Darkness Rises & Light To Mee...

By KyloRing

If everyone would just stop. Let him burn. Let him go. The pain would cease and he would finally be free. Som... More

Kill It If You Have To
Lost
Something Else
Monster
What I Know To Be True
Connection
Snoke
A New Alliance
Say Something
A New Order
The Girl
Knights & Nightmares
Loss
Evidence
Forgiveness?
Forced
Awkward Situations
Ash & Smoke
Shadows of The Past
Darkness
Reveal
Fighters
Exposed
Solo
Memory
Serperated
Distraction
City In The Clouds
Mine
Taken
All In
Quillon
Uncivilized Manner
The End

Beaten

387 22 7
By KyloRing

It had taken longer than he had liked to reach the city planet of Coruscant. Even from the depths of space you could make out the layout of the massive city complex. The billions of glittering lights almost rivaled the number of stars in the sky. Ben never liked that particular planet. Too many people all corralled inside a concrete super system. To think that the old Jedi order had once resided in a massive temple on this planet...

The Falcon seemed to chatter in the background as they coasted through space nearing the Finalizer. Jacen looked behind him towards the navigational panel making a face at its incessant chatter.

"Want me to check that out?" He nodded towards the panel.

Ben shrugged. "She is just being temperamental. Ignore her."

Jacen raised his eyebrows. "Her?"

"Don't ask." He replied sharply maneuvering the Falcon towards the star destroyer.

"Ben. What are you doing?"

"Getting their attention."

Jacen looked at his former master as if he had lost his mind. "Would you mind explaining how getting captured or blown to bits is going to save Rey?" He snapped.

"If they want me they can have me."

"You know she won't leave without you." A statement meant to convince him against his plan.

She's done that once she can do it again.

"You're going to make sure she gets off this ship. Drag her, knock her out if you have to. Just-" He bit the inside of his cheek then, centering himself. "Just do what you have to."

Shaking his head Jacen stood, rubbing his temples. "We're all getting out of this."

Sighing he let go of the controls as the tractor beam pulled them into the star destroyer. Jacen had always been the optimist and there was no use in arguing with him. Standing beside his...friend Ben managed a small grin.

"Let's give them hell then."

~~~

With a hiss the ramp of the Falcon opened revealing a mass of storm troopers filled into formation. In front of them stood General Hux, a satisfied grin curled onto his pink lips, and Quillon with the remaining Knights of Ren beside him. Ben looked them twice over blood going cold. Rey was not here.

Struggling to keep himself centered he reached out with force searching for the life signature he knew so well. The one that was his.

Nothing.

It took everything within him not to ignite his saber and tear open everything in sight. Jacen had a hand hovering over his own weapon in anticipation for what he knew would be an all out battle.

Eyes seething Ben shot a deadly look at Hux, jaw clenched so tight it was a wonder that his teeth didn't crack.

It was Hux who spoke first unable to hide the immeasurable pleasure he was feeling at seeing his trap work so well. "Welcome home Ren." His toothy grin spread wide across his face. "How convenient of you to deliver the other traitor to us."

"Where is she?" It came out more like a command than a question.

Quillon chuckled quietly. "I thought you assured Snoke you would not be seduced and yet the jedi has you wrapped around her finger."

Kriffing prick.

Ben reached out again searching for anything any shred of Rey. She had to be alive. Nothing. Again and again and again he found nothing. No. She had to be on this ship. He hadn't sensed her light going out. He would have sensed it. Wouldn't he? Fear and rage surged through every fiber of his being like nothing he had ever felt before.

He could not lose her. She was all he had, all he would ever had.

His fists clenched tightly at his sides, the only way to contain his boiling anger. He couldn't act yet not until he knew where she was. Knew that she was far away from here and safe.

Jacen ignited his saber, "Where's the jedi Quillon?"

Quillon tsked, Hux merely shook his head in disappointment. "Careful Ren, if you want to see her again you'll both come quietly."

Good. She's alive then.

Ben motioned to Jacen to put his saber away the former knight obeyed begrudgingly.

"Good." Hux's smile was feline in nature curving at the corner of his lips. "Take them to the girl then. So the traitors my die together."

A squad of troopers surrounded them, relieving them of their weapons, as they escorted them to the main deck. Two soldiers held Jacen as they marched however none dared touch him, Ben smirked at that.

Good. They still fear Kylo Ren's wrath. As they should.

A small advantage but an advantage nonetheless. How many would balk if he took his saber back and ignited it? The only ones trained in fighting against lightsabers were the knight and the late Pretorian Guards. He doubted they would all run from him though. Once they realized that their strength in numbers would overwhelm him it would be over.

As they approached the main deck and the doors whisked open Rey's energy hit him like a steel wall. Quillon, he realized had been masking her from him. The mere sight of her nearly knocked him off his feet.

They had beaten her.

Her lips were varying shades of red, purple, and black.

Her hair was slick with sweat sticking to her neck and face.

The cuffs around her wrists were on so tight that they were lined with dried blood and bruises were visible.

Heart threatening to beat out of his chest Ben impulsively took a step towards her, voice cracking. "Rey?" It was barely a whisper.

Waving a hand Hux allowed him to approach her. "Did you know the dumb girl tried to escape?" He watched in satisfaction as Ben knelt before Rey cupping her face in his hands.

"Rey?" He forgot momentarily where he was his only focus on what was his. His to protect.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I failed you. I failed.

She stirred as he brushed her hair back away from her face. "Ben?" A half hearted grin lit her face up as she met his eyes, her own glossed over.

Blinking away the silver on his eyes Ben glared at Hux then assessed the room. Less troopers could fill this space. More were surely waiting just outside. The biggest threat right now was Quillon and his minions. He needed to make a way out for Jacen and Rey. If he had to stay behind he would.

"Who knew the downfall of the mighty Kylo Ren would be a pair of pretty eyes."  Quillon chimed in grinning ear to ear. "Imagine what I could do to her once you're gone." Quillon's yellow eyes accessed Rey like she was a piece of meat. "Tell me Ben does she scream?"

That was the last straw. With one fluid motion he summoned his saber ignited it and flew at Quillon. Jacen disarmed the troopers that were holding him in place and began making quick work of the mediocre fighters.

Quillon chuckled as their sabers clashed. "I see I've hit a nerve? Not that it was ever a difficult task with you."

Ben used his full force as they engaged. Dancing circles around the main deck. A quick momentary glance told him Jacen had cut Rey's bindings, they were fighting together. Rey picking up an electric baton from a fallen trooper. Hux was nowhere to be found.

Parry.

He's weak on the right.

He parried again stumbling back a few steps.

Wait. Keep your feet under you. Wait.

Confidence taking over Quillon surged forward lifting his saber ever so slightly too far upward exposing his middle.

There!

Ben took the opening letting Quillon's tip graze his shoulder as he struck for his right side. But his opponent saw this, taking a lesser blow to his right side he grappled with Ben pivoting into a stronger position.

Kriff.

Breathing heavily Ben struggled to maintain his position. Loosing his grip on his saber.

Kriff!

Quillon twisted his arms behind him with one move his arms would easily snap in two. Heart aching and legs trembling he looked desperately for Rey.

But he couldn't see her.

This was it.

He would die alone and a failure.

~~~

Hello beautiful people!

I want to apologize for the long wait. I was prepping to go out of town and then this past week I was in Walt Disney World so obviously I wasn't writing while on vacation.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter please let me know what you think!

With only a few chapters left I want to thank all of you for reading and sticking with me for so long. It really means the world to me! ❤️

Quick question: Once this is finished is anyone interested in a playlist chapter so y'all know what I listened to while writing this *cringes* wonderful piece of work?

I'm going to continue writing some fan fictions along with my original work so don't worry. Those of you who are around for the fanfic will still get it! -however I would die of happiness if y'all also told me what you think of my other work-

~KyloRing ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 211 39
[Sequel to Safe Haven] "I can't do this, I'm freaking out, Nathalie, I am freaking out." Macey was lying on her bed in her room, phone pressed again...
2.1K 90 11
"𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢." "𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐨" is another fanfic story for the former...
1M 65.8K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.1K 70 18
Di Angelo is forced to spend three WHOLE days with his so called Doctor Solace... Will he survive?