Hunting Silver

By PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 05

24.2K 977 93
By PreyDelaCruz

[Silver on the right! (--->)

Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER FIVE

Hunter tensed up, even his breathing got slightly heavy. He had that frightening scowl on his face when I looked at him. I rubbed his arm, the one around my waist, and he, thank God, calmed down.

“And? What did they want, Jack?” Hunter asked.

“They said they are in search of someone and they are giving their best apologies to us. They wanted to say it directly to you but I told them it’s fine.” Oh, so Jack there had a good heart, too. Not bad.

Hunter nodded. “Did they tell you who were they searching for? We could help them.” Aww… my Hunter was so kind! I didn’t get why he tensed up earlier, though.

“No, Alpha, they don’t know the name. All they have was his scent. They said it’s their Alpha’s younger brother who has gone missing three days ago.”

This time, I was the one who tensed up. But, it’s not like it’s me, right? I mean, yeah, I was a male and I had been here for three days now, according to them. And yeah, I had an older brother, but he's not a werewolf!

Hunter didn’t seem to notice that and just continued talking to Jack, which I missed since I was again zoning out.

I noticed that Stefan was looking at me like he wanted to tell me something. People were now having conversations of their own about random things. I looked at Hunter and saw him staring at me, smiling.

“What?” I asked.

He shook his head. “You're so cute when you're thinking.”

I huffed. “Cute? I'm not a girl!” He just laughed at me.

“But, Silver!” said Caleb. He's now walking towards us, together with Aiden and Stefan. “Technically, you're our female Alpha now. Our LUNA.”

“No! I'm not a female! Ugh! Just because I am gay doesn’t mean—WHATEVER!” I crossed my arms and pouted.

“Aww… our LUNA is now pissed! Hunter, do something! We don’t want our LUNA crying HER eyes out!” Aiden added.

I ignored them when they all laughed. And by all, that included Hunter. Some mate he was.

“Wait, guys, so you're okay with me having a male mate, let alone being gay?” Hunter asked. “I don’t care what other people say, even our pack members. If they cannot accept me, us, being gay, then they could just fuck off and leave my pack,” he said the last part loudly. And, even though they didn’t show it, the rest of the pack listened and chose what’s best for them. “But, you three, your opinion matters to me. You are my best friends.”

Aiden and Stefan shared a knowing look. I kind of knew what that was about. I just hoped they tell it to us soon.

Caleb snorted. “Dude, we don’t give two shits about sexuality as long as you're happy.” Hunter and I sighed in relief that made him grin. “The Spirits chose Silver as your mate for a reason. We just have to find out what that is.”

I scanned the living room again and growled when I saw how those girls were looking at my Hunter. My eyes widened and I gasped when I felt something poking my behind.

I looked at Hunter. “Really now?”

He looked guilty. “Well, don’t suddenly give off such sexy noises!”

“EHEM! We’re still here!” Stefan snapped in front of us. Aiden rolled his eyes. Caleb was looking away.

Right.

I mumbled a ‘sorry’ while Hunter said, “By the way, babe, Caleb here is my Beta. He's second-in-command in our pack.”

I kicked Caleb’s shin and grinned.

He hopped in one foot, glaring at me, causing the other two to laugh. “What was that for?! And don’t just grin like you didn’t do anything wrong!”

I looked at him with my ‘innocent’ face, tilting my head to the side. “Did I do anything wrong? Are you hurt, Caleb? Why are you holding your shin like someone kicked it? Who kicked it? Do you want me to punish him?” I didn’t give him the chance to say anything and looked up at Hunter, now wearing my puppy-dog mask. That made the other two laugh more and I heard Caleb murmur something like, ‘Unbelievable…’ “Babe, can I go play with Stefan?” That made Stefan stop laughing. I looked at him sideways and winked, causing Aiden to frown.

“Play? What would you two be playing?” Hunter asked.

I shrugged. “I don't know. Anything. Please? Please say yes? Please, please, please, please, puh-leaaasse?”

He looked at me still warily. “Oh… kay...?”

I shrieked and jumped off his lap after giving him a peck on the lips. Aiden and Caleb whistled, even hearing Caleb say something like ‘Man, you're whipped.’ I mentally chuckled and grabbed Stefan’s wrist. He didn’t protest and we ran outside the house.

*Hunter’s POV*

We all watched as my beautiful mate, who was ironically named as Silver Bullet, happily went out of the pack house with Stefan. They slung an arm over each other’s shoulders, their free arm randomly flailing in the air, while skipping as they made their way towards only them knew where. I would’ve been utterly jealous of how he was being touchy-feely to another guy – though to him it was probably friendly-like – but I wasn’t because I knew that Stefan was Aiden’s mate. You think I wouldn’t know? What kind of an Alpha would I be if I couldn't even be that observant of my pack?

“Silver! Don’t hurt yourself!” I shouted before he was gone out of human earshot. But as soon as those words went out of my mouth, he tripped over a rock; a rock that wasn’t even larger than the size of his own fist.

Stefan got a hold of himself and tried to prevent my baby from completely planting his face flat on the ground, but Silver being as clumsy as he was, still fell. He even dragged Stefan with him, causing both of them to sprawl on the ground. They looked like starfishes.

The crowd around me started laughing, causing me to growl and them to immediately stop. Who gave them the right to laugh at my mate? Aiden sent me a grateful look, since that also saved his mate in a way, while Caleb was still holding back his laughter, in which he was obviously failing. I just let him though since he was usually that… mental.

Silver was the first one to stand up and dusted himself off. Stefan did the same and then they both glared at us, specifically to me and Aiden. I kinda found that highly amusing; seeing my mate’s face scrunched up like that.

I knew that Aiden and Stefan were already talking in their minds. I couldn't hear it, even as their Alpha, since they were using their mind links as mates. And now that I brought it up, I tried again to the same with Silver. But like my first few attempts, I can't reach him. That was only one of the things I couldn't do with him as his mate, which was utterly strange.

My mate was still shooting me daggers as he steadied himself beside Stefan. Good thing they didn’t get any wounds or even scratches. He was now dusting off the back of his pants and didn’t realize that my shirt that he was wearing was slightly slipping off, exposing one of his shoulders. I was instantly turned on just seeing a fragment of supposed to be hidden part of his body. My pack looked at me, must be sensing my sudden pheromone outburst. Stefan got the message and tugged Silver’s shirt to hide what should be hidden.

‘Thanks,’ I simply said to Stefan through my mind.

‘No problem, Alpha,’ he replied. ‘My apologies for being unable to keep him from falling to the ground, though.’

‘Don’t worry, it’s not your fault. Now turn back your attention to my mate, he's looking at you weirdly.’ I chuckled at that and the two shot me questioning looks. I just waved them off and continued watching my mate as he ‘played’ with Stefan. Caleb leant on the arm rest by my right side, while Aiden leant behind me, resting his elbow on the couch’s shoulder rest and his chin to his palm. They watched the two outside as well. We can hear their conversation loud and clear.

Silver gasped. “There’s a squirrel! Oh my god! I saw a squirrel!” He squealed, pointing up the nearest tree from them. He was by now bouncing in excitement. I chuckled. That’s my Silver; never failing to give me entertainment.

Stefan looked up as well and then back at him. “So?”

“So? SO?!” He placed his hands on Stefan’s shoulder and shook him quite violently. “Don’t you want to see it up close? Don’t you want to pet it?! Hug it and pinch its cheeks?! Dance it around and put it in your pocket and feed it cookies?! Well I do!” He let go of Stefan, who was now looking at him like he just had grown four more heads if I must say, and glanced up at the little animal again.

The poor thing obviously didn’t know what was coming on to him by staring back at Silver that way.

“Dude, you're mate is weird,” my Beta muttered.

“I know,” I said.

“I thought that Stefan was the most childish seventeen year-old in the world. Apparently, I was wrong,” Aiden added.

I just shook my head to them, not taking my eyes off my other half. He was now using his very powerful pouting face to Stefan who wasn’t near declining his request to climb up the tree and catch the squirrel. Aiden’s mate sighed and swiftly climbed up the tree in one jump. Silver gawked at him and seemed to pout more. He was just too adorable for his own good, and knowing that he's all mine made me feel complete; not wanting anything else, no matter how luxurious the offer would be.

Silver tried climbing the tree in a normal way, but he couldn’t do it even if he tried forever. And he was aware of that. Admitting defeat, he sat down. Leaning his back against the tree, he brought his knees close to his chest. He hugged his legs and buried his face in between. He started picking up grasses in his other arm’s reach. I could imagine him still pouting.

Stefan laughed at him and coughed when Silver threw the pieces of grass to him, directly going in his mouth. Silver kicked the tree, rather softly, and sighed. As much as I wanted to just lift him so he could do what he wanted, I was quite enjoying the show.

Soon enough, Stefan just reached out a hand to him and helped him up. Once Silver was sure enough he wasn’t going to fall, he carried on to his plan in capturing the squirrel, which wasn’t even trying to run for its life.

The moment my mate took a grasp of the little animal, he jumped of the tree, not noticing how he did that so easily. He played with the squirrel too much to his enjoyment and Stefan just watched him. We were all doing the same.

“Hunter, I might be wrong with this, but I think Silver is also a dominant one. Why is that? And to think that he's human, and looks and acts like a ten year-old,” Aiden said, breaking the silence. By now, it’s just the three of us left in the room, the others doing their own businesses after I dismissed them.

“Honestly, I don't know. I asked him about it but he just told me that he doesn’t like being controlled and things along those lines,” I replied.

Not only that; the issue of him not being submissive even to me, he also seemed to be not scared of any of us. Although that was actually a good thing, it was still strange in every meaning of the word, while back then he was scared shitless from a sloppy stray bear.

And earlier when we were at the clearing, when he slapped me, I was completely shocked by how he did that and where he got the courage to do so. I was supposed to be angry at him, because that was obviously disrespectful, but I couldn’t. I knew that my pack back then at the clearing already shifted in their wolf forms and ready to pounce on him to my signal. But as I looked back at Silver, shocked would be an understatement of what I felt, when I saw that they were already attacking him from his back. They cannot attack him up front because I was there, not that I wanted them to. But that wasn’t the cause of what I felt, not also the thought that my pack took action without my order, but the fact that my pack couldn't get to him no matter how hard they tried.

While Silver was rambling to me, they kept on attacking but just got flown back away. It was like Silver had an invisible shield on his back that my fellow wolves were just bouncing back whenever they tried to get to him. He seemed oblivious to it. Yet again, why was the bear able to hurt him before?

And his wounds from three days ago, I did nothing about that except from cleaning it with my saliva. His wounds, as deep as you could imagine it would be, healed by itself in about a day that a human should not be able to. The reason why he slept in two more days was beyond my knowledge as well.

The two were thinking the same thing, their thoughts not fully hidden from me.

Aiden asked, “Maybe he's just out of the ordinary? And Alpha, why did you behave funnily when Jack mentioned the Blue Crescents’ wolves earlier? You usually kept your cool when it comes to that pack since you're in good terms with their Alpha.”

I shook my head. “It’s mainly because of Silver. You smelled it too when I first brought him here, right? He scent was muffled by the scent of the Blue Crescents’ wolves, mainly of their Alpha. That’s why it was so hard to find him.”

And now that I thought about it, all I knew about my mate was his name. How shameful.

They both nodded. Caleb said, “We thought you just encountered one or a few from their pack on your way here. Silver did smell funnily, even until now that the Blue Crescents’ Alpha’s scent has gone off.”

‘I think he's not completely human,’ Stefan stated through his mind, that was also passed to the two beside me, making the three of us focus on what he was talking about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 60 12
In the forest there are creatures no one has ever seen! Everyone thinks that those creatures are werewolves and everyone who went in the forest was n...
12.4K 1.2K 40
the forest is an odd place.. ♕ [ warning: this story may contain potentially 'triggering' things. you have been warned. ]
64.4K 2.6K 13
Dead silence. Murmurs of the trees seemed to sense the danger it brought as they quieted. Rustling of leaves eased, unforgiving wind calming down. Ag...
37.2K 1.8K 32
Dark things lie within. Things that your mom always warns you about. Things that people wouldn't want to talk about. But what if those only things br...