Empire // h.s. au

By thegirlalmightyxxx

Samantha Anderson's life was finally coming together. She had gotten into her dream school, NYU, received an... More

Soundtrack
Tomlinson Designs
Incompetent Employees
Bullshit Charities
Creepy Men
Prince Charming?
Being Friends
Personality Dissection
Professional Relationship
Changing Overnight
Boosting Business
Confused Mind
You're Joking
Stepping Out
Overwhelming Feelings
Personally Impersonal
Waking Up
Trust Agreement
Dinner Parties
Spilling Wine
Ten Minutes
SUPER IMPORTANT
Civil Conversation
Fashion Week
Another Employee
Choosing Paths
Family Ties
Merger Deals
Sushi Shortcomings
Confusing Tears
Long Fights
Truths Revealed
Please Read
Morning Moods
Paris Wonderings
Bittersweet Endings
Inevitable Words
Catching Glances
Drunken Goodbye
Nonviable Option
Binge Bickering
Holding Hands
Questioning Investments
Irrational Behaviors
Friendly Encounters
Needed Friends
Motherly Hugs
Gold Envelopes
Angry Love
Comforting People
Good Terms
London Tellings
Saying Goodbye
Rainy Days
Author's Note
Epilogue
Please Read

Arrogant Jerks

171K 4.7K 2.3K
By thegirlalmightyxxx

Samantha Anderson

"So, a little golf on Friday?" Louis asked Mr. Styles, as they wrapped up their all important business meeting that consisted of very few details actually being shared. Samantha was beginning to understand that business rarely actually occurred during meetings. 

"Yes, I had Alexandria fit it into my schedule," Mr. Styles said, lacing his fingers and smirking at his best friend. 

Tragically, Harry Styles was seriously attractive. Everything about him radiated power and success. From his custom suit, to the Cartier rings he wore on his fingers, to his Rolex watch. He was completely and totally mesmerizing. He had an air about him that was both mysterious and dangerously expensive. On top of the insanely affluent persona he claimed, there were also his charmingly good looks. The hard, green eyes that intensely glared into you, like he was looking straight into your soul and knew every single secret you had ever held. The only boyish part to him was his soft, bouncy curls. Still, though, his curls were styled to perfection. 

But, the most attractive part to him? His lips. They were simply enchanting. His lips were plump and pink. The first thing I noticed was that he was always doing something with his lips. Biting them, licking them, even pinching them between his thumb and forefinger. As mesmerizing as everything else about him, his lips could keep Samantha distracted for days.  

Everything about Harry Styles' outside was perfect. 

However, I quickly learned that there was an arrogant dick behind his Greek god-like looks. 

The second he began to speak to me, it was condescending and arrogant. I did not come into this job expecting respect and being treated like an equal; however, I surely did not expect to be talked down to like I was some rodent or idiot.

The nerve of this man. 

The nerve of this very, very rich and ridiculously attractive man. 

"Ah, how is Ms. Turner doing?" Louis smirked. He seemed to be the only person Harry didn't hate. 

"Just fantastic," Harry chuckled, a reminiscent smile on his face. His phone buzzed on the table, he took a look at it. "Fuck, I need to get going." 

"Duty calls," Louis agreed, standing up,"I'll see you on Friday, mate," they shook hands, before hugging. In the most manly way, of course. 

"Well, I'll see you on Friday, Lou. And, Ms. Andrews was it? It was...lovely to meet you," Harry shot me a smirk. It wasn't even worth correcting him, because he definitely knew what my name was. He just seemed to get a kick out of "forgetting" it. 

"You as well, Mr. Stevens," I replied, a fake smile on my face, and the words just tumbling out. I regretted the worlds almost immediately, but quickly swallowed the regret. Just cause he was my boss did not mean he could treat me like dirt. Two can play at that game. His smirk faltered, but then soon broadened. 

"You know, Louis, I really don't think you should hire employees who can't even get my name right," Harry said, turning to Louis. Louis simply rolled his eyes, and opened the door for the arrogant ass. 

"Goodbye, Harry," Louis sighed, waving his hand in front of the door. Finally, after what seemed like ages, Harry Styles left, with only his Armani cologne and pulled out chair to show he was even there, "Samantha, I'm sorry about him. He, uh, has a habit of being...how do I put this...a right dick. However, his heart is usually in the right place." 

I couldn't help but laugh in response, "Well, I know how to deal with that kind, no worries. I'm not one to take much, pardon my French, bullshit." 

"Well, that would explain why you handled yourself so well. Most interns would have cowered and let him walk all over them. It's...refreshing," Louis said, slightly smiling and nodding his head. "Anyways, I did connect my calendar with yours and I'm hoping you saw the events we have coming up. I would love if you could attend a charity gala on Friday with me. Normally, that would be my girlfriend or assistant's job, but both are obviously predisposed. Are you okay with that? It should be a great networking opportunity." 

 "Sounds great, Louis!" I exclaimed, thoughts of beautiful gowns and dresses going through my head. "That would actually be incredible. Thank you so much, truly!" 

"No problem, Samantha. Anyways, I think I'll let you off for the rest of the day, we do not have much else to do around here and I'd personally love to run out early. But, be here bright and early tomorrow morning, I don't want you thinking I'm too soft," Louis told me. We began to walk towards our offices, the same sights that awed me before leaving me with the same effect. 

"Is there anything I need to do tonight, at home?" I asked when we reached my office door. "I'm not above homework!" 

"No, but I am going to ask you to bring my morning coffee order: a venti black coffee with 1 and a half packets of sugar and a blueberry muffin," Louis told me as I wrote the order down silently. I nodded my head in agreement and we said our goodbyes. 

 "Alright, thank you so much Louis, seriously, this opportunity is absolutely amazing!" I grinned, tucking a stray piece of blonde hair behind my ear. 

"It's my pleasure, Samantha," Louis responded, a smile across his face, "See you tomorrow, enjoy your evening." 

~

"He's a conceited jerk who is completely and utterly inconsiderate to all other human beings!" I complained to Luke, as I changed into my favorite sweater from high school. I pulled on leggings, jumping around until they were where I wanted them. "Like, what kind of person just forgets your name. I mean, sure I did it, but it was after he did it first. God, could he be more immature."

I continued to ramble while Luke stood. He was acting as interested as possible, but I knew I was being incredibly annoying. 

"What did you say his name was again?" Luke asked, leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed and him appearing  so ruggedly handsome. I admired him, how did I get so lucky? Luke was so kind and soft, with beautiful caramel hair and tan skin. His smile was kind and genuine and he felt like home. However, thoughts of the evil bastard reappeared in my mind as soon as he asked the question leading me back into anger.

"Harry Styles," I snarled out, the name tasting like acid. I pulled my hair into a bun on top of my head and swiped chapstick across my lips. 

"Well, I'm sure he will soon realize what the rest of us already know," Luke smiled, coming up behind me and pulling me to his chest, "and that being that you are amazing, beautiful, and so utterly talented that you deserve this job over every single other person that applied." I blushed and turned to him. 

"You're the best," I smiled, putting my hand on his chest and kissing his lips lightly.

"I've been told," he smirked, knotting his hands in the back of my sweater. I breathed in his Calvin Klein cologne. It was the one thing he insisted on splurging for. Not that I minded as I loved the scent. He looked at me and pressed his nose against mine. "So, to celebrate your first day, do you want to order in your favorite Chinese food?" 

"Yes, please," I grinned, pecking his lips one more time before pulling myself from him, "but honestly, he was just so damn rude!"

"Babe, seriously, just don't think about him right now. Maybe he was in a bad mood today or something, don't worry about it. It was only your first day!" Luke said, as I walked out of the room. 

"You're right, I know. Let's just eat Chinese food and watch Netflix and cuddle," I sighed, entering the living room of our small apartment. 

Personally, I loved our apartment, we'd gotten it just under a year ago and I'd practically fallen in love with it. It was small and cheap, well New York cheap, and utterly perfect. The concept was considerably open so when you first walked in you were greeted with our kitchen, then there was the living room to your right. When you kept walking our bedroom sat next to the bathroom and that was pretty much the extent of the entire place. It was a classic New York apartment and I adored it.

Sure it was pretty small, but it was perfect for us. 

"Okay, I'll order. Kung pao chicken, right?" he asked, pulling out his phone and taking a seat next to me on the couch. 

"Sounds perfect, darling," I grinned, kissing his cheek. I gazed at him for a moment, milking in his face and silently smiling to myself. 

How did I ever get so lucky? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 5.8K 32
This is not the same story that starts with a girl who's been abused or been in an orphanage for her entire life. No,this is the story of how a girl...
528 3 61
4.8K 187 26
11.2K 340 49
People always leave. She always believed that everything good in her life will leave. Happiness wasn't something she was used to seeing after everyon...