Home Sweet Home

In an effort of becoming a better boyfriend Miyuki invited Ai to spend the winter break at his house. According to his research girls like it when they get invited to their boyfriend's houses because... Well he really didn't get it. But it was something about things getting more serious, a deeper connection, trust or whatever. He really didn't get it but it worked because she was ecstatic when he invited her. So ecstatic to the point that she left with him on the same day that he left Seido for the break.

"Home sweet home." Miyuki said sarcastically as he opened the door of his house and let Ai go in first.

"Thanks! Aren't you such a gentleman?" Ai teased as she set her bag on the floor next to him and examined the dining room and the narrow kitchen that looked untouched.

Miyuki just chuckled as he closed the door behind him. "I'm always a gentleman." He quipped as he slid his fingers across the kitchen counter. 'More like home dust home.'

Ai rolled her eyes as she looked around.

"Is this your mother?" She asked him as she pointed to a picture of him and his parents when he was an infant.

He was caught off guard by her question as he dropped his eyes on the picture. "Yes." He smiled remembering his mother.

"She was really beautiful. You resemble her a lot," Ai said as she looked around not trying to make him uncomfortable. "And you were such a cute baby too." She cooed as she playfully pinched his cheeks.

"Of course I was." He teased making her giggle.

"Oh! It seems like your father left you something." She noted as she pointed to the plate of food on the dining table.

The catcher followed her line of sight and softly smiled to himself. It was not a surprise since he did that last year as well.

"That's nice isn't it?" She said as she examined it.

"It would be nicer if it were homemade or have some miso soup to go with it," He retorted as he made his way to the fridge. "This house is full of dust and I was probably the last person who cleaned it LAST YEAR," Miyuki let out an exasperated sigh as he opened the fridge. "Typical him. There is nothing here but beer. I have to clean AND go grocery shopping because this is ridiculous. See? This is why I told you that it would be better if you came tomorrow." The catcher grumbled. Just like Ai at her house, Miyuki was/is the one who takes cares of the household chores since his father only works and drinks on his time off.

Ai giggled. "Kazu-chan I already told you that I don't care about that," She reminded him as she hugged him from behind. "I don't mind because I know this would probably be my case if I lived away from home," She said making him laugh when his mind went back to her father. "We will clean and go grocery shopping together. It will be so much fun and I'm so happy that we are here together!" Ai gushed.

Miyuki grinned to himself in victory. "And I'm so happy that you are here too." He said to her as he gave her a small peck on the lips. "And that you get so excited about cleaning."

"As vain as I may look sometimes I actually love housework and wouldn't mind being a housewife. It's so relaxing," Ai explained dreamily. "Now let's get to work!" She exclaimed. "I'll start with the living room while you do the kitchen so you can organize it to your liking and then we can make a shopping list." She suggested as she removed her black jacket and rolled up the sleeves of her grey sweater that she wore with dark washed jeans.

"Sounds like a plan," He said amused with her enthusiasm as he looked for cleaning supplies. "It seems like you are going to be a good housewife."

"Honestly sometimes I think that's my true calling in life." Ai said in agreement.