Why Do You CareMortal Instrum...

By ShadowhunterNovak

Shitty start, gets better, gimme a shot plz. After Jace cheats on Clary with Kaelie, Clary goes running away... More

Authors Note
Part 1- Happy with You
Part 2- The Academy
Part 3- Training
Part 4
Part 5- Home Again
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9-The fight
Part 10
Part 11
Part 13- Raphael Santiago
Part 14- Gavin Anderson
Part 15-
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Random Authors Note
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Epilogue

Part 12

113 6 1
By ShadowhunterNovak

A/N

I cant describe very well so here is how i picture Gavin (You'll find out who he is) But omg he is hot. Also if you have read Alice in Zombieland you will understand where I got him from, at least the idea. If you haven't read that book go and read it. Its amazing. 

If you have read it tell me pls. and wat your fave character was, you can guess mine.

On with the story

Clary POV

"I just wanted to say," He hesitates, "That,uh, that after spending time with you I have realised that I still like you." His voice is trailing off at the end but all I could do was stare. Simon liked me? 

"Clary. Come on. I need to say something." I hear Alec yell from across the room. 

"Just yell" I call back. 

"Okay.... Are you still coming out for lunch with me?" He says. When he asked that question I see both Simon's and Jace's eyes swing to me. 

"Yeah, I am just give me a minute to get ready." I yell out, quietly to Simon though I add "I'm sorry," His face falls. "I forgot is was having lunch with Alec. Can we talk about this later?" His face brightens slightly at what I said. I turn before he could answer and run to my room and flop on the bed. Why does that happen to me?  The look of betrayal on Jace's face when he heard what Simon said, he wasn't  that quiet about telling me. Wait, why do I care? He clearly doesn't he lost his chance. 

I get up and get changed into a fancy dress, this was lunch with Alec and one of his non-shadowhunter friends, I know, surprising that any of us have friends that aren't shadowhunters. He said he was going to set me up with him. Alec is bringing Magnus in case we hit it off. We are heading down to a fancy restaurant. The dress that I chose was a dark green, it had low sleeves hanging off my shoulders. The hem of the dress came just below my knees. The dress itself was nice and felt amazing on my skin. 

A/N 

sorry going partway thru the chapter but this is the dress, i cant describe anything well. so here it is. 

"You ready yet?" I hear Alec say outside my door. I just smile he never understood  the need to try new clothes

"Give me a minute I need to brush my hair." I say. I grab y hairbrush and started to brush my hair. I was thinking on how I wanted it and decided on half up half down. I look myself over and open the door to see Alec talking to Jace. When the door opens whatever Jace was going to say didn't come out. 

"Wow" Is all he could manage. 

"Argh, I swear to god Clary you and Magnus with getting dressed up are going to kill me." I hear Alec say. I turn to see Magnus standing next to my door wearing an electric blue suit with a green tie. Of course he also has a green scarf with sparkles on it. 

"Whatever Alec lets go meet," I hesitate, "You haven't even told me his name yet!" I exclaim. 

"Oh yeah, his name is," Alec doesn't get any further in saying what his name was when Jace exclaims, 

"His? You're going out to meet a guy?" 

"Well, yeah. What did you expect? I'm moving on. Now shoo. Alec was just going to say his name." I tell Jace. He glares at Alec but he didn't have to Magnus decided to take it into his own hands and tell me. 

"His name is Gavin." Jace just turns his glare to Magnus, "What are you looking at Jace? Like Clary said you got to expect her to move on." This does nothing to stop Jace's glare if anything it intensified. "Take a picture, it'll last longer Jace." I just laugh at what he said. 

"Let's go now." I say getting annoyed with how Jace was acting. 

When we arrived at the restaurant I scanned the surroundings to see if there was anything wrong. 

"By the way Clary, Gavin has the sight and knows what we are." Alec tells me. I just nod, I rarely ever get nervous but being set up? That makes me nervous. 

"Hey, Alec." I hear a mans voice say I turn and see a tall person heading in for a hug with Alec, I try to cover my snicker at seeing such a broad and muscular man dwarfing Alec, going in for a hug. Upon hearing my snicker he turns to look at me. All I could think was, wow he was hot. 

He was the polar opposite of Jace, where Jace was blonde Gavin was brunette, the darkest shade of brown but not yet black. I wonder what it looks like during the day.  His eyes are an amazing shade of green. Like jades, much more interesting than my grass green eyes. His jawline was so sharp he could cut through stone. WOW, I forgive Alec for this, at least so far. 

"You must be Clary. Alec has told me about you." He winks at me, AHH his voice is amazing too

"I can't say the same." I reply trying not to be bothered by the fact that Alec has spoken to him about me. I just turn to look at Alec and he just shrugs his shoulders. The waiter leads us to our table where Magnus and Alec take one side forcing me to sit next to Gavin. They start talking so I distract myself by looking through the menu. 

"So, you're into art?" I hear Gavin ask

"Yeah, I am, I got into the art academy" I say 

"That's pretty cool." He responds

The rest of the night went well, Gavin and I got along enough that Magnus and Alec decided to leave us alone. We were starting to walk back to Luke's place since we didn't really want him to know about where the institute is. 

"So how long have you known Alec?" I ask Gavin, the night's air was crisp and I could see the stars. 

"I've known him for a long time, when he went to the first downworld market 5 years ago." He answers, "How long have you known him?"

"I only met him last year, you know the massive war that happened?" I ask, he nods, "Just before that, I may or may not be the cause of that." I say smiling at the memory until it comes to Jace.

"Have you ever gone out with someone?" I ask. 

"Well, going out is a strong word. More like hookups back in Georgia and Alabama. There was this one chick that tried to kill me, got me out of that habit." He chuckles at the memory, I just raise an eyebrow and look at him. A Player? I can see that. "I'm not like that anymore though."

"That's good. I hate players. Ever since Ja-" I cut myself off before I finish that sentence, tonight was a great night, didn't want to ruin it with the though of him

"What happened?" He asked as he stopped walking and grabbed my shoulders so I would face him.

"My last boyfriend was supposed to take me out on a date, I was walking to his room when I saw him kissing another girl. It was only a couple months ago." I say not able to meet his eyes. 

"I would never treat anyone like that anymore, I learnt how it felt and it feels like shit." He says. 

"I'm sorry that it turned to this. I don't usually get this emotional." I tell him

"I understand, it was only a couple of months ago." 

"But I am over him." 

"You may think that, but maybe you aren't" He says sadly

"I am definitely over him. You helped me. Just this night made me forget everything that happened." We walk up to Luke's door and he goes in for a hug. He rests his chin on my head when Luke opens his door to see us. 

"You're home Clary. Come inside" He says looking at me. 

"Seeya Gavin." 

A/N Sorry about this chapter, I'm shit a describing and couldn't think about what to do. Also sorry that it has been around 2 weeks. Woops also I'm gonna be away for another 2 weeks so, sorry

Anyway hope you kinda enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 105 10
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - My name is Clarissa Morgenstern. All my life I had lived in the Shadowhunter home country of Idris. I loved my li...
332K 7.9K 30
When Clary discovers that she is pregnant and is forced to leave the love of her life, she tries to prepare herself for the challenges ahead. Her mot...
3K 143 34
This happens after the city of heavenly fire.(In the Mortal Instruments series) She walks in gracefully and says with so much venom, that I flinch, "...
328K 7.5K 36
Almost seventeen years before Clary Fairchild came into everyone's lives, a young girl around one year old showed up on the steps of the New York Ins...