My Step-Brothers

Von gracegxlee

Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school... Mehr

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Divorce Forms
Chapter 2: It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 3: Jonathon
Chapter 4: Jonathon Part2
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Memory
Chapter 7: Hospital
Chapter 8: Moving?
Chapter 9: Moving? AGAIN?
Chapter 10: Meet the New Family
READS UPDATE :)
Chapter 11: Snitches get Stitches
Chapter 12: Birthday
Chapter 13: Pain
Chapter 14: Small Fight
Chapter 15: Out To Eat
Chapter 16: Sick
Chapter 17: Swimming Accident
Chapter 18: A New Friend
Chapter 19: Into The Woods
Chapter 20: Coming Back Again
Chapter 21: Running Away
Chapter 22: School Starts Soon
Chapter 23: Back To School Shopping
Chapter 24: School
Chapter 25: After School
Chapter 25: Picture
Chapter 26: Ankle
Chapter 27: Different Sides
Chapter 29: Matthew
Chapter 30: Least Favorite
Chapter 31: Shopping Incident
Chapter 32: Stealing
Chapter 33: Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep
Chapter 34: Instagram Account
Chapter 35: Dad Finds Out
Chapter 36: Dad finds out PT. 2
Chapter 37: Alex & Andrew PT1
Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2
Chapter 39: Split Family & News
Chapter 40: Claire and Her Brother
Chapter 41: Waking Up
Chapter 42: Wedding Day
Chapter 43: Wedding day Pt. 2
Chapter 44: Stuck in The Rain
Chapter 45: Re-introductions
Chapter 46: I like you.
Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds
Chapter 48: Where Everything Started Turning Around
Chapter 49: First Detention Ever
Chapter 50: Studying Hard
Chapter 51: Test & Christmas Special
Chapter 52: Christmas Special Part 2
Chapter 53: Invisible
Chapter 54: Trust & Betrayal
Chapter 55: Goodbye, friends
Chapter 56: Falling Apart
Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too
Chapter 58: My Brothers' Gift
Chapter 59: Happier
Chapter 60: Visit To The Hospital
Chapter 61: Matthew's Back & Accidents
Chapter 62: Blaming and Trust
Chapter 63: I Hate My Life
Chapter 64: Suicide
Chapter 65: The Notes
Chapter 66: The Accident
Chapter 67: Staying In The Hospital
Chapter 68: Flashbacks
Ending
Note
Sequel!

Chapter 28: Saved?

61.5K 1.7K 1.1K
Von gracegxlee

E V A N N A

  Jayden was definitely not in the mood to deal with anyone today. His body tensed when he saw me. Everyone stared at him as he walked past them, whispering to each other. He walked into History, ramming into me with his shoulder before he went in.

I stared at my desk, afraid. I didn't want to sit with him. Not today. He glared at me and grabbed his binder. He started walking towards the door.

What was he doing?

He left, and I saw him head to the bathroom.

Was he skipping class?

I sat down in my seat, relieved that he wasn't going to be here.

Gym wasn't so good either. I was being shoved, hit, and tripped.

In English, Jayden sat in the back, while I sat in the front row. The teacher came in, but it wasn't our regular teacher.

"Hello, everyone. I'm your substitute teacher, Mrs. Wagons. Your teacher is sick, so I'll be taking over," she said with a smile.

She went on with her lesson. She told us to take out our textbook for the book we were reading in class. Mrs. Wagons started talking again, but stopped.

"Um, you in the back?" Mrs. Wagons said, lifting her glasses up.

I followed her gaze and turned my head towards the back. She was staring at Jayden.

He had headphones on and looked like he wasn't even paying attention.

"Excuse me! What's your name?" She said again.

The whole classroom was watching. Jayden met her eyes. He motioned to his headphones and mouthed, 'What? I can't hear you.'

Mrs. Wagons turned red. I didn't know if it was out of embarrassment or anger. Was this the first time coming to this school? I haven't seen her around.

She marched over to Jayden and ripped his headphones off his head. "This is against the rules!"

Jayden leaned back, crossing his arms. "So?"

Her eyes widened. "Excuse me? How dare you talk to me like that? What's your name?"

"I'm guessing this is your first time here, if you don't know me."

He was so cocky and arrogant. I've never met someone like him.

"What is your name? Or I'll give you detention."

He chuckled. "Jayden."

"Well, Jayden, you are not allowed to be listening to music."

Jayden smirked. "What are you going to do?"

Mrs. Wagons clenched her fists. A moment later, she pointed towards the door. "Get out! Now!"

Jayden sighed, grabbing his binder. "Finally."

"What? Jayden! Come back-"

He was already out the door. Some people were giggling, staring in awe, or staring in fear. I turned back to my book, and waited for the teacher.

***

"Get me a slice of pizza," Blake said.

"I'll get French fries, a sprite, and chocolate ice cream," Owen added.

"I want soda," Cathryn said, a smile on her face.

Claire grinned. "I want ice cream too. Also fries and a cheeseburger."

Jayden glared at me. He was still very mad at me. "You can buy all of that, right? I know you have a lot of money in your school account."

Rose put in a lot of money for me. I was thankful but told her I didn't need it. She put it in anyway. Jayden was jealous? His mom only gave him $50 or something.

"How much?" Owen asked.

Jayden's fists clenched. "$100."

Blake whistled. "Damn, you must be the favorite child in your family."

"Yeah. Must be," Jayden growled.

"Hurry up and buy us lunch!" Cathryn urged, tapping on the table with her nails.

I got up and walked towards the line. I bought all the stuff for them and went back to the table.

"Thanks, loser," Blake said, taking the pizza.

Jayden had thrown my lunch away, again. It's been the 14th times he's done that. It wasn't like I was going to eat it anyway. I was trying to lose weight.

"Oh my gosh, did you hear?" Someone said.

Half of the lunch room went silent. It wasn't long enough before they erupted into whispers.

"Yeah, I feel so bad for Jayden," another whispered.

Jayden's eyes snapped up to meet mine. His eyes were cold, and hard, while mine showed fear.

"What happened?"

"You don't know?"

Owen was about to stand up, but Jayden tugged his sleeve. Owen glanced at Jayden and sat back down. "Jayden..."

"Someone spread a rumor that... Jayden's Dad died," a boy near our table said.

Something in Jayden snapped. He stood up, the chair falling onto the floor. The whole lunch room went silent, and I could tell everyone was afraid of him.

His eyes the boy. He grabbed the kid's shirt and lifted him off his chair. Everyone's eyes widened. Jayden was strong...

He threw the boy across the cafeteria, and he landed on the floor. Everyone cringed as they heard a sound. The sound of bones cracking. The boy wailed in pain as few of his friends rushed to him.

Jayden turned back to me. He tapped on Owen's shoulder and jerked his head towards the door. Jayden walked out, and Owen nudged Blake.

Owen stood up and grabbed my arm.

"O-Owen," I stammered, wincing as his grip got tighter.

He dragged me outside, while Blake and Jayden's other friends followed. I tried fighting back, but that only made it worse. Owen threw me on the ground when we reached the empty classroom.

Jayden cracked his knuckles. "God dammit, Evanna!"

I felt a hard blow to my face and I found myself, on the floor, seeing blood drop onto the ground. He split my lips. Again.

"Fucking bitch!" He yelled, grabbing my hair.

He lifted me up, but only to slap me. I got shoved onto the wall, and I looked down, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm so fucking sick and tired of you!"

He raised his fists to hit me again and I flinched, waiting for the blow.

But it never came.

I looked up and saw a boy I have never seen. He was grabbing Jayden's wrists, preventing him front hitting me.

"Don't hit people," the boy said, casually.

Jayden's eyes flamed with anger. "Who the fuck-"

The boy turned to me. He had jet black hair, and brown eyes. He was almost as tall as Jayden, and he looked kind. He turned back to Jayden, and released his fists.

"Don't hit her. Unless you want more people to find out about your father," the boy said.

Jayden's eyes widened. "It was you? Who the fuck are you?"

Jayden slammed his body onto the wall, breathing hard. "I've never seen you. You're new?"

"Yeah, I am. I'm guessing you're popular, seeing that everyone knows you."

"Are you trying to start something?" Jayden growled.

"You shouldn't have hit her."

Jayden punched his face. The boy staggered, chuckling. He wiped the blood from his nose. "You're pathetic."

Owen and Blake rushed towards Jayden, holding him back. Jayden managed to hit him a couple of times, and the new boy stood there, taking all the blows.

The boy turned towards me, and grabbed my wrist. "Come on."

He led me outside and back to the cafeteria hallway. He offered me a warm smile and handed me a tissue. "You're bleeding."

"So are you," I said, staring at the already forming bruise near his eye, and his bleeding nose.

He shrugged. "I've been through much worse."

"T-thank you," I mumbled, feeling ashamed about myself.

"I'm Matthew."

"I'm Evanna."

***

I'm sorryyyyy! I know it's been three days... I really am sorry. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! So there's a new character, Matthew!

What do you think of Matthew?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed the story so far!

-Grace

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
lost love Von mfjazzy

Jugendliteratur

4.1K 139 33
Carmella living in London with her abusive step dad thinking life could not get any worse after her mum died the only person she thought every truly...
271K 12.5K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
1M 31.5K 48
The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died giving birth to her. Being neglected and...