Anyone call for a Hero of Oly...

By percyfan4ever123

Set six months after the House of Hades, and in the Harry's fifth year at Hogwarts. Percy Jackson, Son of Pos... More

Authors Note!
A suprising conversation and a terrible day
Suprising Discoveries and The End Of Summer
All Aboard The Hogwarts Express!
Training and First Lesson's
Revealing Secrets and a Serious Talk
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy birthday percy!
Detention with delores and a Confusing Night
Detention with Delores and a Confusing Night part 2
New Powers and A great idea
Worring Information and an Important Meeting
BoO!!!!
A Really Inconvineant Quest Part 1
A Really Inconviniant Quest part 2
A Really Inconviniant Quest part three(is this chapter EVER going to end!)
A Really Inconveniant Quest Part 4
Quidditch Bans and Disturbing Dreams
An Important Chat and A visit to St. Mungo's part 1
Unplanned events and a Happy Reunion part 1
Unplanned Events and a Happy Reunion part 2
I'M BAAACK!!
Shocking Revelations and a Merry Christmas
A Mad Dash and a Grim Situation

We get sorted and meet a Fluffy Pink Toad

21.7K 681 505
By percyfan4ever123

hey guys!  I liked where I was taking the story, cuz I got no plot, just winging it, especially with the two Hedwigs, so I'm gonna update once more. yay! I was writing all day yesterday, and ended up with a headache,  like a really bad one, but then it went away so I'm ready for another one today! (not really,  so this chapter will be shorter for the sake of my health.) I haven't figured out how to dedicate chapters yet, but this one's dedicated to @X_X_Diamondzz for being awesome!

I don't own the characters cuz uncle Rick and J.K Rowling do.

Percy

When Ron was getting too close to the truth,  I did the only thing I could think of.  I tipped over the boat.

I asked the giant squid to place everyone else back in the boat,  then I swam to shore,  knocking Draco Malfoy's boat over as well.  Not even Snape like that boy. I quickly dried Thalia, Nico and myself at one touch. I was a bit taken aback when Hermione asked for the spell, but quickly covered by remembering one.

It wasn't easy to dry people. It was a complicated incantation, a lot harded that anything they must have done before, because it took her a few minutes to get any results. We entered the castle, not having to fake our looks of awe. It didn't matter how many times I the past month we'd walked through those doors. It was amazing every time.
As soon as we entered,  we were called to the side by a stern looking woman, my cousins in tow.

"I am professor Mcgonagall. Professor Dumbledor, Professor Snape and I are the only one who know your true identity,  and keep it that way until you see it fit to reveal yourselves. In an few minutes, the first years will go in, and get sorted. It will then be your turn. You seem to already have made friends with Potter. That is good. You truly must be the best of you kind. When you go in to get sorted, Albus will have introduced you to the shcool as exchange students from America. I trust you all can preform magic well above your grade?" We all nodded, a little creeped out at how much the woman could say in one breath.

"Wait here while the first years get sorted. I will come to get you when it is time." Without waiting for us to speak, ahe turned on her heels and walked towards a group of scared first years.

While we were waiting, the ghosts came floating through the wall. After staying here for the past few weeks,  we knew the place like the back of our hand.

"Hey Nick!" Nico called. They had become friends, but their friendship had started with Nico threatening to send him to the underworld. After a lot of begging and pleads, Nico had decided to befriend the Hogwarts ghost instead of threaten them. Now, Nearly Headless Nick was loyal to Nico, after Nico had used his stygian iron sword to completely detach his head. He was now Sir Nicholas of the headless hunt. 
        The ghosts all had a pretty good relationship with me, because of Hades' blessing, but Thalia and the ghosts didn't get along. They were always arguing.  And then there was Moaning Myrtle,  who kept telling me if I died I could share her toilet.  I was snapped out of my thoughts by the stern teacher returning.

"Follow me," she said,  but she didn't need to. We already knew the way to the Great Hall.

We walked to the front of the hall, beside a pink toad who had just finished a boring speech. Severus had told us about her. She was some ministry lady meddling at the shcool. He had told us that we had to behave and act like model students in all classes except for hers. We were allowed to pretty much do anything we wanted, of course,  it couldn't be too extreme and we mustn't get caught, but we could still have some fun with her.  Apparently,  according to Severus, none of the staff liked her.

"This year's exchange students!" Dumbledore announced,  and curious clapping echoed around the hall.

"Di Angelo, Nico!" Mcgonnagal called.

Nico walked over to the hat, not at all nervous.  He put it on,  and we all waited for a few seconds. I saw his fist clench, and I guessed he was remembering Gaea speaking in people's heads during the giant war.

"Griffidor!" the hat called.

Nico, looking relieved, set the hat on the stool, and walked over to sit by Ron. At first, the slightly annoying wizard had been afraid of Nico. Even if he didn't know of the son of Hades' true parentage,  he still had enough sense to feel the aura of death around him, but pretty soon, that evapourated as they got to know each other. Apparently,  Ron was really annoying like Nico.

"Grace, Thalia!" The old transfiguration teacher yelled.

"Just Thalia," Thalia said as she slipped on the hat.

The hat was barley on her head when it called, "Griffindor!"

I maintained a neutral expression, but I was freaking out. Severus had warned me that the hat would go through our pasts, see how we handle losses, stressful situations and bad experiences.  He said this might reawaken suppressed memories from Tartarus.

"Perseus Jackson," a hush fell over the hall as I stepped out of the shadows. I guess I had that effect on people. They were probably all plotting to kill me.

I put the hat on, and sat on the stool, preparing myself for the worst.

Harry

When professor Macgonagall called Percy's name, I seriously hoped he would be in Gryfindor. I looked around, wondering where Percy was,  when I saw him. I held my breath. He stepped out from the shadows, looking incredibly powerful.  His windswept hair and his lean, muscular frame made him look like some sort of Greek god. ( ironic, I know). His eyes were bore into the hall, and everyone started up at him in awe. All the boys looked jealous, and all the girls had lovestruck expessions on their faces. He seemed nervous though, like he was waiting for something bad to happen. When I had first met him, he was with his friends, joking around, and laughing. Now, with all the eyes on him, he was more serious, and powerful. The one thing I had noticed in all the exchange students were their eyes. Nico's were a dark black, almost soul less. Thalia's were an electric blue, and seemed to reflect the colour of the great hall ceiling.  Percy's eyes were a vibrant sea green, exactly like the ocean. They reflected his personality.

Percy walked over to the stool, sat down, and placed the hat on his head.

His fist closed, just like Nico's had done. I guess the hat's voice really bothered them. Then, the hat stood up straight, and started to say," HUFFLE-" but them stopped itself. Everyone started whispering amongt them selves. The hat had never changed its mind, and had never stopped itself.

"SLYTHER-" the hat stopped itself once more. Now, the students were going crazy, wondering how the new guy had the qualities of two of the houses.

"Maybe I need to look deeper into your past. After all, you are tied between all four houses," the hat muttered loudly.

Everyone gasped, even Dumbledore and the other teachers. Nobody in Hogwarts history, not even Tom Riddle, had tied between all four houses. My scar gave a little twinge at the thought of Voldemort.( For some reason, I got shivers when I wrote that!)

"Not a good idea!" Percy whispered to it, but it was too late.

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" the hat screamed,"GRYFINDOR! GRYGINDOR!"

With another yell, the hat knocked itself off Percy's tousled hair and onto the ground.

Percy stood up, smirked at it, then walked over to the Gryffindor table, ignoring the stunned looks the rest of the table had given him. What was so bad about his past that had caused the hat to fly off his head screaming? I was sure that everyone in the Great Hall was thinking the same thing.

Percy sat down, next to me and Nico, across from Thalia.

"Sacrificial Flames are so awesome," Nico said pointedly.

Percy's eyes widened and he nodded. He quickly pretended to over drop his fork, but I was the only one who noticed it was accidental. He ducked under the table, and the other two clumsily dropped part of the food that had just appeared in front of them under the table.

I could hear all three of them mumble something in a different language. I shot a glance under the table, and saw Percy's hand, with fire in it.  It wasnt even the blue fire Hermione used. I shook it off as some kind of spell as a delicious smell met my nose. Percy sat back up again,  laughing and joking with us, though it seemed a bit fake and when the meal was over, I was about to tell them to follow me, when they all stood up, leading the way towards the Gryffindor tower.  Percy stiffened, then turned around and said,"which way is the Gryffindor dormitories?"

The other two stopped and turned around as well, looking like they were mentally face palming.

We led them up the staircase and down the corridor where the portrait of the fat lady was, when the lady from the ministry,  professor Umbridge,  walked up to us.

"You may not have heard my speech," she told the three cousins,"but I will tell you now, any misbehavior or lies will be punished, and no matter what Potter, " She was talking to me now." Do not poison the minds of my students with lies."

With an odd cough, she walked away. 

"Guys!" Percy called, loud enough for Umbridge to hear. She stopped, probably so she could hear better.

"I just had the weirdest hallucination. There was this giant pink toad, and it was talking in a high pitched shrill voice. it told me something about behaving and Voldemort rising. Then it coughed.  I was about to offer it a cough drop, but then it hopped away. " he was pretending to look confused.

Umbridge turned, her face red with anger. "Mr, Jackson,  detention for the next week!"

I was expecting Percy to be upset,  and Hermione to be cross, but I was wrong.

Percy laughed. "See you then, Professor Pink Toad!"

Hermione wasn't yelling at Percy as I had expected. Instead,  she was going on and on about how brave he had been to stand up to Umbridge. Rons face was becoming as red as professor Pink Toad.

We walking into the common room, our spirits slightly lifted.

We talked well into the night, mostly petting Hedwig and Hedwig, which I still couldn't  get over. We had named both our snowy owls the same thing. It was pretty cool.

At around one in the morning, Ron, Hermione and I headed up to our dormatories.

"You guus coming? Your the last ones to come up, and we have lessons tommorow, you don't want to fall asleep on your first day!" I called behind me.

Percy laughed, sounding oddly bitter. "Don't worry about us falling asleep in class. We don't have much trouble with no sleep."

What did that mean? I walked up the stairs, and I could still hear them talking.

"Whats your record for staying awake?" Percy asked.

"Three days" Nico said. I whistled internally. I was pretty sure they couldn't beat that. The most I had gone without sleep was 38 hours.

"That's it?" Thalia asked. "My record's a week and a half, and thats only because I got knocked out. I could have lasted longer."

"You guys make me crack up!" Percy said, not at all sounding like he was going to laugh." My record is about 3 weeks."

My jaw fell open. By now, I was just standing at the top of the stairs, evesdropping.

"Was that during and after the place?" Nico asked.

"Tar-" Thalia started to ask, but got sushed by Nico.

"Nico, its fine," Percy sighed," the stupid hat reawakened some of my memories anyway."

I could hear the rustling of their robes, and it was pretty obvious that the three of them had just shared a group hug.

"It's just, the mansion of Night.  It was terrifying.  I won't ever tell Annabeth this but I had my eyes open the whole time. I couldn't risk her safety just for my sanity. She was the one that kept me sane. It used my fatal flaws against me, it almost drove me mad."

"I know Percy,  it's ok." Thalia's voice was unusually gentle.

I realized that I was tresspassing on a private moment, and snuck upstairs. The stairs didn't creak, and I was dead silent, but it was like they had sensed my movement or something. 

Within seconds, they had me surrounded.  Percy's eyes were blazing,  and his expression really frightened me. As soon as they realized it was me, they all relaxed. Thalia, who's  hand was on a bracelet on her wrist, and the other one reaching behind her, put her hand back down. Nico had taken his creepy skull ring off, and seemed to be in the shadows,  even tbough he was standing in the light. He put the ring back on, and there seemed to be more light around him. Percy was holding a pen in each hand, and his scary face on. He put the pens back into his pocket, and his face melted into a smile.

"Oh, it's you, Harry. Come on, lets get to bed."

He let me up the stairs,  not even asking how much of their conversation I had heard, though I had a feeling he knew exactly how much. He walked straight to his bed, where there was a sea green trunk. Effortlessly, he lifted the trunk off his bed, and fell asleep,  still wearing his robes.

I lay in my bed, wondering why none of them had pulled out their wands when I was eavesdropping on them earlier. That was when I realized that when we were talking to Professor Pink Toad, Percy had said Voldermort, not You Know Who, like he was scared, or The dark Lord, like a lot of death eaters said. Maybe these exchange students had the guts to help us defeat Voldemort. They definitely believed he was back. I smiled to myself.  This school year would be great,  because I had made three new friends. No matter how much they didn't make sense,  I trusted them. I closed my eyes, and fell into a peaceful sleep.

And I'm done! I feel like I messed up on this chapter, but whatever! I'm going to be in a different country for the next few days, so I wont have Internet that often, so I will try to update once again tommorow. I will attempt to write more chapters while I am away.  I'm leaving tommorow night, amd coming back Wednesday. the first thing I do when I reenter this country will be to publish the updates, no matter how much it charges my phone for going over my mobile data limit. I will also try to update what I have writtwn whenever I get wifi. Good bye awesome people, and lets hope I update tommorow before I leave. So the latest chapter you guys could possibly get is Thursday, so don't worry people, you shall get more to read soon! Hopefully I shall see you in this weird reading words to eye world tommorow!

continue being awesome people!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.9M 86.3K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
151K 5.4K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
570K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...