Boosting Business

Author's Note: I'M THE WORST EVER. I'm so sorry I haven't posted and it sorta makes me an awful human being?? Ugh. Okay, so I am writing again I've just really been struggling right now in my personal life and It's just been really rough. So just bear with me. I'm finally getting things together and I really needed to write, so if this chapter seems weird...it's because I've been weird. Love you all and thank you so much for staying with me and supporting me. 

Harry Styles 

New York City was slowly (and steadily) becoming my empire. I owned nearly 25% of it, more than anyone has in an absurd amount of time. 

And everyone seemed to remind me of this fact at any chance they got. My money was slowly becoming the reason the economy was bouncing back. I was making a change in the city, whether they wanted me to or not. Change was good, especially when things were as bad as they are. 

The Payne Investment was just another factor that would boost my overall popularity in the city and, eventually, make me my next billion. 

Liam Payne was a British lawyer-turned-businessman. After his parents died his first year out of law school, he decided to take over the family business. The business, which was a popular hotel company that started in England, was branching out to other countries, including India, China, and Japan. Liam ended up moving a hotel into New York City, where he was opened up to the world of business in NYC. My investment in his company would not only help me, but him. I could help him build hotels all over America. Chicago, Los Angeles, and, hopefully, Las Vegas. He's considering even becoming involved in the casino business. 

But he wanted a lot more than his company was worth. Sure, it was up and coming. But I needed to protect my investment. 

So, that's why I was currently sitting in my office with an angry and tired British man, who was not myself, yelling and hollering about an obnoxious amount of money. 

"You're a bastard if you think my company, which is my entire life, is only worth that, Styles," he shook his head, his once kind face turning red. 

"Liam," I began, using my calm, but stern, voice. "Mate, there's a lot more to the deal than just the money. There's my expertise in business that will be given to you free of charge and think of how much of a profit your company will have if you join in with Styles' Investments. Mate, you'll be looking at and increase of millions."

"Well, Harry," Liam said, still weary. "I want billions." 

"Which you will have, all in good time, of course," I easily answered, leaning against my desk and folding my hands behind my back. I needed this deal. Now. "What can I do to convince you?" 

"I need promises, Harry. I need to know for sure this is gonna make me a profit. I need to know your investment is going to work out, because I don't want to end up owing you more than I can afford." 

"I'd never do anything unreachable, Liam. I'm not a backstabbing, well, bastard when it comes to business, I'm here because I believe in this company and I want to see it succeed, not only for myself, but for you," I said, the kiss-assing words just flowing out. Sweet talking was my specialty. Especially on businessmen. 

"You...you've got a deal." 

I felt my chest rise and my face form a smile. I was getting what I wanted.

~

I stepped into my loft exhausted and alone. And for some reason, I wasn't completely content with these feelings. Normally, I felt good when I was alone and tired. But I felt a small urge in my chest like I needed someone else. Like I needed someone to welcome me home. It was a strange, unfamiliar feeling. And I didn't like it. 

Normally, the silence was pleasant and welcomed. But now, it just felt lonely. Something I wasn't used to. Just two days ago being by myself was my preference but here I was, being a completely different person.

Maybe I could call Louis? He'd come over, maybe even watch a football game with me, but would he fill the gap? 

No he wouldn't. This gap called for a woman. Someone warm, comforting and, excuse my French, sexually attractive. I needed sex to fill this gap. 

Sex cured everything, right? I mean, it was definitely the reason I wasn't an unhappy bastard all the time. 

I debated calling Alexandria. She'd be good in bed, plus she'd for sure come over. But I couldn't. I couldn't ruin the amazing work relationship we had. I trusted her. With my life. 

My thoughts roamed to Samantha. Her body with the slight curves that she possessed. The way she bit her lip whenever she wrote anything. The way her hips moved when she walked. How perfect her blonde hair fell when she leaned over and how perfect her breasts looked when she had her hands on her hips. She was beautiful. 

But, once again, a work relationship was forming. Plus, she was a raging bitch at moments and pissed me off more often than not. And she was annoying and obnoxious and too loud at moments. Then there was her constant need to be right. 

She was awful and beautiful at the same time and it was extremely frustrating. 

I could, however, put my finger on what I disliked most about Samantha.

And that was my developing, confusing feelings for her.