King of Sunset Drive {BWWM}

By HeteroLlama

There was no light within him. From the midnight curls to his charcoal eyes that stalked prey. He was the dar... More

Jacobe The Killer
Cut the Wings, keep the girl
The Kāne's and The Vladkov's
Arrangements
Angel
Little mouse
Rabid Wolf
Notice Me
The space betwen us
Fate
Priorities
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
Rise of a Leader
Confession
Baby, I'm dangerous
I wont do it
Turning Point
There's something wrong with Jacobe
To Make a Monster
Princess
The Barn
Vendetta
Vengence
Back Like I Never Left
Weaknesses
Dying star
Dawn of a New Day

Her name is Dawn

51.7K 1K 797
By HeteroLlama

Dawn—————-^

Hey y'all!! How y'all doin'!

I know I know its been a while howeverrrr I am back for another story!!
*studio audience laugh plays*

Yes yes thank you guys

And you know what? I noticed that there are soooo many stories where we make these female rival characters for example- the slutty dumb blonde and its like yeah those people exist but no one is really like that ya know?

I OBVI was a victim to making this trope but that ends today. The jeans are ironed. I think we do those things bc it makes our leads more desirable, its easy to hate a dumb blonde slut character. She's just a filler to make our heroine look better. I want to challenge myself to make more complex characters that aren't just the main roles

And then I thought of this story!

Sooo enjoy y'all, mamas back

I HAD big hopes about what an American school would be like. Or any kind of public school for that matter, in my entire 17 years of life I had never gone to a school once.

Ma' says still to this day that the school system is a rigged lottery to set kids who can't afford the good stuff up for failure, the woman is a solidified anarchist and she wasn't tight lipped about it either. Which often put papa and I in a lot of trouble- but we love her anyway

No I can never say that Ive had a formal education from a teacher in a classroom

But I know alot from my years of traveling the world on my parents back, gliding continent to continent. Picnicking in French Polynesia, to dancing in Brazils yearly carnival- I can definitely say I have experienced it all..except on the rare occasion when I had a television.

May it be at a friend of Ma' and Papa's or at Grand-mommies, the TV would show me the wonders of school life. Best friends, rushing to class, doing homework...it felt other worldly to see. And I had been to almost every country the earth had to offer, becoming fluent in all of the dialects I've encountered. Building relationships with the history but yet the world of public schooling was what I had longed for.

Most importantly, the little Cancer within me strived for that high school romance with the stereotypical golden boy of the school was a luxurious thought. I had to have a life like this.

"Your cheeks are going to burn right off your face Dawn" Ma' huffs shaking off her seat belt but I ignore her, I was too busy gazing upon the house I could only imagine on the TV. A large double story victorian manor with burgundy shutters.

"I can't stop smiling it's like a dream come true ma'!" I jump out of the car quickly pacing to the front of the home, I stumbled back as two movers bustled and muffles "scues me"  trying to lift furniture into the home.

"Sunset Drive.." the street sign says clearly. It's perfect, moving to this quaint beach town of Delaware Beach was the best idea Papa has ever decided. And hell yes I am biased.

I turned back to papa who was smiling as brightly as I was
Papa was literally a giant. A Hawaiian Native with a strong voice and a sense of awareness that scared me sometimes, Papa was your very own oversized teddy bear with a beard and eternal scar over his brow from a surfing accident years before I was even conceived. A peaceful lug that Ma' adored.

"You like it ka meli (honey)? I had to uh, tune into a couple of House Hunters episodes to get an idea of what might suit us all."

"Duh! I love it!" I squealed high and laughed as Papa pulled ma' into a side hug but her face stayed bitter with arms crossed. I only roll my eyes at her attitude, of all the places shes been she isn't close to ready to slow down at all and its testing my patience.

"I just dont understand why we have to actually buy a home Haku" She pouts

"Dawn needs a formal education Rainbow, she needs to learn different things." Papa counters and I nod accordingly sticking out my tongue at Ma' who sucks her teeth

"She knows seven languages and can recite the alphabet backwards what she could get from the real schooling of life she doesn't need in a filthy classroom."

"I want to be in a filthy classroom Ma'!" I yell suddenly grabbing both their attentions

"I want a desk, I want to bump into kids in the hallways, I want to make friends." I stress out. Ma' opens her mouth to retaliate but I shake my head

"I don't have any friends, there were people I've met in our chosen countries but we've never stayed anywhere long enough for me to make actual friends..I want to be like the kids on television."

"I knew we should have talked your mother out of buying a television Haku." Ma' sighs, rubbing her jeweled hand on her forehead making me roll my eyes again. But she rakes her hands down her dreads that touched her bum.

Ma' was a beautiful west Indian queen that believed in everything holistic as she came from a long line of spiritual women, she was a radical but..it was for the greater good. Even though she was annoying, 8/10 times she's harmless. Ma' wore her long hair in honey blonde goddess locs that carried her princess jewelry accordingly. High cheek bones and bright oak eyes that she passed down to me generously.

"All right all right come here child." I pout but does as she says, walking into her arms and huffing out my anger.

How could she ever understand, Ma' had left school for more lively pursuits. She wouldn't understand.

"Of course you know I don't understand bumpkin, school is a bore and not enough for someone like me."

"A wild child?"

"Hey, that's a compliment" we laugh together and Pa' goes to help the men move the rest of our items.

"But! If i were to stop you from doing what you wanted I would like so totally be a major hypocrite. And I can't have slander on my name."

I hugged her tighter

"Thank you Ma', I'll study and bring home good grades and-"

"Ah ah ah, irrelevant. Your father and I already know you'll bring home top notch grades. What I really am curious about are they friends you make and the boys you'll love." The little minx smirks. I cant help my blush, wondering if I could find a love like Ma' and Papas.

*********

"Just let me walk her to the office!" Were Ma's last words before being shoved into Papa's jeep and being driven back home. Papa works from home for a financing firm and while his skills were outstanding, he preferred to work from home.

I wave good bye to the departing car before breathing deeply and turning my heel to my new school

God I can't even believe I have the chance to say this I'm freaking pumped!

But it's not 5 seconds before I walk onto campus grounds before I am the object of speculation, I clutch my books to my chest closer. I guess it just comes along with being new? I smiled at a few curious faces and but received not smiles, only still having their eyes never leave my face. Wellll that's embarrassing.

Creepy. Straight up.

After getting lost twice and finally finding the main office, gathering my information I am met with a new challenge

"How the hell..how do you open this damn thing." The combination lock on my locker was some kind of wicked sorcery, I look both ways before kicking at the lock frustratedly failing to correctly put in my combination for the 4th time

"Need some help Angel?"

Im shadowed over by the buff boy with dazzling blue eyes, my mouth immediately drops as I lose my words to the gorgeous figure in front of me. His dimples are deep and his ash blonde hair is neatly kept, his rivers never leaving my hazels.

"Y..yes but..I think you're mistaken- Angel isn't my name." I chuckle nervously quickly moving my hair from my face

Ive seen a lot of handsome guys in my life but they were all older and friends of my parents, there was clearly a different sort of breeding going on in the states because the boy was too hot to be in high school. Pretty boys make me nervous.

His smile only widened as I corrected him

"Innocent is detected, how cute. Pass your info here" he holds his hands out and I hastily shuffle to give him my student info paper. The model of a boy looked at the paper for a few seconds before going to work on the lock and in that time I saw how he was able to twist the stupid do hickey and further popping open the metal

"Wah! Thank you!" I breathe a sigh of relief

"Anytime princess. Nice accent, where you from?" I smile putting my stuff inside
"Everywhere." I looks at me confused tilting his head to the side but I shake my head

"You know, you keep getting my name wrong."

"So correct me." He licks his pink lips then eyed me up and down making my fave turn every freaking shade of red. Could this be him? Im already experiencing my first American crush! And talking to him! And not babbling! (10+ points for not saying something idiotic)

"Oh um, my name is"

"DREW" Both I and the boy's heads turn to the piercing scream

The voice traced back to a girl with legs for days, a lovely cheer uniformed that looked graceful on her body with a face straight out of a 90's fashion magazine. The girl was extremely pretty with her auburn red hair and matte lipstick to match.

The girl doesn't exactly glare at me, but her brown eyes simply indicate that I'm not welcomed, I frown

She waved "Drew" over silently before resting her hand on her hip

The boys blue eyes dashed back to me apologetically

"Sorry Angel, gotta go but I'll see you in class hopefully." Drew winks and takes off to the old fashioned beauty

Ugh, were they going out? Was that the thing? I mean I saw it on television all the time, cute girl cheerleader and handsome jock are the hand in hand school couple or something like that

But could I call what Drew was doing flirting?? I mean if youre going out with someone who calls other girls Princess right!!???

I sigh making my way to class, disappointment engulfing me

****************

"This is Dawn Kāne, pick any seat you want honey." The history teacher smiles small but looking at the class room the only other available seats are in the back and I would hate to not be able to see. I know Ma' is more focused on me bringing home a lover buttt I want to try my best in class too

"Um, is there anywhere else in the front I could sit?" Immediately a few boys moved their book bags from taken up chairs
"She can sit rightttt here Mrs. M" one boy laughs patting his lap inducing the laughter and praise from the other idiots beside him who gave high fives before he ultimately winks at me. He was cute, but I wasn't interested in children

I roll my eyes which only entices the boys to cheer louder, ugh- I thought we were in high school and kindergarteners act better than this

Making the teacher sigh and mumble "testosterone."

"Alright dear to save you from harassment you can sit in this seat here." The teacher I come to know as Mrs. Milliner walks to the row of seats and pats down on a desk.

When she does that, the normal feeling of the room fades and becomes a dreary deafening silence.

"She can't sit there Milliner." One of the students says and Mrs. Milliner waves him off. What? Why? Was there something wrong with me?

"There are no assigned seats. When Mr. Vladkov returns.." she pauses to take a deep sigh but upon looking at my confused face, feigns a smile. "IF Mr. Vladkov returns, he can choose to sit in any other available seat. Ms. Kāne sits here now."

Why did it feel like I was walking to my death? Who is the person who sits here and where could they be?

Beside the strange seat sat a girl, who looked just as nervous when I began to sat down. Her kinky curls were pulled up in a high bun- she also had a cheer uniform on but she didn't look anywhere near venomous as the chick from earlier

"What's up, I'm Phoebe." She smiles wearily

"Hey..what is the deal with this seat?" She looks behind her but sees that it's okay to talk once Mrs. Milliner turns to the board starting her lesson

Phoebe leans over to whisper

"You're new so you dont know but..youre sitting in Jacobe Vladkovs seat." I chuckled like she was joking but her seriousness never left her eyes

"I thought there were no assigned seats? Couldn't he sit anywhere I mean, he's not even here today." I didn't get it. What was so special about this Jacobe boy, everyone seemed to know him and yet it didn't seem like he was popular in the slightest

"Yeah not by choice." What the hell does that mean??

"Ms. Charmicheal..." The teacher silences us two and Phoebe scoffs, but I knew she wasn't done telling me who this person was

She scribbles loosely on a scrapped piece of paper and shoving it in my hands, I look at her again for confirmation. She nods

My throats dries up as my words disappear

He's a murderer who killed my boyfriend and many others. The fucker is locked up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 6.6K 76
He understood me like no other. He knew me inside out. I could never hide anything from him. Well.....apart from the strange sudden flutter my heart...
55.3K 2.3K 37
Despite the title, this isn't a story about a treehouse. This is a story about love. This is about two people who allowed change and fear to ruin so...
119K 3.3K 24
"Hey baby" He coos, coming towards me. "I'm not your baby" "Hmm we'll see" In which a boy boxer and a girl boxer from different worlds trying to p...
313K 14.7K 72
[Completed] "In a twisted way, I guess I'm glad I fucked up so many times in my life. They always said I'd get my Karma and that led me to you, baby...