๐€๐๐†๐„๐‹๐’, gilmore girls

By nicbelles

"I've been seeing angels In my living room That have walked the sun And have slept on the moon." ... More

๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘บ.
๐‘ฎ๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ท๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช ๐‘ฎ๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐’€.
๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ.
โฐยน, THE WORLD OF CHARLIE GILMORE
โฐยฒ, A TARANTINO NIGHT
โฐยณ, THE DIFFERENCES IN TWINS
โฐโด, KEROUAC, VONNEGUT, GINSBERG
โฐโต, A DEBUTANTE NIGHT
โฐโท, TWO HIGH-SCHOOLERS WALK INTO A BAR. . .
โฐโธ, FRIENDLY HOOK-UP
โฐโน, A TOWN MEETING TO REMEMBER
ยนโฐ, ROMEO, OH, ROMEO. . . OH, BOY
ยนยน, THE FIRST SNOW
ยนยฒ, ASS-KICKING BLESSING
ยนยณ, THE BRACEBRIDGE DINNER
ยนโด, A MORTAL KOMBAT REUNION
ยนโต, VAN GOGH VS FRIDA KAHLO
ยนโถ, TERMITE TACTICS
ยนโท, NEW YEAR'S KISS
ACT TWO.
ยนโธ, A BOYFRIEND SCANDAL
ยนโน, NOT A DATE
ยฒโฐ, BEHIND THE RORY CURTAIN
ยฒยน, BAKING AISLE
ยฒยฒ, A CHILTON DEBATE
ยฒยณ, COLD COFFEE CUPS
ยฒโด, THE PROJECT
ยฒโต, A LUKE DANES NIGHTMARE
ยฒโถ, CEMENT COFFEE
ยฒโท, SMOOTH MOVES
ยฒโธ, SERENADED AND BETRAYED
ACT THREE.
ยฒโน, PICASSOS WITH DALI
ยณโฐ, BRIBE DONUTS
ยณยน, ALL FOR ICE CREAM CONES
ยณยฒ, GONE FISHIN'
ยณยณ, VOICEMAIL FOR HOPE
ยณโด, CLOSING UP FOR THE NIGHT

โฐโถ, TEENAGERS WILL BE TEENAGERS

25.2K 988 816
By nicbelles

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 . . . 𝘛𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘉𝘦 𝘛𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴
❝ We have all the time in the world. ❞

  SOME MIGHT CONSIDER Charlie Gilmore a bad employee for the simple fact that she halted her usual morning shift the second her mother and sister entered the diner. But, then again, when compared to Jess who'd make eye contact with customers asking for refills and stroll past them, Charlie taking a break during a busy shift was swept under the rug.

  "Good morning, family," Charlie greeted, setting down a trio of mugs before filling them nearly to the brim with coffee.

  "Why are you in such a good mood?" Rory questioned with a raised brow.

  "Don't question, just accept," Lorelai said quickly, "You're my favorite. . . until proven otherwise."

  "Ah, the princess has been de-throned," Charlie teased her sister before taking a seat across her mother.

  "It's so weird seeing him talk like that," Lorelai said, making the twins' tension disappear and search for the subject of their mother's comment, "Just all friendly. He's usually only good for a couple of gruff monosyllables and then he's off."

  Charlie huffed out a laugh after realizing her mother had been referring to the diner owner who was happily chatting with a woman across the restaurant.

  "Maybe he just doesn't like you guys."

  "Ouch, harsh."

  "What?" Charlie said defensively, "He, most of the time, talks too much to me."

  "You're the exception, apparently for all the males in that family," Lorelai dismissed with a wave of her hand, making Charlie purse her lips in annoyance. "He never flirts with any of the women, do you two notice that?"

  "He's flirted with you multiple times," Charlie sighed tiredly, standing as if to signify that she was finished with the conversation.

  "Don't start!"

  "Hey, flirt with him right now we need food." 

  Charlie shook her head as her mother flirted with Luke in a thick southern accent, a sliver of laughter sneaking out when Luke told her to keep her pants on.

  "Rory and my mom think you have a secret life."

  Luke gave Charlie a look as she slid behind the counter, grabbing a trio of plates. She returned this look with one of her own— complete with a half-smile.

  "I do," He deadpanned, tucking a pen behind his ear.

  "Better be cooler than this life," She said, "You know, if you have two lives the second one has got to be more interesting than. . . loner diner owner."

  "I'm not a loner diner owner."

  "Hmm," Charlie nodded, suppressing her amusement as she walked to deliver orders— with Luke on her heels. "Tell me, Lucas, do you have any friends?"

  "What— Of course, I have friends."

  "You don't ever spend time with these fictitious friends," She pointed, making the man open his mouth to retort, "And I don't count. I'm half your age."

  "I'd rather be a loner than call a high-schooler that makes some seriously questionable dietary choices my friend." 

  "Are you calling me fat?"

  Luke shook his head in exasperation at the dramatic girl, turning on his heel and dragging himself upstairs as Charlie continued her overly-offended comments.

  The second he was out of sight, she snickered to herself. And, just when Charlie thought she'd dodged her mother and Luke's berating, Jess popped his head into the back supply closet.

  "Luke told us to get to school."

  "Didn't take you for a guy who listened to anyone," Charlie grumbled, pushing herself up from her makeshift seat.

  "Hey, I didn't say we had to go," Jess dragged out, "Just that he said we should."

  "That is more like it, Mariano," Charlie smiled.

  And, naturally, Lorelai Gilmore's mind went a thousand miles a minute when she spotted Charlie and Jess emerging from a pantry together— none of the thoughts being all too good.

  "Good, he found you," Luke sighed, sliding a bagged donut and a to-go coffee cup across the counter, "Now go to school. Actually go to school."

  "Aye aye, Captain," Charlie mocked, grabbing her breakfast, "Bye, Lucas."

  "Dude," Jess laughed as soon as the two had made it down Luke's front steps, "You have him wrapped around your finger!"

  "Took me ten years, Mariano, it was not easy," The girl lectured, tearing her donut in half and passing it to Jess, "But, stick with me, and I can teach you my ways."

  "Promise?" Jess grinned boyishly.

  "Only if I can log it as charity hours for school," Charlie pointed, making the boy laugh shortly. Though, her amusement dwindled when a cluster of girls pumped up their laughter to attract Jess' attention.

  It worked, in the wrong way, as Jess gave them a questioning look— believing something to seriously be wrong with the teens.

  "Keep it moving and don't make eye contact," Charlie mumbled, grabbing Jess's bicep and tugging him along, "It's gross— Liam mentioned it but I didn't exactly believe it."

  "Believe what?"

  "That from girls 15 to 18, you are Stars Hollow's most eligible bachelor," Charlie sighed, letting her hand fall, "We never get new people, and when we do it's not some hot 17-year-old guy with a shitty attitude."

  "You think I'm hot?"

  "Don't let it go to your head," Charlie blushed, sipping her coffee to hide her rosy cheeks.

  "Too late."

  "Whatever," She mumbled, "I didn't think he was being serious about it, but apparently. . ."

  "15? Really?" Jess asked in disbelief, "I mean, 16, maybe, but 15?"

  "Oh, so I have a very small chance?" Charlie jokingly flirted, turning towards Jess but continuing to walk backward, "Mariano, have I ever told you how good you look in a denim jacket?"

  "No, but I'd appreciate a little recognition every now and then from the only normal person within a 25-mile radius."

  Charlie laughed, turning and falling back in step with Jess.

  "Isn't it weird you decided to be friends with the one girl that isn't into you?"

  That was a shot to Jess' ego, not that he'd ever admit it.

  "No, that's why we're friends," He fibbed, "Couldn't handle another girl drooling over me like I'm freakin' River Phoneix."

  "Don't compare yourself to the legend, Mariano," Charlie sighed, "May he rest in peace."

  "You're so dramatic sometimes, you know that?"

  "Adds to my charm."

  "Right," He laughed, "So, you're not into me, but. . ."

  "But?" Charlie prompted.

  "But you're into Liam? I mean, come on."

  "Is this jealousy or judgment?"

  "Let's say a bit of both, for fun," Jess shrugged with a smirk.

  "I'm not into Liam," Charlie laughed, rolling her eyes, "I just. . . yeah, okay, whatever, I'm into him. Don't tell Em, or him, obviously."

  "Why would I do that?"

  "I don't know, I felt like I had to say it," She shrugged defensively, "Whatever, I am— was— into him. I mean, I still like him. Feelings don't just go away. But we kissed at the debutante ball and. . ."

  "And?" Jess asked, nudging the girl as they took a seat on an abandoned bench behind Doose's, "C'mon, don't get all quiet on me now, Connecticut."

  "And he said there's more to being together than just having feelings for eachother," She released it like a held-in breath, "That we want different things and dating would ruin our friendship. It's nice to know he doesn't want to lose me, but. . . I mean, I guess everyone wants to be with someone who'd risk everything to be together."

  Jess nodded along, actively listening as Charlie stared out at a lone street light.

  "I know relationships aren't just. . . two people loving eachother. I know a lot of people who love eachother aren't together. I'm not an idiot. I just think if you have feelings for someone, you want to put in the effort a relationship requires. That he'd at least give it a shot, you know? If he really liked me?"

  "He's an idiot if he doesn't," Jess said nonchalantly, taking Charlie's coffee while she was distracted by his words, "I might be the new kid, plus I'm pretty hot shit—" Charlie snorted. "—But I'm not the first guy in your town to get distracted by you."

  "Distracted?"

  "I was serious when I said you were the only interesting thing here," Jess continued, undeterred. "Guys notice you. You could probably get anyone you wanted— and yet, you're stuck on the one who isn't willing to give it a shot, and you're spending time with the gum on the bottom of Star's Hollow's metaphorical shoe."

  "Alright, Gum," Charlie rolled her eyes, "You've been here for, what, a week? You'll come to realize that first, everyone here hates me. It's a weird town that doesn't like kids like me and Em. Liam fits because of football, but if he wasn't a jock and filthy rich, he'd be just as outcast as us. No guy has ever wanted to date me, even as a last resort, and you're probably the only good thing that has ever wandered into town."

  "You'll regret saying that in a week, tops," Jess said seriously, taking a sip of the beverage before making a face.

  "What?"

  "I hate coffee," Jess informed, passing the girl her cup back.

  "Nope, you're right, I'm already regretting it."

  "Can't take it back."

  "I want to."

  "Sorry, you're not allowed to."

  Laughter shattered the bubble Jess and Charlie had worked themselves into, her simple movement of scooting further to the right so that her knee no longer brushed against Jess's seemed to drag his mood down ten stories. 

  And once realizing she'd done this because she could tell it was Liam and Emma, Jess found himself not only more disappointed— but jealous.

  Jealousy, an emotion he had only felt when related to envying kids with new clothes and full, functional families.

  Not a girl.

  "There she is," Liam cheered, claiming the spot beside Charlie and thoughtlessly laying his arm on the bench behind her, "Em thought you got lost again."

  "I didn't get lost, I just thought sitting in the girl's locker room was a good way to skip Trig."

  "But just avoiding school is?" Emma asked, sitting beside Jess and pulling out a back of Pyramid cigarettes and a black lighter.

  "I'll go in after first," Charlie defended, leaning back as Emma passed a cigarette to Liam, "Are you guys coming with me, or do I have to sit through Simmons' lecture on Shakespeare alone?"

  "I have to, or else dear old mom will ground me for another month," Emma mumbled, lighting her cigarette, "Shit, I have P.E. today, don't I?"

  "Yes," Liam informed, "And I have football— Jess, you goin' in after first?"

  Jess raised his eyebrows, shocked to be involved in the conversation. But, he only shrugged in response.

  "Oh, I forgot, he only talks to Charlie," Emma mocked, "Jesus, get over yourself."

  "You're one to talk."

  "And he speaks!"

  "Em," Charlie frowned, "You're being mean."

  "Charlie," Emma repeated, "You're looking at me like I just kicked a puppy, we've said much worse— you've said much worse."

  "Yeah, not about people I'm friends with."

  "A guy she's known for a second is where she draws the line, not her twin sister."

  "Dude," Liam intervened, "Not cool."

  "You're both PMSing today, and I'm not in the mood for it," Emma announced, standing from the bench, "Come find me when the stick is out of your asses!"

  Charlie scoffed as Emma hurried off, taking a sharp turn before disappearing behind the bookstore.

  "She's just dealing with her mom right now," Charlie excused to Jess, pulling her feet onto the bench, "She's really a cool person to hang out with."

  "Not saying she isn't."

  "Charls, you're good," Liam nudged her gently, "You don't have to make excuses for her."

  Charlie bit the inside of her cheek, seemingly mulling over Liam's reassurance.

  "I feel bad."

  "Nothin' to feel bad about, Connecticut," Jess noted, "What she's going through, and how she acts because of it isn't your responsibility."

  "Never thought I'd say this, but I'm agreeing with Brooklyn over here."

  "Not from Brooklyn, Daniel Desario."

  "I'm startin' to see why you're hanging out with him," Liam chuckled to Charlie, "Now, what will we do with all this time?"

  In case you were curious, Liam Montgomery, Charlie Gilmore, and Jess Mariano smoked a doobie on the Stars Hollow bridge before knocking around to high-school. They spaced out all of English, and Emma— who had seemingly cooled off— was slightly jealous of their laugh attack after the bell rang.

  Though, Charlie had lost her high by the time the final bell announced the end of the day, her heart still skipped a beat when Mr. Hagan called her back.

  "Ms. Gilmore, can I have a moment?"

  The girl wanted to say no. She wanted to run home and take an hour long shower and wash her clothes and act as though she had never even seen weed before— but, the girl couldn't.

  So she played it cool.

  "Sure," She sighed, allowing herself to sink back into her seat. "What's up?"

  "Despite your behavior, you are one of my best students," The man began, earning a small smile from Charlie. "I was wondering if you would be willing to tutor someone?"

  "Do I get extra credit or something for it?" 

  The man sighed as if he'd expected it out of her. That, maybe her sister would simply do such a thing out of the kindness of her heart, but there wasn't a chance from Charlie.

  "Sure." 

  "Then yeah, totally."

  "Wonderful," Mr. Hagan sighed in relief this time, "I believe you're already acquainted with him; Jess Mariano."

  "Yeah, I know him," She mumbled, crossing her arms, "He needs a tutor?"

  "He's not doing well in my class," The man informed regretfully. "I'm asking you to help a fellow classmate out— encourage him to bring his grades up at the very least. If he can pass the next text, you will receive a 100 on your lowest quiz grade."

  Charlie approached his desk only when he held out a small stack of papers.

  "Right," She mumbled, thumbing through the papers to realize it was a mountain of worksheets, "What, you want him to do all of these?"

  "Practice does make perfect, Charlotte."

  Charlie rolled her eyes, taking this as her cue to leave. She was startled by the body leaning against the wall beside the door, and her annoyance only seemed to grow when Jess fell in step with her— already sporting a cocky smirk. 

  "Not too happy to be tutoring me?"

  "I should just forget about the idea of extra credit," She huffed, handing Jess the worksheets as she pushed the double doors open, "I know I act like I don't care, but I really try to keep my grades up."

  "What, you a secret genius, Doosie Howser?"

  Charlie snorted, Jess smiled.

  "Far from it," She sighed, "I work my ass off to stay in honor roll, was a cheerleader freshman year, student body treasurer now— I hate this place but all for the sake of a college resume, right?"

  "So, college?" Jess pressed, almost laughing at the fact that Charlie had led him, yet again, back to her bridge, "That's what the Charlotte Gilmore wants her future to be? Not NYC for music or waitressing in some diner in another country?"

  "Mmh," Charlie hummed amusedly, sitting on the side of the bridge aside Jess, "I'm good at music, but not good enough to do anything with it— and trust me, if Luke Danes didn't own that diner I wouldn't be working there. But, yeah, college. It's always kind of been this inevitable destination for me."

  "Why's that?"

  "A lot of stuff, I guess. It's kind of expected of me and Rory, since our mom didn't, I guess. And I'd like to do at least one thing that would make my grandparents proud." Charlie looked to her side, only to find Jess giving her a questioning look, "I just mean. . . my mom likes having a fun daughter, someone like her. . . but I'm way more like her than either of us care to admit."

  "Right. . . but what does that have to do with college?"

  "My mom is the first great dissapointment of Emily and Richard Gilmore. I'm carrying on that title," Charlie shrugged, "I'm not the granddaughter they want. So I'm gonna surprise everyone. Get into Yale, get a degree in something, and probably never use it."

  "Why do it then?" Jess scoffed, "It's a waste of time, money, and sanity."

  "Yeah, but then I can say I did it," Charlie smiled softly, "And no one can take that away from me."

  Jess didn't really have a comment for that. He was starting to understand a lot about Charlie, picking up fragments like they were precious jewels. She seemed to be the less favorable twin, the less accomplished and less overall liked.

  Not that he could figure out how anyone in their right mind could find something wrong with Charlie, or why they may possibly like Rory over her.

  "Who knows," Charlie shattered the silence, "Maybe I won't go."

  "We have time," Jess shrugged with a half-smile— something he seemed to have a degree in.

  "We have all the time in the world."

  Charlie turned her head slightly, so that while most of her vision was engulfed by the still scenery, she could still see Jess out of her peripheral. It was odd, how content they both were in a moment as simple as this. Just two kids, sitting on a bridge with no meaning to anyone but them, hoping for nothing more than another million moments like this.

( AUTHOR'S NOTE. )
having a Terrible, Horrible, No Good,
 Very Bad Day, hbu?? anyway,

Liam + Em + Jess + Charlie?
An unexpected group of
friends, but for the re-readers,
not the ultimate one.
speaking off. . . guess who
we meet next chapter??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855K 39.8K 170
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
2M 105K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
123K 4.9K 40
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
219K 5.8K 25
ใ€Œ๐—ฅ๐—จ๐— ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ฆ ใ€ โ›in which an oblivious model stumbles upon an f1 driver during a rough night and without even knowing who he is creates...