A Princess in Disguise - The...

By ClusterKitaCoderre

Princess Maria von Weinstein ran away from home at the age of 13 and became the servant for the Granzreich fa... More

Coming soon to my wattpad account
Character Information
Character Information #2
Chapter #1
Chapter #2
Chapter #3
Chapter #5
Chapter #6
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Note
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14
Chapter #15
Chapter #16

Chapter #4

2.7K 74 8
By ClusterKitaCoderre

Last Chapter:

Our hands touched every so often.

-------------------------------------

After breakfast was over, we all made our way to the king's office. We all stood there waiting for the King to say that he would see us, although I already knew that I something was going to happen and that I wouldn't like it very much.

Then the doors opened to show Professor Heine, now that he is here we should be seeing the king soon. He then looked at the princes and said "Your highnesses must be overjoyed to see your father after such a long time."

But the princes looked like a terrible illness came over them instead. This always happened every time the king comes back, the princes act like this.

Prince Bruno then made a weeping sound before looking up and saying "I do not dislike my father of course, I respect him deeply,"

That was when Prince Licht pushed him away saying "That's fine but as his sons we have a few complaints. Truth be told, Kai is the only one happy to see father and that is because he has an inhumanly big heart."

Prince Kai was looking straight forward as he said "I love him so much and all of us should get along. All creatures on earth, we are one. A Brotherhood of mankind."

Professor Heine then said "His heart is not just big, its galactic." Now it was Prince Leonhard who spoke "I can't believe we actually have to see father today."

Professor Heine then thought for a moment before the King's main servant said "Professor, the king will see you now." Professor Heine said "Of course."

Everyone then looked at the door saying "Your Majesty; your sons, their royal tutor, and their main servant will see you now."

I then heard his voice come through the door saying "Send them in." the two guards opened the door as we all walked inside the room to see the king sitting at his desk while looking out the window.

No one spoke after the doors closed, that was until Heine said "You should greet his majesty." Leonhard looked at Heine saying "Greet him, right."

But Leonhard said it in such a monotone voice. That was when all of the princes stepped forward as Bruno said "Welcome, we are glad for your safe return, Your majesty."

Then all four of the princes bowed to his majesty as Bruno continued on by saying "Thank you for your service to the kingdom."

Heine then said "My name is Heine and I am the new royal tutor, I am truly grateful for the honor in meeting you, your majesty." I then curtsied saying "It's an honor to see you again, your majesty." His majesty said nothing to us, that was until he started crying for no reason.

"Are you alright?" Heine asks the king, but the king covered his eyes saying "Please Forgive me. I can not contain my emotions, my sons they are already greeting their father with such formality. My little boys have grown up so fast professor."

That was when his majesty broke out into full blown tears. Leonhard was the first one of us to react to his majesty's tears. By now Prince Licht, Prince Leonhard, and Prince Kai were trying to comfort their father.

"Oh knock it off, it's not like we're kids anymore!" Prince Licht said as Prince Leonhard continued on by saying "Of course we know how to greet a royal properly. You were the one who taught us when we were small."

Prince Kai then chipped in saying "Please don't cry." I then stood in the back as I watched Prince Bruno leaned down and whispered something into Heine's ear.

Heine then whispered something back but I was mostly watching his majesty mess up Prince Licht hair, it was funny to watch. I mean someone who is known as the "God of War" is actually really cheerful and kind towards his kids.

His majesty then stopped messing up Prince Licht's hair and looked at Heine saying "Thank you for grooming my dear sons, Professor Heine." This seemed to shock Heine for some odd reason but I paid it no mind as Prince Bruno said "Are you already acquainted with my father?"

Professor Heine then looked to the floor with a sad face saying "No, only through letters." His Majesty then spoke up saying "I'd heard tell of an excellent tutor, so I wrote to him to find out for myself. Based off our exchanges, I offered him the post. So boys, tell me this, are you getting along with your new royal tutor?"

Prince Kai nodded his head, Prince Licht was fixing his hair as he said "Yes, I suppose so." Prince Leonhard looked away from his father as he said "I don't really care."

His majesty then said "If you aren't out right objecting to him, then it must be going quite well." His majesty then walked over to his chair sat down with his eyes closed, saying "Now to the business at hand."

His majesty then opened his eyes with a type of sternness in them saying "There are a few things I need to say, I am speaking to you not as your father but as king of this great realm."

Everyone in the room was silent as his majesty spoke, "I had just finished reviewing the royal tutors report. From the looks of it Bruno and Kai did very well on the competency test. Bruno your studies surpass perfection but if you are to become a truly effective leader, you will need to think more flexibly." Prince Bruno then said "Yes sir!"

His majesty then moved onto Prince Kai by saying "Kai, I have no complaints about your academic ability but you should work on your communication skills and learn how to better convey your emotions."

Prince Kai nodded his head as his majesty moved onto Prince Licht saying "Licht, I'm sure your scores were low because you thought it a chore and got sloppy." Prince Licht then quickly looked away from his majesty but his majesty continued on by saying "Son, that is a habit you must break."

Prince Licht answer back in a childish tone, "Yes," But his majesty cut off his sentence with his stern eyes that said 'stop doing it now and speak correctly'. Prince Licht then fixed himself before saying the rest of his sentence, "Sir."

His Majesty then spoke again by saying "But Leonhard is by far the most problematic. When I saw your score, I was so shocked that I couldn't even believe my eyes." Prince Leonhard then said "I did something wrong?"

By now everyone was looking at him with shocked face, even I was looking at him. I then thought to myself, 'He only got one point on the test and yet he does not remember?!'

It seems then that Prince Leonhard remembered what he did wrong and was silent. His majesty then said "I was also surprised by the grading method you employed. One point for writing his name when he answered every single question incorrectly? You must have done so out of kindness, thank you."

Professor Heine then looked away saying "Of course." His majesty still had this stern look on his face as he said "But if this pattern of behavior continues, I fear that he will never be ready for the throne"

His majesty then stands up and points his finger at Leonhard while his other hand holds Leonhard's test. "Hear me now, in three days time you will retake this exam. If you fail to match Licht's score of 60 points then you will suffer the consequences."

Everyone in the room was once again shocked by what they were hearing, his majesty continued on by saying "Prince Leonhard, make the grade or I'll strip you of your right to the throne. Initially professor I asked you to give each of them equal attention in their studies but for the next three days, do whatever you need to do to give Leonhard the assistants he needs. Can I rely on you?"

Professor Heine then bowed as he said "Yes." Prince Bruno then said "Father wait, isn't that too much for Leonhard?" But his majesty put up his hand saying "That is all I have to say on the subject."

That was when his majesty looked at me saying "Rosa, come here." I walked over to him and stopped about 6 feet away from him, I knew what was coming next.

His majesty looked at me with the same sternness saying "It seems that you were hiding who you really were from me and I understand that but running away from home was not a good idea."

I look at the ground saying "I understand that your majesty but you must understand that I didn't want to marry someone I had never met before." His majesty then said "Look up at me Princess Maria."

So I looked up at him as he said "Professor Heine told me how you felt on the matter and word has been sent to your father, he shall be here in 3 days. In the meantime, you are to change into clothes that you are meant to wear and you shall continue your studies here."

My eyes widen as I say "Your majesty, I understand what you are doing but I do not wish to return to my home! I want to stay here, if I go back I will return to the same person I was before!" 

That was when his majesty put his hand on my head saying "Princess Maria, since you have been here, I have watched you grow from a little girl who hated to be told what to do, to a wonderful independent and hard-working woman who my son will love. You have nothing to fear in returning home, I told your father how you felt in the letters and he sent me one back on the day that he left your kingdom. Would you like to know what he said in the letter he sent me?"

I nodded my head, his majesty then takes his hand off of my head saying "He said that if you had talked to him sooner then he could've helped you, he understands why you ran away because he went through the same thing. He loves you dearly and he can't wait to see what type of women you have grown up to be, same with your mother and your older brother."

I then grip my dress as I look down, I do not want my tears to fall onto the ground.

Then the next thing I know, I was pulled into a hug by his majesty. "Do not worry Maria, your family has forgiven you and they love you. They can't wait to see you and they are happy that you are safe. But most of all, they are happy that you found one that you can love with all your heart. So, do not cry."

I hugged him back as he says those words to me, he has acted like a father to me ever since I got here and I missed this feeling of family as well. I can't wait to see them all again.

His majesty then lets me go saying "There is a maid waiting outside for you and a room has been prepared for you as well. Your father also told me where your studies left off, I'm sure that Bruno will teach you what you need to know if you ask. Now go on and change, we shall see you later." I nodded my head and leave the room, I was then lead to the baths.

After I was clean, the maids put a dress on me and some makeup. They then lead me to my new room. This was going to be an interesting three days. (What her dress and makeup looks like below ↴)

Once I was shown where my room was, the maids left and I made my way to where I knew the princes had ended up.

Once I arrived, I opened the door to see them talking. Professor Heine was the only one who saw me, "Princess Maria, you look stunning."

I blushed saying "Thank you Professor." That was when princes looked at me, Prince Licht said "So that's what you were hiding under that maids outfit!"

I blush every more at his comment, Prince Bruno the said "Watch your tone brother! She is betrothed to Kai not you!" Prince Bruno then looked at me saying "You look beautiful Princess Maria."

I nodded my head at him, Prince Leonhard then said "You look better than before." I nod at his words as well. Finally Prince Kai said "You look lovely."

I smiled at Prince Kai's words and said "Thank you Prin, I mean Kai." Professor Heine then said "It seems you are going to have to get used to call them by just their names."

I looked at the Professor and said "I will but I know that I will get used to it soon. I might just slip up a few times." He nodded his head and then said "Now before I go and help Prince Leonhard with his studying; I need to know where you left off in your studies."

I thought for a moment before saying "I believe I was learning the history of my kingdom or I was learning the history of this kingdom. I don't remember."

Professor Heine nodded his head saying "It seems that you and Prince Bruno will be studying some of the same material then."

I nodded my head at his words; he then went over and helped Leonhard with his studying. I then turned around and left the room; I was feeling a little out of place now that I'm not a servant.

As I was walking, I came upon the garden where Kai and I would usually be at this hour. I sigh as I go over to a tree and sit under it so I could be in the shade. But what I didn't know was that Kai had followed me from the room.

"Are you uncomfortable?" I heard a voice asks me, I look over to see Kai standing by the tree. I smiled at him before looking at the ground and saying "I'm just not used to you all seeing me like this and getting to see my family after 3 years."

I then heard Kai walking over to me, he then sat down next to me and said "It's true we have never seen you like this but you are still the same person we have known for 3 years. Your parents forgave you, is that why you were so scared to see them again?"

I looked at Kai and said "I mean sure they have forgave me but that doesn't mean that they are going to like who I have become in these past 3 years. For all I know, they could hate me because of that."

I then heard Kai say "From what I heard from my father about your family; I believe that they will love who you have become. Just because you think that they are not going to like something about you doesn't make it true."

I look at him and say "I know that." Kai then looked at me and said "Then think more positively about the matter." I smiled at Kai saying "Alright." We both then looked up at the sky and watched as the clouds went by, it was very peaceful.

Kai and I stayed out in the garden until it was time for dinner; after dinner we all went to our rooms for bed. Well, all of us except Leonhard, he was staying up to study with Professor Heine.

I bet that they were going to be staying up late for the next three days until Leonhard has the material down. I knew that I had to study and do my work over the next three days but I have yet to find the energy to do so.

All I want to do is hang out with Kai until these last three days are gone because I know that once my family gets here, I will have no time to be with Kai.

Then I have to go back to my kingdom and I won't be able to see him until we are married or maybe when I come over for visits.

The pain of having to live in another kingdom and having such a small amount of time to spend with one another until our time together ends until we get to meet again.

When I woke up the next morning, I hung out with Kai the whole time. We watched the sky together, played with the palace dog (Shadow), and we talked with one another about just about anything we could come up with to keep my mind off of my parents coming.

But due to me spending so much time with Kai; the three days went by so fast and the next thing I knew, we were all standing in his majesty's office to hear the results of Leonhard's test. Which also means that my parents will be here any minute and I can't run again.

Once Professor Heine finished correcting Leonhard's test, he gave it to his majesty. "This is interesting," his majesty said as he looked at the paper.

His Majesty then spoke again, "You scored a 59." Leonhard was so happy at his score but he seemed to have forgotten that he needed to score a 60 to pass, he was just one point off.

Professor Heine then decided to ruin Leonhard's happy mood by saying "Highness, that is still below the 60 points you needed to pass."

Leonhard's face just went down as he heard that news, I sighed. I feel bad for Leonhard, he was really trying but at least he did better than last time.

"Your majesty," Professor Heine said but his majesty cut him off by saying "If he can not show results then I'm afraid I can't allow Leonhard to keep his place in the royal line of succession."

Licht then said "Father, please!" Everyone had a shocked look on their face after his majesty said that, even Professor Heine turned around and looked at the ground in shame. "However, royal tutor. It seems that this test is graded wrong."

Professor Heine looked at his majesty with shock as he said those words. His majesty then continued on by saying "Based on what I have learned about your grading methods so far, is the test taker not award one point for getting his name correct?"

This shocked everyone and while we were in shock, his majesty turned the paper around and fixed the grade so it said 60 instead of 59. "60 points Leonhard, congratulations my boy." his majesty said.

Bruno looked relieved, Leonhard looked sad, and Kai said "You just passed the test." His majesty then said "You're sad. You should be happy son." Leonhard then said "But father in truth I only scored a 59."

Licht then cut in saying "Are you sure you're going to accept this?" His majesty looked at Licht saying "I'm only following the grading standards set by Professor Heine. After all, you are under his method of teaching now."

Everyone was quiet but then his majesty said "What? Do you not want to study under Professor Heine, Leonhard?"

Leonhard put his hand to his head as he spoke, "The thing is, I really do hate teachers so much but not Heine. I don't hate him at all. Honestly father, I don't think I could have scored a 59 without him."

His majesty then said "Then continue to listen to his lessons and study hard. Do that and I have no doubt you will be fit for the throne." His majesty then grabbed Leonhard's shoulders as he said "Do you promise me, you will do as I say son?"

Leonhard then nodded his head saying "Yes." His majesty then turned Leonhard around towards Professor Heine saying "I would like for you to promise that to your Professor as well."

Leonhard was then lightly pushed towards Heine after that. "So I am; I'm going to keep trying so keep teaching as long as you never give up on me. I'll try, if you will." By now Leonhard had reached out his hand for a handshake.

Professor Heine reached out his hand as well saying "Yes, of course and I look forward to our lessons. Prince Leonhard. Now one last thing."

But what shocked me the most was that, Professor Heine only pinched one of Leonhard's fingers. Why, I have no clue. "Heine, what's this?" Leonhard asked as the Professor looked away saying "I am returning your gift, prince. Besides if I gave you a firm handshake, I fear you might start crying."

Leonhard's face turned red as he said "What?!" But before anyone could say anything more, there was a knock at the door.

His majesty then said "Who is it?" Someone then said "Alex von Weinstein is here to see his daughter." His majesty then said "Send him and his family in."

After he said that, I started to back away slightly because I didn't really want them to see me. Then the door then opened to show a man with red hair, I woman with brown hair, and a boy with brown hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522 13 55
In a world full of lies and secrets, Hilda, a princess, comes of age. Through the darkness of being told who she should marry, she falls in love for...
1.6M 66.8K 72
Plagiarism of my writing will NOT be tolerated. My village was lost to a fire known as 'The Great Chi Fire' eight years ago. I frantically fled to a...
58.9K 2.1K 41
Snape x fem student *Slow burn* This is the story of Natalia Rokwood coming from a muggle family to Hogwarts and Her much complicated relationship...
2.8K 93 27
Her parents are dead. She was stolen from home when she was only a year old and now it's time to return, but as a princess? How will she handle this...