Holding Hands

Harry Styles

Business dinners were quite possibly my least favorite thing in the world. I mean, obviously I enjoyed the idea of new money and spending new money. But the room was full of horny old men and their middle-aged wives, who they would dump in a moment to hook up with one of the waitresses that walked around handing out drinks. 

It shocked me that these men were so ridiculous and disgusting, even degrading towards these women. I was no saint, but I wasn't a perv and I never attempted to make women uncomfortable. These guys were well known business men, but they had no shame when it came to harassing these women. 

So, I stood in the corner sulking and drinking whiskey. The dinner was at some overpriced hotel where they served semi-good food with horrible portions. 

My stomach ached for me to go home and get a well cooked meal of pasta or something else delicious that I could make. 

But alas, I needed business partners.  

I took another sip of my drink, not even feeling the sting any longer. It took a lot for me to wince when drinking alcohol. Nothing was really that strong at this point.

"You seem to be enjoying that drink more than people, green eyes," one of the girls that were fluttering around said to me. She had a typical pretty girl look. Long brown hair, big eyes. 

"Well, I do," I responded, draining the rest. 

"Straight whiskey? Seems a little strong," she said, putting her hands on her voluptuous hips. She was clad in a tight, low-cut cocktail dress that left very little to the imagination. I wasn't interested, though. I wasn't in my hook-up stage any longer and this girl wasn't really worth my concern. 

"I need it to get me through this dinner," I told her, preparing to squeeze around her. "Nice talking to you, Ms."

"You're ditching me, aren't you," she said, raising her eyebrows. "I get it, you're not interested."

"You seem lovely," I told her. "I'm just not interested in anything at this moment."

She sighed, "Your loss, hon."

With that, she sashayed away, her hips moving back and forth. A year ago I would have jumped at an opportunity to fuck her, but I couldn't. Not when I have Samantha in my life. Even if it would never work out. Nothing was compared to her. 

Not even this incredibly hot woman. 

I left my spot and began to walk around the room. I greeted fellow business men, schmoozing and laughing at their horrible jokes.

"Harry, your business is going perfectly from what I've been reading, how do you do it, son?"

"Good investments, Joe," I responded, nodding my head. "The stocks have been on a rise which has been a help. Pockets are getting deeper." 

"I couldn't agree more. Did you hear about Payne's place? Apparently he's really been struggling, you're invested, right?"

I tried to keep my calm, I hadn't heard any of this. Liam and I needed to talk. Now. "Indeed, Payne's on it though, I'm not too concerned, he's a good businessman."

"That he is, but there's rumors of fraud. We all know how well that works out," he chuckled. I gritted my teeth, anger seeping everywhere. 

"How's Cross Centuries doing? Heard their stock fell through," I said, attempting to change the subject. I had no interest in talking about my business, especially if I wasn't aware of this.

I was going to kill Liam.

~

As I left the party, my phone was to my ear. I was trying to call Liam but he wouldn't pick up.