A Princess in Disguise - The...

By ClusterKitaCoderre

Princess Maria von Weinstein ran away from home at the age of 13 and became the servant for the Granzreich fa... More

Coming soon to my wattpad account
Character Information
Character Information #2
Chapter #1
Chapter #2
Chapter #4
Chapter #5
Chapter #6
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Note
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14
Chapter #15
Chapter #16

Chapter #3

3.3K 97 26
By ClusterKitaCoderre

Last Chapter:

I will have to thank him later on when I see him.

---------------------------------------

When I made it to the reception room, everyone was already there talking about stuff. It seems the lesson has yet to start, that was when Professor Heine said, "I am pleased to see you all here on time."

Prince Kai nodded his head while holding the palace dog, Shadow. Prince Bruno was the first prince to speak. "Thank you master, please note that I arrived 15 minutes early."

All Prince Leonhard said was, "Why the last minute summons though?" Prince Licht, who happened to have his hands behind his head said "Is it another group lesson? If it's meant for Leo then it should be a piece of cake!"

Prince Leonhard then said in a snappy voice, "Excuse me?!" But Professor Heine quickly said, "No your highness, while it is most certainly a group activity; it will not take place behind a desk."

Everyone then watched as Professor Heine turned around and walked towards the window behind him.

He then pushed the window open and said "Today we visit Wiener, the capital city, on this field trip we will learn about everyday lives of common citizens."

I stood there in shock at what he said, 'I can't go into the city! I mean sure no one knows that I am a princess but I did meet a family on my first day in the capital and they could tell that I was a princess but they promised not to tell anyone. I visit them every so often but they don't know my fake name so they most likely will call me Maria! Dang it, I need to get ahead of them and talk to the family that helped me that night; I don't want the princes to know who I really am.' I thought to myself as Prince Leonhard said "The common citizens?"

But I believe that Prince Licht was the only one that was happy about this because he said in a happy voice, "Really, we're going to town! Ya! What are we going to do there? Shopping?"

Prince Leonhard looked at him like he had three heads but Professor Heine said "Our trip is not for fun, it is a lesson to get you ready for the throne your highness."

Prince Licht then gave a sad face as he said "Aww." Prince Bruno then said "But are you sure it is alright to do this? I've read a lot about the capital city but I have only seen it from the safety of a carriage."

Prince Kai then said "I know, same here. It's intimidating." But once again Prince Licht was too happy to care about what his brothers are saying and I know this because he said "I've been to so many fun places, like; Ann's cafe, Rose's Seamstress shop, and so many others too!"

I then saw Prince Bruno walk towards Prince Licht as he was speaking, I sighed as Prince Bruno hit Prince Licht with a book on the back of the head.

"Does your descenty have no bounds brother?" Prince Bruno asked. Prince Licht then turned around and said "That was uncalled for!"

Professor Heine chimed in before the fighting could get any worse by saying "Now now, there is no need to be fearful or worried about the trip to town I promise you. Besides it is relatively safe these days."

I then ignored the rest of the conversation until I hear Prince Leonhard scream about not wanting to go to the guillotine.

I then blinked because I didn't even know what happened while I saw thinking, Professor Heine then said "Your highness please come to the courtyard at 10 o'clock sharp. We need to be discreet, so please wear clothing that will hide who you are."

Prince Bruno then bowed saying, "Of course master." Prince Licht then said "Yay." That was then when I noticed the sharp-ish look he was giving Professor Heine but I brushed it off as nothing.

Then after the Princes had left to go get changed, I quickly said "Professor Heine if I could, I would like to go ahead of you all into town." He then started to walk off and so I followed him as he said "Why do you need to go ahead of us?"

I then said, "There is something that I need to take care off before we head there and I didn't want you all have to wait for me to finish it while you were teaching."

As we made it outside, Professor Heine said "I'm sorry but you will have to take care of what you need to do when we go there together. After all, the King has told you that you are to be with me during all of the prince's lessons. Besides, I think that if the princes see the way you talk to the people in town it will help a great deal."

I clenched my fist behind my back saying, "Please let me go ahead Professor Heine, I really need too!" He then stopped walking because we had reached the carriage door and so he turned around to look at me saying, "What's so important that you don't want us to see?"

I was about to answer but that was when I heard a voice behind me say, "What is the Professor talking about Rosa?" That voice, the one voice I could never lie too; Prince Kai. 

I quickly turned around to see all of the princes looking at me, my eyes widened at his words. But before I could say anything, Professor Heine said "Let us get into the carriage, we shall talk in there."

Then before we could enter the carriage I heard another voice call out to us, "Dearest brothers!" Prince Leonhard then called out "Adela! Grandmother!" Queen Mother then said "My dears, please do not get hurt whatever you do. Be cautious, the city is a dangerous place."

Prince Leonhard then said "We'll be fine grandmother." Then Prince Bruno said "Yes indeed, the professor will be by our side and so will Rosa."

Finally we were all in the carriage and the conversation that I hoped wouldn't come back up did. "Rosa, what was the master talking about earlier?" I heard Prince Bruno say next to me. I looked at him saying, "Nothing Prince Bruno."

Professor Heine then said "Rosa wanted to go ahead to do something important but I reminded her that she had to stay with us per your father's orders. She did not seem to be too happy about that."

Prince Licht then asked, "Do you not want us to know something Rosa?" I look at him saying, "That is not it Prince Licht." His eyes then sharpened at me saying, "Then what is?"

I looked away saying nothing, that was when Prince Kai spoke up saying, "Please tell us Rosa." My hands tightened on my dress as I looked out the window, seeing that we had reached the city, so I quickly say "We're here."

I didn't look at Prince Kai because I knew that if I did then I would say everything, Professor Heine then tapped on the window behind him saying, "Can you stop in this ally please?" The driver then said "Certainly."

Once the carriage stopped, we all got out and I bowed to them saying, "I need to go somewhere real quick. I shall be back soon."

I didn't even wait to hear there answers as I ran off in the direction of the family's house but what I didn't know was that the Princes and Heine were running after me.

I then came to a stop and looked everywhere before I knocked on the door in front of me, I then heard footsteps walking towards the door.

That was when I saw the family's daughter, Lily. She gave me the brightest smile as she said "Maria is back! Dad! Mom! It's Maria!" I laugh as I hear her yell that, I then bent down to her height and gave her a hug.

Once I let go I looked up to see Alex and Julie, or as I call them Mr. and Mrs. Meyer. "Hello again, how have you two been?"

Julie then hugged me saying, "We have been doing fine, although I think Lily would like it better if you visited more often. Actually all of us would, I mean your hiding from your family within the place. What kind of princess runs away and pretends to be a servant for another royal family?!"

I point to myself saying "I do and for the reason as to why I am here. The princes and royal tutor are visiting the city, so if you go out and see me then call me Rosa. They don't know that my real name is Maria, I would like to keep it that way."

I then feel Julie give me a look saying, "You love one of them don't you?" I blush saying, "W-what! What g-gave you that idea?!"

She gave me a smirk saying "A mother always know this; I may not be your mother but that was the same look I gave my mother when I fell in love with Alex. So, which prince was it?"

I was about to say something but I heard a voice say "Boys, quiet down." I quickly looked over to where I heard the voice and then said "I will answer your question later Mrs.Meyer, I have to go now." She gave me another hug before saying "Have a good day Maria and be safe."

I nodded my head as I start to walk to where I heard the sound and as I passed the spot I saw white hair that belonged to Kai. All I said was "Follow me."

I heard them follow me as we walked to a place I knew was empty, it belonged to the Meyer family. They owned a cafe and they gave me a key just in case I need something from inside, I unlock the door and motion for them to enter.

Once everyone was inside, I walked in and locked the front door before turning around saying "You couldn't trust me enough to let me go talk to them on my own?"

I then flicked on the lights as Professor Heine said "You were told to stay with me to watch over the lessons Rosa or should I call you Maria von Weinstein?"

I sigh as I walked over to them and say "Call me whichever name you want, I go by both." Professor Heine then said "Were you ever going to tell anyone besides that family who you were?"

I walked over to a table and sit down say "I would rather have stayed as Rosa Moser until I died, I don't wish to be a spoiled princess anymore nor do I want to marry a man that I have never met before."

I then saw Professor Heine sit down in front of me saying, "You should go back to your kingdom Princess Maria, they are worried about you."

I shook my head saying "I will not go back, I don't care if you tell the king! I belong here, this is my life now. I am the servant for the princes of the Granzreich family."

I then saw the princes sit down at the table as Professor Heine said "Did you ever think about what your parents or your brother might feel if you left?"

I looked away and said "No, besides you can't change my mind. I am not going back to my kingdom, I chose this life that I am living now and I like it. Sure, it's not the best but I enjoy it." Then Prince Bruno said "How can you say that?! Don't you miss your family at all?!"

I snap my head to Prince Bruno saying "Of course I miss my family! I think about them every day! I wish I never ran away but you can't fix the past and sure you guys aren't my family but I think of you as one!"

Prince Leonhard then said "I don't see you as family, never had and never will." I laugh a little saying, "Speak to me like that all you want but I still think of you as family Prince Leonhard, no matter how much your words hurt me; you're family."

I think I shocked him by my words but that was when Professor Heine said "Do you know the name of the man you are to marry?" I look at him saying "No idea, my parents said that I didn't need to know until he came to visit me in 2 months."

Professor Heine then said "What if the person you are to marry was in this room Princess Maria, what would you do?" I gave him a confused look as he said "Maria von Weinstein, the person you are to marry is Kai von Granzreich."

I froze and then looked at Kai saying "Is this true?" He looked at me saying "Yes." I then stood up saying "I am going to go back to the castle now."

As I turned to walk towards the door, I heard Professor Heine say "Now you know who you are to marry and yet you won't face him as Princess Maria, the girl who ran away from home because she didn't want to marry someone she didn't know. But when we get back to the castle, you'll face him as Rosa Moser, the girl who showed up at the age of 13 and became best friends with him. You'll face him as the servant girl who fell in love with the second prince."

The minute he said that last sentence I looked at him saying "I would, sure I became a servant but I got know him enough to know that he wouldn't like the princess me. Princess Maria is spoiled, bratty, and she got whatever she wanted no matter the cost. But Rosa Moser is independent, hard working, and kind to everyone no matter how they treat her. I rather stay the way I am now then become something that I never want to be again."

Professor Heine then stood up from the chair he was in saying, "Princess Maria, you are blinded by the fact that you are scared of losing Prince Kai to see that you can be both Princess Maria and still be all of the things Rosa Moser is."

Prince Kai then stood up and walked towards me, I then quickly backed up until my back hit the door of the cafe.

He looked at me saying "Rosa, no Maria, no matter what you are like, I will love you either way. It doesn't matter if you want to act spoiled or act independent because you are all of those things. You grew up from the last time I saw you, when you first came to the castle, you were bratty but as time went by you changed. Now your no longer bratty, your not spoiled, you only take what you need, your independent, your hard working, and your nice to everyone you meet."

I start to cry as he finished talking and here I thought that he would hate me for hiding who I really am. That was when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, it was Prince Kai no I mean Kai.

That was when I heard Professor Heine say "We should get going, this trip will be changed to another day. Let's head back to the carriage."

I then feel Kai pick me up as we make it back to the carriage, tomorrow is going to be a challenging day because I remember hearing a rumor around the castle saying that the king was coming back tomorrow.

Once we made it back to the castle, I walked towards my room. I sighed as I closed the door to my room, I quickly looked out the window before making my way to my closet. I grabbed some clothes and quickly took a shower, after my shower there was a knock on my door.

I walked over to it and saw a man standing there, he looked at me saying "After a long time the king has returned to the castle and he would like it if you could please meet with him tomorrow after breakfast." I nod my head saying "Of course."

I then close my door after he is gone and make my way to my bed, I guess I shall read until I feel tired enough to go to sleep.

I read about 4 chapters before I felt really tired, so I closed the book and turned off my lamp to go to sleep. I was not looking forward to tomorrow that much. When I woke back up, it was around 6 in the morning.

I did my daily things; take a shower, brush my teeth, change my clothes, brush my hair, and a few more things before walking out the door.

I made my way to Leonhard's room and knocked on the door to hear a voice saying "Enter." I opened the door to see Leonhard still in his nightgown, "I'm just making sure that you are awake for the meeting with you father." I said to him before closing the door and making my way to Licht's room.

I did the same for each prince but when I got to Kai's room, I froze for a moment. I then took a deep breath and knocked on the door to hear a voice say "Enter." I opened the door to see Kai looking at me, he was already changed.

I then say "I was just making sure that you were ready for the meeting with your father." I was about to close the door when he said "I'll walk with you to the dining room."

I nodded my head and we both leave his room and walk in that direction together, standing about a couple feet apart from one another.

Our hands touched every so often.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 137K 68
Lyra knew that one day she would be set into an arranged marriage like a chess piece. She had been preparing for it her whole life, and she was almos...
1.2K 101 21
Before she found out that she was Santa's daughter, she was just normal Mary. Before she found out that she was Santa's daughter, the only thing that...
1.6M 66.8K 72
Plagiarism of my writing will NOT be tolerated. My village was lost to a fire known as 'The Great Chi Fire' eight years ago. I frantically fled to a...
6.1K 318 43
"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝑰𝒔𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒊 𝒐...