The First Fight

Everything was going well so far. Inviting Ai to his house, getting rid of his cozy sweater, and enduring that shopping trip from hell seems to be paying off. She is not suspecting a thing. He might get away with it after all. Sometimes he gets paranoid when she asks why is he being so nice to her all of the sudden but he always brushes it off as a joke without forgetting to complimenting her. Finally Ai's vanity is useful for him.

But so far so good.

'I'm such a genius.' The catcher thought as he grinned to himself.

"What are you smiling about like an idiot?" Kuramochi who was sitting across from him asked.

"Nothing." Miyuki replied with a teasing grin.

They were currently during lunch period eating in class. Ai was in some meeting that Miyuki couldn't recall what was for, but she didn't leave before leaving him his bento for the day.

"That grin of yours tell me that you are up to no good," The shortstop scoffed as he took a piece of chicken from Miyuki's bento and ate it. "Damn! This is good. You are so lucky to have Yukimura."

"I'm lucky in many ways." The catcher said as he looked at his friend eating his food in amusement.

"You sure are," Kuramochu exclaimed. "I still can't believe that Yukimura hasn't find out about your dirty tricks."

That damn Kuramochi! Sharp as always.

"I have been working overtime like we talked the other time and I think it's working." Miyuki revealed as he took a bite of his rice.

"Oh yeah? What have you been doing?" He asked in curiosity.

Miyuki took a deep breath as he scanned his surroundings to make sure that Ai was not anywhere near even though he knew that was impossible. However he couldn't take any chances.

"Well I first started by inviting her to brunch remember?" He began.

"Of course how could I forget that brilliant idea? Compensating breaking someone's heart with steak and eggs? Genius!" Kuramochi said in a mocking tone.

Miyuki rolled his eyes as he decided to ignore it. "After that remember that I scored points with her when I showed her how much I valued our privacy," He continued. "Then for the break I invited her home which is the biggest thing I've done." The catcher said proud of himself.

"That's a good one," Kuramochi nodded. "So she met your parents?"

"Yes," Miyuki confirmed not bothering in clarifying that he only had one living parent. "They liked each other so that was a plus. I also guilt tripped my dad into buying me a new phone in front of her with the pretext of wanting better communicate with her." He snickered.

"She probably ate that up." The shortstop added.

"The cherry on top was when I said that I wanted to 'snapchat properly with her too' since I didn't have the latest updates." Miyuki said as he laughed remembering back to that day.

"It's that why I see you in my snapchat stories so frequently?" He asked.

"Yup, I've been taking those weird pictures with the dog filters with her every time she asks since she likes it so much." The catcher explained.

"You are really a manipulative twisted bastard." Kuramochi said both in disgust and admiration.

"I'm a genius." Miyuki boasted.

"You are still burnt toast if she finds out." Kuramochi dead panned.

Miyuki frowned knowing that his friend was right.