Harry potter and the war of l...

By paterdave2

This is a Harry Potter Fanfiction. I don't own any rights they all are J.K.Rowlins The story starts the day a... More

Harry potter and the war of life
Chapter 2 Home sweet home
Chapter 3 Sirius' Return
Chapter 4 Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 5 Details and Arrangements
Chapter 6 Attack on the Burrow
Chapter 7 At the ministry
Chapter 8 Statements and Confrontation
Chapter 9 A birthday to remember
Chapter 10 Trouble in paradise
Chapter 11 Letters
Chapter 12 The three broomsticks
Chapter 13 Diagon Alley
Chapter 14 George
Chapter 15 the Hogwarts express
Chapter 16 The New Teachers
Chapter 17 first lesson
Chapter 18 A lunar problem
Chapter 19 Meeting the Baylay's
Chapter 20 wolf talk
Chapter 21 Revelations
Chapter 22 Fighting Voldemort
Chapter 23 More revelations
Chapter 24 What is it with Malfoy
Chapter 25 Halloween
Chapter 26 Something Forgotten
Chapter 27 Wandless Wonders
Chapter 28 Travel arrangements
Chapter 29 Unexpected
Chapter 30 What to give to the Weasley's
Chapter 31 Fight with Ginny
Chapter 32 Talks with Molly
Chapter 33 Change of plans
Chapter 34 Christmas at the Potters
Chapter 35 Unexpected presents
Chapter 36 Arriving for diner
Chapter 37 Diner
Chapter 38 Talks
Chapter 39 Taking Dudley home
Chapter 41 Trouble at the ministry
Chapter 42 Back at Hogwarts
Chapter 43 Decisions
Chapter 44 The voice of Hogwarts
Chapter 45 What to do with Sirius
Chapter 46 Draco Forgiven
Chapter 47 New Problems
Chapter 48 Trapped
Chapter 49 New information
Chapter 50 The Leader
Chapter 51 Wonders and attacks
Chapter 52 No time to Celebrate
Chapter 53 Letters from home
Chapter 54 Family Talks part 1
Chapter 55 Family Talks part2/Last train ride

Chapter 40 Trip to Paris

501 10 0
By paterdave2

AN/
Thank you all for the votes and the messages. 
First I want to appolegize because of not updating. I wanted but due to a injury on my hand I could not type so with nothing new to upload I could do little.
I am fine now and so with nothing else to say but happy reading for the next chapter.

Paterdave2
END AN/

Chapter 40 Trip to Paris

They appeared in a gazebo near the hotel and entrance to the park. They walked to the side of the hotel were they could see people come out and walk towards the entrance. When they entered Harry could not believe his eyes. The lobby was so big and in the middle stood some couches with on each end 2 glass covers with what looked like some puppets. Harry recognized them from snow white. When Ron saw the big fireplace he asked Harry why they didn't just flood in. Hermione who heard him say it and could see some people look at them stepped in and took Ron by the hand. "Look at that tree Ron don't you think it is great?" She told Harry to check in. Harry and Ginny walked to the reception and checked in. They got their room keys and went upstairs. 

After a few minutes in their amazing rooms they went down and to the park. 

Harry could not believe his eyes. It is just unbelievable. It just looked like a normal shopingstreet but he could see a beautiful castle at the end. 

Ron, Hermione and Ginny also could not believe their eyes. 

The were just inside the park and on the left they had what looked like a city hall. Just a little further it was shops shops and more shops. After they had looked in some shops they took out their map and looked at what they wanted to do. 

They decided to first go to frontierland. And than walk from land to land.  

They walked under what looked like the gates of a great fort and well they could see a mountain in the middle of a small lake. 

They went left and the first ride they would do was the Phantom manor. Harry could not believe what he just had seen. It was that he knew what real ghosts looked like but if he didn't he would have sworn that they just had seen them. They went to get something to eat in the Gold nugget Saloon. When they entered Harry thought he had walked in an saloon in the old west. It just looked like the ones he had seen in the movies. They had the time of their lives and for the first time in years Harry had some care free days. They all had their wands with them but they never needed them. Some of the visitors looked at the 4 friends as if they knew them. Harry could see them looking at them and when he mentioned it to the others when they were sitting in the bar of the hotel they also had seen it over the first 2 days of their visit. "What do you guys think?" Harry asked them. "Do you think they are wizards?" Hermione looked at Harry with a look that told him enough it was a look of are you kidding me. "Harry off course they are wizards." She said. "I don't know if they are from England but you are I think the most famous wizard since Merlin himself." Harry looked shocked. "Great!" Harry said with a sigh. "And here I was thinking going out of the country would help" he told them with a laugh. They all laughed at this. They talked for some time and went up to their rooms and when Harry and Ginny were in their room Harry sat down with a sigh. "What is it love?" Ginny asked. Harry looked at her and did not know what to say. He really had thought he could escape the looks of people when they recognized him and would be just like everybody else when he left England. "I don't know Gin, I just hoped to get some peace and quit when I was out of the country." Ginny looked at Harry with a look of love. "Harry but you are having some peace and quit here." She told him. "Nobody has come to you or shook your hand. Yes they recognize you but they leave you alone." Harry looked at her and now he understood what she meant. He now just hoped that the other days of their trip would be the same. Harry and Hermione had also planned a day in Paris as they thought that a visit to France would not be complete without a visit to the city of love. They had decided that they would go to the city with the four of them but than their ways would split and the two couples would go their own way for some romantic time. Harry took Ginny for a walk down the river Seine and took her for lunch in a sweet small restaurant. Ginny just loved it. She had never thought she would have a day for herself with Harry. He took her shopping in gallery Lafayette Ginny just needed to enter it when they walked past it and the shop windows were so greatly decorated for Christmas. When they walked back to the metro to return to the hotel Harry noticed they were followed. He didn't know if it was a death eater of someone from the ministry. Harry took Ginny by the hand and squeezed it. The way he did this told her something was wrong. "What's wrong Harry?" She asked him. When he told her they were followed she was about to panic when yet another squeeze in her hand assured her Harry had already something planned. They walked on and entered the metro. They got on and waited for their follower to also get on. Just when the warning signal rang before the doors close Harry jumped out with Ginny in his wake as he pulled her with him.  

"Now what?" Ginny asked. Harry smiled at her. "We get the next one." He said with a smirk on his face. He could see Ginny got his plan completely so he explained it to her. "When we are at the next station and the man that followed us here is also getting on we know he is after us. Than when we get of at the park he will be very sorry he was so stupid to give that away. I know what he looked like so I will watch out for him at every station." Ginny relaxed a little when she heard Harry explain. She knew one thing. That person would be very sorry that they had crossed wands with her Harry. 

They got on the next train and when they pulled in the next station their follower was not there. Harry thought that perhaps he had been mistaken, but the second station they entered the man got on the train. It was not in the same car as Harry and Ginny but Harry had seen him. His look told Ginny that he was thinking of his options, she knew that the man had come back on the train when his face changed. They needed to get alone so they could get their wands out, but how? 

The metro ride was over before Harry could think of something to get the man. They had already arrived at the Marne la Vallee/Disneyland station. They got of and Harry knew the man also had got off and still was following them. At that moment it hit him. He could walk around the train station and straight to the hotel. When they entered they took the stairs so the man could follow. The crossed the entrance of the park and went down at the other side. Their they left the hotel again to enter the small garden of the hotel. Harry had taken his wand out and was very fast in his spells. The muggles in the garden would never know what went on due to the anti-muggle spells Harry had used. He placed Ginny as a decoy at about 5 meter from the door as he stood just around the corner. When their follower walked out and stepped back when he got Ginny in sight Harry made his move. He put his wand in the man his back as he steps towards him. "Who are you and why are you following us?" He said. The man didn't move a muscle when he felt the wand in his back. "I don't know who you are or what you are talking about Mr Potter" said the man. Harry heard what he said. "So why do you address me as Mr. Potter if you don't know who I am?" Harry said with venom in his voice. The man now knew his mistake and dropped his head. "I am Gilderoy Silverhood," the man began. "I am an auror at the ministry and send here to shadows you as extra security in the case you would go into the city and ran into a death eater on the run. This was to be a covert operation and you should not have seen me. I was send here at request of Kingsley Shackelbolt and the minister himself. I am sorry to have disturbed your trip Mr. Potter." The man ended his reasoning. Harry felt betrayed by his friend and the minister. What were those two thinking. "Did you also follow us in the park?" He asked. The man named Gilderoy shook his head. "We were stationed at the train station with valid tickets for the whole trip. We waited every day out of view to see what you were gonna do. When you went to the park we kept an eye out for you to return to the hotel. We followed you inside the shopingstreet here at the resort to see of you would go to the city at night but if you entered a restaurant we left." Gilderoy said. Harry had heard the we so he knew there were more of the aurors here. As Ginny got to them he told here what he had heard so far. "How many aurors are there here?" Harry asked. He was now really getting angry. "Two. We split up in Paris when you went your own ways." Harry had heard enough he asked Ginny for her powder box and as Ginny took it out he spook Hermione's name. Just a second later Hermione looked at him through the mirror. "Harry what's wrong?" She asked. "Mione where are you and Ron?" He asked. "Still in Paris but we have the idea we are being followed by a woman." Hermione told Harry. Gilderoy who also could hear what Hermione had said was not surprised that his partner was also caught. "She is from the ministry" Said Harry. "I think Kingsly and Elphinstone have some explaining to do when we return." He added. "What do you want us to do Harry?" Ron asked as he stood beside Hermione. "We were on our way back to the hotel when you called, we can apperate if you want." Harry thought for a second. "No just take the train." he than said. "That way the auror can also come back without the whole office here on our neck." he said with a sigh. He closed the mirror and gave it back to Ginny. "Now what are we gonna do with you?" He said to Gilderoy the man froze just a little bit more than he already was. He knew about the power that Harry or Ginny had and he was not keen to find out who of the two would be using him as target practice. "When Ron and Hermione are back from the city you and your colleague will return to London and tell Kingsley and the minister that you both were caught and send back by us. Also you will inform them that when we return to England we will have a chat with them about this because you and they can be lucky that we decided to get you like this and not stun you on site." He said with anger in his voice. He could see Gilderoy relax a little. "We will wait for your colleague at the train station. Than you can go and leave us be, and don't try to stay because we will notice and than I won't be so easy." They left the hotel and went to the train station. There they waited for Ron and Hermione to return and without her knowing it the auror that has been discovered. 

When Ron and Hermione finally arrived after a 30 minute wait the auror looked shocked to see her partner in the company of Harry and Ginny. When Ron turned up behind her and asked her to follow and come with him she let out a small scream. "Welcome and goodbye" Said Harry to her. "I have already told Gilderoy what you have to do and to tell Kingsley and our Minister of Magic. I hope you had a nice time here in France and now you two can go back." He walked over to the trash bin and took out an old cup. He turned it into a portkey and gave it to Gilderoy. When the female auror at first didn't want to touch the cup Harry became very angry. He pointed his wand at her. "You will touch that cup right now or I will stun you here on the spot and see how they will get that mess sorted out. Your choice." he almost screamed at her. The female auror was so startled at the prospect of being the cause of an international scandal she reluctantly grabbed the cup. Harry touched it with his wand and the two aurors were gone. 

The four teens walked back to their hotel. "What was that all about" Ron asked Harry wanted to start but Ginny knew he would blow and speak so loud the muggles would hear. "Well Kingsley and the minister thought it was necessary to send 2 aurors to keep watch on us if we would go into the city. I think they were scared a death eater would try and attack but what I know is anybody in their right mind will think twice before crossing wands with one of you three." She said as Ron blushed as he heard his sister praise his battle skills "Well Gin that's the problem," said Harry who was glad Ginny had explained. " the death eaters are not in their right minds they are betrayed and lied to. So those people could try and attack us" Ginny looked at Harry with pity. Would he always have to look over his shoulder. Will he ever be really free she thought. She took his hand as they walked on. After a restful evening they went for breakfast the next morning before they would go in the park for the last day, as they would be leaving tonight. Harry had really enjoyed their trip. They were just seated as a little girl approached them. "Excuse me sir," she asked Harry. "Are you Harry Potter?" Before Harry could reply the girls mother was at her side. "Claudia what did I tell you? Leave other people alone you can't just go and talk to people not everybody likes it." Harry could see tears in the girls eyes as her mother corrected her. "It's no problem madam." He said. "She just came over and said hello." Claudia's mother looked at Harry as if she wanted to say I know what happened so leave it. "Alright sir." She said and Harry was glad that for once he was not recognized. "You are lucky young lady that this kind sir says what happened or you would be in big trouble." Her mother said to Claudia. "Now say goodbye and we can get our breakfast." The little girl looked at Harry and than smiled at him. As her mother started to walk towards their own table she said her thanks and goodbyes to Harry for covering for her. As she passes to follow her mother Ginny bent down. "You were right he is Harry Potter," she said as Harry smiled at the little girl. "And you see those two?" Ginny continued as she pointed to Ron and Hermione. The girl nodded. "That is my big brother Ron and Hermione they were with Harry and saved us all just the three of them." The little girl just glowed with joy. Ginny winked at her and the girl ran after her mother. When she came to the table and told her who she had just met her mother almost chocked in her drink. She looked over at the table that Harry and his friends were seated. Harry waved at her and continued his breakfast. "That was a nice thing to do Harry." Said Hermione. Harry looked puzzled at her as he had no idea what he had done. "You told that little girl's mother that she just said hello instead of telling her that she came over to ask if you were you." Hermione explained him. Harry looked at her as he was about to say something but he just shook his head and took another bite. He thought it was nothing just because a small girl was curious doesn't mean she should be in trouble. They had a great day in the park with some last minute shopping. Harry had 1 final great treat for his friends. He had bought them tickets for the late Eurostar train back to London so Ron and Ginny would be riding a muggle train instead of the Hogwarts express. So just after three a clock they left the park and were about to walk to the same spot they had used to portkey in, but to the others surprise Harry just walked on. "Harry it is this way." Said Hermione. Harry just smiled and walked on. Ginny pulled his hand to the direction of their portkey spot but Harry pulled her with him. "Harry the portkey won't wait." Ginny whispered to him. Harry just could not contain himself and wanted to give his friend a little scare. "Well let it leave. I don't want to go back I am staying here." He said. "Harry my love that is just not possible." Ginny said to him. "I would gladly stay with you but we still have school and you need to teach remember." She continued. Hermione and Ron just looked at Harry thinking that he finally had snapped. "Okay Gin," Harry started. "but than I suggest we go by train because I didn't want to have bought these tickets for nothing." Ginny who now understood Harry had been joking put her hands in her side and almost screamed. "Harry James Potter if you ever give me such a fright Merlin help me." Harry just smiled at her and walked on towards the train station. Hermione and Ron had been following quietly both not knowing what Harry had planned. When they finally were seated and the train was moving Hermione felt a little bit of panic. "Harry what if they come and check for tickets?" At this Harry could not contain his laughter. "Guys it's all right. I have 4 tickets I thought Ron and Ginny would like to ride a muggle train for once." Ginny was looking outside the window at the speed of the eurostar. She could not believe that she was going so fast. She cuddled up to Harry and smiled at him. "This is great Harry. Dad will be so jealous." She said to him with a grin. She could not wait to tell her parents of their trip and the visit to Paris. She knew Harry would go to the ministry soon to talk about their unrequested support but well she would leave that to him, for now she was happy to go home and enjoy the start of the new year. She just wished that her whole family could enjoy the new year. She got tears in her eyes at the thought of Fred and how she missed him. This trip had really been good for all of them. Harry who looked at her whispered in her ear? "What is it Gin?" She kissed him on the cheek. "Just thinking about Fred." She said. Harry nodded and pulled her close. He kissed her hair and just sat there with her and his friends. Soon the talk was normal and Ginny was talking about how she would miss the time alone they had with just the four of them. After two and a half hour they were back in London. They walked out the station and Harry wanted to call a cab. He than remembered he didn't know the address of the leaky cauldron. Than when he was about to ask he could see a taxi with a black cat sign in the corner of the window. He walked over and hoped the driver would be a wizard. "Good day are you free at the moment" He asked the driver. Just when the cabdriver wanted to reply he recognized the four teens. "Yes, sir I am" he stuttered. "Where can I take you four hero's." This was a sign for Harry he was hoping for. "The leaky cauldron please." He said. They got in and the driver put their luggage in the back. The trip to the leaky cauldron was a short one and in 15 minutes they were drinking a nice hot chocolate courtesy of Tom. They walked in Diagon alley and walked straight towards to the shop of George. When they entered Harry could see a lot of students from Hogwarts and he could not resist when he got sight of his favorite third year for a little mischief. He walked up just behind Damien and just when the boy was about the snackbox Harry said. "I do hope you are not planning to use those things in my lessons." Damian dropped the box and turned around. "Sorry professor sir I was Euh I was just looking." George who had seen it happening thought he would come over and put the student in more trouble. "I am sorry to report sir that this young man had all kind of stuff to skip lessons at the beginning of the school year." Harry looked at George and when he winked got the idea. "Well thank you for the tip Mr. Weasley I am sure to put that on the report I am gonna write about this." Said Harry as strict as he could. Damien looked as he had seen the devil himself because he really was only looking at the boxes and he loved his classes way to much to skip any of them. "I did not buy anything when I was here in the summer." He said with disbelief in his voice. How could that man say he had this was the first time ever he had sat foot in the store. Harry and George looked at each other and started laughing. "I would appreciate if you would not use them in my class as I can tell if it is one of these sweets or not." Said Harry with a smile. He could no longer see his student fight to get out of this. He winked at Damien and said at a whisper. "Don't tell any of the other teachers but I helped test these." Damien finally broke a smile. "Wicked." Was all he could say. Harry hugged George and told him they just came over to say hello and to floo home. Than the others came over. "Hello big brother." Said Ginny with a smile. "How is business? Hi Damien how was your Christmas, I hope George and Harry aren't giving you a too hard time?" Damien still could not say a lot. He was so shocked that his teacher helped to developed sweets to skip classes. "It is not so polite to say nothing when asked a question." Said Harry as he bumped Damien back to reality. "O Yeah sorry. A great and no they were just pulling my leg." The boy said in a rush. They all laughed at this. "Well we see you at school I think" said Harry as they walked of to go to the back room. There they said goodbye to George and asked him to get to Potter manor that evening for diner with them. They threw the floo powder in the fireplace and in a swoosh of green flames they were home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295 46 13
"๐€๐ง๐ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž, ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ." ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ...
20.5K 268 75
These are fandoms that I made up. Please don't steal my work. They are not like other one shots. I do not own the Harry Potter characters except my...
1.7K 150 19
Edit: this book is horrible and it doesn't add up because I was editing the storyline but gave up halfway. Read at your own risk. -+ร—+- Hi, My name i...
9.2K 290 8
Harry and Hermione just arrived to the Final Battle. Ron had disappeared before the battle even started. They had been betrayed and Dumbledore's plan...