Things Have Changed (Adopted...

By falloutbrick

Adopted by Brendon Urie FanFic Brooklyn has been in the foster care system for 3 years with no luck of findi... More

This is Gospel
This Is Just the Prologue
Chapter 1: Grab Your Hat and Fetch Your Camera
Chapter 2: Ready To Go
Chapter 3: LA Devotee
Chapter 4: New Perspective
Chapter 5: All My Friends We're Glorious
Chapter 6: Panic! Meet The Press
Chapter 7: Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks
Chapter 8: Swimming With The Sharks
Chapter 9: Maybe I'm Overjoyed, Maybe I'm Paranoid
Chapter 10: 20 Dollar Nosebleed
Chapter 11: Camisado
Chapter 12: Northern Downpour Pt. 1
Time to Dance
Chapter 13: Northern Downpour Pt. 2
Chapter 14: Turn Off The Lights
Chapter 15: Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster
Chapter 17: Old Fashioned
Chapter 18: Crazy=Genius
Chapter 19: From A Mountain In The Middle Of The Cabins
Chapter 20: Let's Kill Tonight
Chapter 21: Your Regular Decorated Emergency
The End Of All Things
Character Ask
Character Answers

Chapter 16: Miss Jackson

922 42 104
By falloutbrick

Brendon's POV

My breathing hitches as I read over those words again.

I have her.

I'm unable to even read the rest of the note as I just feel pain overcome me. Like a wave from the ocean crashing down on me. All these different emotions: shock, worry, anger, panic all swallow me up whole into a pit of complete fear.

I drop the note from my hands, Sarah grabs it before it reaches the floor. I step away from the group unable to breathe, the panic making my airways tight. My hands find their way to my hair. Running their way through the strands, pulling and gripping them at each thought of what is actually happening.

She's gone.

I block out all the noice and hysteria coming from the others as my panicked thoughts are overpowering them.

SHE'S GONE—

"Brendon!?" Sarah yells, bringing me out of the state of panic in my head.

"What are we going to do?" She looks at me, worry and fear in her eyes.

"I-I..." I gulp and blink slowly at her, the thoughts are to rapid to concentrate. "Give me the note again." I finally say.

She nods and hands the note over to me. I read over the rest of the note:

If you want her back, come to this address and bring 40,000 dollars cash.

259 Walhalla Road, Columbus Ohio

Time is ticking Brendon.

(If you want to look up the address, look it up without the house numbers. You might find a little surprise hehehe)

I start to really hyperventilate now. Time is running out and who knows she might already be dead.

"I need to go to find her." I say looking up at the group. They all have the same looks of fear and worry on their faces.

"I'm coming with you. We can drive to the place in the rental car." Zack says with a serious look on his face. The guy doesn't show much emotion but he does care. And when it comes to protecting me or my family, shit gets personal.

"Alright fine, but just me and Zack. I don't want anyone else to get hurt." Me and Zack go to exit the bus until someone pulls me back by the arm. I spin around to find my wife holding on, tears spilling out from her eyes.

"Please, say safe." She says quietly. I lean down and give her a soft kiss. "Bring our daughter back."

"I will, I promise." I give her one more peck on the lips before turning around and leaving the bus.

I hold the note tightly in my right hand as Zack and I run to the only rental car which is on the other side of the parking lot.

"Woah, what are you guys doing!" I hear a voice yell. I turn and see Pete walking towards the rental car in which we need to get to.

Zack and I keep running towards the rental car, Pete beating us to it. We skid to a stop, both of us out of breath.

"Brooklyn's been kidnapped and we need to go find her!" I yell frantically. I need to save her, time is running out.

Shock and fear overcome Pete's expression, his body physically tensing up.

"Get in." Pete commands getting into the driver's seat.

Zack hurries and gets in the back and I run to get in the passenger's seat. Pete starts up the car with the keys that were in his pocket. He backs out of the parking space and then slams on the gas to go forward. The tires making a screeching sound as the car skids out of the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" Pete asks me. I hand the crumpled piece of paper to him. The paper crippled from my hand being tightly closed and squeezing it.

He unfolds it and scans over the note. His eyes widen at what is written on it but hurriedly gets out his phone. He gives it to me to put in the address and I do it, trying not to mess up. My brain is on panic mode as if it's freaking out and not able to control itself. I hand the phone back to him.

Destination arrival in 11 minutes.

Oh god. What if she's hurt? Who even is this psychopath? Who would want to do something like this? What if she's already dead? Oh my god.

This is all my fault. If I would have just let her go to the fucking concert none of this would've happened. She wouldn't have been kidnapped and she would have been perfectly happy and safe. But no, I had to be a stupid overprotective parent and not let her go. Now because of my idiocy, she's been kidnapped. She's gone. Brooklyn, my own daughter, is fucking gone.
I—

"Brendon!" Pete's yell brings me out of my thoughts. I look up at him, his eyes flickering from me and to the road. They come back to me, his eyes full of worry. The fear and concern very much present in his face.

"Please calm down we're going to find her." I give him a confused look before I see my leg rapidly jumping up and down. I feel the tears run down my face, retracing the path of the others that had already ran down it. My breathing, more like hyperventilating, rapid and jagged.

I nod and lean back in my seat. Closing my eyes, I start to deepen my breathing.

Hopefully she's okay.

How about we go and look up on our girl Brooklyn hm?

—————————————————————————————————

Brooklyn's POV

I wake up with a groan. My eyes flutter open to see my surroundings.

Where the hell am I?

The only light shining in was through a small window to my left. Even the light from outside was barely enough to see, the room was pretty much black. The walls were worn down, the dry wall crumbled down revealing the old insulation behind. The floor was wooden, dark oak planks that were littered with splinters poking up from them. Signifying that wherever I was was really old.

I try to move but my body was tied to a chair by thick rope. My hands were tied behind me and my ankles were tied to the legs of it. What the fuck?!

I try tugging my hands out of the restrains but the rope or whatever is holding me back is too tight. Franticly, I look around trying to find something to get me out of here. The only thing in this room was the door right in front of me that hopefully leads out of here and some huge questionable red stain lying to the right of me. Looking at the spot makes me shudder, the feeling of this place dark and eerie. Darkness and evil looms in this room, sending goosebumps across my skin. This is not good.

I start fighting against the restrains again. My mind goes on panic mode telling me to get the hell out of here. I whimper as the rope rubs against my wrists no doubt giving me robe burn.

I hear footsteps coming from the other side of the door. Each step growing closer to me.

Faster, I fight against the rope. The closing footsteps make my heart go faster, beating at what it feels like to be a hundred miles per hour.

Finally, the door swings open. I look up, scared of who it is that's there. I stop tugging on the restraints. My breathing stops, as if someone had taken it away. I stare wide eyed at the person in front of me, unable to even think.

I finally say something, the word foreign to me.

"Dad?"

~

My finger slipped?

Um hi guys sorry for the kinda late (not really) update,, it's just if any of you follow me on my insta (_patd.devotee_ *wink wink*) or if you don't live under a rock, but Kenny isn't apart of Panic anymore and I've been answering DMs and just been stripped of all of my emotions and am overall depressed,, again I'm sorry and the mood of the chapter doesn't help AT ALL but ya know it's something to distract y'all from what's happening and for me personally, I really need it

ANYWAYS for you little smarty pants' who thought it was her dad well y'all were correct so you get a cookie, good job my friends

but yea, I think I'm gonna go sleep and pretend everything is okay,, so thanks you reading y'all and I hope you guys are intrigued by what's happening (make sure to vote and comment hehe)

thanks for reading my fellow bad bitches, stay bad x
~brick

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 77 19
Abby was abused for years since she was 4 she has been between foster families and adoption centers after her parents couldn't get off of drugs long...
146K 4.6K 37
"is that it? you're just here for the money, for the press, for the attention?" - - - - - - completed: oct 17 '16 [© kaleidoscope-memes 2016] d...
42.6K 1K 37
Andi Wentz, sister to Pete Wentz, has been through a lot these past two years. She needs help getting over her dark past, and who better to help her...
61.8K 1.4K 32
16 year old Laney Roberts leaves home with nothing after her mom's recent death and her father not caring at all. With only her music and her dark th...