The Next Generation: A Percy...

By CarandSar

Years after the Giant War and the Battle of Apophis another evil is stirring; could this finally be what ends... More

My Birthday Party Gone Wrong: Eva POV
Sadie Gets Soaked: Eva POV
Pizza Anyone?: Eva POV
My Very Own Storm: Eva POV
I Try to Get Killed: Sarah POV
I Meet A Giant Brat: Sarah POV
A Nice Cheerful Chat: Sarah POV
Kicking Ass and Taking Names: Sarah POV
PART II
Six Years Later... And Another Birthday Ruined: Eva POV
My Week with the Haters: Eva POV
And My List Keeps Getting Longer: Sarah POV
Well You Don't See That Everyday: Sarah POV
Capture The Flag With an Egyptian Twist: Eva POV
Cheese Wars and Nightmares: Sarah POV
My Horrible Morning Becomes Relatively Better: Eva POV
The Portal of Fricken Death: Sarah POV
Horrible Dreams Twenty Questions and Shopping: Eva POV
I Should Probably Be In Prison: Sarah POV
Oh Gods Do I Hate Sand!: Eva POV
The Movie Night Of Epic Porportions: Sarah POV
The Party Of Certain Death: Sarah POV
The Best Late Birthday Present Ever: Eva's P.O.V.
Let's Blow the Popsicle Stand: Sarah POV
A Night of Sushi and Demons: Eva's POV
The Cupid Attack: Sarah POV
Cupid Is Stupid: Eva POV
Everything Gets Worse: Sarah POV
Epilogue

The Great Escape: Sarah POV

3.1K 64 31
By CarandSar

A/N: Hullo! My name is Sarox42. Now my dear, dear cousin, has asked for a birthday present and here it is! All it needs is a bow! I do really like this idea though. I'm going to be 'in charge' of the Demigods, so my chapters will not be in Eva Blofis's point of view, but in my own character. I hope that I can live up to my cousin's expectations and possibly your own. Just tell me if I suck balls will you? I'm going to need feedback and if I truly am horrible...too bad for you. But yes, seriously feedback. Tell me what you think, what you think I should do, whatever.

Love, Sarox42 xx

___________________________________________________________

THE LONG, SAD, SLIGHTLY HILARIOUS STORY OF MY LIFE

[A word, by Sarah Rose Dae.

I'm rescuing you now. See, Eva and I are both hilarious, but we both accept that I am slightly funnier. Also, just so you aren't confused, I'm a half-blood. And if you have read the beginning of this story instead of just skipping to my part (I wouldn't blame you, I'm rather awesome) you would realize that yes, magicians and half-bloods do in fact, know each other. Largely due to me. But hey, it's rude to brag. Anyways, this is my story.]

[Another word, by Sarah Rose Dae

What I do ain't pretty, you can get hurt and killed. Like bad. But it's what I'm good at it and it's who I am. I'm not going to bother trying to convince you that this is real. If you don't believe me then there isn't a thing I can do about it. Just know that this world we live in, it has a lot of secrets. Don't for one second believe that you know all of them.]

My name is Sarah Rose Dae, if you haven't realized. Before I knew who I was, I knew what I wasn't. I wasn't a normal kid. I did normal kid things. I watched Saturday morning cartoons, I played with toys, and I ate too much sugar. Normal, am I right? Well, no. I wasn't normal. I had a knack for getting into fights and other various situations. I only did one other normal kid thing: I ran away from home.

Now every kid runs away. They pack a few toys, some graham crackers, and probably their entire life savings of fifteen dollars. Then they march out of their front door without a backwards glance. Ten to fifteen minutes later they return to their home, give their parents a big hug, and realize that their life isn't that bad. Not me. When I left I didn't come back.

I had three reasons for leaving. The first, my mother, and the second my step-father and his devil spawn kids. Third were the monsters. They followed me everywhere. School, home, at the super market, you name it they were there. At first nobody believed me, and it was almost better than what happened when they did. They finally realized that I wasn't lying when it was almost too late. In a way, it was better, but in many ways it was worse. I became a monster to my parents as well. I was as dangerous as any of the nasty's that stalked me. They were scared of me, they stopped trusting me. Then they stopped caring about me all together. I wasn't their kid anymore; I was a curse that was forced upon them. They treated me like crap. And there comes a time when it becomes too much for an eight year old. That time was when I left.

I collected all of my life savings (normal!). I was a practical eight year old. I only took what was needed: clothes, food, and my teddy bear, Professor Sherlock. Don't judge me, I was eight! Then I caught a bus. I didn't care where it took me, but I just had to leave where I was. I ended up in Chicago. Now, I'm sure you think that a short, dyslexic, eight year old with a legion of monsters following her about couldn't survive for long. Well you think wrong.

I am what is known as a fighter. Part of that was probably my ADD. It made me hyped up, loud mouthed, and I must admit slightly annoying. Okay fairly annoying. Well, everyone wanted to strangle me. I could get just about anybody pissed off and that was a big achievement, believe me. I had been roughed up many times by second grade. By that time, I had learned how to fight. I broke a fifth graders pinkie and gave two fourth graders black eyes, Honestly, they were asking for it.

I was never at the same school for long. Weird and slightly disastrous things always happened to me. Like the incident in which four teachers were somehow tossed into the indoor swimming pool. Or the time with the woman who had a snake-like tongue tried to kidnap me. Or the wild dogs, I don't even want to think about that!

I had a big steak knife and a hammer to defend myself with, but strangely enough that first week of my freedom, I didn't see any monsters. The second week? I was not that lucky.

I had made a little home in an alley with some blankets and cardboard boxes. It wasn't a five star hotel but it was better than my home. For an eight year old, it was kind of an adventure. There was only one downer, one flaw in my plan, one problem: I was starving. I was eight, and I wanted food so I did the only thing I could think of. I stood outside of restaurants and begged. After that didn't work, I lowered my standards and resigned myself to dumpster diving.

Moping behind a restaurant, trying to decide whether or not I was going to climb inside that garbage, I felt something off. Well more like smelled it, and it wasn't the garbage. I froze and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. The hot summer day was cold now, a frozen wind blew through the alley. Shivering, I slowly rotated to face the strangest, scariest thing I had ever seen in all my short years. Blue. Frozen arctic blue ice was towering in the alleys entrance. But it wasn't ice at all. It was a man. A giant! I couldn't speak, I couldn't move. I just stood there, starring transfixed at the thing. He starred back, almost mimicking me.

Then I sneezed.

The giant gave a howl of rage and launched himself at me. The last thought I had that wasn't run, run, or run was 'I'm allergic to giants!' His hand shot out at me and I ducked, slipping through his legs. Without thinking I plunged my steak knife into his calf. He roared, his breath making a big cloud of mist in the air. I couldn't pull it out again, so I just left it sticking out of his leg like a giant splinter. I left it and ran like the wind. I felt him following, the sidewalk shaking, as he stumped after me. He is going to get me! I thought hysterically. [I was having a pretty rotten day.] I flew around a corner and tripped spectacularly over a well-placed crack in the pavement. I went soaring through the air and skidded on the concrete painfully.

I was breathing hard and terrified as I tried to haul myself to my feet. My knees were skinned and scraped, and my chin was bleeding. Desperately I looked around me, and saw only an old jewelry shop that was closed. I was done for. Shakily, I faced the street corner just as the big ice man rounded it. He stumbled over the same crack as me, but I wasn't lucky enough for him to fall and shatter into a thousand pieces. I backed away slowly, hammer clutched in my shaking hands, sure that I was not getting out of this alive.

The giant pointed a long hand at me, "Contagion!" he bellowed, "Disease!"

"I'm sorry!" I whispered croakily, "I'm sorry I sneezed on you."

"ILLNESS!" he roared at the sky. I tripped and landed on my butt. He ran towards me, his arms out stretched. I braced myself for certain death, and squeezed my eyes shut. I didn't feel like I was being creamed...I opened on eye. The giant had frozen mid-step. I gazed at him stupidly with my mouth half-open in confusion. Then, unbelievably, he crumbled into a mound of ice. On the other side of this ice was a boy. Dressed in a bright orange shirt, that I struggled to read, and jeans he looked normal. Well, almost normal. He was holding sword, I kid you not, a real working sword, and kicking at the ice. I stared at him, unsure whether he was friend or foe, and finally he looked up.

He was really old, like twenty or something with black hair that was messy, like he'd flown here. His eyes shocked me. They were green, sea green, like mine, and alert. It was like he radiated some silent power. He definitely wasn't normal.

"Uhhh. Hi." He said to me awkwardly. I chose to ignore this and got to the point.

"You killed it?" I asked.

"Well...Yeah," he shrugged.

I considered this. "Cool."

He cracked a smile. "Really cool." He pointed at the ice.

I shook my head, "....no."

He laughed, "I'm Percy Jackson. We need to get you to Camp Half-Blood." That's what his shirt said! Camp Half-Blood! I thought to myself. What the heck was Camp Half-Blood? But when somebody saves you from imminent death, you learn not to question them very much. He motioned for me to follow him and I stepped through the shards of ice.

I turned back once and said, "It looks like you've...caught the cold," and skipped away. When you're eight you can get away with stupid jokes. [No, offence Percy.] I also said it because the time felt right, I watched too much CSI, and I am exceptionally lame.

***

When I said 'it looked like he'd flown here', I hadn't really thought that he had flown there. Much less did I think that he had done that flying on a horse. Yes my friends, on a winged horse. I had heard enough fairy tales that I knew this was a Pegasus. Now, horses of any kind always creeped me out; I mean they are pretty, beautiful, majestic, but those things could talk to me. Inside my head. That is a first class reason to avoid them.

So, I wasn't all that surprised when I heard the coal black, slightly pudgy, but still lovely Pegasus speak. Lazily he said, I'm getting too old for this boss. He seemed to be talking to Percy. And where's my sugar cubes?

I planned on translating this him, but he already answered, "I think you've had enough sugar cubes to give a water buffalo a heart attack."

I don't even think that's possible, the horse retorted.

My mouth hung open, "You can understand him?!" I shrieked. He whinnied, the horse that is, and shook his mane at me. Don't yell like that!

"Sorry," I said absentmindedly.

Percy stared at me, "Can you understand him?"

Obviously, he snorted, but you know what that means right boss? It means -

"I told you not to call me boss," said Percy hurriedly cutting him off. If a horse could look affronted, that horse did. I wasn't much paying attention to their conversation, I was staring at both of them in fascination.

"I thought I was crazy! Can everyone at your camp do it too?" They both looked at me quickly and looked away. It was almost like it was rehearsed.

"Err...no. Only a few..." Percy muttered. Again I wasn't really paying attention, just staring avidly at the Pegasus.

Quit! Quit you're creeping me out! Boss! Boss, make her stop!

"What's his name?" I asked Percy at once.

What's his name? What's his name!? He said indignantly, his name is Blackjack and I'm right here! Just ask me yourself! I can't believe we left you're sisters birthday party for this! They had carrot cake-! I wasn't listening to the horse muttering darkly about cake or parties though.

"Blackjack? Can you play cards or something? Shouldn't you be called Flapjack? You know because of your wings?" Blackjack stared at me blankly. Hoping to help him understand I raised my arms and cried, "Flap, flap!" Flapjack?! That's a pancake!

Percy laughed, "I guess you finally met your match Jack. She can talk almost as much as you."

It's Flapjack-Blackjack thank you very much!

"Can I pet you?" No! Do I look like a pony?

"A little." I stroked his glossy coat.

Wait...oh...that's very nice. He leaned his down so I could scratch his neck.

Percy climbed on his back and I stopped petting. Blackjack straightened at once and cleared his throat. "Are we...riding him?" I asked uncertainly.

"Yup."

How about for a nice change you carry me home? Percy rolled his eyes.

"We tried that once remember? Did you enjoy it?"

I've repressed that memory. Percy leaned down and offered me a hand to pull myself up.

"Come on...um...what's your name?" I looked at his hand then at my shoes. Silly things about strangers and cars were running through my head. Obviously, that didn't apply here.

"Sarah. Sarah Rose Dae." I said clambering on the horse with Percy's help.

Sarah, Blackjack scoffed what a dumb name.

"Better than yours," I muttered. He was probably about to say something rated R and rude when suddenly the ground began to rumble.

Whoa. Boss? What was that?

"I don't know, just go." Blackjack swung around and began galloping to the end of the alley for a take-off, but his path was blocked. A dozen more blue giants had materialized out of thin air and stood in our way.

Uh-oh.

"Take off!"

I can't! No lift! The first giant gave a rumbling laugh and took a threatening step forward.

"Blackjack! Run back at the wall!" Percy muttered, his eyes locked on the giants.

Are you crazy?!

"Yes, probably. Just jump when I say jump."

We are going to die. But Blackjack turned and ran full speed at the wall.

"Jump! And hold on!" Percy said to me. Blackjack jumped at the wall and scaled it vertically, his wings flapping furiously, while I was holding on to Percy for dear life. The giants, who seemed stupider than a herd of empty buckets, only seemed to realize what was happening when it was too late. Yelling and screaming, they ran towards the wall, trying to scale it too and failing horribly.

After what seemed like hours, Blackjack had reached the top of the building. He stood there for a bit, breathing hard.

I'm...too...old...for...this! he puffed.

"Extra sugar cubes?" Percy offered innocently.

Okay, let's go. He cantered for the opposite edge of the building and soared out into the open air, his wings catching the currents like a bird's.

***

Speaking of birds, we had trouble with them too. I had been attacked by giant blue people, scaled a wall on a flying horse, and was soaring at breakneck speed towards a place I had never been. Obviously, my eight year old mind was exhausted and needed a good long sleep. But no, no sleep for Sarah! Only mechanical birds. My pathetic existence must cause so much enjoyment to the Fates. I bet they laugh their butts off.

We would have to fly at least three hours to make it to 'Long Island' or whatever Percy had said. It was beautiful and quite interesting up in the air, but I got a bit bored. I began scanning the horizon, looking for some big luminous sign that pointed to Camp Whatsit. So, somewhere near Ohio when it was starting to get dark, a sheet of silver began to follow us. I looked at it for some time and it only occurred to me to tell Percy when I could see that the sheet wasn't a sheet at all.

"Percy!" I yelled. He looked behind him, and I pointed at the birds. He said a string of cuss words that were lost in the wind.

"Go faster!" Percy yelled to Blackjack. We went into hyper drive then, kind of like those cartoon rockets that will pause for a second then shoot off faster than the speed of light. I almost fell off the rear of the thing and I don't think that Blackjack would have stopped to catch me. I gripped the back off Percy's orange shirt like it was a life line. So, the constant fear of falling and spiraling down to the ground didn't exactly make for a relaxing second half of the journey.

Long Island was in New York, and even though New York is supposed to be all sky scrapers and busy city streets, it wasn't. It was green in places, with big houses and suburbs and tiny cars that were bleached of all color in the darkness. Then suddenly, it cut off and we were soaring over a dark river.

"There." Percy pointed ahead. "New York. Best place on Earth." I thought that was Disney Land, but I guess I didn't know much.

New York was rough and beautiful at the same time. It rose all at once, something man made and united, and reached towards the sky with endless glowing fingers. It shone like a star in the night, blinding out the real ones. It seemed to have a pulse like it was alive. I loved it. I loved New York. It was something like awe at first sight, love at second glance. Percy and I were both staring entranced at the living, breathing city, when I felt something dig into my hand. I screamed and looked down. It was a silver bird, mechanical with two giant luminous yellow eyes. It cawed at me and scratched another talon down my arm. I didn't think. I grabbed it around the neck and threw it as hard as I could.

Breathing fast and clutching my hand I yelled, "Percy! They're back!" He glared at the fast approaching silver flock.

"Rapscilaion Birds. Hephaestus..." He muttered. "Here, take this."

He handed me a pen. I stared at him seriously freaking out that he considered this protection.

"What do I do with a pen?!" I shrieked.

"Uncap it. Just not facing me." Numbly I did what he said.

The pen grew and sharpened. The sword! It was heavy, but I could lift it. It seemed to glow too, like a yellowish light saber.

"Now when they attack," he yelled back at me, "you hit them with that okay?"

"Uh."

"Good," he nodded. I was going to say, 'Actually, you can just let me off here...' but I didn't get a chance. The birds all rose as one, and with a hollow cackaw, they attacked.

Desperately I raised the sword. Riptide, I thought. Then I realized I could do this. Everything slowed down and I seemed to move faster; when the first wave of birds attacked they barely knew what hit them. I swung in a wide arch and the sword cut through a dozen birds. The survivors stared at me dumbstruck. Then they all attacked at once.

I cut through them in numbers but they kept coming, swirling around us like a bubble. Blackjack kicked and whinnied and Percy slashed one handed with a smaller knife. We were losing though; there were too many. Their beaks and claws cut and tore at us, like razors. I was hurt, tired, and dizzy. I barely realized that we were soaring low, over water that was dark navy blue. Sound, I thought dimly, Long Island Sound...Water. I felt a weight being dropped in my stomach and somehow, some way, a pillar of water shot straight up in the sky like a geyser and drenched the flock of birds. They all short circuited at once, and dropped one at a time into the water.

Blackjack was sailing over the water easily now. We were all silent, but Percy looked especially shocked. I was seriously going to pass out now. I felt myself sway on Blackjack, and the world was getting foggy. I was so tired, just utterly exhausted. I felt myself falling and I didn't even have the energy to catch myself.

"Hey!" Someone was grabbing the back of my shirt and hoisting me up.

"Look! Hurry look!" He said to me. I did.

The last thing I saw was a valley that was dark and shadowy, but smelled like strawberries, and a big farm house which windows glowed gold.

"Camp Half-Blood." I heard someone say. Maybe it was me. Then the world went dark completely.

________________________________________________________

Edited! Yes thats my lovely first chapter. Btw, my chapters are long, even though there will be many. Tell me what you thought!!!! Next chapter done my MOI i will be interducing some new characters...and maybe some not so new ones...Ciao! <3

-Sarox42

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1.8K 51
"๐™’๐™š'๐™ก๐™ก ๐™›๐™–๐™˜๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก. ๐™๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง." "๐—ง๐—ผ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ?" "๐™๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง. ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™š." || Percy Jackson and The Olympians ||...
1K 30 27
[Artwork made by Tumblr Artist, Erabu-San] Disclaimers: The following is a non-profit, fanbase series. Percy Jackson and the Olympians; Heroes of Oly...
58.2K 2.5K 38
ON HIATUS (26/03/2024: I will be back as soon as possible, but uni is keeping me very busy, so I can't say when, sorry) SEQUEL TO THE PATH OF GLORY "...
12.3K 200 11
What if Fem Percy wasn't always greek? What if Yami had a wife in Egypt? What if there was an eighth Millennium item? Persephone Jackson has had a no...