck did he do to you?!" I wasn't able to stop myself from shouting. I finally exploded, and it stunned her.

There's this agonizing silence between us right now as we just look into each other's eyes, gauging each other's feelings.

And then she finally spilled it.

"He raped me."

Phew! There you go, Man! You asked for it. Good luck!

Those three words have my sight darkened in a fraction of a second. I have never felt so much rage like this before. My hands form into a deadly fist as I think about killing that motherfucker at this very moment.

*****To be continued*****

A/N: Thanks for reading! I know I promised you guys that I will be publishing all the remaining chapters at the end of October, but I failed, and I am apologizing profusely to those who have been waiting! I did my best guys, but I'm just literally busy; stressful full-time work in the hospital, selling health and wellness products, managing a Facebook business page, recruiting people, (I am doing a part-time business and it is networking), teaching Math after work, and dealing with a long-distance relationship...It's just too much.

Trivia: I only wrote this last chapter today, and finished it after four hours. 

Anyway, what do you think of the latest four chapters? Did you like it? Sorry for the overflowing drama! 😅

Vomments ( Votes + Comments ) are greatly appreciated!
♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.7K 58
Cats In the Cradle Sequel Daniel and Emma have been married for nearly one year, and they couldn't be happier. Their marriage is perfect on paper: v...
1.6M 42K 48
Victoria Anderson is determined to finish college and make her parents proud. Finding love isn't on her list of priorities but she can't help the att...
2.8M 83.3K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
199K 8.1K 58
Alexia King:- The 21-year-old female protagonist and youngest daughter of the business tycoon, Xavier king, have faced the horrors of the world at th...