boo | e.d

By eyybupp

in which ethan and bailey suffer while being apart. Sequel to Moved in - e.d More

intro
prolouge
1
2
3
4
CHARACTERS ANSWERS
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
get to know me
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
q & a | answers
25
26
27
28

20

17.7K 768 1.4K
By eyybupp

20 | April

song: hawaiin party by cub sport
(duh)

Ethans POV
[Monday Afternoon]

"you're kidding!" loud laughs fall past my lips as i clench onto my stomach.

"nope, im being totally serious." April facepalms as she rolls onto her back. We can't help but chuckle at our crazy conversation; laughs bouncing off the walls.

Before the both of us can speak, a knock on the door interrupts is.

"yo!" i call out; signalling for whoever it is to come in.

The door handle twists open to reveal Grayson with a bowl of fruit.

"what are you guys doing?" he chuckles.

"April was just telling me about-" before i can finish my sentence, Aprils hand covers my mouth; stopping me from speaking.

"shut the hell up." she giggles.

Grayson rolls his eyes jokingly before popping an cut apple into his mouth. "well if you want to join, me and Riley are watching a movie." Grayson offers.

I raise my brows up and down quickly as i take in his offer.

My back laid on the headboard as April lies on her back.

Before Grayson can turn back, he stops himself.

Spinning on his heels, he returns his attention back to me. "oh! Malia wanted to talk to you as well!"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "i forgot she told me to remind you to meet up with her." he groans at himself.

By now im not sure what to really do. "should i text her?" i ask with my hand fiddling aorund for my phone.

"no no no, i'll call her and just see if it was that important to talk to you." he says. I know deep down he probably thinks he is an idiot, but i figure not to say anything in case he is feeling bad.

Its not a big deal unless it was for Malia.

"don't worry bout it Gray, i can text her." i say, trying not to worry him.

He just seems all over the place lately.

Its starting to worry me as an older brother.

He begins to shake his head, running his free hand through his hair.

"no its-"

"Gray, its okay." I push my back off the headboard, finally grabbing my phone from my side table.

"Ethan its-" Grayson is cut off by dropping the bowl of fruit on the ground.

My body fully jolts up as i throw myself off the bed. Aprils eyes widen as her arms extend; keeping her up.

We all let out gasps as Graysons tired eyes squint shut.

"ugh." he lets out a groan, making me a little more worried.

I make my way over to him as he is already bent down; picking up the dropped fruit.

I hear his breathing become heavy as i bend down next to him.

Aprils footsteps are heard behind us as she sits beside; helping. Grayson sniffles a few times; sounding a little sick.

"i-im sorry." his soft voice says.

I feel sympathy for him but also guilt rushing through my bones.

He does not seem okay at all.

"hey is everything alright?-" Rileys voice calls out from down the hallway, soon being stopped with a light gasp. She rushes over, bending down.

"what happened?" her voice laced with worry.

All of our hands are picking up the cut fruit as I feel Grayson feeling bad beside me. His face all scrunched up in guilt, making a saddened feeling rush through me.

"Its algood Gray."

"no no, im sorry."

"you guys dont need to help-"

"its okay." i place my hand on his back, stopping everything i was once doing. His eyes shut as he takes a deep breath in.

"go lie down Gray, you don't seem okay." I say as softly with genuine concern obviously heard in my words.

He is about to deny; i can tell. His mouth opens like he is about to speak until his eyes meet mine, shutting immediately.

Without saying anything, he nods his head as I see Rileys worried eyes looking at us.

April picks up the remaining fruit and placing it in the bowl; cupping it with her hands.

"Go take him to lie down." i say towards Riley. She nods quickly, wrapping an arm around him as she helps him up.

They both stand up fully as Grayson sniffles once more.

He seems sick and upset. I'm not sure as to what he may be upset over, but i can just see it.

He seemed fine this morning.

Before he walks off, i begin to position myself up. April stands up with me, looking at me with worry in her eyes. My lids shut over my eyes, letting out a deep sigh.

"i'll go, you should make sure he is okay." April says softly with her warm smile. I appreciate her actions making me feel a little guilty.

"no April its fine-"

"no no no." she shakes her head; still smiling. "its fine really, i will see you tomorrow at school mkay." her brows raise as i chuckle.

"sure will diaper girl." i joke; trying to lighten the mood. Hiding the fact that i am deeply worried over about my younger brother.

"shut up and don't tell anyone that." she warns jokingly, poking my chest.

"i'll put this on the bench and make my way out, see ya bud." she pulls a funny face before walking down the hall. I smile at her sweet actions, turning back to my room.

I remember suddenly to text Malia; making sure whatever it is that she needs is important.

4:47pm
Me: yo mal, gray told me you needed to talk?

I place my phone down, not expecting her to text me right away until i am proven wrong.

Malia: yes indeed we do young specimin

Me: ... are you okay?

Malia: im peachy

Me: mal wtf

Malia: okay okay i was just in a good mood
Malia: but no this is serious

My mood changes a little as my smile kind of drops.

Me: serious?

Malia: yes

Me: do you need to speak in person or?

Malia: that'd be easier to be honest..

Me: wanna call or want me to come over?

Malia: you want to come over?

Me: well if its that serious...

Malia: Bailey is here

Me: it'd be nice to see her as well

Malia: no thats the thing
Malia: the talk is about Bailey

Me: oh no
Me: is she okay?
Me: what happened?
Me: she isn't hurt is she?
Me: wait whats going on?

Malia: omlll calm yo tits dolan
Malia: no i just need to talk to you about Bailey

Me: why? is she okay mal?

Malia: yes e! she is okay!
Malia: stahp

Me: you cant expect me to not freak out you want to talk about Bailey

Malia: mkay mkay
Malia: i'll just call

Me: okay

I click off the messaging app, seeing the screen pop off. My background is soon replaced with a picture of Malia and her contact; calling.

I side across; accepting the call.

"yo!" i say with the phone pressed up against my cheek.

"yo!" Malia replies back with a light laugh.

"whats so funny?" i chuckle.

"nothing nothing, anyways!" i hear footsteps from her side of the call; probably walking around the apartment.

"wait, if Bailey is home... aren't you afraid of her listening?" i say, furrowing my brows. My legs stand up, walking over to the door.

"well you see" she pauses. I place my hand on my door, pushing it shut.

"if you came over, Bailey would come out of her room to be polite." she explains.

"plus if i told her i wanted to talk in private, she would get sus."  I nod my head, knowing she couldn't see me in the first place.

"true true..." I say, standing with my arm leant up on the door.

"so if i call you, she wouldn't hear me because she stays in her room."

"and if she comes out to grab something, i can catch myself." she says making me 'ooo' on the other side of the phone. I push myself off the door, walking my way over to my bed.

"yeah.." she drags out. The noises in the background sound like she had just flicked on the tv.

"so?" i speak up.

"talk." i jump on my bed, feeling myself sink in.

"ahhh yes." she says making me laugh softly.

"this is about Bailey." she says again.

I chuckle a little, rolling my eyes as we have mentioned this like a million times. "no shit sherlock." i tease making her scoff jokingly.

"shut up!" she giggles.

"but," she pauses. "its also about April."

My brows furrow as i tilt my head. I re adjust my phone in my hand as i come closer.

"did something happen with them?!" i say, genuinely confused.

"she didn't mention anything between her and bailey when she was here!" i say, pacing a little.

There was a silence between both ends of the phone, making a shiver run down my spine; not so sure on what's happening.

"do you like April Ethan?" Malia says in all seriousness making my eyeballs pop out.

Uhm, what?

"what do you mean?" I say shakily; confused as fuck.

"come on E." she groans.

"Malia, are you being serious?" I sit up on my bed; sitting criss-cross.

The line is silent as i assume she is waiting for my reply.

"of course i do, as my friend!" i defend.

"yeah well, you better tell Bailey that." she says a little sassy; jokingly and harmlessly of course.

"what do you mean?" i say dumb as fuck.

"way to make a girl jealous ethan. hang out with another girl." she says with a 'duh' tone.

"are you serious?" i say defensively.

"im in fucking love with Bailey." I say with all honestly.

"show her." her voice ringing through my ears.

"have i not shown her enough?" i sigh, feeling this a little un fair on my side.

"woah woah woah! hold up! i'm not on sides here!" she says quickly in a worried tone.

Worried that i may think she doesn't think i've tried at all.

"ethan, you have showed her so damn much that i honestly dont get why you two aren't together!"

"no doubt i know about your guys little talk, but she hasn't come around to telling me yet."

My eyes widen, a little shocked. But they soon re adjust normally as i shrug my shoulders; sighing. Not really surprised that she would know.

"but i am so pissed at the fact you two aren't together."

"obviously this was her decision." she emphasises on the word 'obviously', knowing her best friend.

"yeah-" i sigh, soon being cut off.

"dont worry e, you dont need to tell me." she says in a rushed tone. Worried that i may feel objected to tell her.

"i just- i dont think this is fair on you." she pauses.

My mouth stays shut as i wait for her to speak. Everything she was saying was hitting me hard. Like, i really felt that.

"im just trying to help to get you guys together faster." i can't help but smile at her words.

"the sooner the better." she adds a shaky laugh at the end; trying to lighten the mood.

"but what are you meaning by all this?" i ask, trying to get this sorted.

"i know deep down Bailey is probably jealous." she pauses with a sigh. "theres no doubt."

"but Bailey hasn't admitted it."

My eyes flutter at her words, processing everything.

Jealous.

What a word. What a feeling. I should know well about that.

"and i think thats because she knows she cant." My eyebrows furrow a little at what she says.

"after what has happened she probably thinks she has no right to do so." By now my whole mouth is agape.

"im- just surprised." I let out a huff of air as my hand runs through my mop of hair. Everything we are talking about sure is 'serious'.

There's no doubt in that.

"but what if April begins to like you ethan?"

My eyes widen as my mouth opens to speak. But nothing comes out.

I take a breath in, preparing to speak once more. But again, nothing comes out.

Shit.

I didn't really think of that.

I know my feelings for April.

And i know my feelings for Bailey.

Fuck.

"mmm yeah." Malias voice teases through the phone.

"im not trying to make you over think things or feel bad at all e!" she rushes out assuringly.

"i just needed to tell you in case you didn't get it." She says, sounding a little unsure of her own words.

"fuck." i breath out.

Nothing else was coming out of my mouth.

I hear her laugh ring through my ear as she is probably shaking her head at me. "dont worry e."

"thats all i really wanted to talk about and say."

"but i will see you tomorrow, mkay bud?"

"yeah, thanks mal." I sigh.

"seriously, i would probably have been an oblivious piece of shit the whole time." i admit with a shaky laugh, scratching the back of my neck.

Her laugh lightens my mood just the slightest as she sighs.

"algood e."

"bye bye!"

"peace." i say before bringing my phone away from my ear.

As the call ends, i let out a long sigh; falling onto my back. Everything she said was hitting me.

My mind was flowing now that i have come to the realisation of my actions.

I guess i just never really thought about that.

I remember the time i felt as if Bailey was jealous over me and April. But that was before our talk.

Malia is talking in the moment. Right now.

A heavy groan escapes from the bottom of my throat as i fist my pillow. I'm honestly such a dumbass.

Trying to show someone how much i love her. Yet, she thinks i have a thing with another girl.

April knows about me and Bailey.

I had the talk with her. Spilt everything that had happened between me and Bailey.

Our story.

And she was honestly really nice about it. She wasn't one of those people that switched it around and made it all about her.

She made me laugh and tried to lighten up my mood after she told me how she believed in me.

She supported me whilst also being fair and understanding on Baileys side.

That's what i like about April.

But you see.

I like April.

As a close friend.

Nothing more. Because Bailey Piper is my everything.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

[8:00pm]

"eeteeweetee!" My mums voice calls out from down the hall. My tired body jolts up from the soft sheets; rubbing my eyes.

I must of fell asleep whilst over thinking..

"dinner!" her voice calls out once again.

My eyes widen at the thought of food, feeling that grumble.

I lick my dry lips before throwing my legs off the bed. My body picks itself up as i let out a yawn.

It wasn't even that long, was it?

My hand reaches down on the pillow to grab my phone. Once i have it in hand, my finger taps on the home button.

I am met with the time.

8:04pm

What the fuck?!

I swear the time Malia called it was just 5:00...

I let out an annoyed groan as i realise what a lazy ass i am. My hand drops the phone back onto the soft bed of mine, soon walking over to my dresser.

On top laid a purple jersey that i chucked on top this morning.

I shrug my shoulders before slipping it back on, now making my way down the hall towards the kitchen.

As i enter, i see a tired looking Grayson sitting beside an equally tired looking Riley.

I was not too shocked to see her, but i'll admit that my body slightly jumped at her presence.

"hey riles." my raspy voice speaks, catching their attention.

She sends me a smile as i walk closer to the table.

"still here?" i say, sitting on the other side of the table; in front of Grayson.

She nods her head; humming.

"i was supposed to only stay for one movie but i decided to stay with him after what happened." She explains as i nod; understanding every word.

I hear the clanging of cutlery and plates making my head snap towards mum and dad.

Dad grabs the forks and knives while mum puts the pot off the stove.

I feel a little guilt rush through me, making me stand up with no second thought.

"I'll help." i smile, rolling up my jersey sleeves.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"yo Gray!" I call out to my brother, making him turn on his heels to face me.

Once i see his pale-ish looking face, i feel a deeper worry for him.

"are you okay bro?" i ask with concern easily heard in my voice.

His hand scratches the back of his neck as he looks back at his room door.

Riley already went inside, saying she would wait for him.

"not really." he admits with a quiet voice.

My eyebrows drop as i stare at him.

"wanna... talk?" i offer with a shy voice.

His lips curve up lightly as he fiddled with his fingers.

"i've just been feeling a little unwell... sick?" he says in a questioning tone.

My eyes widen at the thought that he may be.. really sick.

I fucking swear if my brother has anything-

"it's not bad i swear! just a cold ya know?" he says assuringly, shaking his hands around.

"i've just been a little upset as well, making it a little hard to have the motivation to do anything.." he says shyly.

"upset?" i question.

His eyes look down; shy. I see Grayson's lips purse together before he begins to speak.

"i'm worried about you e." he breathes out.

"both you and bailey." he says honestly.

"i love you both! and the fact that you two are so dumb sometimes, hurts my brain." he lets out a shaky laugh making me chuckle.

"i just want everything to go back to normal." he sighs looking down.

Me too.

"i hate how hurt you are." he says making my eyes look back up to him.

My brother is too good for this world sometimes. I swear.

He can be a dick but- let's not talk about that.

"it's been going on for so long and i hated seeing how much pain you were in." His eyes dig into mine with the clear look of sadness.

"i love you ethan." he admits making me smile a little.

"as cringe and cheesy as it sounds." he rolls his eyes jokingly making me awe.

"awhhh ruined the brotherly moment Gray." i joke making him scoff.

"i'm just saying!"

"now that you've come back to school!"

"our best friends are back!"

"you're talking to bailey!..." he slows down from his excitement as his shoulders drop.

"what's the bad thing?..." i tilt my head, knowing something is worrying him.

"it's just..." he purses his lips together.

"i want you two to get back together."

Same. Relatable.

"i know it's not my right to say anything."

"but like... i love April and all." he pauses as i begin to smile; already knowing what he is going to say.

"she's great!"

"but you really are a dumbass if you can't tell Bailey is going to jealous over the fact-"

"oh my goshhhh!" i drag our, laughing hard.

"what?" his eyebrows knit together as he stares at me in confusion.

"it's just funny because that's what malia wanted to talk about." I stifle a laugh.

"ohhhh!" he throws his head back, laughing a little.

"well."

"stop being dumb." his goofy mood changes to intimidating and serious in a second.

"go hang out with bailey again and use your charm or some shit." his voice sounding a little groggy; sick.

"well-"

"no wells or buts, just do it."

"also," he pauses, turning back to look at me as he stands in front of his door.

"i like April and all, so if she has feelings for you because 'apparently that's what happens'" he jokes with a silly voice.

"then you have to make sure that no one gets hurt." he speaks sternly; looking right into my eyes.

Then, he steps into his room. Leaving me to stand in the middle of the hall; thinking.

YO! i'm backkk, hope you liked this chapter! sorry if there are any mistakes, love you all!

500 votes + 500 comments for next chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 15.7K 22
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
1.1M 36.6K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
623K 31.6K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
72.6K 2.9K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...