Falling for my Boss

By bellablue1410

Addison Jordan 20 has never had a proper family to grow up with. Her mother died while in labour with her and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Ideas :)

Chapter 7

30.6K 934 109
By bellablue1410

Addison's Pov

************
Dream

"ADDISON-ROSE!" My dad yelled my name from downstairs. I knew I was in for double trouble when he said my name like that.

"Yes C-Charlie."

"GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE NOW!" He beckoned. He's voice was full of so much hate.

"Yes Charlie." I said as I ran downstairs and approached the room he was in.

"I thought I told you to take all the damn rubbish out and clean up?" I could smell the alcohol on his breath and there were cans everywhere.

"I was going to but we haven't got any bags to put the rubbish in so I was going to go and get some today and then clean up." I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear me.

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHETHER WE HAD BAGS OR NOT. WHEN I ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING, YOU FUCKING DO IT!" He spat at me, anger written all over his face.

"I'm sorry Charlie, I will go to the shops now and get the bags to clean up."

"Sorry isn't good enough!"

Before I knew it he had punched me straight in the face then punched me in the stomach and kicked my feet from underneath me so I fell to the floor with a hard thud. He grabbed me by my hair roughly so I was looking at him.

"YOU ARE A FUCKING WASTE OF BREATH! YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET!"

I tried so hard to blink back my tears. I didn't want them to fall while he's screaming in my face as it will give him more of a reason to beat me.

He picked me up and threw me against the wall. I'm sure I heard some bones crack. He started kicking me and punching me. I was trying so hard not to scream at the pain he was causing.

End of dream.
*****************

I woke up sweating profusely and breathing heavily. Tears rolling down my cheeks. Even though it was a nightmare it felt so real. I felt like I was back in that moment. I was left trembling, I was so scared.

My father knew what college I was studying at but never once turned up which I was extremely grateful for. Once I had finished college I didn't bother returning home to him. I left the country and changed my number. I didn't want anything to do with him. I'm sure he is probably looking for me so he can release all his anger on me.

I checked my phone to see what the time is and it was 2:30am. I also had a message from Brax that was sent 10 minutes ago. What's he still doing up?

I can't stop thinking about you. ~ Brax

Aww. Go to sleep then you will stop thinking about me. ~ Addison

Why you still awake at this time? ~ Brax

I was asleep. I had a nightmare that woke me up. Why are you still awake? ~ Addison

Hope it wasn't too bad. I can't sleep. ~ Brax

Nothing I can't handle. ~ Addy

No, I couldn't handle having these nightmares but I had to handle it. These nightmares have been going on since the abuse began and I only have Charlie my father to thank for that. I had to remain strong for myself, I had to show him that I'm better than what he called me.

You poor thing. I just want to give you a cuddle. ~ Brax

I really needed a cuddle from him. I needed to feel his arms around me keeping me safe. And for some weird reason I really did feel safe in his arms. The safest I have ever felt before. Even with men before that I have 'dated' I have never felt safe. Not once...... until now.

A cuddle sounds perfect right now. ~ Addy

O...M...G... Addison! What are you thinking, you never do anything like this! It's true, I never do anything like this. Because I have never felt like this before, I don't know if I'm rushing but right now I'm doing what feels right and this feels very much right. Yes ok I'm falling too quickly and anything could happen but I'm willing to take that risk. I feel like I'm living for myself and not in the shadow of someone else.

I'm coming to give to you a cuddle. Be there in 15 mins. ~ Brax

Ok. See you in a bit. ~ Addy

I did actually, really, genuinely want to see him. I was scared to be alone right now. I was scared of my own shadow. I was always scared 24/7 just in case Charlie found me. Having Brax with me gives me a bit more strength to fight my demon.

20 minutes later my phone starts ringing.

"Hello." I answer.

"I'm outside, let me in." Brax says hanging up the phone.

I opened the door to see his gorgeous face staring back at me. He looks me up and down with a smirk on his gorgeous face and I realise that all I'm wearing are pyjama shorts and a baggy t-shirt but where the t-shirt is so baggy it covers my shorts. I could feel the heat rising to the surface of my cheeks as I blush so hard.

He's lips crash into mine, I feel the electricity flow through me. He hungrily bites my bottom lip wanting entrance as his hand trailed down my back and onto my arse. He picks me up, closing my front door with his foot and leans me against it. My legs automatically wrap around his waist without letting go of our kiss. We pull away breathless and he hugs me.

He walks over to the sofa still holding me, places me on the sofa and sits down beside me. I get comfortable by snuggling into his side with my legs over his thighs. He wraps his arms around me. We sit in that position for a while talking about random things when he asks me about my nightmare.

Uh-oh!

I wasn't ready to tell him anything about my abuse yet. Even though I wanted to tell him, I just couldn't, not right now. He was waiting for me to answer but I had no idea what reason to come up with.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He says brushing my hair away from my face.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you." I pause for a second. "I do but I'm just not ready to tell you right now." I say to him sadly.

"I totally understand. When you're ready to tell me, I will be here ready to listen." He says planting a kiss on my head and hugging me tighter.

"Thank you." I say quietly.

After an hour of cuddling and talking we finally get into bed. Brax pulls me to him so we are spooning, kisses my head and whispers "goodnight beautiful."

"Goodnight." I whisper back closing my eyes feeling safe and content in his warm arms that surround me.

~~~FFMB~~~

I woke up tangled with Brax in between the sheets. Having his arm around my waist and our legs intwined made me smile. I turned in his arms to face him. He's so handsome. I ran my finger along his jaw line.

"Good morning beautiful." He whispered.

"Good morning handsome."

He places a sweet, gentle kiss on my lips and holds me close.

"Would you like a cup of tea Mr Carter?" I ask smiling.

"Haha I see what you did.... a cup of tea would be lovely Miss Jordan." He smirks. "But in 5 minutes, I don't want to let you go just yet." He says winking, snuggling against me.

We snuggled together for a little while longer. As much as I didn't want to move from his warm embrace, we had to. We had to get up and ready to go to see his dad. I kept wondering why he asked me to go instead of anyone else.... He had only met me 6 days ago but in all fairness it felt like we've known each other a lot longer.

I slowly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and went to the toilet. Coming out of the bathroom I see Brax getting out of bed. I really could get used to this sight every morning. He was only wearing his boxers and let me tell you they left nothing to the imagination downstairs. His torso was unreal. I had never seen a sexier body. Six pack, muscles in all the right places you name it.

"Have you got a spare toothbrush?"

"Yeah I do but it's pink." I said.

"A pink toothbrush is fine by me." He smiled that gorgeous smile. Even in the morning he's smile was just as gorgeous as it was every other time of the day.

I showed him where the toothbrush was and left him in the bathroom. I walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on to make a cup of tea for Brax. I just grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. I was standing there making his tea when two arms snaked around my waist. I could feel his toned chest against my back.

"It's a nice place you have here but why is it so empty?" Brax asked.

"Because I moved here on Tuesday and unfortunately I haven't got the funds to be decorating and buying things for the place yet."

"Ahh that makes sense.... where did you move from?"

"London."

"I love London. Did you live near Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, that area?"

"I was about half an hour away on the train. So no not far." I smiled. "Your tea is ready Mr Carter."

"Thank you Miss Jordan." He said planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Well would you look at that." I said in pretend shock.

"What?"

"You actually said 'thank you' for making your tea." I smiled one of those cheesy smiles.

He smirked rolling his eyes at me. "I'll try to remember next time." He laughed.

I jumped in the shower and got dressed while Brax drank his tea. Once I was dressed Brax got in the shower and got dressed. My makeup was again a natural look and I left my hair in its natural waves down.

We arrived at the hospice. Brax looked nervous. I placed my hand in his to reassure him that it was ok and I was here for him. He squeezed my hand and smiled at me as we walked to the receptionist. Brax told them who we were here to see. We walked to his dads room. Brax took a deep breath and walked into the room. I took a step back as Brax hugged his father and said hello and all that stuff.

"Dad I want you to meet Addison Jordan, my personal assistant."

I walked towards Mr Carter, who put his hand out for mine. I placed my hand in his. "It's nice to meet you Mr Carter." I said smiling.

"Please call me Arthur. Mr Carter makes me feel old." He winked.

"Dad you are old." We all laughed.

"Brax I'm not old." He said in pretend shock. "Im only 21." Then laughed.

"Ok dad I believe you." Brax said with a huge grin on his face.

We spent most of the afternoon laughing and joking. I had to admit this Brax in front of me was hot! He was so loving and caring towards his father. It was so lovely to see this side of him. It made me fall for him even more. He wasn't just this mean boss man, he definitely had a much softer side that I loved!

Brax went to get us all a hot drink from the cafe while I stayed with his dad.

"Thank you Addison for making him smile. I haven't seen him smile like that since before his mum passed away. And before you say anything." He pauses. "I can see you make him happy by the way he looks at you. It's the same way I used to look at his mother. He's eyes speak a thousand words when they are on you."

"We aren't together Arthur. I do really like him but it won't work."

"Why won't it work?"

"He's my boss Arthur. As much as I want it to happen, it can't." I said sadly.

"Yes it can work Addison. I met his mother at work, I was her boss. If this horrible disease that's taking me didn't take her away from us when Brax was 13 years old we would still be deeply in love today. Do I regret falling in love with my assistant all those years ago? No I don't. She was the best thing to happen to me and so is Brax."

"I want you to know that it is possible and can happen. If it doesn't happen just please promise me.... you will be his friend. Look after him, be there for him when I'm gone. I know he has a shitty attitude sometimes but that is just a front. Deep down he is the most caring, funny, loving person I've had the pleasure of knowing and I'm proud to be his father."

Tears rise to the surface of my eyes, I blink to try and keep them at bay. "I promise." I smiled at his father and hugged him.

It got to 8:30pm and it was time to go. I said my goodbye to Arthur hugging him.

"It was lovely to meet you Addison."

"You too Arthur." I smiled.

Brax and Arthur said there goodbyes.

"Brax don't be a stranger. I've not got long left and don't want to miss seeing you." He said tears rising in his eyes.

"I won't dad, I'll definitely be back to see you." Brax said holding back tears too. They hugged it out and we left.

On the way home we spoke about his father and he was in better spirits regarding him. I was happy he that he was happy. He dropped me off at my place, we said our goodbyes.

~~~~~
Chapter 7 done :)
~~~~~

Another chapter complete :)
I'm glad Brax asked Addison to go see his dad. He clearly needed a bit of support.

What do you think of the conversation between Addison and Arthur (Brax's dad) regarding their relationship??

Should they pursue a relationship?

Thank you for reading my story guys. I appreciate all the views, comments and votes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 12.8K 40
His words had me heated. As he spoke he made it sexy, and it turned me on. He was right about the pull towards us. The sex between us worked...and it...
1.2M 40.2K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...
9.7M 461K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
635K 22.8K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...