Waiting For My Mate

By Veikari

Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he wou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
The Last Chapter
little update

Chapter 35

5.5K 146 43
By Veikari

It took a lot of training but when the Autumn Festival arrived, they were ready. Freed smiled as he watched how his guild mates started to get ready for whatever they had planned from the early morning. Some people put up a real show, like Bickslow who hinted that he had at least music in his show. Evergreen said that her show would start at the evening when it was dark.

He had ended up making just something easy for the kids, something they could enjoy. So he had made a large trap in the open area, dark purple and inside it there were labyrinth. There were many entrances and he had made sure that rules allowed kids to come out even in the middle of the game if they so wanted, if they started to feel scared or just got bored.

Rules were really simple. There were a reward in the middle of the labyrinth and kids could go in alone or in teams. They had to choose if to turn left or right and at some point they were stopped because of the wall. There would be a riddle and correct answer would dismiss the wall, allowing kids to continue. Of course below every riddle there were runes that remind the kids they were not really trapped and they always could quit if they wanted.

Of course, Freed had also added some extra just to amuse children. There were a rune trap that reversed colours inside it, as well as a trap that would change voices. All the riddles were based on what kind of a trap there was. Most challenging trap was when Freed needed to make rune walls that were elastic so kids could bounce around. It took most of his time in training to learn to make something like that.

"Okay, so you decided to do something simple, eh?" Bickslow snorted looking at the huge trap.

"It might seem complicated but it is actually very simple", Freed assured.

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say, baby. But why can't I go in?" the seith mage pouted.

"Because it's only for kids and just because you act like one doesn't change the fact that you are an adult. Sure, if there is an emergency then adults are allowed to go in to help. And don't even joke about causing an emergency just so you can go in", Freed warned gazing at his old friend.

"Fine, baby", Bickslow muttered. "It sucks to be an adult", he groaned crossing his arms.

"Maybe sometimes", Freed smiled. "But there are also many things you can do only when adult."

"Ohh, I wonder what you might be talking about", Bicks snickered wrapping his arm around greenette's shoulders. "It must have been really busy days for you, training at days and in the nights a certain blond dragon slayer would grab you and -"

"Bicks!" Freed shouted blushing. Well, Bickslow wasn't exactly wrong but he didn't want it to be shouted out loud so everyone could hear!

"Man, you're so easy to tease", Bickslow smirked and Freed muttered something shooing his hand away. "So, where is Laxus? Haven't seen him yet today."

"He's at the park. I was about to head there now that this labyrinth is ready."

"You're not going to stay here and keep an eye if something happens?"

"I don't need to. Runes will disappear immediately by themselves if there is something wrong like someone attacking or similar. And there are always some parents nearby so if there is an emergency they can help. Of course, my runes will always warn me if something is about to go wrong and I can use teleport to come here in seconds", Freed explained as they started their journey towards the park. He had made sure that he knew the exact location where to appear with teleport.

"Seems like you have everything under control", Bicks grinned. "Kids are gonna love that trap."

"I don't believe it can compete against the park", Freed chuckled. "It is beautiful now that Eve has made it snow in there and Gray has frozen the pond."

"Oh yeah, you like winter", the seith mage remembered.

They arrived at the entrance to the park and Freed smiled. Here, in the street there were still warm autumn day. But when they stepped in the park, they heard crunching as their shoes flattened the snow.

"I have to admit that this is awesome", Bickslow grinned looking at the snow covered trees and bushes. There were also lots of ice and snow sculptures around. Some of them were big enough so kids could use them as a hiding places or even slides. Reedus had also helped and some of the snow was beautifully coloured so kids could use it in making own sculptures or something similar.

"It really is", Freed smiled and he took a green fluffy scarf and gloves from the table near the entrance. There were lots of warm clothes for people to put on. "There will be lots of children here playing in the snow while I believe most of the adults are at the beach enjoying summer."

"Bickslow! Freed!"

They looked at the dark haired little girl who giggled and skipped towards them.

"Asuka, are you having fun?" Freed smiled.

"Yes! This park is the best place in Magnolia right now!" Asuka laughed excitedly.

"Oh? What about the Guild?" Bickslow grinned and he bend down looking at Asuka.

"That is an exception, nothing could be better place than Fairy Tail", girl assured and grabbed onto Bickslow's helmet. She giggled when the tall man straightened himself and she were really far from the ground!

"That's right", Bickslow said. "And what are we?"

"We are the strongest Guild ever!"

"Hell yeah we are!"

"Bicks, that way you're going to teach her that cussing is a good way to express yourself", Freed scolded.

"Relax Freed, Asuka is a big girl, she already knows that", Bicks snorted and Asuka giggled. "She knows lots of good stuff."

"Booger is just weakness leaving the body", Asuka stated nodding.

"I can see she has spent too much time with you... Where are Bisca and Alzack?" Freed asked.

"Mama and papa are somewhere here at the park", Asuka said and she had started to do little braids in the crest of Bicks' helmet.

"Maybe we should find them", Freed suggested. "It is not a good idea to run around all by yourself, Asuka. Something might happen."

"I'm sorry, Freed."

"It's okay, you're forgiven. Let's go find your parents before they start to worry too much", the swordsman said and they started walking again.

"Bickslow, where are your 'babies'?" Asuka asked from the man whose shoulders she was sitting on.

"They are still sleeping", Bickslow grinned. "They have a big show today to perform."

"Aww, I was hoping I could play with them", Asuka sighed.

"You can play with them later after the show. I'm sure that this time you guys can have even more fun than ever before", Bickslow grinned.

After searching a while they found Bisca and Alzack. Then they continued their journey deeper to the park until they finally saw the familiar dark coat and blond hair. This time Laxus was actually wearing his coat, not just dangling it on his shoulders.

"Hello, Laxus", Freed smiled.

"Hey guys", Laxus said without turning around, looking at the frozen bond.

"What are you doing?" Bickslow asked as they stopped at the Laxus' sides.

"Feeling nostalgic, I guess", blond shrugged and that surprised both Freed and Bickslow.

"Feeling nostalgic about what?" the rune mage asked curiously. "That is not like you, Laxus." Laxus had been acting a little bit weird many days already, ever since they came back from the mansion. Freed was sure something was going on but he was not sure if he should pry...

"I was trying to remember when was the last time I went to ice skate", the dragon slayer explained. "Man, it seems like it has been forever."

"We should totally try it", Bickslow grinned. "There is a booth over there, seems like you can get skates from there and it's not yet too crowded here in the park so you won't crush anyone if you fall", he snickered.

"Like you're one to talk", Laxus laughed. "You should remember that I was actually quite good at ice skating", he defended himself as they started to move towards the booth.

They arrived at the booth and Freed waited as Laxus and Bicks went to get the skates for themselves.

"Here", Laxus said and suddenly skates were dropped on Freed's hands.

"Eh? What? I didn't say I was going to ice skate", Freed said and now he was feeling uneasy.

"Come on, baby", Bickslow said and quickly he snapped the skates at the bottom of his shoes. There were magic in the skates and they were easy to put on and remove and they wouldn't slip off. "For the old times. Do some pirouettes and stuff and have fun", he grinned and stepped on the ice. Bickslow was good at ice skating and so was Laxus. They were a little bit rusty of course at first but it was quickly shook off.

"Just put them on and move your ass here, Justine", Laxus commanded when Freed were just standing there.

The rune mage sighed and he finally snapped the skates at the bottom of his boots and straightened himself. It didn't show but he could definitely feel how his legs shook. This was a challenge. He should face it and do his best.

"You're like a green little foal taking his first steps, baby", Bickslow snickered as Freed stepped on the ice. How was it possible that the ice was even more slippery than he remembered?!

"You'll get a hang of it again soon", Laxus smirked and grabbed Freed's hand.

"Laxus, no don't -!" Freed managed to cry out but then he felt a large hand on his back and his body stiffened when he was shoved towards Bickslow.

"Catch", the blue haired mage grinned and turned Freed around making him almost fell.

"Bickslow, don't!" Freed yelled but was again shoved on with bigger speed this time.

"Relax", Laxus laughed catching him in time before Freed fell backwards. "You're too stiff. You can't ice scate like that."

"Please, just let me -!" Freed started his plead but forgot what he should say when once again he was pushed ahead.

Laxus watched how his mate slid across the pond and there was a big thud and snow flumpfhed around for a while.

"Freed?" he asked as they couldn't see the mage who had completely disappeared in the snowdrift.

Finally it started to move and green haired head popped up.

"I think I just broke myself..." the swordsman sighed.

"No you didn't", Laxus chuckled and helped him up, swiping off some of the snow. "But seriously, how can you possibly be this bad?"

Freed muttered something and blushed.

"I never learned how to ice skate", he finally confessed.

"Bullshit", Bickslow said. "We've been ice skating before together!"

"No. You, Evergreen and Laxus have been ice skating together, I always found some way to avoid it. Fetching hot cocoa or something similar", Freed said adjusting his scarf and cringed as he felt a little amount of snow slipping inside his collar. "It has been many years since we were here together and because I was here with you guys even though I didn't ice skate even once, your memories say I can do it. It's perfectly normal phenomenon and it happens more often than people even realise."

"Damn, you actually never skated before?" Laxus asked surprised.

"No. Well, once I tried to learn it when I was alone but I just broke my arm."

"Well this is a good opportunity for you to learn how to ice skate", blond decided and again he grabbed Freed's hands.

"I really would rather just take these off", greenette said nervously as Laxus pulled him back on the ice. His legs started to shake again and he almost collapsed but Laxus put his arm around his waist. "I'm not good at ice skating", Freed said as his legs were slipping over and over again.

"Just because you're not good at something doesn't mean you should give up", Laxus chuckled. "Isn't that the kind of shit you always ramble to us?"

"Yeah, totally Freed", Bickslow smirked and Freed sighed.

"You will be fine, babe", Laxus smiled and pulled Freed against himself. "You're a smart guy, you figure it out quickly when we help you a little bit."

"Somehow I can't find a way to trust that..." Freed mumbled. It seemed like he had no other option in this, so he at least tried and stood up, trying to keep his legs perfectly still so he could keep his balance. But he knew already this would be something he would regret in the next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 2.4K 108
A young mage who was hunted in the past for her magic, joins the Fairytail guild as a last resort to her finally finding happiness. Will Fairytail fi...
14.3K 518 23
When you think of Fairy Tail, a certain set of names comes to mind right away. Laxus Dreyar, Erza Scarlet, Mystogan, and Shadow. The later two are kn...
2.2K 52 11
(Y/n) (L/n) isn't new to Fairy Tail. She was away on a mission for a few years. Sadly, her job she went on failed. She wasn't able to complete her m...
13.6K 293 5
Laxus is a blonde Lightning Dragon Slayer and he's developed feelings for the captain of the Thunder Legion, his personal bodyguards, named Freed. Th...