My Step-Brothers

By gracegxlee

Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Divorce Forms
Chapter 2: It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 3: Jonathon
Chapter 4: Jonathon Part2
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Memory
Chapter 7: Hospital
Chapter 8: Moving?
Chapter 9: Moving? AGAIN?
Chapter 10: Meet the New Family
READS UPDATE :)
Chapter 11: Snitches get Stitches
Chapter 12: Birthday
Chapter 13: Pain
Chapter 14: Small Fight
Chapter 15: Out To Eat
Chapter 16: Sick
Chapter 17: Swimming Accident
Chapter 18: A New Friend
Chapter 19: Into The Woods
Chapter 20: Coming Back Again
Chapter 21: Running Away
Chapter 22: School Starts Soon
Chapter 23: Back To School Shopping
Chapter 24: School
Chapter 25: After School
Chapter 25: Picture
Chapter 26: Ankle
Chapter 27: Different Sides
Chapter 28: Saved?
Chapter 29: Matthew
Chapter 30: Least Favorite
Chapter 31: Shopping Incident
Chapter 32: Stealing
Chapter 34: Instagram Account
Chapter 35: Dad Finds Out
Chapter 36: Dad finds out PT. 2
Chapter 37: Alex & Andrew PT1
Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2
Chapter 39: Split Family & News
Chapter 40: Claire and Her Brother
Chapter 41: Waking Up
Chapter 42: Wedding Day
Chapter 43: Wedding day Pt. 2
Chapter 44: Stuck in The Rain
Chapter 45: Re-introductions
Chapter 46: I like you.
Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds
Chapter 48: Where Everything Started Turning Around
Chapter 49: First Detention Ever
Chapter 50: Studying Hard
Chapter 51: Test & Christmas Special
Chapter 52: Christmas Special Part 2
Chapter 53: Invisible
Chapter 54: Trust & Betrayal
Chapter 55: Goodbye, friends
Chapter 56: Falling Apart
Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too
Chapter 58: My Brothers' Gift
Chapter 59: Happier
Chapter 60: Visit To The Hospital
Chapter 61: Matthew's Back & Accidents
Chapter 62: Blaming and Trust
Chapter 63: I Hate My Life
Chapter 64: Suicide
Chapter 65: The Notes
Chapter 66: The Accident
Chapter 67: Staying In The Hospital
Chapter 68: Flashbacks
Ending
Note
Sequel!

Chapter 33: Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep

57.9K 1.7K 650
By gracegxlee

E V A N N A

When Ethan found out about me trying to steal, he was furious.

"You were trying to steal?" Ethan yelled in my face, making me shrink in fear. "Are you stupid?"

  Apparently, one of Ethan's friends were watching me steal from the window. I was curious, though. Why did Ethan even care about me trying to steal?

"If someone finds out that you tried to steal, and they also found out you're our step sister, do you know how badly it's going to make the rest of us look?"

There was the answer.

"E-Ethan..." I muttered, "I'm sorry. Can I please go?"

He smirked. "Why? You don't want to miss out on the fun, do you?."

He grabbed my hair and I yelped in pain. He dragged me down the stairs and through the basement. Ethan shoved me into one of the rooms and slammed the door shut. Panic rose in me as I tried to find the light switch. When I felt a switch under my hands, I flickered iron and off but the lights didn't come on—it was broken.

Now I was stuck in complete darkness, in a small room with nothing. This room was empty. I felt tears well in my eyes as I tried to calm myself down. How long will he keep me here? When will I be able to go out? Why is he doing this to me?

I fumbled with the doorknob, trying to get it open.

Don't try. It's locked, you idiot.

I sighed. I was alone with my thought. That was probably the most dangerous thing that could ever happen to me.

You're a thief.

You're mother would be so disappointed in you.

No, ashamed. Ashamed that she has a daughter like you.

You deserve to rot and die.

You're honestly worthless.

Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die.

I burst out crying. I wanted to disappear forever. I don't want to live. Why am I even alive? I want to die.

It became colder, and I don't know if I was going crazy, but the pitch black room got darker. I was shivering, my arms wrapped around me for warmth. Now I was sitting here, emotionless. It felt like termite. I felt like I was going to lose my mind.

Dad isn't coming home until tomorrow evening. How long will they keep me here? Why won't anyone help me?

Before I knew it, exhaustion filled me, and I fell asleep.

***

I heard a loud kick to the door, waking me up with a yelp. I looked around. Still darkness. I heard the doorknob jiggle. When it opened, Brandon was standing there. As soon as the light hit my eyes, I cringed, covering them with my hands.

"You have to go to school," Brandon said, rolling his eyes. "Hurry the fuck up."

My head was pounding and I felt dizzy. I felt sick—no, worse than that. Brandon got impatient and dragged me out by my wrist. "B-Brandon..."

I felt a hard blow to my right jaw. I tasted blood. "I told you to hurry up."

"I'm sorry."

I rushed to my room. I quickly got ready, and went back down.  Why did Brandon even cared if I was late or not? It's not like he's going to drive me or something.

Jayden walked past me, shoving me with his shoulder. I followed behind me, hating that we had to walk to school together.

"Can you stop?" Jayden growled.

"I didn't do anything..."

He turned around so quickly I bumped into his chest. I heard Jayden scoff as he shoved me off. "Bitch."

I walked the rest of the way to school, Jayden muttering comments about me the whole way. How I was too ugly. How I was too stupid for the world. The whole time, I was still feeling unwell. Before we reached the school, Jayden went ahead.

"Evanna!" Summer yelled, running up to me.

"Hi."

She grinned and hugged me. I flinched. I silently hoped she didn't notice. I smiled back, ignoring the panic that was rising in me. We walked into school together, seeing Natalie coming towards us.

"I'm sorry!" She whined, "I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine."

Natalie looked really upset. I wished they would understand that none of it was their fault.

I said goodbye and walked to History. Before I could enter the class, I felt someone grab my arm and drag me away. I looked and it was Jayden. I'm screwed.

"Jayden! Wait! Please, school didn't even start!" I begged, cowering as he slammed me into the lockers.

"Got your little friends back, huh?" Jayden sneered. "Listen, bitch. Who told you you could have friends? Remember when I said I'm going to make your life miserable? I don't plan on breaking that promise. You are not allowed to have friends."

"D-don't you think you're going too far?"

He kneed my stomach, making me drop onto the floor in pain. "I thought I told you not to talk back."

"If you stay with your friends, I'm going to hurt them too. Because I know that's going to hurt you the most. Making others suffer because of you. If you don't want to see that, leave Summer and Natalie."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There was no way I would...

He scoffed as he read my mind. "Fine. If you're not going to do it, I'll just have to make all of you suffer. By the way, remember that this is all your fucking fault."

It's your fault your friends are going to get hurt.

Maybe he was right. I'm just going to hurt everyone around me.

"Can I go?" I asked, my voice failing me at the end with a tinge of fear.

"Already? But the fun just began," Jayden said, as Blake and Owen walked in. Behind them were 2 more boys, Liam, and Max.

Jayden stepped away from me, a sly grin plastered on his face. Fear overwhelmed me. I was surrounded by 5 boys, who would do anything to be able to hurt me.

Owen stepped up, grabbing my shirt in his fists. He smiled. "I've not been in the best mood these days." His smile faded. "Today isn't your lucky day."

His fists were as quick as lighting. I didn't see it coming. I was on the floor, clutching my jaw. Someone lifted me up by my hair. They threw me back down, and started kicking me. As more kicks and punches came, I wondered, how much longer until I end up in the hospital.

The bell rang, saving me from this mess. The boys scurried back to their classes. My whole body was aching. I went to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. Tears came to my eyes.

You really are pathetic.

Weak.

You can't even stand up for yourself.

What if I do stand up to them? They won't stop. It's going to make it worse. It actually will. I live with Jayden. He can torment me outside of school. He won't stop until I'm dead. I could see it in his eyes. How much anger he has against me. How much hatred he has.

Not only that, what about his brothers? They won't stop either. They'll hurt me just as badly. I can't stand up to them. I'll just be thrown back down.

I was crying into the sink, my whimpers filling up the empty bathroom.

I hated myself. "Why."

I hated everything. "Am."

I hated life. "I."

I wanted to die. "So."

I slammed my fist onto the sink. "Weak?!"

"I hate myself, so much!" I screamed.

"Why can't I just die? Why is my life so messed up?" I yelled, trembling.

My hand was aching, but I ignored it. Besides, the pain was nothing compared to what was going on inside me.

"I want to die! I-I want to-" I broke down into more tears. I dropped to my knees, not caring how dirty the floor was. I didn't care about anything at that moment.

I felt a pair of arms going around me, gently pulling me into their chest. "Shh, it's going to be okay," Matthew soothed, lightly putting his hand on my arm.

"Don't cry," he said, "Its going to be alright."

I couldn't stop. It was something that has always happened to me. Something little happens, and I break down. When I do, it's not about that anymore. It's all the past things I've held inside of me for too long, and I finally had enough and my walls broke.

But his voice calmed me down. My breathing became normal, and I wiped my tears away. I looked at Matthew. He had a bad bruise on his left eye, and his split lip had dried blood. His left cheek was cut, and I could see his hand bandaged.

My trembling hand reached out to his. "I'm sorry."

I saw it with my own eyes. This was the moment where I actually realized that I was actually hurting everyone around me.

"No, don't be sorry. Please don't."

"This is all my fault..." I mumbled, my lips quivering.

I got up and ran out of the bathroom. I felt bad for leaving him, but I couldn't do this anymore. Whoever I am with always gets hurt! It's always because of me. I'm just ruining everyone's life. It'd be better to live as quietly as a dead mouse.

I ran outside of the school through a side door, and I was hit by the cold breeze that stung my eyes. I slid to the floor. I wrapped my arms around my legs as I leaned against the wall. I needed to apologize to him for running away so abruptly. I hope he wasn't mad.

I made a decision. I was going to shut people out, so I won't be able to hurt them anymore. I was going to isolate myself so that I wouldn't be a problem. That's what I am alive for. For nothing. Just do be by myself and watch everyone be better without me.

I had nothing else to do, so I sat there, and felt myself get dizzy. My vision became blurry, and my head hit the floor.

***

"I think she's awake," I heard voices murmur.

"She will be okay soon. Thank you, Matthew." Another voice said.

My eyes fluttered open, and I realized I was in the nurses office. Nurse Katlyn stood over me, a warm smile on her face. Matthew stood on the other side, his face full of concern. Behind him were Summer and Natalie, who looked as equally as concerned.

I wanted them to leave. I'll just hurt them.

"You were lucky Matthew found you before you got worse. He ran all the way here while carrying you." Nurse Katlyn chuckled.

"T-thank you," I mumbled, not looking at Matthew directly.

As soon as the nurse said I was okay to go, Summer, Natalie, and Matthew trailed behind me as I left.

"What happened?" Summer asked.

"Are you okay?" Natalie added.

"I'm fine," I told them. "You should go back to class."

Natalie frowned. "Are you sure?"

No, I wanted them to stay. It showed they cared. But, I was being selfish.

"Yeah." I forced a small smile. "I'm fine."

Natalie sighed, "I'll see you at lunch."

Summer followed her, giving me one last glance.

And they left, just like that. I shouldn't be saying anything. I was the one who told them to go. But I still felt upset. For no reason.

Matthew sat down on the bench that was against the hallway. "Evanna..."

"I'm sorry."

He looked up. "Don't be."

"Matthew, I'm sorry, but I think I'm done with hurting all of my friends."

"You're not hurting me," he argued.

"Look at you! Your face... your hand... it's all my fault!" I fired back.

"Evanna, please. I'm fine. It's not your fault."

"Yes. Yes, it is."

He's not your friend.

No... don't believe that.

He's not your friend. He's Pretending. He doesn't actually care. He thinks it's your fault. He's mad at you. He doesn't want to be your friend.

Think about it. Think about everyone who said they were your friend. What happened?

"Evanna. I'm your friend. I won't ever stop being your friend. I won't ever leave you. That's a promise," Matthew said, standing up.

I thought about Mom. And my Dad. And Claire. And everyone who said the same thing.

"The last time someone said that," I told him, "they all left me."

"Why won't you trust me?" He asked.

"Because if I do, the betrayal will only hurt more."

***

Hey guys!! Thank you for reading this chapter! I know this has been the longest days I have not uploaded, but here's a long chapter because you guys deserve it! You guys are literally amazing!

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote
Comment
Share
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.2K 48
The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died giving birth to her. Being neglected and...
1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
1M 33.2K 73
Here's a bombshell for you: I have eight brothers. Eight extremely attractive, smart, mischievous, crazy overprotective brothers. Well, step brothers...
10.5K 518 25
(For some problems I couldn't put the whole description here so please kindly check the first chapter as I am gonna upload the description as a chapt...