21 Days [A Hawkeye/ Clint Bar...

By WinchesterShepherd

"Clint Barton, you have twenty days, twenty-three hours, and fifty-nine minutes to live." Stubborn as usual a... More

Broken Glass
It's All Over
Operate
Drown
Break the Wings
Please Don't Operate Again
Can't You Hear My Cries?
Generation X
Expiration Date
Reprogrammed
Weapon of Mass Destruction
We Want War
Barnes Interrupted
Agent Barton is Our Enemy
Strike Team Delta: Fugitives/ Thank you!!!
Relapse
Trailer for the Sequel (27 Hours?)
Captured
Liars and Killers
DNA
Betrayed by the Avengers
The 21st Day
Psycho Nurse
The Darkest Hour
I Just Want to Go Home
Doctor's Disorder
"We Quit"
Not Her Clint Barton
Ruin My Life
The Trial
The End of the Program
A Spy's Goodbye/ Epilogue

No Time for Goodbyes

739 32 7
By WinchesterShepherd

Thank you so much to those who have voted, commented, or have supported this story! It means a lot!!

***** If you enjoy Clint/Natasha, Clint getting thrown off a moving train, Natasha being taken by HYDRA, or Avenger action, please check out my new story "Before the War," which takes place before The Avengers! *****

Do you guys wanna know who Barney is portrayed by? Well...

Jensen Ackles as Barney Barton

Okay, on with the chapter!

"Clint, run!" Natasha immediately screamed at the top of her lungs, hoping Clint was too far away to hear it.

Barney was definitely a strong agent. He gave a death glare to Tony before taking off after his brother, a loaded gun attached to his hip. 

"Our Agent Barton has been trained to handle rogue agents. He'll be dragging Clint's lifeless corpse back here by sundown," Red Nails spat, then eyed Tony, "You're stupid for sending that patriotic lab rat after out bounty! Barney will shoot him down in an instant."

Tony took a step toward her, which caused her to take one small step back. The heel of her boot clicked against the tile floor, a sound Clint Barton knew too well from his time at the facility. 

"You're afraid." Tony smirked. 

"I'm not the one who should be afraid." Red Nails glared, her hand reaching behind her back and grabbing the gun secured under her belt. 

21 Days

Run faster. Don't look down. 

Clint felt tears sting his eyes as he rushed down to the tower's garage. The pain in his abdomen was excruciating without the pain meds, and he was sure blood was seeping through the bandages. If he looked down, he would most likely trip over his own feet. 

He ducked behind one of Tony's expensive vehicles because he thought he had heard footsteps. After waiting for a few seconds, he recognized it as only the heavy sound of the blood pumping in his ears. As he peered over the hood, he spotted one of Natasha's Harley Davidson sportsters sitting a few yards in front of the car. 

It was small, fast...a perfect escape tool. 

The archer's eyes quickly darted over to the large garage door. The sound of it opening would draw so much unwanted attention, but he had to get out.

"Don't kill me, Nat..." Clint mumbled to himself after he slammed his hand down on the garage door opener and hurriedly got on her bike. He nervously swung his head around as he started the motor to see if anyone was in the garage with him,

No one. At least, not yet.

The door seemed to be taking forever to rise, and Clint could hear the blood pumping in his ears again. Once the opening was as tall as the bike, he raced for the exit, leaving black tire tracks after he took off. The archer ducked down as he slid through the opening, the door just grazing his grey cargo jacket. 

Traffic and police chasing after him were not on his list of worries. They had to let him off the hook once they heard his sob story and that his own brother was trying to kill him, right?

Clint flew through a red light, nearly colliding with a school bus on its afternoon route. The driver slammed his hand down on the horn as Clint made a sharp turn onto another street. School children crowed the bus windows to see the Avenger in action. In action for the wrong reason; they didn't know his brother was trying to kill him. 

No police sirens yet. Clint was surprised. 

Hawkeye happened to glance in the left side mirror to see a black Mustang turning onto the street he was on. The driver side window rolled down and a gun was aimed at Clint's back. 

Clint swerved as bullets started to fly around him. Barney wasn't a straight shooter like his brother. 

"Pull over and this won't be as painful!" Barney screamed as the car crept closer to the back tire of the bike. 

More shots were fired until the clip was empty. The gun immediately retreated inside the car to reload. Clint had 3 seconds to escape.

The parking garage on 7th Street. It was perfect; much easier for a bike to maneuver than a car.

Clint put his foot down on the pavement as he spun around and went in the opposite direction of the car. He heard Barney yell "shit!" before he heard the Mustang's tires squeal against the pavement. 

The younger Barton didn't look back to see what his brother was doing.

Once he reached the gate of the parking garage, he went through the small space beside the gate, receiving a loud "hey, get back here!" from security. 

He heard police sirens now. Were they after Barney?

Clint sped up, flinching as several cars came close to hitting him, but they would always miss. He could feel more blood seeping through his gunshot wound. "Damn it," he cursed under his breath as he glanced down for a second to see the blood starting to seep through his white shirt. 

He really should've stayed in bed...or let Lincoln do the operation. If he died during the operation, that wouldn't be as painful as getting shot multiple times.

"Open the gate! FBI!" Clint heard Barney scream at the security guard. Of course he'd use that play; Barney would never want to damage a car he liked.

Clint made a break for the stairway. People were surprised and pressed themselves up against the wall as the Avenger drove the bike up the stairs. It would take his brother forever to find him. 

Once he was on the fifth floor, Clint found a dark and tight area to hide the bike and himself. He took out his cracked iPhone and called Bruce, knowing he'd have to be down in the lab.

The phone ringed a few times. Each passing ring made Clint's heart beat faster and harder in fear. Bruce eventually answered the phone. "Hello?" the scientist spoke into the phone. 

"Bruce...it's me..."

"Barton?"

"I'm bleeding out and my brother is about to find me!"

There was a short pause. "Okay, calm down. The bleeding will slow down if you take some deep breaths."

"Where's Nat?" he asked shakily, changing the subject. 

"They can't leave where they are. I'm staying in the lab. Clint, if they release the Hulk..."

"He'll destroy the lab, I get it. Call Nat!"

"They're standing in the commons with...with that nurse from the facility." Bruce had brought up the security footage on one of the lab computers. Clint could hear the typing in the  background. 

"Red Nails. She's dangerous, Bruce...but Nat could take her. She's strong..." Clint's voice was shaking. 

"I just tracked your phone and contacted the police. They're on their way to your location to help you. Stay where you are!"

"I cant!" Clint heard Barney's voice and the sound of a car revving up its motor. He was on the same floor now. 

The archer dropped his phone into his interior jacket pocket and got back on the bike. He was exhausted and sore, but the fight was not over yet. 

As soon as Clint sped out on the bike, the grill of the car blocked his current direction.

"You know I'll always find you..." Barney smirked, ready to run over his brother.

The tracker! Did he still have one in him?  Now was not the time to think, now was the time to run.

Clint gripped the handle bars tightly as he made a sharp turn and the bike launched forward at top speed. 

A sharp pain ripped through his shoulder. A wave of sickness washed over him; weakness and dizziness followed. Barney's laugh echoed in the distance. He heard a car door shut and the safety of a gun click off. His brother was walking toward him, enjoying the scene.

The sportster started to tip over, and soon enough, it was spinning on its side and moving forward several yards before crashing into the wall.

Clint had tumbled a few yards before falling still, lying in a pool of his own blood. 

Vote if you enjoyed/almost cried because of the ending of this chapter.

This is not the ending though!

I plan on updating my stories once a week if my schedule allows it! It should as of right now!

No flames please! Sorry for any mistakes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 13.2K 134
Y/N was abducted as a young girl to be forced under Hydra's experiments. Years later you escape, but not after being permanently traumatized to the...
388K 12.6K 118
Steve Rogers has been pining over you for a full year since you joined the Avengers initiative. You are close friends with Clint, Nat, and Bruce. He...
87.5K 2.2K 57
THIS STORY HAS MOVED TO TUMBLR! Details given in the latest update. A story in which America's favorite Captain gives a new life and family to a five...
1K 32 34
After 62 long years of serving Hydra, the dangerous female assassin had finally escaped their unforgiving grasp. She was left with nothing. No name...