Animal

By Czarcsm

Myra Mirandinelle Gray is easily sucked into a life she didn't expect after she attends a party for graduatin... More

Animal
Chapter Two: Great...
Chapter Three: And So We Meet Again...
Chapter Four: Answers
Chapter Five: Him
Chapter Six: Drama
Chapter Seven: Shine
Chapter Eight: Space
Chapter Nine: Devotion
Chapter Eleven: The Party & After Party (Part I)
Chapter Twelve: The Party & After Party (Part II)
Chapter Thirteen: Welcome Back... Dad
Chapter Fourteen: Apologies Are For The Weak
Chapter Fifteen: One Day Women Will All Become Monsters
Chapter Sixteen: Take Over, The Break's Over
Chapter Seventeen: Waiting
Chapter Eighteen: Blue Dream
Chapter Nineteen: Confide In Me
Chapter Twenty: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-One: At Last
Chapter Twenty-Two: Don't Let Me Down
Chapter Twenty-Three: In Too Far
Chapter Twenty-Four: I Need You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Diamond
Chapter Twenty-Six: Graduation
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Control
Chapter Twenty-Eight: 28
Chapter Twenty-Nine: August
Chapter Thirty: Dark Moves of Love
Chapter Thirty-One: The Ice Is Getting Thinner
Chapter Thirty-Two: Proud
Chapter Thirty-Three: Paradise
Chapter Thirty-Four: Hallucinations
Chapter Thirty-Five: Red Lipstick
Chapter Thirty-Six: Enough Said
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Animals *Final Chapter*

Chapter Ten: In Friends We Trust

21.8K 648 27
By Czarcsm

Chapter Ten—In Friends We Trust

I stared at Ashton with a blank expression, did he just say what I think he said? Because if I heard him correctly he just said something about me and my house. “Uh, could you repeat that for me, I might still have water in my ear from my shower.” Ash just chuckled and stood up.

“After you get dressed, I’m gonna drive you home.” Ashton said. I breathed a sigh of relief. I thought he meant something else by ‘we’re going to your house’ got a bit panicky over here. “And I’m going to tell K.D to go back home.” I stared bug-eyed at him. “If Klayden doesn’t listen, then I’ll tell you to get a suitcase, pack your things and give them to me because you’ll be staying with me.”

“K.D won’t let you take me without a fight.” I said. Ashton grinned.

“I know, but you let me handle that, okay?” He said. “Let’s go.” 

“Wait, uh, we’re leaving now?” I asked, I was scared. I didn’t know how Ashton thought this was gonna go down in his mind, but in mine it wasn’t gonna be a happy sight. Ashton just laughed at me and took my hand, directing me out of the house to my car. I let him drive—well actually he just got in the drivers seat. I didn’t have much of a choice. I wanted to talk to Ash the whole time he was driving but I kept picturing what could happen, and what would happen. “I don’t think you should do this.” I said as Ashton pulled up in my driveway. Ash turned and looked at me.

“Worst-case scenario K.D’ll lunge at me, trying to intimidate me. He has no idea who I am because of what region he’s in. But if he touches you, or me, he’ll find out who’s territory he’s on.” Ashton said cupping my face in his hand. “Don’t be scared, I’ll be here with you the whole way.” Ash got out the car before I did and opened the door for me. I got out and walked in through the front door. Ash stood behind me in a possessive-protective manner. As soon as we both were in the house and the door was shut, the boys came out to lecture me, but stopped in their place once they saw who was behind me. 

“Figures.” Kai snickered. 

“What are you doing here?” Kyle asked. 

“That’s a good question, this isn’t your territory. Two alpha’s aren’t supposed to be on the same land.” K.D said stepping in. I opened my mouth to say something but Ashton wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him firmly. 

“Klayden Dre’Veis Jervaid Corvan, of the Luperca Honi Pack. This is Amoux Fenris territory, which is my territory.” Ashton said. “You are no alpha to me, just a teenager that wants something he can’t have.” K.D clenched his jaw.

“You think you know everything don’t you?” K.D asked. “You don’t know shit, and that girl isn’t yours—she never will be—”

“Watch your tongue. I’ve been alpha longer than you’ve been breathing, I suggest you choose your words wisely because I will not hesitate ripping out your trachea.” Ash said quickly cutting K.D off. “I didn’t come here to fight, I came to assure you that you will not see my mate ever again—you will not think of my mate ever again, or I will kill you and entire pack.”

“Well, I’m not leaving.” K.D said standing his ground. Ashton laughed.

“I knew you would say that, go get your things Myra.” Ashton said letting go of me. As I was walking upstairs I saw Kyle and Kai meet my gaze they shook their heads. I just kept going up the stairs, I could still hear them in the distance, K.D was trying to make himself out to be a strong alpha but he was just making himself look like a fool. I pulled out my suitcase and began shoving everything in it, everything that I needed of course. My phone rang and I answered it, Roxie.

“Hey!” I heard from the other line. “I’d been trying your phone all morning.”

“Hey, Roxie, sorry I was at my… boyfriends.” I said. Roxie made an ‘ooh’ noise in approval. I just giggled. I heard Candy in the background squealing.

“You have a BOYFRIEND?” I heard in the background. I laughed.

“Yeah, that’s why I’ve been so busy. I’m really sorry for ignoring you guys and pushing you all off to the side.” I said sincerely. 

“That’s totally fine, as long as you didn’t forget about us. That’s all that matters right?” Roxie asked. “We’d hate to lose you, Myra-moo, you’re a really great friend.” I frowned when I heard that because I thought about what Ashton told me. I hadn’t been completely honest with them and I really needed to.

“Are you two busy today?” I asked. 

“Uhhhh… no. No, we’re not, why what’s up?” I heard Candy in the background. 

“I’ll probably have to ask my boyfriend about it, but um, how would you like to meet him? It’s not just that but I need to talk to you guys about a lot of things and I won’t be at my house.” I said. “Too much shit here.”

“Uh! Of course we wanna meet this guy!” Roxie said. “Ask your boyfriend about it and let us know what’s going on, okay? Talk to you later!” the call ended and I finished packing my things, with a smile. Ashton makes me realize a lot of things when he lectures me. I chuckled and zipped my bag up. I carried it downstairs to where the boys had been standing, they were gone now. 

“Ash?” I asked. I searched the house and found them in the living room, K.D and his crew were all defensive, and Ashton was just casual. 

“Give me one reason why I shouldn’t attack you right now?” K.D growled.

“You can’t touch him.” Kai said. 

“He’s too powerful, he’s an Elder.” Kyle said his eyes hard. 

“Are you ready?” Ashton asked. I nodded. “Well then, we’ll be on our way. Don’t worry about attending her birthday party.” 

“You can’t fucking do that, Ashton.” Kai stepped in. Ash raised his brows and stood up and made his way over to me.

“I can. She’s my soul mate. Yeah, I know she’s your sister—don’t get me wrong I completely understand that. But wherever you go your dumb alpha goes. And he’s bound to do something to my mate that I’m quite sure I would kill him over. If you’re able to come by yourself, sure. I’m sure your sister would want you to be there.” Ash said. I shook my head.

“No, I don’t.” I said meeting Kai’s eyes. “I’m tired of that excuse, you don’t defend me, you just stick me into more shit I don’t want to be in. Go back to wherever you’ve been hiding out for four years. I’m sorry.” I turned away taking Ash’s hand, I couldn’t stay for his heartbreak or his response. Knowing that Ashton was always in my head I walked out the living room and picked up my bag, I walked out the door quickly shutting it behind me and put my stuff in the car. Ashton didn’t wait before driving off. 

“I apologize for putting you in that position.” Ashton said. “It must have been very uncomfortable for you, emotionally.”

“No, because Kai needed to know.” I said. “I’ll take him back when he gets rid of K.D, but until then he’s not my brother.” I said softly. Ashton took my hand and squeezed it. 

“He’ll always be your brother, whether you’re pissed at him or not. You two share the same blood, the same origins.” Ash said. “He’s only lost his way.” 

“You can never talk about me defending bad people.” I said chuckling a little. He smiled.

“Kai Alexander isn’t a bad guy. Neither is Kyle, as I’ve said. They only lost their way. For the moment they don’t accept us being mates. But I can feel that they’ll accept it sometime in the future and come back to us.”  I just sighed heavily and leaned my head up against the window. 

“I have a question.” I said. 

“Mhm?” Ashton hummed. 

“I doubt you know my friends—Roxanne and Candy.” I said. Ashton just laughed. “What?’

“I know those two. Roxanne Hardy and Candice Yearling, right?” Ashton asked. I turned to him and gaped. 

“What? How?” I asked. 

“They’re recently turned werewolves, just like you. Their parents were apart of the pack, and as you know our pack had dispersed, their parents are like yours—always gone. They know of werewolves, they should.” 

“What do you mean they should?” I asked.

“Roxanne Hardy is Zyre’s sister.” Ashton said smiling. My eyes widened.

“He’s never spoken of a sister.” I said. 

“I know, not everyone knows.” Ashton said. “He was only trying to protect her, but didn’t stop her from shifting. Candice on the other hand, she has the genetics of a werewolf that was once apart of our pack.” 

“How do you know all of this?” I asked.

“I’m supposed to know, it’s my job.” He smiled parked my car in his enormous garage. “But, what about your friends?”

“I wanted them to come over, to talk to them—and so they could meet you since I told them you were my boyfriend.” I said. 

“Ooh, that would be really interesting.” Ashton said amused.

“What?” I asked.

“Seeing Zyre protective of someone.” Ashton laughed. “Because you and I both know my friends are gonna eat her alive.”

“Oh, yeah.” I said then thought about it. That would be pretty hilarious. “So can they come?”

“I don’t have a problem with it.” Ash said and got out the car. I got out and sent Roxie the directions to Ashton’s house. Ashton grabbed my bag from the trunk and walked into his house. He took my stuff upstairs with me following behind him. 

“Ash?” I said closing the door behind myself. 

“Yes, cupcake?” Ashton asked taking my things out. 

“What did Kyle mean by you’re an Elder?” I asked unbuttoning his flannel shirt. 

“It’s my job.” Ashton said. “My dad was an Elder, my father’s father was an Elder, and my grandfather’s father was an Elder, who was Fenris.” I took the shirt off and grabbed a bra and slipped it on, along with some other clothes while Ashton was helping me put my things away. “You can only be an Elder by blood, and you must be firstborn. An Elder is a part of the Werewolf Council, every species has a council—a set of Elders. Elders are very, very powerful through strength and intellect. It’s said that the Elders are the closest to the Spirits because they can do certain things that Second Generation Werewolves can’t do. That’s obviously not true, the reason why Elders can do what they do is because they’re First Generation Werewolves, sure, they’re closer to the Spirits because they were chosen by the Spirits but that’s about it.” 

“Isn’t Fenris the name of your pack?” I asked hanging clothes in his closet.

“Fenris is my great-grandfather. He was the founder of this region, and one of the first Elders. Before the Elders; werewolves were completely wild. My great-grandfather was a legend, known to be the strongest, bravest werewolf out of all the werewolves. He was also called a monster because he was ruthless and relentless. That runs in our blood.” There was a knock at the door from downstairs. 

“They didn’t take too long.” I said. “We’ll continue this later.” He smiled and tucked my suitcase in the closet. We both walked downstairs to the boys watching TV in a room. “So TV is more important than getting the door?” 

“Yep.” Xenon said. I rolled my eyes and answered the door. Candy and Roxie were both in amazement looking outside the house. 

“Earth to my friends.” I smiled. They snapped back to me and trampled me with hugs into the house. Ashton closed the door behind them while we had our moment. The boys came out of the room and took in the scene. “It’s great to see you after so long.” 

“Same here.” They said sighing.

“Roxie?” I heard Zyre question. Roxie turned and looked over to see Zyre she beamed and trampled Zyre with a hug also.

“BIG BROTHER! IT’S BEEN SO LONG SINCE YOU LAST VISITED ME OMG I’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! I FIGURED YOU WERE PROBABLY REALLY BUSY WHICH IS WHY YOU WERE NEVER ABLE TO STOP BY BUT YOU’RE HERE NOW IT’S SO NICE TO SEE YOU!” Roxie rambled. Everyone else looked confused except me and Ash.

“What is going on?” Xenon asked.

“That’s good ass question.” Marce said.

“Who’s the other chick?” Callum asked.

“Big brother?” Seth asked. Roxie pulled away from Zyre and went back over to us. 

“How do you know my best friend?” Roxie asked Zyre.

“How you know Ashton’s girl?” Zyre asked. 

“We’ve been in high school together, for four years straight.” Roxie said.

“You had a brother?” Candy asked.

“You have a sister?” Zyre’s friends asked.

“Zyre was always off, and by him being older I left him to his business. No one ever asked, so I never told.” Roxie said.

“Roxanne’s my only sister, she was young and I know what you all are capable of. I didn’t want anyone of you touching her. So I never told you about her.” Zyre said. “Now, what are you doing here?”

“I needed them to come here.” I said. “I hadn’t seen them since Aaron’s party.”

“And you let this happen? You know what happens whenever girls come over.” Zyre said to Ash. Ashton put his hands up in surrender.

“I do everything to satisfy her.” Ashton grinned. “Besides, I promise the protection of your sister.” Zyre growled.

“I’m not saying I’m incapable of protecting my own sister. I just want every single one of you boys to keep your eyes off of her. Or else. We. Will. Fight.” Zyre said firmly. 

“What about her?” Seth said.

“Me?” Candy asked. “I’m Candy.” 

“Just leave my girls alone, alright?” I asked. “They’re mine.” 

“Now, that’s not fair. You can’t have a mate and two girls on the side.” Callum said, Xenon punched him in the shoulder.

“Shut the fuck up, man.” Xenon said through his teeth. The girls looked confused.

“Is there something you guys don’t want to tell us?” Roxie and Candy asked. 

“Don’t be nosy.” Zyre said. 

“There’s nothing to hide.” Ash said from behind me. “They’re like my little wolf cub, fresh she-wolves.” they turned to Ash.

“How’d you know that?” They asked.

“Wait, you shifted?” Zyre asked.

“It was like a week ago after Aaron’s party actually. Candy and I both just changed into these wolves. And we were so scared by it we swore we’d never do that ever again.” Roxie said. Zyre stared at her wide-eyed.

“WHAT?” He asked. “You didn’t tell me! How the fuck—I was supposed to be there!” he stormed off raging at himself. 

“Devoted to his alpha and his sister.” I said. “Well while he’s trying to figure this all out, I’ll introduce you to my amazing boyfriend or mate since that’s what he really is--Ashton, Ashton these two gorgeous girls are 

my best friends.” I introduced them and they just stared at Ashton like he was a God. 

“He’s… so… mesmerizing…” Candy said practically drooling. 

“There’s not a flaw in sight.” Roxie said staring hard. I awkwardly cleared my throat feeling possessiveness develop in my core. Ash just chuckled and pressed his lips to my head. 

“Stop being possessive, and it’s nice to finally meet you.” Ashton said to the girls they just sighed. I rolled my eyes annoyed and walked off. 

“This way.” I said bluntly. 

“Is he coming with us?” Roxie asked as they both followed me into a lounge room. I shook my head. “No, he has other things to do.”

“He’s like beyond perfect.” Candy said. “How in the world did you end up with him? How’d you find him?”

“He found me.” I said. “And I ask myself the same question sometimes, but anyway I wanted to talk to you guys about… me.”

“What’s up?” Roxie asked. 

“I haven’t been completely honest with you guys.” I said looking down ashamed. “I’m not the person you think I am, I’m not perfect, I never have been. I’m the same fat girl everyone used to pick on and throw food at in elementary school and middle school. I had developed a grudge that whole time because I was angry at myself and at everyone else for treating me the way they had and I changed. I spent my whole summer aiming to look like this, and I did. Then when you guys befriended me I only remembered how everyone hated me in the past and I pretended to be someone I wasn’t around everyone and when I got home I would talk about you all behind your backs. Ashton made me realize what I was doing and how bad it was because you guys actually liked me, or liked the person I was pretending to be. I’m really sorry, and I can totally understand if you hate me for it--I won’t blame you, I’m ashamed of myself.” it was really silent after that. Candy released a sigh. 

“We knew who you were from your name, Myra.” Candy said.

“We didn’t really care that you were once fat. We figured that you were trying to start anew, so we didn’t bring up the past.” Roxie said softly. 

“We didn’t care that you were fat, you had changed and so had we.” Candy said. “We really liked you.”

“I’m sorry.” I said softly.

“Did you mean the stuff you said?” Roxie asked. I shook my head.

“You guys are the closest friends I’ve ever had, and the closest friends I’ll ever have.” I said feeling tears build up. “I’m sorry if I ever acted mean towards you guys, I never meant it.”

“Aww, Myra we’re sorry for everything we’ve done in the past.” Candy said sniffling.

“We were just kids, we didn’t know any better, I’m sorry.” Roxie said wiping tears away. 

“Group hug?” I asked stopping a tear from running down my face. The girls just nodded. We all got up and hugged each other. “I don’t even know why I’m crying.” I said laughing and crying at the same time.

“We don’t either!” Roxie said also laughing and crying, before we knew it that’s all we were doing--laughing and crying at the same time. 

“What the hell did we just walk into?” I heard from at the door. We all turned and saw the boys just looking confused. I just rolled my eyes and wiped my tears away.

“Great job on killing an emotional moment.” I said. 

“What happened?” Marce asked concerned. I looked at the girls who just laughed. 

“Something you’re not interested in.” Candy said. Marce raised his brow.

“How do you know what I’m interested in?” Marce said his arms crossed. I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t try to flirt with my lady.” I said putting a finger up to stop them both. Marce just laughed.

“She’s attractive, I can’t help but flirt.” Marce admitted. Candy blushed. 

“We should probably go.” Candy mumbled. “I don’t want to mess up any relationships here.” 

“Candy, don’t think like that.” I said firmly. “You’re gorgeous, smart, and perfect, you’re not what you think you are. And you’re gonna stay here with me until I’m ready to let you go. Now, since the boys decided to bombard on our lifetime moment we should probably go somewhere else.” I said taking Candy and Roxie’s hand motioning for us to leave.

“So, we’re not getting introductions.” Seth said. “Cool, I feel super loved.” I sighed.

“Alright, Callum, Seth, Xenon, Marce these lovely ladies are my best friends Candy and Roxie, Candy and Roxie these hardheaded flirtatious boys are Marce, Callum, Seth, and Xenon.” I said. “Look but don’t touch, aye?” The boys just laughed.

“For one that doesn’t take orders and follow them well, you sure have demands.” Xenon said. “We’re too old for them anyway.” 

“How old are they?” Candy whispered in my ear.

“Kai and Kyle old.” I said. “They’re legal.” 

“So are we.” They grinned. “Everyone’s older than Myra.” I rolled my eyes.

“Hush.” I said. “I’ll be eighteen tomorrow.” I said my hands on my hips. 

“Aren’t we all excited for that day.” Ashton said coming up from behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. I felt my face flame at all the things that’ll happen that day. “Oh relax, cupcake.”

“Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!” Roxie and Candy said in unison. “They’re so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!” that made me blush even harder.

“Don’t speak of this to anyone.” I said firmly. Ashton laughed behind me.

“Why? Ashamed of your own mate?” Ashton asked I turned around to see him pouting. 

“Stop pouting, it’s a bad look.” I said my hands on my hips.

“She’s so nice to me.” Ashton said to my friends. “Sometimes I feel like she doesn’t love me back.” he said pouting again. My jaw dropped.

“How could you--”

“Myra’s not one for relationships. This is a first.” Roxie said. “You guys look good together.” 

“I look better by myself.” I said winking. “He usually takes all my limelight cause he’s perfect on his own, drawing all the attention.” Ashton rolled his eyes. 

“Compliments, compliments, compliments.” He said. “I need to borrow your friends.” I raised my brows.

“For what?” I asked getting paranoid. What would he want with Candy and Roxie? 

“Just trust me.” Ash said. “I won’t do anything suspicious.” he said amused. I didn’t believe him. Men are unpredictable. 

“We won’t steal your man.” Candy said. “He’s a keeper.” They both walked off with Ashton leaving me thinking about all the things that could go down. 

“Stop being paranoid, goddamn.” Zyre said slapping my back. “Ashton’s not gonna do anything bad.”

“And I doubt your friends’ll stab you in the back like that. Not after your ‘lifetime’ moment.” Xenon said. “Now come hang with us while Ashton’s doing his thing.” I cringed when he said that.

“Don’t say that.” I said narrowing my eyes.

“Say what? Doing his thing?” Xenon asked. I glared and they laughed. “What do you think is happening with them? Sex?”

“It’s possible.” I said stubbornly, crossing my arms. The boys just rolled their eyes.

“Ashton’s been without sex for your satisfaction. Trust him when he says he won’t do anything to upset you, he only wants to make you happy.” Marce said. 

“Not to mention, you’re the only eighteen year olds jeans he wants to get in, relax and feel special.” Seth said. 

“Sorry for being a female and protective.” I said. 

“So Candy, huh?” Callum asked nodding and wiggling his brows. I shook my head.

“Really?” Marce and Seth asked, then they turned to each other and glared.

“I obviously wanted that ass.” Seth said. 

“I want more than ass.” Marce said growling. 

“Pigs.” I said under my breath and began to whistle. They turned to me with raised brows. “What?”

“The perks to being a werewolf is your heightened senses, we hear everything.” Callum said. 

“Okay? So what?” I asked shoving my hands in the back pockets of my jeans. “You three are serious pigs.” I said and walked off into the lounge room and flopped on the couch propping my legs up on the end of the couch. 

“I’d explain it to you, but you’re a female and it’s something you’re not interested in.” Marce said. I rolled my eyes. 

“That’d be really cute if you said it to Candy.” I said. “But it sounded really cheap.” the boys just laughed. 

“What’s your problem?” Seth asked.

“I wanna know what they’re talking about and why they’re taking so long.” I said sighing. Xenon and Zyre just shook their heads. 

“You have trust issues don’t you?” Zyre asked. I sat up and crossed my legs.

“Yeah, why?” I asked. 

“Because you don’t even trust your own mate. One that’s done everything in his power to protect you, and you don’t trust your friends to be alone with your mate for only five minutes or so.” Xenon said. 

“I trust Ash, I just… I don’t like him being around other women, whether they’re my friends or not.” I said. “I dunno, maybe I just need to relax. But I just--I feel a bit stressed.” 

“Over what?” Seth asked. 

“A lot, even though Ash took care of K.D and whatnot I feel like he’s not done, I know he’ll be around because he’s just as stubborn as I am, and he hates being told no. Then there’s something else that’s been picking my brain since Ash took me home after my shift. It’s not really something that involves me, it’s someone else but I dunno, it doesn’t make sense to me.” I said referring to the nightmare I had the night before our run. “Don’t worry about it though, it’s not your problems.” 

“Good point, it has nothing to do with them but putting aside your stress doesn’t make you better.” Ashton said walking into the room behind Candy and Roxie who were beaming. “In fact, it makes you more stressed and we all know what a stressed out Myra looks like.” 

“What did you guys do that made you two so happy?” I asked my arms crossed. Ashton raised his brow and ran a hand through his hair then scoffed. 

“Don’t do this.” he said. “Stop it, I already know where this is going. Just stop being so defensive and so curious, don’t worry about what happened right now. You’ll find out later.” Ashton said. “And if it makes you feel better we didn’t do anything, we talked.” I wanted to say something but I didn’t want a replay of last night so I shut my mouth, but still the stubborn girl I am, I got up and walked out. I went out to the backyard and l went into Ashton’s shed-like house, although it couldn’t possibly pass for a shed since it was too big, and I sat down on a porch-swing and just rocked, enjoying the solitude. I didn’t realize I had fallen asleep till it got cold. I jumped up and saw that Ash was next to me, holding me. I didn’t even feel him lift me up, or hear him come in. 

“How long have you been here?” I asked yawning and cuddling closer to him taking in his warmth, Ashton wrapped his arms around my bare legs making me sigh in content. 

“Since after you fell asleep. I gave you some time to yourself, seeing as you’re a person that likes being alone, and after you fell asleep I came in and made sure you were safe. This was after your friends left of course. They said that they wished they could have told you they’d see you later, but it’s fine.” Ash said letting the vibrations of his husky voice flow from him through me. 

“I feel bad, and I felt bad.” I muttered. “I shouldn’t have assumed the worst thing, and I should have been there for them. Considering I am their friend and I invited them over.” I mumbled. Ash stroked my hair.

“You have much to learn, Myra.” he said. “I know this and I accept it. You’re not the girl that has millions of friends, as I’ve noticed, you enjoy solitude. The reason being--your parents were never really with you, only Kai. And Kai grew up and left you. You entered the lonely life at an early age and accepted it. You still like being alone, and I’ve noticed that. It’s hard to leave you alone though.” he chuckled a bit. 

“You’re soooo whipped.” I said laughing. He just sighed. 

“When has that ever been a bad thing?” he asked me. I shrugged. 

“I dunno, you’ve know about relationships and the birds and the bees better than I do.” I said. “I’ve never even had a crush.” 

“Is that right?” he asked surprised. I nodded.

“Never was interested in anyone that was around. Till I met you.” I said. “I dunno what happened there. It’s like you bring out things in me that I’ve never seen in my life. Maybe I’m whipped too.” 

“Even if you aren’t it won’t change the fact that you’re my soul mate, hon.” Ashton said smiling. 

“You’re so damn positive.” I said laughing. “This is why I like getting on your nerves and making you mad, because I want to see that negative energy.” 

“I hate being negative towards women.” Ashton said. “All women should be respected, whether they’re dirty whores or pristine girls. You should know why.”

“Your mother.” I said.

“Mmhm.” he said. “Not only that, but you just make me happy.”

“Happy and horny.” I said laughing. 

“That’s not my fault.” Ashton said. “Stop teasing me so much and you won’t have too many problems with me being horny.” 

“But I love arousing you.” I grinned looking up at him. 

“Yeah, I know.” he sighed and stroked my arm he tapped my arm lightly, “Come on, let’s go to bed.” I got off of him and stood up stretching and waited for Ashton, he got up and I took his hand, together we walked back into the house. 

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

“They went out.” Ash said that’s all he needed to say. 

“Oh.” was all I said. As soon as I stepped foot into Ashton’s room I was stripping out of my clothes. 

“What’s this for?” Ashton asked surprised as he closed the door. 

“I need to take a shower.” I said. “And I need to get over my nervousness with being naked with you, but mainly, I need to take a shower.” I walked into the bathroom and started the water up, once it was hot enough I got in and began washing myself, I got out and wrapped a towel around me then walked out and went into the closet to get dressed, I slipped on a long shirt then walked out to Ashton who was just sitting on the edge of the bed waiting for me. 

“What?” I asked smiling. 

“Nothing.” he said just staring. I went in front of a mirror and began brushing my hair, I put it in two long braids, while I was doing so Ashton came up behind me just sniffing my neck. 

“What’s going on Ashton?” I asked turning around to him. He didn’t say a word, he just looked at me before attacking me with his lips, like this hasn’t happened a million times before. He picked me up and carried me to his bed where he threw me down. I giggled loudly and watched Ashton as he observed me. I leaned up and pulled Ashton to me pressing his lips to mine just as forcefully as he had done to me the first time. He responded eagerly, pushing me back down on the bed. He nibbled on my bottom lip asking for access and I parted my lips granting him permission. I ran my hands through his hair then dropped them to the helm of his shirt where I lifted it. He growled possessively and pulled away from me, then took his shirt off and tossed it to the side. I scooted back until I felt the headboard and I marveled his sculpted body, he was so attractive it made me want to pass out. He just chuckled and stalked his way on top of me teasing me with his distance. I bit my lip and stared deep into his eyes. I leaned up to kiss him, unable to wait any longer. 

“Slow down.” he chuckled. “I’m not going anywhere.” I wrapped my arms around his body and pressed my lips against his softly, and his response was tender. Our lips moved in synchronization and the only sound you could hear were my soft moans and our heavy breathing. His hands made their way under my shirt and caressed the skin it touched. Ashton trailed kisses from my lips to my jaw line to my neck to my collarbone and brought them back up to my lips. He kissed me softly one more time before pulling away completely. He stared at me before getting up and taking his jeans off. 

“What was that?” I asked trying to catch my breath. 

“You know I’m in love with you, right?” Ashton asked. I nodded my head slowly. “I want you to always remember that.” he said and crawled into bed. He went under the covers and I did too, he turned out the light and wrapped his arms around me. 

“What’s with the whole romantic side?” I asked amused. Although it was dark inside the room, I could still see his bright eyes staring at me. 

“I just want you to know, you’re more than just a girl--more than just a she-wolf, you’re even more than just a mate. And everything I do is to protect you. If anything were to happen to you, and I mean anything--I don’t think I would be able to control myself.” Ashton said. “You’re precious to me, Myra, really close to my heart. And I don’t give a shit if you think it’s cheap and cheesy, I mean it--all of it.” I smiled and gave him a peck. 

“As cheap and cheesy it is, it’s the cutest thing anyone’s ever told me. I know I’m more than just some girl that you mate to have your cubs with, I know I’m more than just a sex-partner, because Zyre and Xenon tell me all the time that you go out of your way for me.” I said. “And if I ever seem too iffy about you, just know I really do trust you--I’m just overprotective and possessive.” Ashton laughed and sighed. 

“You’re one dangerous girl.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 7.1K 38
"Mine" I hear a deep voice growl. I look up to be met by two dark, sea-coloured eyes. I look at the persons face and see that he's quite tall, with d...
467K 11.1K 20
Mason and Sage were two weeks away from their wedding until, in a moment of weakness, he made a mistake and kissed his ex-girlfriend. After Sage lef...
645K 15.9K 36
They saw him as a monster. Someone incapable of feeling anything, any emotion or sentiment. They saw him as a ruthless shadow that would lurk in the...
496K 21.6K 106
Sequel to *Her Wolf Alpha* Began 9/27/2016 Highest ranking: #2 in twists *COMPLETED* Katlyn and Clayton's son is growing up. Kaden Ravenwolf must fin...