A L L E Y S | Gotham

By gothamfanfics

In which a young girl is adopted by James Gordon, encountering and 'making friends' with terrible and good pe... More

Pre-warning/ rant - not for the lighthearted
one | ALLEYS
two | RIDDLES, FISHES & PENGUINS
three | SNITCH
four | BRUISES
five | THE DOCKS
six | TRAFFICKING
seven | TO CATCH A COBBLEPOT
eight | THE SPIRIT OF THE GOAT
nine | WITNESSES
ten | VICTOR ZSASZ
twelve | HALY'S CIRCUS
thirteen | NEEDLES
fourteen | THE GINGER IN THE DARK CASTLE
fifteen | A DEATH IN THE FAMILY
sixteen | BLUE FLAMES
seventeen | AWAKENING
eighteen | A MIXTURE OF YELLOW & RED
nineteen | THE TRUTH ABOUT FRIENDS
twenty | BROKEN BONDS
twenty one | COPS N' KILLERS
twenty two | THE MIND'S CUCKOO CLOCK
twenty three | VIDEOTAPES
twenty four | DISAPPEARING ACTS
twenty five | YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH KNIVES
twenty six | PARENTAGE
twenty seven | PAIN AT ITS FINEST
twenty eight | REMINISCING OVER PAIN
twenty nine | EVEN PENGUINS GET SAD SOMETIMES
thirty | PURPLE, BLACK, BUT GREEN ALL OVER
thirty one | A LITTLE PINCH OF KINDNESS
thirty two | A VILLAIN'S END
thirty three | HUMAN POPSICLES
thirty four | A REVEAL
thirty five | A FROSTY GOODBYE
thirty six | QUESTION MARKS
thirty seven | BLACKGATE ESCAPE
thirty eight | BETRAYAL
thirty nine | THE WOODS
forty | GOODBYE, OLD FRIEND
forty one | THE PAST
fourty two | A KNIGHT
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL | THE MAN IN RED

eleven | NEW FRIENDS & FOES

6.2K 213 63
By gothamfanfics

VICTOR ZSASZ GRINNED, looking over the scared faces in the G.C.P.D.

"So where's Jim at?" He asked, knowing for certain that he would get an answer.

Isabella watched in horror as the officer turned their heads in the direction of Sarah Essen's office, where she could see two silhouettes. One of them was a woman, and the other resembled her father.

"Thank you," Zsasz told them, pleased that they were obedient.

While everyone was distracted, Isabella bolted to hide under a desk, where no one was sat. For some reason, she was absolutely terrified of the young bald man.

"Hey, Jim! Jim," he called out tauntingly, and when Jim did step out to face him, he waved goofily. "Hi, Jim. Relax. I'm supposed to take you in alive. Don Falcone wants to talk."

"Tell Falcone we'll talk, but only when Fish Mooney gives me back my daughter."

Isabella wanted to shout out that she was right there, but something held her back. She knew that her father was in danger, and if she brought attention to herself she would be too. Of course, she would do anything to help Jim, but he would do anything to help her as well. If Zsasz grabbed her, Jim would have no choice but to surrender.

"Don't be that way," Zsasz growled, clenching his fists. "Alive is a very broad category. A man with no hands can still be alive."

The little girl held her hands over her mouth, stifling a sob.

"There are fifty cops in here. Try something."

"Everybody out," Victor ordered, his gaze steady on Jim. "Please!"

When he yelled, Isabella looked on as officer after officer passed her, leaving the G.C.P.D building.

She sneakily peeked around the desk, as Jim talked to Sarah Essen, who was still standing beside him. She hesitantly left too.

"Well, how now, Jim?" Zsasz smirked.

Isabella yelped in fright at a gunshot suddenly erupting, more following after it.

After a few seconds, she heard her father's pained grunt, as he was shot.

"N-No!" She squealed, standing up from her spot. Unfortunately, Jim didn't notice her, and ran out of the building. Victor Zsasz did though.

One of the Zsaszettes grabbed her by her ginger hair, pointing a gun in her face emotionlessly. She began to cry, but Zsasz quickly pried her away from the woman, kneeling down in front of her.

His hands were on her arms, his grip a little too tight for her liking, as she squirmed.

"Stop moving, sweetheart. What are you doing here?" He scolded, getting angry that she had not listened to what he told her. It had barely been two minutes and she was already inside.

"You're mean! You shot my daddy! Let me go!" She screamed, struggling ferociously as he blinked at her in shock.

"You're Jimbo's kid? Well, it really is a small world, isn't it?"

He then proceeded to pick her up, tucking her under one of his arms, while the other held his gun.

After that, he carried her out to the parking lot, where Jim had run off to, the Zsaszettes following closely behind.

"Jim! I've got someone who's been looking for you here! Just surrender and you can have a nice little family reunion!"

Jim poked his head up, to see what Zsasz was talking about, but it only resulted in a shot being fired in his direction.

"No!" Isabella screamed, flinging herself out of her captors arms and hitting the floor.

Victor was fuming. No one had ever dared to go against him, much less a little girl.

"Go away!" She screeched, as he stepped forward, his grip on the gun getting slowly tighter.

"You're going to regret that."

At that, she scampered away. Victor only watched her. He loved the chase.

He instructed the Zsaszettes to go after Jim, while he went for the girl.

"Sweetheart," he drawled out, looking around the cars for any sight of a ginger blob of hair. "You should know, I'm the best at hide and seek. Come out, come out, wherever you are..."

Isabella whimpered, and Zsasz heard it. But, just to torment her more, he very slowly walked to where she was hiding.

"Hey! What the-?"

A policewoman was shot in both of her legs but one of the Zsaszettes, causing Isabella to realise that Victor was distracted, and make a break for it.

He spotted this, and grabbed her hand, pulling her back towards him.

"No! No! Stop!" She cried, trying to push Zsasz away. He was too strong.

Meanwhile, one of the women spotted Jim, shooting him in the shoulder as he tried to scamper away.

Isabella could only cry sadly as a car pulled up, dragging Jim inside and driving off. He shouted for them to stop, because he wanted to go back for his daughter, but the blood loss quickly made him pass out, into a deep, deep sleep.

〰️〰️〰️〰️

Isabella kept her head down, even when she was addressed.

Victor was holding her hand, against her will, with both of them standing in front of Don Falcone.

The older man was giving Zsasz a slight glare for kidnapping a child, but noticed her fear, so calmed himself down.

He kneeled in front of her, prompting her to lift her head up by placing a finger under her chin.

"It's nice to meet you, little one. I've heard a lot about you."

"I want to go home. My mommy and daddy will be worried," she whined quietly, not wanting to anger him. She had already made Victor shout at her earlier because she had tried to escape again.

"I'm sure they are. Don't worry, your father will be here soon. Victor, can you take her into the kitchen? Make her something to eat. Do you like muffins?"

She smiled widely, nodding her head. Maybe the old man wasn't so bad, after all.

"Okay... I'll go bake some... muffins," Victor sighed. He hoped that no one would find out about this.

〰️〰️〰️〰️

Isabella eagerly bounced in her seat, as Liza brought out the freshly baked food from the oven.

"Those muffins smell good," Victor stated, his eyes on the gorgeous woman. It turned out, Victor had no idea how to bake, so he had to ask for help.

"None for you, creep," Liza shook her head tirelessly, standing in front of the girl. "Do you want one?"

"Yes please!" She exclaimed, before calming herself. She was afraid of what Victor might do if she were too loud.

Liza noted this, and gave her a sad smile, handing her one.

Isabella spotted the hungry look in Victors eyes, although it was pointed at Liza.

"Can he not have one?" She asked, feeling slightly anxious.

Liza huffed, but forced a grin, "Of course."

Before he could grab one, his phone went off, the tune of 'Funkytown' coming out of it.

He answered it, stating right at Isabella as she slowly ate, unaware that her father was in the same building, along with Harvey Bullock, who had become Jim's ally.

"Got it," Victor confirmed, and then turned the phone off. "Come on, ginger."

He took her hand in his own, walking her into the cramped room, where Jim, Falcone, Harvey and Mayor James were all standing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 5.3K 59
(Y/n) Gordon is the daughter of a good man in Gotham City. What happens when she falls into links with a maniac by the name of Jerome Valeska? When J...
1.9K 64 62
the son Jim Gordon and Barbara keen meets the orphan Barbara and Jim met before Jim went into the army and they had an affair and when he left Barbar...
21K 821 30
It started with a simple crush but after a night full of alcohol it turned out as a real, life-changing, problem. ❗WARNING❗ • Mature Content * Season...
289K 7.7K 44
You thought you knew everything about Jerome Valeska. He was your best friend. He was your boyfriend. You loved him. But seeing him transition to the...