Imperfect Romance: One-shot S...

Від DeadlyMidget

This is a one-shot series type of sequel of my fanfic 'Imperfect Romance' about Miyuki Kazuya and Yukimura Ai... Більше

Christmas Date
Snapped/MiyuAi
The New Manager
Ai Gets Jealous
The Evil Genius
The Interrogation
Intervention: Miyuki Edition
The First Fight
MiyuAi Goes Country
Valentine's Day
The First Anniversary
Late to the Party
Baby It's Cold Outside
Ai Gets Sick
Fatal Misunderstandings
Ai Gets A New Friend
New Friendships
Mending Relationships
Playing Cupid
Wife Material

Home Sweet Home

462 9 0
Від DeadlyMidget

In an effort of becoming a better boyfriend Miyuki invited Ai to spend the winter break at his house. According to his research girls like it when they get invited to their boyfriend's houses because... Well he really didn't get it. But it was something about things getting more serious, a deeper connection, trust or whatever. He really didn't get it but it worked because she was ecstatic when he invited her. So ecstatic to the point that she left with him on the same day that he left Seido for the break.

"Home sweet home." Miyuki said sarcastically as he opened the door of his house and let Ai go in first.

"Thanks! Aren't you such a gentleman?" Ai teased as she set her bag on the floor next to him and examined the dining room and the narrow kitchen that looked untouched.

Miyuki just chuckled as he closed the door behind him. "I'm always a gentleman." He quipped as he slid his fingers across the kitchen counter. 'More like home dust home.'

Ai rolled her eyes as she looked around.

"Is this your mother?" She asked him as she pointed to a picture of him and his parents when he was an infant.

He was caught off guard by her question as he dropped his eyes on the picture. "Yes." He smiled remembering his mother.

"She was really beautiful. You resemble her a lot," Ai said as she looked around not trying to make him uncomfortable. "And you were such a cute baby too." She cooed as she playfully pinched his cheeks.

"Of course I was." He teased making her giggle.

"Oh! It seems like your father left you something." She noted as she pointed to the plate of food on the dining table.

The catcher followed her line of sight and softly smiled to himself. It was not a surprise since he did that last year as well.

"That's nice isn't it?" She said as she examined it.

"It would be nicer if it were homemade or have some miso soup to go with it," He retorted as he made his way to the fridge. "This house is full of dust and I was probably the last person who cleaned it LAST YEAR," Miyuki let out an exasperated sigh as he opened the fridge. "Typical him. There is nothing here but beer. I have to clean AND go grocery shopping because this is ridiculous. See? This is why I told you that it would be better if you came tomorrow." The catcher grumbled. Just like Ai at her house, Miyuki was/is the one who takes cares of the household chores since his father only works and drinks on his time off.

Ai giggled. "Kazu-chan I already told you that I don't care about that," She reminded him as she hugged him from behind. "I don't mind because I know this would probably be my case if I lived away from home," She said making him laugh when his mind went back to her father. "We will clean and go grocery shopping together. It will be so much fun and I'm so happy that we are here together!" Ai gushed.

Miyuki grinned to himself in victory. "And I'm so happy that you are here too." He said to her as he gave her a small peck on the lips. "And that you get so excited about cleaning."

"As vain as I may look sometimes I actually love housework and wouldn't mind being a housewife. It's so relaxing," Ai explained dreamily. "Now let's get to work!" She exclaimed. "I'll start with the living room while you do the kitchen so you can organize it to your liking and then we can make a shopping list." She suggested as she removed her black jacket and rolled up the sleeves of her grey sweater that she wore with dark washed jeans.

"Sounds like a plan," He said amused with her enthusiasm as he looked for cleaning supplies. "It seems like you are going to be a good housewife."

"Honestly sometimes I think that's my true calling in life." Ai said in agreement.

"Well show me what you got sweetheart." The catcher joked as he handed her a broom.

*Time Skip*

The house was left spotless after they spent the entire morning cleaning and now the kitchen was stocked with other things other than beer. They made lunch and set a plate for the elder Miyuki just in case he decided to come from his shop even though they weren't really expecting him to come.

"We make such a good team don't you think so?" Ai asked as she happily dug into her rice.

"I think so too," Miyuki who was next to her nodded as took a bite of his pork cutlet. "It would have taken me so much longer without you, so thanks babe." He added affectionately as he squeezed her hand.

She gave him a small smile. "Aren't you being so nice lately?" She gushed.

"I'm always nice." He teased with a grin.

Ai giggled. "Maybe it's the Christmas spirit," She joked. "Regardless I like it a lot."

'Yes! Two points so far today.' Miyuki internally cheered for himself as he continued eating. He is such a genius.

"You are already home Kazuya?" He heard his father called out as he came into the kitchen as Ai perked up in surprise.

"Oh hi Dad," Miyuki lazily greeted and then realized that his father was probably confused now. "This is my girlfriend Yukimura Ai and I invited to her spend the break with me." He introduced her pointing out.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miyuki-san." Ai greeted politely as she scanned him. Miyuki's father was around the same height as the catcher with similar builds, short brown hair, and he had his navy blue uniform indicating that he has been working all day.

"My name is Miyuki Toku and it is a pleasure to meet you as well," He greeted as he sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. "I didn't know you had a girlfriend Kazuya." He added as he made his way to the fridge and took a can of beer before sitting across his son.

The younger Miyuki narrowed his eyes in suspicion at the elder. "We've been dating for a while now." He vaguely explained. There was something wrong here.

"Define a while." His father demanded as he took a swig of his beer.

"February 16th." He replied. "Right?" He asked Ai who was in the middle of the two males.

"Yes," Ai happily nodded. "You remembered."

"Of course I remembered." Miyuki winked at her.

"I'm assuming you guys go to the same school." The elder male piped up as he picked up his bowl of rice.

"Yes sir," Ai said as she turned to him. "We have been in the same class since our first year."

"That's nice," He said almost in a bored tone. "Did you two cooked this? It's good." He complimented.

Miyuki just stared at him dumbfounded.

"Yes we did," She replied. "I'm glad you liked it."

"It seems like you got yourself a pretty nice girl Kazuya." His father said making heat rush to Ai's cheeks.

"She is." Miyuki nodded in agreement.

Ai beamed at him.

'Three points so far.' He mentally counted.

"So how was school?" Toku asked the teenagers in the same disinterested tone.

Miyuki narrowed his eyes at his father once again.

"It was good. Finals were a bit hard though but nothing impossible." Ai replied in her boyfriend's place not fazed by his father's tone at all since she was already used to it at home.

"Good to hear."

"Dad," Miyuki began in a suspicious tone. "Not to be rude but... What are you doing here?" He finally asked.

"I'm having lunch with my son and his girlfriend." He deadpanned.

"I can see that." The catcher gritted through his teeth annoyed.

"So why are you asking me?"

"Because you never have lunch with me," Miyuki spat out as he set his bowl down on the table. "Now spill. What do you want?" He asked in a suspicious tone.

"Kazuya!" Ai reprimanded him for his harsh tone which he just ignored.

Toku just let out an exasperated sigh as he scratched his head. "Fine you win," He relented. "Your teacher at school called me concerned before the trimester ended."

Both teenagers cocked their heads in confusion prompting for the older man to explain himself.

"She told me that you guys were in class when she asked you something related to family-I can't even remember- and you told her and I quote 'I can't relate' along with another girl in the class, so she asked me if there was something going on at home and urged me to spend more time with you so here I' am." He elaborated.

Miyuki and Ai burst out laughing since they couldn't contain it anymore.

"D-dad that was a," He tried to explain in between fits of laughter. "It was a joke." He managed as he wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes.

"I still remember when you did that," Ai tried to stifle her laughter. "Kuramochi-kun looked as if he was about to die." She added.

"What do you mean? You also said that you couldn't relate." Miyuki accused between hiccups.

"So you were the other girl?" The elder Miyuki asked confused by their actions.

She nodded. "It was me," She confirmed before her eyes widened in realization. "Wait! That means that the teacher probably called my father too."

"You think so?" Miyuki asked as he took a sip of his water to calm himself down.

"Yes, it makes perfect sense!" Ai exclaimed. "No wonder we had dinner yesterday which we never do," She said mostly to herself. "Oh! And the Christmas present too."

"Everything makes so much more sense now." Miyuki said as he turned to his father with an accusing glare.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He exclaimed. "I'm spending time with you now." He defended himself.

"After my teacher called you concerned!" The catcher retorted.

"Does it really matter now?" His father tried to diffuse the situation.

"Of course it matters!" Miyuki exclaimed. "You want to spend time and score points with me but you are not even trying."

"I'm here!" He maintained.

"It's not enough!"

"I left you a meal didn't you see it?"

The catcher shot him a side-eye. "A meal? That's hardly a meal when you didn't left me some miso soup." Miyuki scoffed.

"It's the thought that counts."

Miyuki scoffed. "What thought? You did the same thing last year and I reprimanded you for the same thing as well," He argued not trying to lose his cool. "You know what? You need to learn from Ai-chan's father."

His father cocked an eyebrow in inquiry. "Why?"

Ai who was happily eating her food without meddling perked up at the mention of her name.

"Because at least he tried to buy her love with dinner and a Christmas gift," Miyuki dramatically explained as he took a page out of his girlfriend's book. "Right Ai-chan?"

Ai nodded. "He gave me this white gold charm bracelet." She gushed as she raised her right wrist up in the air to showcase her new sparkling gift.

The catcher's father tentatively eyed both of them. "It's that what you want me to do? To buy your love and affection with gifts?" He asked in faux disbelief.

"Might as well so I can at least pretend that you know that I exist." He retorted making his father flinch. The former was expecting him to say some cheesy thing about love being invaluable.

He rubbed his temples tiredly. "Does that really work?" The elder asked turning to Ai.

"I love my father so much now," Ai replied in a sarcastic tone. "It might even last until the end of February or even March depending on whether or not he gets me something for my birthday." She shrieked in excitement thinking about the endless possibilities.

"Your father is a smart man." He deadpanned as he examined the bracelet on her wrist.

"He is," Miyuki agreed. "Because guess what? He also gave me a Christmas gift." He shot back.

"Oh really now?" Toku asked sarcastically

"Yes, he did. He got me a jersey from the Tokyo Giants," Miyuki said trying to make him feel guilty. "Ai gets a charm bracelet from her father and what does Kazuya gets? Kazuya gets a measly 'meal' along with a dusty house and a fridge full of beer when he can't even drink!" He added as he dramatically huffed.

"The house looks clean to me." His father shrugged as he resumed drinking his beer not really interested in the conversation anymore.

"Because we both cleaned it AND did the grocery shopping!" The younger male exclaimed.

"It's not my fault that you can't handle a little dust," He shrugged again. "Can I just eat in peace now?"

Miyuki shot him daggers.

"Fine, fine," The elder flinched as he rubbed his temples again. "What do you want so you can leave me alone and not have your teachers call me?" He asked as he set his drink down on the table.

"I don't know maybe just maybe," Miyuki began wondering out loud. "Kazuya needs a new phone because he dropped it and cracked the screen really really bad which doesn't really matter because he has had it since for a long time now and it was overdue for an upgrade anyways." He casually suggested as he averted his gaze.

Ai rolled her eyes.

"You dropped your phone?!" His father asked with his tone turning angry.

"Oh my God! You are one of those people who goes around with a cracked phone?" Ai asked in disappointment as she looked at him up and down. "I can't relate." She joked.

Miyuki glared at her.

"So this is what this is about? All of this guilt-tripping to get me to buy you a new phone without me getting mad at you." Toku accused figuring out his son's plan.

The bestacled catcher just looked away not confirming nor denying his accusation. "I don't know why are we talking about me and my phone when the topic at hand is your lack of parenting." He casually shot back.

As if he was going to admit to the truth.

Yes, he was guilt-tripping his father since he saw his opportunity when his father brought up the 'quality time' topic.

Did he felt bad about it? Not, at all.

The elder rolled his eyes. "Why do you need a new phone for if the screen is just cracked?"

"Unbelievable." Miyuki scoffed in disbelief. "The one thing I ask for and you don't even want to get it for me."

"Relax drama queen," His father mildly scolded. "I never said that. I'm just asking why do you want a new one? What do you need it for ? Who are you going to talk to?"

Miyuki gave his father a look of confusion and wondered if Ai has been rubbing off on him with her dramatics but then decided to think about that later to just dramatically gasped. "What it's that supposed to mean?" He pretended to be offended.

"You know what's that supposed to mean." His father shot back in amusement. Even though they were not really close they always bantered since they both shared a similar sense of humor.

Then the catcher's eyes glinted when he realized that he could score another point with Ai in that moment.

"I need a new phone because otherwise how am I supposed to snapchat or text properly with Ai-chan?" Miyuki said as if it was a huge issue while pointing at her. "Since it's old with no space I can't use the latest updates which means that I don't get the newest filters and plus it's CRACKED. It's so hard to text. How can I properly communicate with my beloved girlfriend like that? That's really important for me y'know." He dramatically added.

"Awww baby." Ai gushed as grasped her chest clearly touched by his expression. "I didn't know that was that important for you."

'Four points!' Miyuki happily thought to himself. He clearly is outdoing himself today. First Ai and now his father.

"Kazuya is right Miyuki-san," Ai turned to him with an urgent tone. "He practically only has the dog filter and the flower crown -you know, the basic ones- and while it's cute it's really a problem because there is no variety for us." She explained as she bored her eyes into his trying to convey the urgency of the problem.

"I don't know what the hell a snapchat is," Toku said confused. "And I really don't care," He admitted. "If a new phone is what it takes for you to be happy and to start pretending to relate to family structures are, then we can go get you a new one while you are here." He relented.

"I can do that." Miyuki said in agreement grinning to himself.

"Yes!" Ai happily clapped.

"Now let me eat and drink in peace!"

"Yes sir!" They simultaneously exclaimed.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

8.2K 348 12
It all happened so fast. One minute they were together, then the next they weren't. As Kazuya mourns after the loss of his lover, two years and seven...
52 2 3
Pairing: Eijun Sawamura/Kazuya Miyuki Fandom: Daiya No Ace / Diamond No Ace Status: Ongoing ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ NOTES: I DO...
161K 3.5K 123
Diamond no Ace X reader fanfic! I hope you like it 😉
12K 295 18
This is a sequel of my story, "Sekai Romantica." Do not worry. No more cheating for Usagi-san. This story will be filled with fluff and adorableness.