The Wolf's Lamb [#2] | ✓

By joynovembers

[ COMPLETED ] Book 2 in The Knight's Series - The story of the innocent Evangeline Knight's attempts at love... More

[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 9 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
THE WOMANISER'S SPITFIRE

[ 15 ]

9.5K 388 22
By joynovembers

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

-

M I L L I O N S O F
T H O U G H T S flashed through my mind as I closed my eyes and allowed the hair stylist to work her magic on my hair. Peeling them open to watch the hair stylist manoeuvre strands of hair and wrap them around the blistering hot tool, I sat in content.

Eventually she finished and I walked her to the door, paying her money and trailed back into the bedroom to pull on the long gown which I'd bought specially for tonight. Tonight was an important night for both Colton and Felix.

The both of them were to receive awards for separate business associated causes. Despite how frustrated I was with Felix since he still hadn't told me what it was that he was hiding deep down within, I shrugged it off.

Tonight, I'd pull on a glimmering smile for him and watch him from afar, supporting him with my mere presence. We couldn't go together. Felix wanted to so badly and so did I, but to appear together would cause too much of a fuss.

Flattening the creases of my dress, I stared into the reflection in the mirror, approving of my appearance. A gorgeous satin red dress hung from my shoulders with two thin straps. The dress pooled to my ankles, showing off my freshly manicured toes in the champagne coloured heels that covered my feet.

Shrugging on a shawl to battle away the cold, I left the apartment and met the eyes of my driver. Shining him a smile, I greeted him and thanked him as he opened the door for me. Resting against the black leather seat, I stared out the window and readied myself for what the night had to bring.

Traffic filled the streets and there wasn't even a second of silence as car horns and the sounds of shouting filled the chilly air. Eventually, the car pulled up. The door opened and my eyes were blinded by the numerous flashes of the cameras.

Bound by red barriers, they stood out of the way of the grande doors. I smiled at each of them, ignoring the questions and simply flashing a soft look towards them. I could feel myself relax as my heels clicked against the ground and I'd finally entered the hall.

My eyes shifted across the busy area, connecting with familiar faces and taking in the breathtaking decor. "Hello!-Good Evening!-Nice to see you!" I'd grown exhausted with the constant greetings that fled my lips until I met the eyes of my mother who stood with a glass of champagne, surrounded by a group of gossiping ladies.

I hurried towards her and smiled. Leaving the group alone, she met my gaze and pulled me into a hug and grinned from ear to ear. "Oh, you look lovely, darling!" She squealed, her brown orbs brightening instantly.

A black floor length gown covered her tan and petite body. She looked young and vibrant and I loved seeing my mother smile. She always looked her best. "I'm good, mom." A subtle smile appeared on my lips and my mother frowned for a mere moment.

"Colton mentioned something about you representing some beastly man...would I be right in assuming that it's the same man you're so taken with?" My lips parted softly and it was all my mother needed as an answer.

Before she could utter a word, my eyes travelled to the centre of the hall. Surrounded by a group of men and woman, a stormy pair of eyes clashed with my own. I could feel my heart beat faster against my chest as I looked him over, appreciating his suit clad body.

He looked simply divine. No wonder he was receiving so many flustered looks, nobody could deny the dangerously smouldering looks Felix possessed.

Felix ignored the chatter of the woman beside him. It was as if she wasn't even there. I wanted so badly to be wrapped around his arms and close to his chest, but it just wasn't possible. It was then that I remembered another important factor. He's lying to you.

Breaking the gaze, I looked back to mother and smiled. Then, another figure moved to conceal Felix's eyes. Colton smirked as he swooped down and kissed mother's cheek. She slapped his chest at a cheeky remake he had made and then excused herself.

Colton stole a glass of champagne from a nearby tray and watched me with hawk like eyes. "You look beautiful, Ang." He didn't smile, but his words were considerably soft and I knew he truly meant it.

"You look handsome, Colt." I nodded to him, a soft smile upon my lips as I offered him the compliment. "You just got here?" He asked, looking around the room. I knew what he was looking for, but I didn't say a word.

Nodding, I sipped my own glass. "Yes." He hummed in response and I felt a wave of sadness wash over me. We'd never been like this in each other's presence. I hated it so much. Looking away, I cleared my throat. "If that's all-..." Colton stepped in front of me, blocking my path causing my eyes to widen.

"Actually, there's someone I want you to meet." Raising a brow at my brother's smirking expression, I grew weary as to who he wanted me to meet. Sending him a flustered look, he turned around and nodding towards a man I swear I'd seen before.

The man set off into a breezy pace, his hand tucked in a trouser pocket and the other hanging by his side with a glass of champagne dangling from his dingers. His blond hair was slicked back and his forest green eyes flashed with a determined look. Those green eyes brought back a familiar memory and I could feel my heart stopping as I realised who the man before me was.

"Stefan?" I gasped as a smile graced my lips. Colton grinned as he watched the exchange between us. Stefan nodded and leaned in, placing a kiss on my cheek as he smiled. "It's been a while, Evangeline." Colton rubbed
his chin as he pondered for a moment.

"If I remember correctly, you used to be quiet infatuated with Stefan over here." I blushed madly at his words and playfully pushed Colton. "Stop!" I laughed, feeling Stefan's amused gaze fall upon my features.

"Anyways, I've got to get going. I have to do the rounds." Colton admitted, grinning from ear to ear as he stepped back and patted Stefan's back, sauntering off into a crowd. Shifting my gaze back to Stefan's green eyes, I offered him a smile.

"How have you been!" Stefan's boyish grin widened as he looked down and back up. "Good, good. I finally opened up my own surgery. The years of endless studying was worth it in the end." I nudged his shoulder as I laughed. "See, I told you it would be!" Stefan's eyes flashed with a warm look.

"I know, I remembered." Silence enveloped us, but it was comforting, I didn't mind it at all. Stefan looked behind, watching couples begin to dance a contemporary waltz. He nodded towards them and offered a hand. "Would you like to dance?" Not seeing an issue, I nodded eagerly and placed my champagne glass aside.

His arm wrapped around my waist, he pulled my close and I allowed him too. It was an acceptable distance that I didn't see a problem with. Turning around, I stepped back and he stepped forwards. I laughed as Stefan spun me fast, enjoying the sweet and melodic sounds of the violin in the background and the faint strums of the quartet.

"Listen I...-" Stefan began, a nervous look flashing through his striking eyes. "Would you maybe like to have dinner some time?" Feeling the breath within vanish, I cleared my throat and looked away.

"Oh, Stefan-..." Shifting my eyes, I met the furious gaze of Felix as he watched from across the room, his grasp on the champagne flute was abnormally tight. "Oh, I see." Stefan simply smiled and offered me a card. "If you change your mind..." he offered and I graciously accepted the card, tucking it into my purse.

He really hadn't changed. He was still as humorous and genuine as the day I'd met him. But, since he was my brother's friend and I was merely eighteen, I could never try and pursue him. It was odd to me that now, for the first time, my brother had tried to set me up with a man, let alone his friend.

I had a good idea why, though. The reason was standing across the room, shooting me a raging look that told me to follow. Excusing myself, I did. Following Felix towards the exit, his car was brought forward by the valet.

Felix snatched the keys and nodded towards the other side of the car, gesturing for me to enter, I did. The moment I clipped my belt, the strong scent of aftershave filled my nostrils and the sight of his hard features caused my heart to jump.

The car was speeding away in moments. Felix had a death grip on the steering wheel as he turned and sped down the road. "Son of a b*tch." He swore as the speed of the car picked up.

I gripped into the handle above and tried to calm my nerves. Nothing worked. "Felix, stop!" I shouted as he sped up even more until suddenly, he looked at me, took in the fear within my eyes and relieved the pressure of the pedal. "I'm sorry." He gruffly states and I felt safe again.

"He's just a friend." I told him, knowing that Stefan was the reason for his anger. Felix pulled to the side of the road and ran a hand angrily through his jet black hair.

His stormy eyes clashed with my own as he sucked in a breath of air. Then, our lips met in a fiery mess, our breaths rising up as he gripped the edge of face in a gentle but possessive grip.

I smiled at him, for a moment, forgetting about the anger I felt and the lies I knew he'd fed me and I embraced the bittersweet moment, our foreheads pressed together as our eyes were locked, never wavering from one another.

----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2M 999K 55
|#1 in Romance.| 15-5-17 Amelia Primrose. Your typical, carefree and bubbly girl who has been making through thick and thin to provide her sister and...
2.6M 109K 61
A toss of the dice, doomed Evangeline to an uncertain future. Her father gambled away their families fortune leaving her in the hands of a ruthless m...
Emmeline By T

Teen Fiction

1.3M 30.7K 61
Book 1|| ●∘◦❀◦∘● Emmeline has been living with her evil aunt Britney and her boyfriend Austin, they made her...
11.3M 445K 56
It took the Beasts mere weeks to overthrow the human government and eliminate most of the population. Those who survived were put into slavery, force...