Part 34

I watched in horror as Clary threw the knife into Jace. I could see in her eyes where she was aiming. That there was some reluctance in throwing that knife. It sank right into his chest. I could see that it was millimetres away from the heart.

The others didn't pick that up though, they were distraught that Clary had thrown a knife into his chest.

She looks up at Malcolm as if expecting a speech or an order. He just smiles at her before returning his attention to Jace and the others. Surely he noticed that it didn't get his heart.

He then lifts the barrier with a flick of his wrist and Izzy and Alec finish running over to him. They were both close to tears. Alec was kind of limping as he felt the pain his parabatai felt. I turn back to face Clary, I want to see her reaction to everything.

She looks at me horror now evident on her face. She mouths two words at me.

'Attack Now.'

I look at her, hoping it was actually her when she turned and looked at Malcolm again.

I knew then that it was her. Before she spun away the look in her eyes scared me. Even more than before entering this room. She was out for his blood. She begins to walk slowly over to him while he was distracted watching Izzy fuss over Jace who is now coughing blood.

I follow quickly over to Clary and when I catch up, I walk her pace.

"Go round the back." She whispered to me. I nod my head and walk over to the other side of Clary so I can walk behind without getting in his line of view.

I position myself right behind Malcolm's chair, it had a ledge that would allow me to look over and watch, not that I'm going to risk it.

I can hear him chuckling lightly. He found amusement in our situation.

"You think you can control me now?" Clary demands. Her voice echoes around the room.

I can't see anything that is happening since I'm behind the chair, but I hear the light laughter stop. The entire room is now silent, not even the choking sobs from Izzy.

"What do you mean? I don't need to control you anymore." He responds.

"Who cares? I'm not letting you leave this room. You have caused enough damage to everyone here." She says. Her voice laced with venom. I can imagine her standing there with her arms crossed.

"Who says anyone is going to leave this room? No one is leaving this property. That kid with the glasses isn't either. He bled out while you were in here. You forgot all about him." He says, his tone bored. I heard the gasps come from Izzy and Clary. I was shocked. We had managed to staunch the flow.

"You killed Simon?" Clary asks softly. Her voice barely above a whisper but everyone could hear the pain in her voice as clear as day. "If everyone here isn't going to leave the property, I'm making damn sure you aren't."

He just laughs at her. He doesn't even acknowledge the anger in her voice.

"Gavin." She says. I take this as my que and climb above the ledge and wrap my arms around his neck in a chokehold.

I see Clary begin to walk even closer, holding her kindjal like it was a purse. Malcolm tries to get out of my hold but having trained against some boys built a hell of a lot bigger than him I could hold it easily.

He begins to mutter some words. Words that I didn't understand until Clary yells,

"COVER HIS MOUTH!"

I slam my hand over his mouth muffling his words. I could still feel his lips moving against my hands. I push against his face harder and he finally stops mouthing words.

Clary stalks closer, her eyes showing only rage.

"You are going to regret everything. You should never have come for me and the people that I care about."

Malcolm tries harder to wriggle his way out of my grip, but it was like a steel cage.

I watched as the fiery red head walks even closer to him. She does not stumble or hesitate in her movements or her words, everything about her is particular and planned. And I loved it.

Oh damn, I'm falling in love.

I shook my head trying to get rid of my thoughts, this is the worst timing in the world to realise this. There was a fire igniting in my heart, the heat spread through my body making me feel weak.

Malcolm beginning to gain more freedom brought me back to my surroundings. I tighten my grip so that I was nearly choking him.

"Should I make this fast? Or slow? For the torture that you put me through." Clary asked questioningly. Like she was deciding what to eat for dinner.

"Make it fast, you don't want to go slow and lose this opportunity." I say. With zombies or Anima we always had to work fast, they would take the time we gave them to find a plan to bomb the house or something ridiculous.

"So, slitting the throat it out. How about I make it how you wanted me to kill Jace? But this time I'll hit the heart." She says. Izzy stiffens at that.

"You didn't hit his heart?" She asks. Clary's face softens before she responds.

"Yeah, I was able to gain the smallest amount of control before actually throwing the knife. I didn't hit his heart."

"Then why is he unconscious?" She asks near a whisper.

"I also knocked him in the head at one point. That could be a delayed reaction. Try to wake him up, whatever's necessary."

Izzy turns back to Jace and attempt to wake him up leaving Clary and I to kill the bastard that is now laughing.

"So, we are going to make this fast, lucky for you. You don't have to suffer through anything." She says her face hardening when she looks at him. You could see the disgust evident on her face. "Through the heart, properly this time."

"Any last words?" I ask releasing my hand from his mouth. He is just laughing manically. He just wouldn't stop. "What are you finding so funny?"

"Well, oh god, he won't survive." He says through his giggling. "All of the blades were doused in a poison. Including the staff. It doesn't even need to enter through a wound. Just contact with skin. Neither of you are leaving." He starts his cackling again.

I look over to Clary and see that she is beginning to get less sure of herself.

"Don't let him get to you. Kill him now so we can save Jace." I say.

"You're not saving him, Little Doll." He sings before giggling like a child.

Malcolm suddenly gets serious.

"The only way to save both of you is to ingest the antidote. I have the only doses available." He smirks at us.

"Clary, now." I demand.

She lurches forward bringing the dagger high above her head. Malcolm begins his laughing again. He laughs as the dagger enters his chest, right where his heart is. Right in between his ribs so that it had a smooth entry.

"Nice one Cherry." I grin before she blacks out. 

A/N

I'm sorry for the long break, I had a surprise holiday and was very busy doing holiday homework for one of my classes. 

Hope you enjoyed this anyway, I stayed up late at night during the holiday so I could get two parts done. 

Thx for reading!