Monster Lover ~ The Lycan (BW...

By Aurora_217

Ali B. is just your ordinary high school student attending Wood Crest High or so she thought. She has it roug... More

Chapter 1: Wood Crest High
Chapter 2: Move or Be Moved
Chapter 4: Sweet Nothings
Chapter 5: Elevator
Chapter 6: Secret Treasure
Chapter 7: Early Childhood
Chapter 8: Dressed In Black
Chapter 9: Imaginary Friend: Part 1
Chapter 10: Imaginary Friend: Part 2
Chapter 11: Stop Thinking
Chapter 12: Things Take Time
Chapter 13: The Alternative
Chapter 14: Soul Mates
Chapter 15: Six Days
Chapter 16: Good
Chapter 17: Mom: Part 1
Chapter 18: Mom: Part 2
Chapter 19: Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 20: To Be A Queen
Chapter 21: Ready
Chapter 22: Soundproof
Chapter 23: Can You Handle It
Chapter 24: Transpasser
Chapter 25: Angel: Part 1
Chapter 26: Angel: Part 2
Chapter 27: Silent Storm
Chapter 28: Fears
Chapter 29: Fox In The Henhouse
Chapter 30: Dr. Victor
Chapter 31: Finder's Keepers: Part 1
Chapter 32: Finder's Keepers: Part 2
Chapter 33: Extended Family
Chapter 34: History Of Eve

Chapter 3: Berries

74.8K 2.2K 901
By Aurora_217

Chapter 3: Berries

Picture of Marcus on the side.

Ali ~

I stopped by my locker before lunch to put away some book I will not need for the next few classes. My mind kept racing back to Marcus and how we would have to work as partners for this assignment in Mr. Clark's class. I was excited and felt jittery over the thought.

"Come on Ali, you know how people be hungry as hell for those burgers in there." Billie smiled.

"Choke sandwiches you mean?" Dashawn laughed. I laughed at his name for the dry tasteless burgers that the lunch ladies would just toss in the over for a few minutes before lunch would start.

"Hey, food is food." Billie defended.

"Whatever, we both know you just want to see Griffin." Dashawn said and if Billie was a few tones lighter, I'm sure you could see the blush on her face. By the look on her face, I could tell she was blushing a bit. "Aw look Al, she blushing." Dashawn said leaning in closer to Billie's cheek when she pushed his shoulder with an irritated look etched on her face.

"Boy, your breath is singeing my eyebrows!" Billie yelled. Dashawn put his hand to his mouth cupping it to his nose and made a face.

"Whatever." He huffed walking into the lunchroom and Billie busted out laughing.

"You mad or naw!" She yelled making me laugh. We walked into the lunchroom and quickly got in line before it could get any longer. Today, we were having the cheeseburgers or should I say choke sandwiches as Dashawn put them...with tatter-tots and milk.

I frowned at the smell of the slightly burnt cheese on the burger I got. It was making me unbelievably sick.

"On second thought, I'm not that hungry." I lied pushing my trey away slightly and Billie eyed me out the corner of her eye. Truth was that I was freaking starving. I haven't eaten breakfast and the last thing I ate was the pizza they served for lunch yesterday.

Momma stopped going to the store and grocery shopping altogether. Therefore, with that being said, our little refrigerator at home was near empty... like my stomach. In addition, do not get me started on the bills. It is as if she just tucks them under the couch cushions and POOF, they gone... yeah right. She does the same thing with the millions of phone calls we get. Oh sure just let the answering machine get it what is she going to do if they come to the house looking for payment?

I was so deep in thought that I did not notice the hand on my shoulder.

"Ali." I felt little tiny shocks and tingles cover me like a warm thick comforter. I looked up seeing the darkest pair of eyes ever, glaring down at me with such amount of intensity; it almost had me falling backwards into his strong hold. Before I could say anything, a large light pink container was set in front of me by Marcus. He sat down next to me still looking at me as if I was the most beautiful thing in the world.

"What's this?" I asked breaking eye contact with him to look back down at the container.

"Open it." he said licking his lips. I eyed him a minute before peeling of the top to the container. The smell of fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries filled my nose and brought a huge smile to my face. I looked up completely speechless and in pure shock.

"Damn girl, looks like you got somebody that likes you." Billie said eyeing Marcus and me. I turned back at him seeing a smirk with a cute little dimple.

"Wow, I don't know what to say..." I said biting my lip.

"It's alright, brought it just because." Marcus said whispering in my ear and taking a strawberry from the container and putting it to my lips barely making contact. I looked into his eyes feeling this sudden wave of heat wash over me just as the last times I would gaze deeply into those lethal weapon eyes of his. My tongue stunk out on it own slightly and he rubbed the sliced fruit on my tongue gently. I fought to hold back the moan that was building up inside me from the juices the strawberry brought to my taste buds. Forgetting where I was... lost in the moment.

"Em." Marcus groaned and my eyes popped open and I jerk back feeling very disappointed in myself that I'll even loose myself in mere seconds being around Marcus like this.

I couldn't even bring myself to look up. What's the point in doing that when you can feel them staring holes in the back of your head as they always do?

Marcus put the strawberry in his mouth and wrapped his arm around my shoulders bring my closer to him. "Don't worry about them staring, let them look, you're beautiful and I'm getting you out this little shy routine you got going." Marcus leaned over to say.

I pushed away from him getting up and running out the lunchroom. I could hear him right on my heels and yelped as his caught my hips pushing me to the wall in the hallway, turning my around to face him but I held my head down.

"Stop running from us." He said through clenched teeth lifting my chin gently with his finger under it.

"Us?" I frowned and he shook his head as to slightly say nothing. I pushing his hand away from my chin and glare up at him.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I dared myself to asking.

"Because you're mine," he said looking down at me.

"Yours? Look, I'm not that kind of girl that'll going along with whatever you say." I said shaking my head. Next thing you know, I'll end up dead under some freeway overpass or neck in a dumpster behind Taco Bell or some weird shit like that.

"I know you're not. It's hard to explain but just know that I like you." He said trapping me in between him and the wall, both his arms on either side of me.

Marcus ~

By the look on her face, I knew I got her feeling something for me. Off the back I could tell that she was a shy one the way she would always look down and away when we spoke. Hell, the biggest hit was when she ran into me with that Sloppy Joe mess and took off when people started laughing which by the way pissed off my wolf a good bit. Not because of the mess on my jacket but the laughing at our little mate.

My mate was human. It's hard not to mark or mate her without any explanation to it but I'm trying. With human mates, you have to be gentle and take things slow as to not frighten them away. They don't understand the relationship as mates and don't feel the bond as strong as wolves do which is crucial. I cannot have her reject me then my wolf will literally commit suicide. Slowly shutting my body down, missing and craving the lightest and most delicate touch of our sweet mate. It'll kill us leaving the body for him to command and I'm not letting that shit happen.

I need to play it safe. I need to win her love and trust without scaring her. I need to have her.

Gazing down into her big round storm cloud eyes had me hypnotized and near frozen in place. Her lips, so plump and juicy making my member jump with the thoughts and fantasies playing out in my mind of having her begging and screaming my name nonstop, fuck! Her hair, pinned up into a large tight bun with the light scent of rain with a twist of raspberries or some tropical smelling fruit. Her skin soft and smelling of coco and vanilla... simply flawless. She was everything I had pictured in a mate and soon she'll be mine, completely.

"Is this a joke because it's not funny!" she snapped bring me out of my thoughts seeing her whipping her eyes from a tear.

Damn it, that hit my heart hard. I cupped her cheeks in my hands, whipping her tears away with the pad of my thumbs and leaned down towards her lips. Her soft delectable lips hit mine and her eyes shot up in surprise then fluttered close. A soft little moan escaped her mouth as I licked her bottom lip wanting entrance but she was a stubborn one but I'll take what I can get! Her small dainty hand took my shoulders and her other ran through my hair almost bringing me to my knees, she was so short but thick as hell. I could smell her strong arousal smack the shit out of me and I groaned letting my hands run down her sides to her wide hips, gripping them firmly.

"W- Wait." She gasped breaking the kiss. I pulled back looking down at Ali licking my lips, hungry for more. She was gazing up at me with so much confusion laced in her eyes it was adorable.

"It's no joke, Ali. I want you." I said. I put my thumb over her plump bottom lip smirking at how she tried to bite at it. "Stop that, that's for me to bite." I said smiling, kissed her cheek making her shivers, and shut her eyes.

"I still don't understand...," she mumbled looking to the floor again and I frowned slightly.

"Just know that you're mine." I said pulling her chin gently back up to look at me. She licked her lips making them shine. The bell rung and the hall started to flood with people from lunch and other period classes. I looked up seeing Griffin and Billie heading down the hall, looking back and giving me thumbs up on the way to their class together. I turn looking back down to my shy mate as her eyes darted back and forward wildly as if she was looking for someone to pop out and scream BOO or some shit.

"What's wrong?" I asked and her eyes snapped back to mine and she shook her head fast and started walking down the hall. What the hell!?

"Hey wait." I grabbed her hand pulling her back to me. She gazed up to me with those giant glowing eyes of her's, I swear I felt my heart skip a beat or two and my wolf howling out.

"What?" she mumbled blinking a few times.

"You didn't eat anything..." I said remembering she just got up and left. Most likely Billie and that guy eat them but who cares, my mind was more stuck on the view of Ali's ass as she walked away.

"I'm fine." she said and we started walking to our class.

"I'm taking to get something to eat after school." I said and she shot me a surprise look. She opened her mouth but before she could say anything, I stopped her by saying. "I'm not taking no for an answer." In addition, her mouth fell close and she looked away.

I could tell she was pouting a little but I could also tell that she was very hungry at lunch, I could hear her stomach growling from across the room before Billie even mind-linked me saying that Ali was lying about not be hungry.

That had me worried. She wasn't eating. When was her last meal and who the hell is she living with that will allow this?! Damn it, just thinking about her going hungry is pissing me off. I pulled her closer to me and wrapped my arm around her shoulder to calm my wolf a bit.

Once in Mrs. Smith's or whoever taught this class, Ali took the same seat towards the back of the class as she did yesterday. I sat down next to her and stared at her.

"Stop staring at me." she mumbled looking out the mirror.

"How come you sit in the back in this class but not in the other." I asked disregarding her order.

"I need glasses, some classes like this doesn't write on the board as much as Mr. Clark's class." she said. "And plus, I'm kind of dyslexic." She continued to say.

"Oh."

"Yeah... oh. I understand if you don't want to hang around me because I'm stupid and no one want to hang with a retard..." she mumbled turning more to the window.

"I don't care if you're dyslexic." I said holding back my wolf. Everything was starting to anger him and hearing how our mate talks down of her own self the way she's doing now, came close to making me snap. I growled pulling her chair to me and she yelped as we came face to face. "And you're not stupid." I glared at her and she shook her head looking off to the side.

"Alright class, sorry I'm late... traffic was insane this morning. Other than that, let's get started shall we." The teacher smiled.

Ali ~

After school ended, Marcus was still insisting to take me out for some to eat. I wasn't going to lie but I was downright starving and he said Billie and Griffin were going to come along with, which made me a little more ok with the idea.

I still wanted to meet Griffin and all. In addition, I never really got a chance to with what all has went on the pass few days. With the whole Marcus thing and Lori's sudden request and- oh God...

I forgot all about that. What is she going to do to me?! I was supposed to give him her name and say that she interested and here I was not forty minutes ago kissing him in the freaking hall like there was no tomorrow. However, could you really blame me? In that hall, just the way he looked at me felt like some kind of alien laser beam, pulling me in with its blinding lights and all. In this case, the lights were his eyes and I was the helpless victim.

His lips on my lips with the taste of the strawberries still on my tongue and minty gum on his. An amazing combination might I add...

I let out a sigh covering my face with both my hands.

"What's wrong?" Marcus asked looking down at me as we waiting for Billie and Griffin in the parking lot.

"Oh nothing just... um thinking about something." I mumbled frowning.

"Like what?" He asked and just as I was about to respond, she came strolling up with Jessica and Ashley.

"Like how much of a whore she is." Lori glared hard at me.

"Yeah, we saw the whole thing." Jessica laughed.

"Yeah, she was all over him in the hall at lunch, Lori!" Ashley snitched eyeing Marcus up and down.

"Excuse me hoes, what seems to be the problem here?" Billie said pushing Ashley back with her wide thick hips holding a guy's hand. I guess this was Griffin. He was tall like Marcus but not as muscular but still had muscle mass to his arms and chest. He was light skinned and looked mixed with African American and Asian. His head was shaved of black hair and his edges were shaped up good. In addition, he had a nice beard lining his jaw line.

"The problem here is that your whore of a friend kissed the new guy!" Lori snapped.

"What." Marcus said looking at Lori so much disgust in his eyes.

"Yeah, you I was too shy to ask you out myself so I just thought my good friend Ali here would ask you for me, but now I see that was a big mistake." Lori pouted reaching for Marcus's hand to hold when he jerked it away glaring at her.

"I highly doubt that, you just want to add me to the list of shit you already fucked and by the stench of several men on you you're the one lying." Marcus growled pulling me to his side. Lori eyes darted to me making me feel so small and not important.

"You don't even know his name hoe." Billie glared at Lori. "And Ali isn't your friend." she growled.

"Don't listen to this skank, she's the one lying!" Ashley snapped pushing Billie. Oh no here it comes... in five, four, three, two... one.

"Bitch, I know damn well you ain't just put yo nasty ass hands on me and insult the Luna!" Billie growled pulling her earring off fast but before she could get her hands on Ashley, Griffin caught her by the waist pulling her to him chest.

"Griffin control her, we can't get in trouble on school grounds." Marcus growled holding me tightly making my yelp softly. He whispered a soft sorry in my hair before kissing it.

I was so confuse what with the growling like damn animals and Billie saying Luna, Who is she?

"Ashanti!" Griffin growled saying Billie's middle name and she stiffened but held her death glare on Ashley.

"This ain't over, hoe!" Billie growled.

"Come on girls; let's not waste time in the presence of trash." Lori said glaring at me before turning and walking away with Jessica and Ashley literally at her feet, kissing the freaking ground she walked on as if she was some kind of goddess.

"BITCH, I'LL SHOW YOU TRASH! LOOK IN A FUCKING MIRROR!" Billie yelled and Griffin laughed letting her go.

"You always got to get the last word." Griffin said smiling.

"Yes the fuck I do." Billie nodded and pecked his cheek before getting in Griffin's car and me in Marcus's Buick I seen the other day. We had agreed on meeting up at the place where we'll be eating.

Pulling up to a little pizza place and walking in quickly finding a booth. Marcus let me sit first and that was nice of him being a gentleman and all. We didn't do too much talk in the car on the way here. It wasn't like an awkward silence but more of a comforting silence with good music playing on the radio.

"So what would you like?" he asked smiled holding the menu in front of me with one hand while his other was around my shoulders. We sat on the same side of the booth waiting for Billie and Griffin again.

"Um," I started at the menu and watched as each letters started floating and moving around making it hard to see. "Uh..." I groaned whipping my eyes as if it'll make it better but it never did.

"Sorry." Marcus apologized quickly tossing the menu away to the side and looking back at me.

"No, Its fine." I shrugged and Billie and Griffin came in and Marcus waved them over.

"Yo girl you good?" she asked taking her seat in front of me and I nodded. "What was that shit about?" She asked referring back to the whole Lori thing.

"I don't know." I shrugged and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Girl, Lori and her fleet of hoes don't just go up to anybody unless they own them blood or some shit." Billie said and I groaned not wanting to talk about some so stupid.

"Oh my God, I don't wanna talk about it!" I said covering my ears with my eyes close. "Can we just go, I have to get home." I said remembering momma. God my mine was everywhere from this morning 'till now.

"Yeah, but we going to talk about this or I tell my momma." She threatens and I gaped at her.

"Seriously?" I whined.

"Try me." she smiled and I rolled my eyes looking over at Marcus as he talked to Griffin about something, probably football or something like that. Know guy stuff I guess.

We ended up getting a simple pepperoni pizza that was loaded with three different cheeses. It was so delicious it had my mouth watering. I couldn't take another bite. We talked a good bit and I got to know Griffin a little better. He was funny and a complete opposite of what I was expect. Then again, I didn't know what to expect with Griffin but he seems like a good guy for Billie.

"Better than that nasty school pizza." Billie smiled leaning into Griffin's shoulder and I smiled.

"Yeah." I mumbled yawning.

"Tired?" Marcus asked as we started walking to his car and I nodded as he helped me into the passenger's side and buckled me in. His arm brushing against my chest slightly and I sucked in a quick breath and glared up at him.

"I could have done that." I whined and he popped the side of my thigh.

"No whining." He smirked walking around to the driver side. By this time, Billie and Griffin had already left and it was just us again. "Where to?" he said asking for my address. I gave him the address and he started driving. I leaned back in the comfortable seat and started drifting off in a world of my own. Gazing out the window and up into the clouds that blended into the sky as the sun started to set.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

AUTHOR NOTE: A little insight to Marcus's POV and how he feels about Ali and it looks like Lori had her friends watching as the kiss went down in the hall. I know I made the charaters Lori Jessica and Ashley but even I'm starting to hate them a little. Tell me what you think in the comments and don't forget to vote on this chapter if you like it.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 122K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
6.3M 198K 44
|| In his eyes, she glowed. Her pale skin was like a canvas, just waiting for him to paint it with his dark colors. She was his moon and his hope. ||...
63.3K 2.5K 23
WARNING: THIS BOOK HAS MAJOR PLOT HOLES, AND IS ALL TOGETHER VERY BAD. I SUGGEST YOU READ MY NEW BOOK, Skeletons In My Closet. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
6.1M 211K 61
HIGHEST RANK: #4 as of 3/8/17 *PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD, THIS BOOK IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEA...