The Seven Wonders | BTS

By CrazyGirrrrl

"An evil force has risen. In order to defeat it, you must find and gather the seven wonders." **** » WINNER o... More

Intro + The Gems
1. Begin
2. Ignis
3. Guardian
4. First Love
5. Unlock
6. Fire
7. Awake
8. Choices
9. Betrayal
10. Water
11. Blood Tarts
12. Confession
I've had enough
13. Return
14. Lie
15. Stigma
THANK YOU
16. Thunder
17. Reunion
18. Trust?
19. Reflection
20. Earth
21. Devotion
22. Tenderness
23. Mama
24. Air
25. Seven Wonders
FAN ART GALLERY
26. Doubt
27. Small Talk
28. Hatred
29. Confrontation
30. Teamwork
31. Pyramids
NOTE + ANNOUNCEMENT
32. Vrede
WE NEED YOUR HELP
33. Lucht
34. Reassurance
35. Acceptance
36. Aarde
37. Comfort
38. Rebellion
FICTION AWARDS?!
39. Assistance
40. Promises
41. Responsibility
42. Bliksem
43. Persuasion
44. Coincidence
45. Illusions
46. Clarity
47. Solitude
48. Coping
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: ONE SHOTS
I MADE IT?!
49. Tranen
50. Secrets
51. Trust
52. Regrets
53. Riptide
54. Reminiscing
55. Vlam
56. Uncertainty
57. Loneliness
58. Unity
59. Move
60. Remembrance
61. Contact
62. Hemel
63. Unconditional
64. Crybaby
65. Reclaiming
66. Strategy
67. Broken
68. Reassemble
69. Evaluation
70. Home
71. Hel
72. Remorse
#T7W1MReadsParty
73. Persistence
74. Game
75. Bond
76. Path
77. Feelings
78. Truth
79. Past
80. Calm
81. Team
82. Dread
83. Twilight
84. Desperation
85. Lesson
87. Unsure
88. Worry
89. Realization
90. Warning
91. Rescue
92. Fear
93. Leap
94. Battle
95. Cavalry
96. Revival
97. Reckoning
98. Finale Part 1
99. Finale Part 2
COMING SOON?
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
PATREON
JUST TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR
THE GAME IS OUT!
DISCORD SERVER

86. Free

32.9K 1.9K 8.2K
By CrazyGirrrrl

Jungkook had experienced many things in life. As Hemel's only prince and heir to the throne, he had gone through numerous royal gatherings, balls and the horrendous training courtesy of King Lucius. Of course, his father would always tell him that it was for his own good, but the angel didn't think that mentally and emotionally straining him as a result was necessary.

And when Jungkook decided to join the rest of the wonders on their journey to save the world, he knew he'd go through the extremes. A near-death situation was something he considered. In case of drowning, he learned how to swim. With the possibility of being caught in immortal flames, he learned healing spells.

But when Jungkook had been stabbed by Taehyung's sword, the blade grazing his heart, the angel knew that not even the strongest healing spell could help. As his insides started to burn, he thought of his mother and wished he had at least called her before entering the tower.

Jungkook already accepted his fate. Once Taehyung hugged him tightly and cried on his shoulders, his vision had turned dark and spotty. He remembered laying on the ground and closing his eyes as the blood pooled underneath him.

Not really having any idea of what limbo was, Jungkook figured that he had been stuck there for quite a while. He remembered just staring at his own body on the rocky ground. It was all quiet, Taehyung having disappeared, and for a moment he was in peace.

Then Kiana appeared in all her beauty, her hand slowly intertwining with his. Jungkook considered an eternity with her in the afterlife, until she softly whispered the words— "It isn't your time."

Jungkook woke up at that moment with a loud gasp. His vision was blurry and he could barely see the silhouette of two men hovering over him. Recognizing the blonde haired man sitting next to him, the angel blinked multiple times.

"Jungkook?," Jin wheezed loudly. He was sweating profusely, hair matted against his forehead. His smile looked dull and blank. "Oh thank God."

Jin's eyes fluttered closed for a few seconds. He suddenly fell backwards but Hoseok, who was standing behind him, quickly knelt down to catch him. Jungkook just stared, both extremely baffled and guilty at the sight before him.

"Man, you okay?," Hoseok's face was etched with worry, his goggles strapped over his brown hair and arms wrapped around Jin's waist.

"Hm? I'm fine," Jin mumbled, his eyes barely open. He simply waved a hand and put on a lazy smile, yet his tone and state were worrisome. "Just really... tired."

Jungkook slowly looked down. Expecting to see the stab wound in his stomach, he was stunned to see his torso perfectly in tact. He stared at the hole of his shirt for a while before gently poking the skin— it was real, he was fine. It almost seemed like he was in a dream.

"Before you ask," Hoseok said after taking once glance at Jungkook, who assumed that his expression said it all. "You were half-dead. Jin used his water magic to revive you."

Jungkook was honestly at a loss for words. Generations of Hemelian scientists and researchers had made it their life's purpose to figure out how to escape death or even avoid it completely. Yet here in front of him was Jin, a man who had done it because he could. It made him realize how powerful the gems and wonders really were.

Feeling a presence from next to him that definitely didn't belong to Jin and Hoseok, Jungkook glanced around. Through the corner of his eye, he saw Kiana sitting next to him, her knees bent as she sat with folded legs.

Jungkook observed his friends' expressions and realized that they couldn't see Kiana. The Hemelian noticed something strange in her expression. It looked like her eyes were trying to relay some kind of message but all he saw was her solemn yet sorrowful smile.

Gulping, Jungkook felt like Kiana's expression would be branded in his mind for the rest of his life.

"Correction; I pulled your soul back into your body and then healed you," Jin raised a finger, his blue eyes flicking towards Jungkook's stunned face. "Didn't know it was possible but apparently, it is— and it hurt. A lot."

"Thank you," Jungkook breathed out. Looking down at his hand, he could still feel Kiana's fingers laced with his. It made him wonder if he truly was thankful. "Really—"

Jungkook paused when he caught sight of Jin's water gem, which was swirling with a faint purple color. The angel's mouth hung open upon realizing why the blonde looked so tired. Then, he remembered Taehyung's broken cries. Where was he?

"Nope, no thanking. It had to be done," Jin grunted as he stood up and wobbled to his feet with the help of a wary Hoseok. "You're the only one who can bring Taehyung back."

Jungkook blinked slowly and tilted his head at Jin and Hoseok, who seemed to be struggling with balancing one another. Still, the water gem bearer's words filled him dread. The angel opened his mouth and felt his heart hammering against his ribcage.

"Bring Taehyung back?," Jungkook's words were heavy. Although he had an idea of what that meant, he didn't want to believe it. "What do you mean?"

Instead of replying, Jin and Hoseok glanced at each other. The two soon started arguing in who would tell Jungkook what exactly had happened to Taehyung. Not really having the patience, the angel decided to go through their thoughts instead. But before he could, there was a voice.

"He's gone berserk."

Jungkook, confused by the third voice, turned around and was stunned to see Yoongi, who was lying on a pile of rubble. The fire gem bearer groaned as he stood up and sneezed loudly due to the dust coating him. Holly whimpered as it flew overhead.

"Gone berserk?," Jungkook stuttered a bit. Jin and Hoseok were both avoiding eye contact with him. "What do you mean?"

Yoongi stood up. Holly flew right into his arms and curled its body. Glancing at the other two bearers who obviously were unwilling to break the news to Jungkook, he continued.

"The darkness gem," Yoongi paused a bit. He glanced down at his fire gem, which was flickering purple. "It corrupted him."

A silence. Jungkook took a few painstaking moments to register what he just heard. He went through Yoongi's thoughts in hopes of the fire gem bearer merely cracking a terrible joke. However, it all matched. He was telling the truth.

"Tae... he'd never let the gem consume him," Jungkook's soft sobs halted Jin and Hoseok's bickering. He felt his wings tremble, his feathers shaking as they did so. "But, he... why—"

"He must have thought that you were dead," Hoseok spoke after a few seconds of utter silence. His air gem was flickering purple too— an affect of the corruption, the prince presumed. "And it broke him."

Jungkook thought about it for a moment. The words break and Taehyung didn't fit together, no, they didn't belong with each other. Just the mere thought of his dear friend losing himself to the darkness brought tears to his eyes.

"Tae is one of the strongest people I know...," Jungkook trailed off in disbelief, tears now streaming down his face. He pressed his head with both of his hands.

"Everyone has a breaking point, Jungkook," Yoongi was petting Holly gently, his gaze fixated to the ground. "Even the most powerful man in the world can shatter."

For a while, Jungkook felt hopeless. From what he knew, it was nearly impossible to take someone back from the corruption of Hel's magic, especially from the darkness gem. Groaning in frustration, he tugged on his blonde hair.

"This is all my fault," Jungkook whispered to himself. He could feel a gaze on him but wasn't sure if it was Kiana's or not. "If only I listened to Tae, then he wouldn't—"

"Hey," Jin's voice was stern, a tone he didn't expect from the water gem bearer. "Jungkook Aurum, look at me."

Stunned at hearing his whole name, Jungkook looked up and met Jin's still tired eyes. Despite the water gem bearer's state, he still had a stern expression. Hoseok was no longer supporting his balance but he did have a stunned look etched on his face. Yoongi was still petting Holly.

"I did not nearly sacrifice myself to bring you back to life just for you to sob here while Taehyung is in desperate need of your help!," Jin hissed, his eyes flashing blue and gem still purple. He sucked in a breath and calmed down. "Jungkook, listen... He's your best friend. You're the only one who can save him."

"Jin's right," Yoongi's deep voice rumbled. He looked up at Jungkook, his feline eyes burning. "If your death broke Taehyung... maybe seeing you alive will fix him right back up."

To Jungkook, being one of the most important people in Taehyung's life was a wonderful thought. Whether that was true or not, he still didn't think his presence was enough to bring the Helian back. After all—

"The gem of darkness is one of the most powerful tools of magic in the universe," Jungkook recalled his magic lessons and remembered the fear he felt when told about the Helians' power. "How can someone like me beat that?"

Swallowing dryly, it took all of Jungkook's courage for him to speak his next words.

"How do we know he isn't already gone?"

"This is going to sound way too cheesy," Hoseok grimaced at the thought of his words to come. Jungkook feared the option to peer into his mind. "But you were dead. Here you are, right? If you have hope, even the impossible will happen."

Jungkook found himself thinking. Glancing at Kiana, who was nodding at him with a genuine smile, the angel made a decision. His hands balled into fists as he slowly stood, pure determination evident in his features. Taehyung has done so much for him, this was the least he could do.

"You're right," Jungkook's wings flapped as he straightened his back. His eyes and gem were glowing a powerful light blue. "If there is even a small chance of Taehyung still being in there, I'll take it."

All three bearers nodded at Jungkook, who inhaled sharply before spinning on his heel. He could feel Kiana's gaze on him still. With clenched teeth and a newfound courage within, Hemel's Crowned Prince took a step forward.

Jungkook paused when he was suddenly hit by a wave of dizziness. Wobbling, the angel fell to the ground on his side as his surroundings spun. He groaned and grabbed his throbbing head in pain, knowing that his escape from death had caused his disorientation.

"Jungkook!"

Not at all expecting to hear Kiana's voice, Jungkook was stunned when his eyes landed on the Helian's face. She gently knelt down on the ground and cupped his cheek, her long silver hair flowing down her shoulders.

"Are you okay, Koo?," Kiana whispered, her voice as soft and comforting as ever.

Smiling at the nickname Kiana had given him when they started dating, Jungkook released a light laugh despite the pain. "I'm fine. Just a bit... dizzy is all, yeah?"

Kiana ended up laughing as well. Jungkook once again saw that solemn look on her. Although she was staring at him lovingly, something didn't feel right to the angel. There was something... strange about her expression. It almost seemed like she was trying to memorize every feature of his face.

When Jungkook realized how oddly quiet it's been for the last few seconds, he slowly turned around. Jin and Hoseok were just standing there with identical stunned expressions on their faces. Yoongi didn't look as shocked but his mouth was slightly open. Holly was growling too. He glanced at Kiana, who exhaled loudly through her nose.

"Can they—"

"Yes," Kiana replied before Jungkook could finish his sentence. "They can see me."

Jungkook sat up slowly as Kiana rubbed circles on his back. He wondered why she suddenly decided to show herself to his friends after being concealed for so long. Somehow, it made him cautious— it made him nervous.

"Another Helian?," Yoongi's expression darkened as flames started to light up on his sleeves. Holly was still growling.

"Yoongi, relax," Jin's lips made a puckering sound as they slapped together. He was pointing his trident forward warily. "I think she's on our side."

Jungkook glanced at Kiana, who didn't look as skeptical as he expected. Instead, it seemed like the Helian was prepared for this sort of reaction. With a straight face, she turned towards the two bearers and sighed.

"Who I am is not important," Kiana gently slipped her laced her fingers with Jungkook's. The feeling was familiar and sweet. "You need to get to Taehyung. If we do not get to him quickly, he is going to die."

"What are you suggesting?," Hoseok spoke as he eyed their intertwined hands. Jungkook could tell that he already figured it out.

"I will teleport you four to the first floor," Kiana slowly stood up and folded her hands over her stomach. Jungkook's eyes widened at her words. "It will be the fastest and most efficient way to the bottom."

"But Kiana," Jungkook immediately bounced on his feet and grabbed both of Kiana's hands. "If you use your powers too much—"

"I know," Kiana brushed some strands of Jungkook's blonde hair away from his face before cupping his cheek. A warm smile was on her face. "But Taehyung... he's sacrificed everything for our sake. It's the least I can do."

Jungkook knew how right Kiana was. Taehyung was the kind of person who prioritized everyone else before him— and now the grave consequences of that decision had been presented before them. Sighing, the only thing he could do was trust her.

"Jin, Hoseok, Yoongi," Jungkook turned towards the three bearers he had just mentioned. They both were just staring at the couple silently, although Hoseok was smiling. "Come on."

Hoseok pulled a still stunned Jin forward until the four were standing in a circular position. Yoongi approached them warily. Holly's yellow eyes were glued to the Helian. Jungkook tightened his grip on Kiana's hand. There was a strange feeling at the bottom of his gut, that letting go of her hand meant losing her.

Soon, Jungkook and the others were engulfed in purple mist. The Hemelian found himself holding his breath as a gust of wind blew, his blonde hair fluttering in the wind. After a few seconds, it all went silent. He could hear Jin release a sigh of relief.

Jungkook opened his eyes and just as he expected, they were standing in the first floor. Behind the angel was the familiar holed floor, the Vredeian letters that spelled out Gabriel etched on the path to the stairs located at the back.

Facing Kiana, Jungkook was glad that she didn't look worn out at all by the teleportation spell. The Helian looked up at her solemnly ones more, a small smile stretching her lips.

"You might be a bit scared when you see Taehyung," Kiana faced the door. Jungkook followed her gaze and swallowed at the dark aura he could feel from outside. "But do not fear him. He is in there somewhere."

"I just have to get him out," Jungkook smiled as he stared at Kiana, realizing that she really was one of the most beautiful women he's ever seen. "I know."

For a moment, Kiana just stared at Jungkook. Then she cupped the Hemelian's face and gently tiptoed to plant a soft kiss on his cheek. A shiver ran down the angel's spine. "Be careful, okay?"

Jungkook nodded and put on a big bunny smile. He felt his cheek sting, the feeling of Kiana's kiss still lingering on his skin. The Helian woman returned the smile before she faded away into mist, presumably back to your mind.

"Well, that wasn't awkward for us at all."

Hearing Hoseok's voice, Jungkook's face paled when he realized that the two bearers were watching this whole time. Jin was staring at the ground and was awkwardly rubbing his nape. Yoongi had a small smile on his face and the angel wondered if it was a sarcastic one.

"Wow," Hoseok said simply, his eyebrows cocked high up. The air gem bearer hummed a bit and gazed into nothing. "I really miss Jia now."

Jin coughed and stepped forward in an attempt to shatter the tension but unfortunately for Jungkook, the tension only thickened. The angel was stunned when the water gem bearer placed his arm over his wide shoulders.

"You'll have a bit of trouble with balancing while you recover," Jin spoke gently, although his eyes were still tired and dull. "But I got you. Just get Taehyung back for us, alright?"

Jungkook nodded and glanced at Hoseok, who tailed Jin and was now standing behind him. The air gem bearer gave him a soft tap on the back before he cracked his knuckles.

"Move aside for a bit," Hoseok's green eyes made both Jungkook and Jin follow him without question. Lucht's king took a deep breath before powerful pillars of air shot from his palms and towards the door.

Eyeing Hoseok's gem, Jungkook's eyes widened at the purple hue. He could tell that the air gem bearer was exerting a lot of effort in order to use his powers. The Hemelian swallowed dryly at the darkness gem's power.

The doors soon opened but Hoseok looked deathly pale. He held his knees and took deep breaths. Before Jungkook could say anything, the air gem bearer raised a hand. "G-Go. I'll be fine."

"We'll catch up in a bit," Yoongi announced. He was rubbing small circles on Hoseok's back, a gesture Jungkook didn't expect from the fire gem bearer.

Jungkook glanced at Jin warily before they stepped out of the tower. Ironically, the sudden brightness made the angel squint his eyes. Once his vision finally adjusted, he was met with a shocking scene.

Among all the chaos around him, the first thing Jungkook noticed was Taehyung. He had to blink multiple times to make sure he was seeing things right. The darkness gem bearer's sharp fangs and exposed wounded eye was something that should have instilled fear into the angel— but instead, he felt nothing but sorrow.

"That can't be Tae," Jungkook's breath hitched in his throat. "That can't—"

Jungkook paused when he took a closer look at what exactly was happening. He gasped a bit when he saw your bleeding figure standing before Taehyung with purple mist encircling your wrists. The strong wind was blowing your silver hair in every direction.

Behind you, Emily, Jimin and Namjoon sat in a row. The protector was tightly gripping the bow and arrow in her hands. If the situation wasn't so dire, the angel would have smiled at how the two bearers were hugging each other intimately.

"The gem has full control over him," Jin had his eyes on Emily, his breathing still irregular. He trembled slightly under Jungkook's hold. "He— he was out to kill everyone. Get him back. Please."

Jungkook felt a burning passion within him. Turning towards Taehyung, who was shouting at you with purple flames burning around him, the angel clenched his teeth. Despite how he was both afraid and confused at the moment, the Hemelian prince released a loud yet painful scream.

"Tae!"

Taehyung froze instantly. Jungkook already expected a burning evil glare from the Helian so when he received it, he wasn't at all surprised. However, it only took a few seconds until the darkness gem bearer's expression softened, his dark eye twinkling with a bit of light.

"Kook?"

Jungkook couldn't help but smile a bit upon hearing the nickname but he knew that Taehyung wasn't quite out of it yet. "Hey, you got me... okay? You still got me."

Taehyung just tilted his head at Jungkook, a disturbingly innocent expression on his face. His long sharp nails clicked as they scraped together. The darkness gem bearer carefully looked around and froze once again when his eyes landed on your figure.

That guilty and baffled expression Taehyung had on fueled Jungkook with hope.

"I'm alright."

A moment of silence passed. Nobody said anything as the wind around them died down. A purple shade swirled in Taehyung's dark eye as he walked forward sloppily, each step disoriented and unbalanced. You braced yourself for an attack and was stunned when the prince merely walked by.

Namjoon immediately shuffled to his feet and dragged both Emily and Jimin out of the way. The trio stared at Taehyung cautiously as he continued to blindly walk towards Jungkook. Lightning crackled in the air and was followed by rumbling thunder.

Jungkook felt his teeth chatter as he was doused in the cold rain. He faced Jin, whose blonde hair was matted against his face, and whispered softly. "Hey, Jin—"

"Jungkook, no," Jin spoke instantly, his tone dripping with worry. Jungkook figured that his expression gave away his thoughts. "It's too dangerous."

"It's okay," Jungkook smiled at Jin, who still looked extremely worried. He glanced at Taehyung, who was almost right in front of him by now. "Taehyung won't hurt me."

Jin stared at Jungkook for a few seconds before he sighed loudly. In that moment, the Hemelian realized how much he truly trusted Taehyung. As the water gem bearer slipped away and ran to your injured aid, he kept his stance.

Taehyung was standing right in front of Jungkook. Truthfully, the angel was slightly terrified by his friend's sharp fangs and pointed ears. His curled horns were a charcoal shade that faded to a purple hue at its tip. Dried blood caked his lips and chin. The eye Yoongi injured had three scratch marks running across it.

Jungkook was about to speak but was stopped when Taehyung suddenly grabbed his face. With the prince's nails barely piercing through the skin of his cheeks, the Hemelian swallowed dryly. Someone attempted to shuffle towards him but he made a gesture that halted whoever it was.

"Jungkook?," Taehyung's voice was distorted, like two people were speaking at the same time. His nails ran down Jungkook's face. "I... killed you."

"No, Tae," Jungkook smiled, the action making Taehyung's nails pinch deeper into his cheeks. "You didn't."

Another silence came as the rain suddenly stopped. Taehyung's hand slipped off Jungkook's face, his nails clicking together once again. The darkness gem bearer just stared ahead blankly, the dark hue in his eye slowly fading. The absence of sound was suffocating but he himself didn't have the courage to speak.

That's when it happened. A single tear dripped down Taehyung's face as his features shifted back to normal— the real him. His horns faded into dark mist. He started to sob and tightly gripped Jungkook's shoulders, his nails no longer as sharp.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung's voice cracked as he spoke. His tears were an endless stream. "I'm so sorry."

Jungkook gently pulled Taehyung into a hug and hummed as he rubbed circles on his back. He could feel the Helian lock his arms around his waist, the tears soaking into the cloth of his jacket. A smile spread across his face.

"I thought I lost you," Taehyung continued to cry, his grip around Jungkook tight and protective. "Macht, Jungkook, I wouldn't know what to do without—"

"I'm alright, Tae."

Smiling, Jungkook kept comforting Taehyung. Truthfully, the Hemelian had the biggest urge to cry but he knew that right now, his best friend needed him more.

"And so are you."

At that moment, Jungkook could see everything change. The sky cleared as the dark clouds faded away to reveal light. He glanced at his friends and saw Jimin smiling at him while pointing at his thunder gem, which was back to its regular bright yellow color. Namjoon had an arm hooked around his waist.

Jungkook was honestly so proud of Taehyung. He couldn't imagine what it was like to be consumed by the corruption of dark magic. Yet here the Helian was— strong and finally, finally free.

Taehyung suddenly pulled away from the hug, his eye widened in both realization and fear. He looked down at his gem. Jungkook followed his gaze and was more than glad to see its solid purple color.

"Wait," Taehyung breathed out. He looked around and paused when he spotted his friends standing in a row. "What did I—"

"It doesn't matter what you did."

Hearing your voice, Taehyung turned around as Jungkook did the same. You were rubbing your newly healed shoulder, a bit of dust and rain still on your face. Despite your condition, you wore a big and genuine smile. Jin was standing next to you.

"What matters is that you beat the gem," Your eyes had a glint of purple, something that slightly caught Taehyung and Jungkook by surprise. "And now you're back."

Taehyung didn't say anything for a while. He just stared at you and at your obviously previously grave injuries— Jungkook figured it was due to the red blotches of dried blood on your skin.

Jungkook could tell by Taehyung's expression that he was dying to approach you. So, with a small laugh, the angel tapped the Helian's back. This caused the older prince to turn towards him skeptically.

"Go," Jungkook said simply, which made Taehyung smile at him gratefully. He watched proudly as the darkness gem bearer slowly walked towards you.

"Told you so."

Yoongi spoke suddenly from behind Jungkook, which caused his wings to straighten and a few feathers to shed out of shock. He turned around with a huff and saw the fire bearer laughing silently, his gummy smile big and wide. Holly was cackling a bit as well.

"Taehyung's free now," Yoongi was still laughing and Jungkook honestly wasn't used to seeing the fire gem bearer like this. Then he put on a sincere smile. "And it's all thanks to you."

Jungkook returned the smile, a grateful expression on his face. He saw Hoseok standing behind Yoongi, his arm raised as he showed off his now green gem. A big heart-shaped smile was on his face. The sight of it made the angel laugh.

Taehyung fiddled with his fingers, his gaze fixated to the ground as he stepped towards you. Jungkook couldn't believe that one of the most uptight and confident people he knew was acting like an awkwardly shriveled up mushroom.

"So," Taehyung started. He was using the sleeve of his jacket to wipe away the blood on his face. "Helian, huh?"

You blinked at Taehyung, an expression of bafflement crossing your features. Jungkook didn't need to go through your thoughts to know that it was the least thing you expected to hear from the darkness gem bearer. The awkward tension in the air made the angel want to roll away from the very scene.

"Guess so," Your reply made things even more awkward, if possible. Glancing down at your hands, you stared at the faint purple mist encircling your wrist. "But... I feel like I've always known."

Taehyung took a moment to reply to that. Lowering his hand to reveal a cleaner face, he finally shifted his gaze towards you. Jungkook was dying to know if his cheeks were as flushed as he imagined.

"You're a... really good fighter?"

Oh my Macht. Jungkook wanted to stab himself in the ears. As much as he wanted to jump into the conversation and slam their heads together, he knew it would make things even more awkward. Instead, the Hemelian pinched his nose bridge in frustration.

"Damn," Namjoon whispered, his arm still wrapped around Jimin's waist. He glanced at the thunder gem bearer with a dimpled smile. "Were we that awkward, Chim?"

Jimin's lips formed a pout. He went silent and thought about it for a moment before shrugging. "I don't think so."

"Seriously?," Hoseok deadpanned from behind Jungkook with an evident scowl on his face. Jimin and Namjoon turned towards him in confusion. "Whenever the two of you interacted and didn't end up groping each other, I wanted to gauge my eyes out."

Hoseok's comment caused the whole group, including you and Taehyung who turned out to be listening, to erupt into laughter. Seeing the air gem bearer wink playfully at Jungkook, he knew he had broken the ice on purpose.

"Wait," Hoseok suddenly paused, his expression wide eyed as he faced Jimin and Namjoon, who both had flushed cheeks. The air gem bearer gasped dramatically and pointed at the duo with bent knees. "You two are dating?!"

Everyone stared at the two bearers simultaneously. As each person registered Hoseok's words, they gasped one by one with the exception of Emily, who just nodded knowingly. Jungkook honestly didn't understand why these humans didn't catch drift of an obviously in love couple standing before them.

"Well damn," Jin smiled and crossed his arms over his chest. He was the only one unaffected by the cold brought by the rain. "How did this happen?"

Namjoon glanced at Jimin, whose beet red cheeks were puffed up. He rubbed his nape awkwardly. "It... just did. Yeah."

"Thank the Lord and God almighty!," Hoseok raised both of his hands in the air and screamed. Jungkook was reminded of Hemel's old pastor. "It's about time!"

Truthfully, Jungkook expected Hoseok to fall on his knees and praise whatever god the people of Earth had. Instead, the air gem bearer placed both hands over his chest and sighed. Everyone stared at him.

"I can't believe I've lived long enough to see this day."

"Hoseok, you're literally ninetee—"

"Hush!," Hoseok pointed at Yoongi, who immediately shut his mouth. Holly made a questionable hum on his shoulders. "Let me relish in this rare victory for the gays after weeks of unresolved romantic tension."

Jungkook was about to question why Hoseok called it rare, especially because love amongst all was accepted in the entirety of Vrede, then he recalled his time on Earth and immediately understood what he meant.

"Dating, huh?," Taehyung whispered to himself as he glanced at you, only for your eyes to meet. Not expecting eye contact, he turned away with pink cheeks. You did the same and grabbed your face.

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the two other obviously in love fools standing in front of him. Before he could say anything, however, a female voice came from behind him. Although it was sudden, it wasn't enough to surprise him.

"Truly, love is a force stronger than the darkest of magic," Kiana had her hands clasped behind her back. Jungkook wondered if she was letting everyone else see her but it was most likely. "Taehyung's love for his best friend broke him away from the gem's corruption."

"Flattering," Jungkook laughed a bit, his big bunny teeth exposed as he smiled. The little wings on his head flapped once. "Honestly? I think Tae did it all himself."

Kiana smiled at that but she didn't say anything else. Instead, she stared ahead, that solemn expression on her face once again. For some reason, that made Jungkook extremely comfortable. Deciding to follow her gaze, he realized that the Helian was looking right at you.

You and Kiana seemed to have had a conversation prior to the battle against the Great Six— or maybe the two girls were well acquainted enough to know what the other was thinking. Either way, Jungkook didn't feel good about your next words.

"Taehyung," You turned towards said prince, whose cheeks were still slightly pink. He glanced at you through the corner of his eye. "I think someone wants to speak to you."

Taehyung cocked an eyebrow before he followed the direction of your gaze. When his eyes landed on Kiana, he looked slightly stunned. This expression was immediately covered by a tight smile.

"I would like to speak to the two princes alone," Kiana's voice was louder than usual. This made Jungkook realize that she was announcing this to the team, which meant they could see her. "If you do not mind."

Kiana glanced at the rest of the team, who were frozen in a row. Jin was the only person who didn't cower slightly under the Helian woman's gaze. Jimin was standing behind Namjoon, his tiny figure nearly concealed behind the tall earth gem bearer. Emily was preparing her weapons but she halted after her boyfriend whispered something into her ear.

"Sure?," Namjoon sounded extremely unsure, his brown eyes glued to Kiana.

Taehyung gave you a quick glance before walking towards Jungkook and Kiana. The trio then trekked across the field for a bit until they were out of the group's earshot. The Hemelian prince could see you staring at them from far away.

Jungkook felt extremely nervous for some reason. His wings were already starting to tremble behind him. Hugging himself, the Hemelian couldn't understand why this whole situation irked him the wrong way.

Taehyung suddenly tapped Jungkook's shoulder. His eyebrows were scrunched together, worry etched on his features. "You okay?"

"...I'm fine," Jungkook smiled and did his best to hide what he truly felt. He folded his dripping wet and now heavier wings. "Just... cold, yeah?"

Taehyung squinted his eyes, obviously unconvinced by the excuse. Jungkook knew that it was one of the lamest things he could think of so he was surprised when the darkness gem bearer turned away instead.

"I am sure that both of you are aware of the circumstances of my presence," Kiana started, her voice more commanding than usual. Jungkook pursed his lips into a thin line. "And my mission."

Jungkook and Taehyung glanced at each other for a few seconds of thinking before the Helian prince spoke up. "Care to elaborate on this so called mission of yours?"

"I don't think she remembers," Jungkook replied after he recalled the first time Kiana revealed herself back in Hemel. His cheeks flushed at the memory of their kiss. "The consequence of coming back to the world of the living was to forget the mission, right?"

Kiana glanced at Jungkook, her purple eyes piercing through him. Taehyung was giving him a similar look, although his expression was more sorrowful. The angel tilted his head, confused at why he had received such glares.

"Why didn't you tell him?," Taehyung shattered the silence with his sharp tone.

"Tell me what?," Jungkook blinked with a frozen smile on his face. Taehyung sighed as Kiana combed her silver hair with her fingers. The tension in the air thickened.

Kiana slowly walked towards Jungkook before she grabbed both of his hands in a tight grip. She exhaled loudly through her nose and put on a wry smile. The angel stared at her innocently.

"Jungkook," Kiana dragged out her words. Jungkook noticed that her hands were trembling despite the straight face she had on. "The mission... I've always known what it was?"

Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows together and took a few seconds to process Kiana's words. When he finally did, all he felt was disappointment. "You lied to me?"

Kiana went silent. She looked at Jungkook sympathetically but that was soon replaced by yet another straight face. Taehyung watched from behind and was obviously concerned by the scene before him.

"I had to," Kiana's voice was monotonous, completely void of any sort of emotion. Jungkook wondered if this came with being a spirit. "It was the only way to ensure its absolute success."

Taehyung looked like he wanted to say something from behind the couple but he zipped his lips instead. Jungkook, on the other hand, shook his head. He couldn't understand why so many people hid stuff from him. What was wrong with him knowing the truth?

"How important is this mission," Jungkook inhaled sharply to prevent his anger from rising. "That you can't even tell me?"

Kiana gazed at the floor before glancing behind her and at Taehyung, who was just staring back in silence. The Helian fell into deep thought— it looked like she was comprehending the very situation she put herself in. Jungkook thought about it as well. He knew that she wouldn't lie to him unless absolutely necessary.

"My job," Kiana paused and took a long and deep breath. Her grip on Jungkook's hands tightened and she trembled even more. "Is to mend your friendship with Taehyung."

Huh? The gears of Jungkook's mind ran as he processed Kiana's words. Since he had expected something related to the fate of Vrede and Earth plus your role as the guardian, this possibility never even crossed his mind.

"And I'm sure the gods know," Kiana smiled to herself, her purple orbs glassy yet sparkly. She grinned and showed off her pearly white teeth. "That I have succeeded."

"Excuse me but," Taehyung walked into the scene with an equally baffled expression. He raised an eyebrow. "That is not what you told me."

Kiana laughed a bit at the face Taehyung made, her next words spoken in that same soft tone that was familiar to Jungkook. "Telling you would have risked it as well."

"Wait a minute, so that means...," Jungkook could feel the tears form in his eyes as all the dots connected in his head. "You're leaving? For good?"

Kiana didn't say anything to that, instead she turned away from both of the princes. Taehyung realized the same thing— Jungkook could tell by his wide eyes and taken aback expression. Nobody spoke for a few seconds. The only sound present was the loud thumping of the Hemelian prince's heart.

"The dead don't belong in the land of the living," Kiana finally spoke, her words less than reassuring. Her hands slipped away from Jungkook's. "It is my part of the deal to comply with no questions asked."

"But— you can't leave, Kiana," Jungkook's lips trembled. He could feel his tears threaten to drip down his face. Grabbing Kiana's shoulders, the angel's voice cracked. "There must be a way for you to stay, yeah? Maybe—"

"Jungkook."

Hearing Taehyung's voice, Jungkook turned towards him. He was surprised to see that the Helian prince's eyes were glassy, as if he could break down in tears any second. Despite that, he kept his stance and crossed his arms over his chest. His expression was stern.

"I know how you feel," Taehyung paused and sucked in a shaky breath. His next words came in a low yet painful whisper. "But there's nothing we can do. Nobody can go against the laws of death."

Jungkook stared at Taehyung and tried to go his thoughts despite knowing that his abilities would just bounce off him like a shield. He wanted to reach his friend, to tell him that there had to be a way to keep Kiana— but at the back of his mind, he knew that was impossible.

"I have to go soon," Kiana's voice grew smaller with each word. She was biting her trembling bottom lip. "I have already bid my goodbyes to Sky. You two..."

When Jungkook felt a sudden tap on his shoulder, he nearly swung a fist in the air. He then realized it was Taehyung, who was massaging his shoulder whilst looking away, and relaxed under his touch. At the same time, it made him want to cry even harder.

"In my life of darkness, the two of you never failed to bring me light," Kiana had tears shimmering in her eyes and soon, a drop dripped down her cheek. "We promised each other that we'd shake the world together, right?"

Jungkook closed his eyes for a second and had a flashback of that childhood memory. They were sitting atop the railings of a balcony in Taehyung's palace that day. With a sworn promise of tears and blood, three children made a pact— together, they'd change the world.

"Even though the circumstances weren't so ideal," Kiana grabbed a hand from Jungkook and another from Taehyung. Her touch was warm. "We still tackled the world by storm, didn't we?"

At that moment, Taehyung suddenly sniffled loudly. His grip tight on Jungkook's shoulder, the angel turned to see that his friend was now full on crying, although his expression was hidden behind a hand clasped over his face.

"I should have never left," Taehyung's voice was muffled by his hand. "Macht, I should have spent more time with you and—"

"Taehyung," Kiana whispered slowly and looked up at Taehyung with a bright smile. "It's okay."

When it turned silent, Jungkook scanned their current position. The three of them were standing in a circular position and were connected by interlocked hands. With the soft yet depressing atmosphere in the air, it almost seemed like the universe was inviting them to hug.

And so it happened. Kiana leaned forward first and wrapped her arms around the two princes. The slight height difference forced her to stand on the tips of her toes. Jungkook immediately returned the hug and made sure to include Taehyung in his hold as well.

For a while, the three stayed in that hug. The silence wasn't suffocating, instead it was something that comforted them. Jungkook tightened his grip around his two best friends. He wished this moment would last forever— this was the last time they'd be together as three.

"I love you two so much," Kiana whispered, her voice cracking due to her tears. This caused Jungkook to sob loudly. "Always remember that."

"We'll miss you," Jungkook was surprised when Taehyung spoke those words instead of him. He dug his face into Kiana's shoulder. "We'll miss you a lot."

Kiana pulled away from the hug, tears trickling down her smooth face. She smiled and leaned in once more to give the two princes a short yet sweet kiss— Taehyung on the cheek, Jungkook on the lips.

"I will too," Kiana started walking backwards and Jungkook instinctively tightened his grip around her wrist. Taehyung did the same, he could tell by the way his knees buckled. "You two have gone so far. You're basically soaring."

Jungkook wanted to scream, to cry at Kiana to stay with him for the rest of eternity... but he knew better than that. Her soul needed peace, one thing that could only be given to her by Macht's angels in the afterlife. And as much as he loved her with all of his heart— he knew that the best choice, for all of them, was to let go.

With a small smile and fresh hot tears streaming down his face, Jungkook slowly loosened his grip around Kiana's wrist. This made him realize that Taehyung had let go long ago, leaving the Hemelian prince holding on.

Kiana continued to give off that beautiful smile, one that never seemed to stop sparkling even in the pitch black darkness. Jungkook took in every detail of her face, every crevice and every flaw. He wanted to burn the image into his mind.

"I'll always be with you."

When Kiana's figure started to fade, Jungkook instinctively reached out to her. Before he could step forward, Taehyung grabbed his hand and clasped it tight. He was crying too, silently.

"Always."

And in seconds, Kiana was gone. Her figure turned transparent as she faded completely, glittering purple mist dissipating over the area where she stood. It rose to the sky and swirled before it disappeared.

Jungkook could feel the warmth of Taehyung's hand against his own. For a few moments, all was quiet. He just stared at the empty field before him with wide and teary eyes. Then, as if the angel had been hit by a tidal wave, he came upon a realization—

"Kiana is gone," Jungkook whispered to himself, the tears dripping down his chin. "She's gone, Tae, forever."

Taehyung's sharp gaze fell on Jungkook's face. He didn't say anything and instead continued to stare. The angel expected to be screamed at for his selfishness and cowardice, for all the tears he shed.

Contrary to what Jungkook expected, Taehyung slammed his forehead against his instead. The Hemelian prince whimpered at the pain that jolted through his head.

"You're holding yourself back," Taehyung was crying too but his tone was solid and firm. "If you want to sob out loud to the fucking world then do it."

Taehyung's words made something inside Jungkook snap. He started to sob loudly, not caring if everyone else could hear him, as the Helian prince pulled him into a comforting hug. No words were spoken. The other's presence was more than enough.

Jungkook may have lost the woman he had given his heart to— but he did regain his best friend.

-

Shay sneezed loudly due to the dust surrounding her. She slowly peered from over a pile of rubble to inspect whether you and Yoongi were still in the room or not. After figuring out that they weren't, the princess carefully came out of her hiding place.

Although Shay wanted to fight, she knew her limitations. With an injured wrist and proof that the guardian really was as strong as stories say, she knew that the best course of action was to gather the Great Six and battle as a team. Gripping her staff, she carefully walked over the rocks.

Shay walked outside the room whilst rubbing her aching wrist. Whispering a healing spell to herself, her wound stung as she wandered outside. Glancing around, the Helian immediately spotted a shiny metal object glint in the corner of her eye.

Instinctively pointing her glowing staff at whatever was sparkling, Shay paused when she realized that it wasn't a person. Instead, it was your katana, which was stabbed into the one of the stone steps. She took a moment to wonder what the weapon was doing here without you.

Shay looked up and squinted her eyes. There was a pillar of light above, one bounced from one side to the other, almost as if there was a hole in the wall. Failing to piece things together, she slammed her staff to the ground and teleported outside.

Remembering the plan, Shay let herself appear at the side of the tower. The first thing she noticed was the ground, which was cracked and soaking wet. She figured that a storm brewed in Hel's skies, which was a pretty rare occasion in itself.

"Bell, Medusa, Massimo?," Shay called out as her soles squelched against the muddy ground. "Where are you guys?!"

Shay had a bad feeling swirling at the bottom of her gut. Somehow, she felt nauseous. Thinking that someone was out to ambush her, the princess raised her staff with gritted teeth. She eyed the area and braced herself for an attack.

That was when Shay came across a body. At first she thought it was one of the wonders, maybe even yours, and smiled. Lowering her weapon, she walked towards it and froze when she recognized the clumps of long and curly pink hair.

Belladonna was sprawled on the ground, her eyes glassy and swollen. Dried tears were stained on her cheeks, along with bubbled saliva that pooled beneath her head. Sickly dark veins could be seen through her pale skin.

Shay stood there in complete silence. She stared at Belladonna's body and hoped to catch her chest rising and falling. When a few seconds passed and the young girl remained still, she sucked in a breath.

With slow and heavy steps, Shay continued to walk until she was right in front of Belladonna. Kneeling down, the princess closed the little girl's eyes with trembling fingers.

Shay took deep breaths and turned away from Belladonna's body. Recalling the plan, she knew that Medusa should be located around here somewhere. She walked away whilst biting her bottom lip hard.

Not bothering to call anyone's name, Shay paused when she suddenly dropped her staff. The Helian princess cursed loudly as she picked it up and for a moment, she stayed in that knelt position. One thought crossed her mind— Get a hold of yourself, be strong.

A few minutes of silent trekking later, Shay spotted Medusa. The snake enchantress was laying on her back, her long white hair cut short with blunt edges and the lightning bolt in her abdomen still crackling. A pool of blood was underneath her, along with some dripping down her mouth.

Shay sat on the ground with both knees bent and stared. Since Medusa's eyes were closed, she didn't lean in. Instead, she spoke with a shaky breath. "Medusa?"

"Yes, princess?," Medusa's unexpected reply almost made Shay jump out of her skin. The snake enchantress laughed as she coughed out blood. "Why the long face?"

Shay smiled a bit and reached in to hold Medusa's hand. She hesitated and retracted it, a loud sigh escaping her lips. "What happened to your hair? You've been growing it out for three years, right?"

Medusa continued to cough, the drops of blood splattering across both of their chests. Still, she laughed, the blood coating her teeth. She reached out to her white hair and ended up staining some strands in red.

"Long story," Medusa exhaled loudly, her hand dropping to her side. "No time."

Shay's smile fell. Medusa closed her eyes, her breathing patterns irregular and concerning. The princess grabbed the lighting bolt with no hesitation and pulled it out. This caused the snake enchantress to convulse slightly in pain.

Rubbing her hands together, Shay hovered her palms over Medusa's abdomen wound and prepared to cast a healing spell. But for some reason, she froze. Glancing at her teammate, the princess thought about what she, they had always wanted— freedom.

Moving away from the wound, Shay hovered a hand over Medusa's face instead. Her teary eyes glowed purple as she whispered a chant under her breath. She could feel her whole body tremble as she casted the spell, a familiar one that Illusia taught her a while back.

Medusa's eyes snapped open. Her reptilian orbs were glassy and white. Their surroundings changed— around them was a deep blue color, the ground was replaced by soft white clouds. Bright light spilled from above and at the two Helian magicals.

"Princess," Medusa whispered and reached out a bloody hand upwards. The cottony clouds swirled in between her fingers. "Where are we?"

Shay was about to reply but her throat suddenly closed. Inhaling sharply, her voice shook a bit as she spoke. "Medusa, this... is the sky. What's in your hand is a cloud."

Medusa didn't question why they were suddenly in the high sky and Shay figured that she didn't have the energy to. "It's just as soft as I imagined... and just as beautiful."

Shay didn't say anything for a while. She just stared at Medusa, who continued to run her fingers through the clouds. The snake enchantress suddenly convulsed violently and coughed out a disturbing amount of blood.

This nearly resulted in Shay's spell shattering but she focused her magic before it could. Medusa then turned towards her, that familiar cocky grin on her face. "Shay."

Shay was stunned at how Medusa called by her actual name instead of snarky nicknames like princess or beautiful. She swallowed dryly before she replied. "Yes?"

"Thank you."

Medusa closed her eyes as her raised hand fell limply next to her. Shay, who could see the exact moment when the snake enchantress' soul left her body, ended up breaking the spell. The soft and bright surroundings were erased and the princess was back in the barren and bloody wasteland.

Shay shut her eyes tightly. She clasped her still trembling hands together and pressed them against her forehead. A single thought played in her mind in a loop as she inhaled deeply— Be strong, be strong, be—

Tears started to pour down Shay's cheeks as she sobbed. She crouched down over Medusa's body and cried to herself silently, all the while the sky above her cleared, its grey clouds fading to reveal a bright light.

Shay shed tears of both sorrow and joy. Sorrow due to the loss of a dear teammate and friend. Joy... because despite Medusa's death, the princess knew that the snake enchantress was finally free.

-

A/N - OOF i'm so sorry for the (super) late upload cos exams :(( but I (hopefully) made up for it with 9k words of angst!!!! Hooray??

So yeah that very cryptic message i posted on my wattpad wall about saying goodbye to a certain character was actually about kiana! I'm actually very sad to see her go, especially cos tae, jk and her would have been such a power trio :(( But yeah im going to officially say that kiana is gone for good :((((

on a positive note, tae broke free from the corruption and is back to his (semi) loving self!!! but that last bit.... i rlly love the great six and so does shay :((( They were her family in a way

anyways ion wanna send yall off to wait a week for another chap with these sad af thoughts so i'm going to share some lovely fanart with you guys!!! (Cant post them all here tho but will do so in a future chap dedicated to fan art!!)

The Bristene siblings by GUCCAEKTH !!

and

Amazing comics by @Talenaberg !!!

1. Bon Voyage S4

2. Single Men Nation (i laughed so hard at this pls)

That concludes it! Thank you so so much for the fanart and love!! See y'all in chap 87!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 1K 40
❪BTS - 방탄 소년단❫ ❝His dreams come true, so do his 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴.❞ •••• BTS FF A Horror + Mystery + Suspense (au) Highest Ranking: (yet to come)...
519 22 6
First of all I want to say that I'm no professional once or ever in writing novels/imagines. All of this are original any coincidence with another st...
235K 9.1K 30
|| Status : ☑|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" 《WARNIN...
4.5K 426 23
I woke up jerking, my hands clutching the blanket. The same dream all over again! it's been a month since I last dreamt about it. The girl. Kerria H...