A Forgotten Love

By firetearshurt

Arcelia García is a 26 year old single mom of boy triplets. her ex-husband, Leo Xanders only cared about work... More

Prologue
Early Days
Unexpected Meeting
Habits
Missing
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
PLEASE READ!
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note/Suggestion
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
I'm Not Lying
It'll Be Okay
Author's Note
Is It Worth It?

Chapter 10

4.1K 97 5
By firetearshurt

ARCELIA'S POV

We ended up just doing random things like bowling and we even went back home to play video games.

Once the time came we went to the beach to start the bonfire. We set everything up and got the fire started. We all brought our bathing suits so we could walk the beach and only walk the beach.

I wasn't getting in the water. One because I'm afraid of the ocean. And two I still have my makeup on and I don't want to mess it up or Astrid would literally kill me.

Once everything was set up Astrid and I went to put our bathing suits on.

(Astrid)

(Arcelia)
Once we got done we came out from behind the corner since there was no bathroom nearby. We ran out of the corner and towards the water. My feet hitting the sand felt like I was finally free.

I feel so good. I feel happy again. The memories of everything went away. It was just me and my friends.

My friends that I love so dearly. I got thrown out of my thoughts when I felt myself being picked up and then brought down with a wet splash. I panicked and once I came above the water I looked at my surroundings to see that Jake was in front of me laughing.

I then came to the realization that I was in the ocean where sharks and other deadly creatures live. I started jumping up and down as I ran to the shore. But the waves kept pushing me back. Oh my God. I'm going to die today by drowning. Drowning is one of my worst fears.

I felt myself being lifted up into the air and I looked down to see I was on Jake's shoulders.

"Jake take me back to shore now!" I screamed. "Arcelia the water foes to your knees why are you scared?" Jake asked. He was about to put me down but 8 clung on to him for my dear life.

"Jake please." I cried out. "Okay Ar. I'll bring you back. He took 4 steps and we were at the shore. Well...I was still in a life or death situation.

He put me down and I let out a breath once my feet hit the sand again. I went to one of the seats set up around the fire.

I sat down and got my phone out of my bag. I turned my camera on to take a picture of the fire and everyone.

Astrid had invited some of her friends that are visiting her. One of them I know because she used to work at the shop. Her name is Isla (I-La). She was one of our best artists.

I looked at my phone camera and saw my face. Omg, my makeup is ruined. I looked like a demon child.

I saw Astrid coming up to me. "I didn't do it. Jake did it." I said fast trying to explain it. "Lia I know you didn't do it. Plus why would I care? It's you MF birthday. Nobody gives a damn about makeup. Let's go get dry and cleaned up." She said smiling.

Once we got to our corner we got dried off with the extra towels the boys had. Sebastian invited some of his friends to come so we could have enough people to play games with later on.

Once we got dried off. We put our clothes back on and put some mascara and some nude lipstick on and made our way out.

After we got back to everyone we sat down beside each other. We were just talking about random things like where we lived and music.

I found out a lot about everyone. In the middle of my conversation, my phone started ringing.

I looked at the caller ID to see it was the hospital. "Why are they calling you?" Jake asked from beside me. "I don't know. It's probably for my next check-up." I said truthfully.

He then snatched my phone out of my hand. "Hello?" He answered putting it on speaker phone. "Hi. Is this Ms. García?" A woman asked. Jake motioned for me to answer. "Yes, it is," I said into the phone.

By now everyone was quiet listening to What was happening. "Um...Yes we I need you to report to the hospital immediately." She said thinking for a minute before talking.

I started to get this nervous feeling in my stomach.

Something isn't right.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her. If something was wrong I needed to know and I needed to know instantly.

"Miss we can't tell you over the phone so we need you at the hospital now." She said her voice still calm but there was a bit of worry.

"Ok, I'm on my way now. Bye." I said hanging up before she had the time to answer.

"We need to go now. I don't have a good feeling about this." I said seriously. I felt so bad. Like a sick kind of bad. "I'm coming with you and Jake can go with Seb," Ast4id said coming up beside me and I walked to the car.

"We'll be right behind you guys. If anything bad happens." Jake said.

We arrived at the hospital in no time. I got out of my car and went to the main entrance. Once I got to the desk I asked the woman who called me.

I saw a woman walk towards us. She looked like she was maybe in her late 30's. "Yes, Ms. García?" She asked. "Yes, that's me," I said tapping my foot against the floor because I was anxious.

"We seem to have a big problem. So as we were told your children, Allen, Axle, and Ashton were with your former husband Leo Xanders and they got into a major accident on the road." She said getting straight to the point.

I feel like my whole world just collapsed on me. It hurts so bad. It's this horrible pain in my heart that I cannot bare.

"Where are they?!" I practically screamed causing some eyes to lay upon us. "Tell me now," I demanded her.

"The boys are in room 314 on the 3rd floor. And Leo is in room 248 on the 2nd floor. I ran to the elevator to see it was all the way to the 15th floor. This is going to take to long. "I'm taking the stairs," I called Astrid, Jake, and Sebastian. 

I have never run so fast up some stairs with heels on. I don't know how I'm doing it.

Once I reach the 3rd floor which took no time at all. Faster than the elevator. I rushed down the hall until I saw 312...313...314! I ran into the room to see Axle and Ashton sitting on the bed watching SpongeBob on the tv.

They only had a few cuts but they didn't look too bad.

They saw me and ran up to me. I bent down to their height to hug them. I ran my fingers through their hair. "Where's Allen?" I asked them getting worried.

"Mommy they took Allen away from us," Ashton said to me tears brimming at the tip of his eyes.

"Where did they take him?" I asked him. "We don't know mommy." He said burying his face in my shirt while gripping it.

"Where's my son?!" I asked the nurse that was in the room with them.  "The woman at the front desk told me they were here!' I said raising my voice.

"Ma'am they had to transport him to a different room. He was badly injured and at risk." The nurse said coming over to me. I backed away unconsciously.

My breathing quickened. "Ma'am I need you to call down before you hyperventilate or have a panic or anxiety attack." The nurse said while holding me and telling me to breathe. Omg, she's literally talking about me when my son is hurt.

I listened to her and took a breath. Just then everyone else came in.  The boys greeted them.

"Ok do you know what room he's in?" I asked her calming myself down.

"They told me that they took him to room 246. If you go now they should have him stable and should let you in." She said patting my back.

"Thank you so much. I couldn't thank you anymore." I said smiling at her. "It's my job to help everyone." She smiled back.

"Astrid, can you all stay here with the boys and make sure they have everything they need while I go check on Allen?" I asked her quickly.

"No, I'm going with you the boys can do it. I trust them. But I can't let you go alone." She said.

She was always the good friend who had my back. I looked at the boys. Jake nodded and that's when I smiled and said thank you before running out of the room.

Astrid followed right behind me as I ran through the hospital. We got to the elevator this time which only had a man in it.

He looked really familiar. But I couldn't put my finger on it. We kept exchanging glances at each other. He then smirked a smirk that I knew so well.

Who is he? He looked around my age.

It didn't take long for the elevator to stop because it was 1 floor down.

We all got off the elevator on the same floor. I and Astrid fast walked to Allen's room. I stopped to see the man walk two rooms from Allen's.

248? Wait, that's Leo's room. And wait a little longer, that's Leo's guard Blake!

That's why he was smirking because he knew me but I couldn't figure him out.

Now back to my baby.

As I walked into Allen's room slowly. I saw him laying on the bed with wires attached to him. I broke down when I saw this. My baby. He looked so hurt and sad. He looked like nothing. He had an emotionless facial expression.

"Ma'am your son has had a minor concussion. And we don't know how long he will be here. But the impact may have put him in a short-term coma." She said.

When I didn't say anything but let a tear escape from my eyes she continued. "Since he's still a toddler, a kid it will take him longer to recover. How body does not have the strongest system as an adult would. I'm so sorry for this ma'am but we will try our best." She said in a way trying to calm me.

"No," I whispered to myself. I started to fall to the ground. That's when I felt someone catch me. I looked up to see Jake holding me in his arms. He lowers both of us to the ground. I cried into his arms. "No Jake this can't be happening! Why? Why to me? Why do I deserve this?" I cried out into his shirt.

We stayed in that room for an hour. I cried and cried until my eyes were to dry to cry anymore. And Jake kept holding me in his arms.

He even let me sleep some. After that, I decided to go to Leo's room to figure out what really happened.

Astrid had left due to family causes. But I get her reasoning.

As I approached Leo's room. I took a deep breath. Jake put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed gently reassuring me. Seb had already gone in because he somehow knew Leo?

It's time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

493K 17.7K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
1.8K 63 20
Fresh out of prison, Esteban vowed to live the life he'd planned while waiting to regain his freedom. He had a solid plan that didn't include fallin...
190K 1.5K 8
"Never let an old flame burn you twice" Sanyana has heard this enough times but she simply cannot follow when it comes to Ronald, her exhusband. Aft...
502 100 31
It's my first story. Story about two families becoming one. Life. Love. Friendship. They were together in high school, but lives them apart! After 20...