Love Slow - h.s.

By -badlandstyles

Stella Rose Wilder is the designer and owner of one of the biggest, up-and-coming design labels in the fashio... More

DISCLAIMER
Playlist
Cast
1. Operation Impress Harry Styles
2. New York Fashion Week
3. Rocky
4. Interrupted Meetings
Thank you for 1K!
5. Fish & Chips Suck
6. Too Much
7. Over It
8. Mamma Mia Karaoke
9. To Us
10. You Can't Tell Me What To Do
Thank you for 3K!!
12. Whatever The Hell I Want
Thank you for 4k!
13. You Make Her Really Happy
10K?!?
14. I Hate That Bastard
15. You Should Be Proud
16. Coffee Date
17. Do No Harm, Take No Shit
18. When I'm With My Baby
19. A Shit Show
20. Full Mom Mode
21. Harry the Homewrecker?
22. Louis & Liz
23. All In
24. Pose For Me
25. Happy Christmas
A/N

11. This Has To Be a Joke

5.7K 135 31
By -badlandstyles

*Not Edited*

Stella Rose Wilder-

"Harry, is my toothbrush in there by the sink?" I called as I rifled through my toiletry bag. I was pretty certain I'd packed it, but during my double check, I couldn't find it. I heard the toilet flush and the sync run before the door clicked open and Harry appeared holding my pink toothbrush in his hand. "Thanks." I sighed.

Harry chuckled, coming up behind me to wrap his arms around my shoulder and pull me into his chest. "Relax, baby." He murmured, kissing my jaw as I let my head fall back onto his shoulder, instantly relaxing my tensed muscles just from the simple hug. "We're just going for the weekend. The kids are going to be fine and we are going to have fun."

Harry and I were headed on a weekend trip to Oregon to go to my cousin's baby shower. Harry had a meeting with some local artists he was interested in signing to his label that he scheduled when he found out I was going so we could go together. The kids are staying with Luke for the weekend- only because my parents weren't able to watch them- and I had been on edge all week at the thought of leaving them both with him again.

It had been a few weeks since Luke had taken Ford for the day, which had gone well and eased my worries slightly, but knowing Stevie was still hesitant around Luke worried me.

(A/N fun fact: Harry does have his own label according to an article I read the other day and he plans on switching himself to his own label once his Columbia Records contract is up!)

"I know," I huffled leaning back forward to finish organizing my suitcase.

Harry's hands covered mine, pulling me away from the suitcase before taking my place and flipping the top over to zip it closed, "You've gone through it three times now. It's going to be fine. Go check on the kids while I bring this to the car. Luke texted you saying he was on his way a couple minutes ago."

I agreed, reluctantly, rising to my tiptoes to kiss his cheek and say, "Thank you," before walking down the hall to find Stevie playing with Ford on the floor of her room. "Hey, lovelies, are you guys all packed?"

I had commissioned Stevie to help me by packing her's and Ford's toys for the weekend. I could see the duffle bag I'd given her nearly full, but unzipped next to her bed.

"Yes, Mommy! I packed my favorite toys and my tablet and I put Ford's favorite toys and books and his lovey." Stevie proudly stated, referring to Ford's baby blanket as his, 'lovey.'

Ford cooed, grinning up at me as he pushed himself to his feet and wobbled over to me, wrapping his chubby arms around my leg before I lifted him up into my arms.

I heard the echo of the doorbell from the hall before Harry yelled up that he would get it. I told Stevie to grab the bag and bring it with her down stairs.

As we stepped into the foyer, Harry came over to take the duffel bag from Stevie, which she was dragging behind her, while Luke stood stiffly by the door.

"Hello," I greeted, switching Ford to my other hip.

"Hey," he nodded back, picking up the now two bags sitting by the front door and holding them over their arms, "I still have the carseats so I don't need yours."

"Okay," I replied, the tense vibe only getting worse the longer we stood there, "Well, we should be back around dinner time on Monday, but you don't need to take them to school or daycare Monday. I already called the school."

"Alright, we better go. My parents are meeting us for brunch so we've gotta get going. And I know you guys have to get to the airport."

"Yeah, okay." I pursed my lips before turning to Stevie and bending down to give her a hug, Ford still in my arms, "Bye, sweetie. I love you. I'll see you Monday."

"Love you, too, Mommy." She pouted, pulling away from me. I watched as Stevie looked between Harry and Luke, as if debating something, before skipping over to Harry and holding her arms out to him, "Up," she requested. He raised his eyebrows, before abiding her request and picking her up as she hugged around his neck tightly, "Bye Harry."

"Bye, love. Have fun with your dad." Harry replied, kissing the top of her head.

I passed Ford over to Luke and Stevie went to stand by him before I held the door open for them to leave.

I stood in the doorway, watching as Luke put the bags into the trunk before putting Ford into his seat and helping Stevie with her's.

Harry came behind me, hugging me tightly, nuzzling into my neck, "They'll be fine."

"I know," I whispered back watching the car pull away.

I turned over my shoulder, quickly pressing my lips to Harry's before shaking off my bad mood and plastering a smile onto my face, "Let's get going! We don't need to be late.

~~~

"Ugh!" I groaned, flopping back onto the plush hotel bed, my heavy eyes closing in satisfaction at the feeling of the cool sheets against my arm and legs.

I heard Harry chuckle and peeked my eyes open to see him laying our bags down beside each other next to the television stand. He paused to empty his pockets and remove his jacket before taking a seat next to me and hauling me up to straddle his lap.

My forehead fell to rest against his as we both smiled, sleepily at one another. Harry hummed, before his lips captured mine. Our lips moved in a lazy kiss, nothing but sweetness and passion, nothing heated.

As we pulled away, I bit my lip, shyly, before Harry grinned brightly, "You're so beautiful." He whispered, brushing my hair behind my ear.

My cheeks flushed and I tackled him back onto the bed, both of our laughter ringing through the air. "Stop being so cheeky!"

I rolled over, now laying next to him. My finger tips traced down his forearm before tangling our fingers together and resting our entwined hands against my stomach.

"So, do you have anything you have to do with your family tonight?" Harry questioned, his free hand stretching his arm out to his side before it landed above his head.

"Nope. I'm meeting Elizabeth and her husband for brunch tomorrow. You're welcome to join but I wasn't sure if you'd have record label stuff?" I answered.

"I don't have to meet with them until two so I would love to tag along." He paused, "Would you like to go to dinner tonight? I heard the lady at the desk talking to another couple about a pasta place in the mall down the road, and I know how much you love your pasta."

We both snickered before I nodded in agreement, "You are very correct. I would love to go to dinner with you."

Since it was only around four when we had arrived at the hotel, we decided to go to the hotel pool for a little while. I was insistent on staying dry so I wouldn't have to shower before dinner and I could just do it once we got back for the night. However, Harry decided to drag me into the pool by hoisting me over his shoulder and carrying me in as far as he could stand.

We headed back to the room to clean up and get ready for dinner. I went for a short sleeve skater dress with a green palm leaf pattern and decided to pull my hair back into a low bun, not wanting to bother with trying to tame loose hair in the wind that cooled the warm summer air.

Just as I was slipping my sandals on, Harry stepped out of the bathroom, brushing his hands off before throwing his shoulders forward to adjust his shirt that had somehow twisted awkwardly over his shoulder. He was wearing an oddly patterned, beach-themed, short sleeve button up with his usually pair of black skinny jeans and boots.

"You look handsome," I smirked, tucking my wallet and lipgloss back into my cross body purse.

Harry's eyes flashed from the television to me, scanning my eyes up and down, his lips slowly quirking to the side into a smirk. He slowly made his way toward me, taking both of my hands in his, raising my arms up slightly before tugging me to him, his hands falling to my waist, "You, love, look stunning."

"Harry, I'm not even wearing makeup or anything," I brushed of his comment.

"That makes you even more stunning."

With a playful shove from me, Harry moved away and grabbed his phone and wallet off of the dresser as I looped my bag across my body. He took my hand in his before we made our way out of the hotel, eventually walking down the sidewalk toward the restaurant we'd asked about again in the lobby on the way out.

Dinner was lovely. Harry managed to get us a table for two on a private patio to avoid as much confrontation from fans as possible. We sipped on wine and decided to each get a different pasta and split it since we could each pick only one.

Harry continually snapped pictures of me, despite my many complaints and requests for him to stop embarrassing me.

After dinner, we took a walk along the Willamette River, Harry deciding to cheerily swing our hands between us, even taking to skipping at some times which made me laugh obnoxiously. He got recognized a couple of times, but I was patient and simply helped them by taking the photos or standing to the side as they interacted with Harry.

By the time we arrived back at the hotel, I was physically and mentally exhausted. We both took turns showering before we tucked ourselves into the king sized hotel bed.

Harry was typing away on his laptop, answering emails and updating his digital calendar while I FaceTimed with Stevie and Ford (mostly Stevie, of course). Stevie was going on and on about how Luke's mom had let her help bake cookies after dinner and they ate them while they watched Frozen together.

Despite the fact that I was frustrated that Luke had dumped the kids off at his parents, it settled my worries more that they weren't just at his house being ignored while he worked.

After I got off the phone with the kids I began to scroll through social media. I absentmindedly liked photos posted by other fashion companies and magazines, pausing on a few from friends of mine before continuing on. However, one particular post caught my eye and practically made my stomach do a gymnastics routine.

"This has to be a joke." I muttered to myself, sitting up, still staring at the photo displayed on my phone -

"Huh?" Harry replied, glancing up from his laptop and pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. I shoved the phone into his face and his brows furrowed immediately, blinking quickly as though he thought perhaps he was seeing things. "No fucking way, is that Phoebe?"

The photo was posted by Luke, himself, and Phoebe was all over him while he kissed her neck in the photo.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, burying my face in my hands.

"I thought you guys were friends?" He asked, passing my phone back.

"So did I," I grumbled shutting my phone off and tossing it to the end of the bed. I groaned, throwing myself back onto the pillow before immediately sitting straight up again and blurting out, "Not like I care about him anymore. I am in no way jealous. I care so much about you. It's just frustrating that-"

I was cut off by Harry setting his laptop to the side and leaning over to kiss me, short and sweet, just enough to shut me up, "I know, love, you don't have to explain yourself to me. I care about you a lot, too." He reassured, "I know this is frustrating, and I'm pretty sure we've established Luke is a pompous ass. But, it is late and I know we're both exhausted, so how about we get some rest? We can deal with this when we get home."

I pouted, blowing some of my baby hairs upward off my forehead, making him laugh. I smiled back, tucking myself further into the covers while Harry leaned over to flick the lamp off.

As he settled in next to me, Harry wrapped his arms around me, pulling my back to his chest.

I felt his lips press a sweet kiss to the top of my head, "Goodnight, Stella Rose."

"Goodnight, Harry."

~~~

Liked by @gemmastyles, @georgieg, @teenvogue, and 2,658,981 others

@harrystyles: My girl loves pasta (and no, I will never stop taking photos of you, love) #cheese #oregon #pasta @stellarosewilder

     - @gemmastyles: @michalmlynowski why don't you take cute pics of me like this
     - @uflowerufeast: i'm scREAMING. BOYFRIEND Harry rise
     - @georgieg: look at my best friend being all cute and shit @stellarosewildee
     - @hellaupdates: you guys are ADORABLE!
     - @hesmmith: i hate this chick her and harry aren't even cute together

+ 127,765 more comments

~~~
Hey guys!!

I hope you liked this chapter! I know it's still a little slow but I was finally able to get to that bit of drama involving Luke & Phoebe!!! What did y'all think about that? Things will heat up soon!

Please continue to vote and comment your reactions! I love reading them!

I hope y'all are all doing well ❤️

All the love,

Syd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 57 19
After years of being in the closet Louis finally decides to take the big step and come out. Not just to his family, but also to the public. He didn't...
210K 4.7K 75
Join Harry Styles and his wife as they journey through life with their first-born daughter Grace (plus their other two children, Ethan & Penelope) in...
81.1K 3.1K 32
Freelance painter Mickayla is introduced to music producer Harry via a mutual friend. Most would assume that the meet-up is a blind date for the sing...
3M 74.7K 97
"And your eyes... irresistible." Starting your life over is hard enough on your own. But what happens when the world is suddenly watching when you be...