Christmas Date

If you know Miyuki Kazuya then it won't probably come as a surprise that he doesn't really particularly care for Christmas just like he doesn't particularly care for a lot of things. Which kinda annoyed his girlfriend Ai and always scolded him for 'not having a strong opinion about anything other than baseball.' Miyuki doesn't really agree with that though, at least not when it came to the holiday. In Japan, Christmas was the most romantic day of the year which is very different from America or other western countries. He has never had a girlfriend before so how was he expected to care for the holiday? Ai couldn't find amy retort to his argument which made him gloat with victory.

This year, however was different. He had a girlfriend and it was only fair that they went out on a date on this day along with the fact that they had to take advantage of the winter break. So naturally Miyuki wanted this day to be perfect. Not just because it was their first Christmas date but also because he wanted to make it up for her. Last year, he broke her heart when she confessed her feelings for him by denying that he had any feelings for her when deep inside he knew that he also felt something for her. Therefore this year he wanted to make Christmas extra special for her.

When he proposed to go on a date Ai was ecstatic much to his delight which showed him that he was already in the right path with her. He suggested to go to a french pastry baking class because she loved sweets and her favorite were macarons while he didn't know much about baking and wanted to learn just because he didn't like the idea of her being better in the kitchen than him even if it was just about baking. Miyuki was oddly competitive like that sometimes.

"Kazuya don't you think this apron looks really cute?" Ai asked as she twirled in amusement making her short flowy red skirt move with her.

Miyuki who was tying the knot on his white apron that was over his red sweater behind his back turned to see her with a smirk. She was wearing the same white apron as him but her's was frilly instead. "Who knew you could be childish sometimes?" He teased.

Ai shot him a glare and then stuck her tongue out at him. Her childish outburst making them both laugh.

"Alright, are you guys ready?" A brunette slim petite woman asked the whole class who had her hair in a neat bun wearing a chef outfit standing in the middle of the room in front of her cooking station. They all nodded to show that they were ready as Ai pushed up the sleeves of her grey sweater.

"As you may know we are going to learn how to make french macarons this evening. So listen carefully and please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any," She began. "First, preheat your oven to 280°F. It is of utmost importance that the oven doesn't run too hot because then the macarons will collapse." The chef instructed.

"I'm going to do it." Miyuki said as he bent down to the oven in their station and turned it on.

"Aren't you a little eager?" Ai teased him.

"I'm just trying to be a gentleman." The catcher insisted which made her giggle.

"Once you are done with that take your baking sheets and line it with parchment paper," She continued as she demonstrated her instructions. "After that you do that, pour ⅔ cup of almond flour, 1 ½ cup of confectioners' sugar, a pinch of salt, and cocoa powder if you wish to make a chocolate filling in one of the bowls that you have. Once you do that whisk it all together until they are fully incorporated and making sure that there are no lumps."

"Don't worry, I won't use cocoa powder." Ai said to Miyuki as she took a bowl and started pouring the almond flour.

"You know me so well my dear." He said with a cheeky grin as he measured the confectioner's sugar and then poured into the bowl.