MANAN - Cloud with a Silver L...

By akriti_sharma

Winner of the Featured Fanfic Contest organised by Wattpad India (Official) Highest Rank - #30 on Fanfiction... More

About the writer
About the Story/Character Sketch
Prologue
1-Nostalgic Flute Melody
2-Conscience-stricken
3-Breaking the Shell
4-Remembering HER...!!
5-The Man's Stance
6-Surprise
7-Storm....Calm.....Another Storm...???
8-Resilience...Pain....Fear
9-Sorted Past Confused Present
10-They Care....Really...???
11-Precious taken For Granted
12-The STAR meets the SUN
13-Normal or Formal but a Start
14-Perfection : A reality or myth
15.1-Moments
15.2-Moments
16.1-Let's take a break...???
16.2-Let's take a break
16.3-Let's take a break
17-The Delima of revisiting
What's in the store - A sneakpeak
18. The first DENT
19.1 The Blows the broke IT
19.2 The blows that broke it
20. The Last Lethal Strikes
21. The After-Effects
22-Christmas Surprise
❤❤❤Look Beautiful...Look you❤❤❤
23 - Sealing Promises
24 - Security and Assurance - Key to Survival
Important Note
25 - A Day Out
26.1 - Growing Closer (A)
26.2 Growing Closer (B)
26.3 Growing Closer (C)
26.4 - Growing Closer (D)
Lets get some points clear..!!
(Filler-1) *****Abhi's POV*****
27.1 - A Mixed Bag
27.2 A Mixed Bag
Chapter 28.1 - Strings of Love
28.2 - Strings of Love
28.3 Strings of Love
28.4 Strings of Love
28.5 Strings of love
ATTENTION...!!!
29.2 Deja vu ??
29.3 Déjà vu
30.1 - Silver linings of the Future

29.1 Deja vu ??

2.8K 283 40
By akriti_sharma

"Nandu till when are you both planning to continue this fight of yours", Abhi asked Nandini from the other side of the call

Nandini who was already frustrated with the happenings got angry with Abhi's remarks

Nandini- I don't know Abhi..why don't you ask Manik..listen if you've called me to eat my head on this, then I am disconnecting the call right away

Mukti interrupted the siblings in the middle of the conversation

Mukti - Nandu if you wish you can share with us..May be we could help you..!!

Nandini - No Mukti...I really don't want to drag you all into our mess..we'll figure it out

Mukti - ok but Manik's birthday is coming soon, I hope you guys sort it out by then

Nandini - Hmm..I need to rush bye guys..!!

Nandini disconnected the call as her heart started thumping louder as soon as Mukti reminded her of Manik's birthday.

Two months..two months had passed since Mukti and Abhi's high profile wedding. Everyone resumed their regular routine but yes things had changed a bit not just for Mukti and Abhi but for everyone else too owing to the circumstances they were in, for instance, Alya was six months pregnant now while Navya's operation was scheduled next month since her body was still not ready to sustain the consequences of the operation.

As for Manik and Nandini they were back to living in different cities due to their work commitments but Nandini was no longer a nobody. Her first single was a hit and people easily recognised her. Post her hit single, she started receiving a few offers for singing in movies, she took some and declined rest citing her other work commitments as a reason. She was now popular on Instagram and other social networking sites, not just as a singer but also as Rockstar Manik Malhotra's girlfriend, yes their relationship rumours were making rounds in the gossip columns during the wedding and they made it official by attending Mukbhi's reception together as a couple and posing for paparazzi followed by an Instagram post re-confirming the same. 'Manan', the nick name given to them by Cabir was now used by everyone who talked about them. They were touted as the power couple by media, the fans loved them like crazy and owing to the frenzy amongst the fans, several brands approached them for endorsing their product and subsequently encashing their popularity but Manik and Nandini declined as even though they had made it official, they still wanted their private lives to remain in wraps as much as possible.

However, all the popularity and praise coming in unnerved Nandini for it all seemed like a déjà vu for her, as the things happening now in their lives were strikingly similar to what happened seven years ago.

Years ago, she got introduced to fame just a few months after they got into a relationship and this time too just a couple of months into the relationship and she was popular yet again.

Not just this fact, even the events unfolded in a distinctive similar fashion, for example, one day while they were having dinner in a restaurant a fan approached them for a selfie; after taking selfie with the couple, she asked for individual selfies with them. Selfie with Manik was an easy affair since the lights and positioning was just perfect but with Nandini, the light in the background distorted the selfie. They tried it twice but failed and it was then Manik suggested to click a normal picture with a different angle. The fan handed over her phone to him and posed. While Nandini smiled in the pose, her mind drifted back to that morning in the park where the sponsor asked him to click a picture of him and his wife with Nandini and just the thought caused shivers in her body. She was scared yet again and in her fear she overlooked the fact that unlike last time, this time it was Manik who himself came up with the idea. To top it up, the ride back home too was silent, even though it wasn't anything unusual yet the silence for once was dreadful.

Slowly and steadily the events started taking a toll on their beautiful relationship

Meanwhile on the other hand, Manik too was dejected with Nandini's growing apprehensions and aloofness. He felt she was growing the shell around her once again and he felt helpless not knowing the reason for the same. They fought a lot, on normal days he wouldn't mind but these days they used to fight on different issue without solving the previous one resulting in a lot of unsolved issues on the platter, the latest being Nandini's refusal to apply in Harvard's for MBA. Nandini had cleared the GMAT with flying colours, everyone  in the family was so proud of her and the happiest was Manik but the happiness was short lived for Nandini refused to apply in any college outside India as she thought long distance between her and Manik won't work. Maybe it wasn't a big deal for others but it was a greater deal for Manik because he was very well aware of Nandini's aspirations to study at Harvards. In fact back in the days of Orkut, she actually made a page called - "Harvard - My dream college" and today when she has the opportunity right in front of her, she refused to even try. He knew the relationship with Nandini will not be that easy for the second time around since both of them came with their own respective baggages but his patience was running out and the last straw that broke camels back happened when he tried convincing her for Harvard's by assuring that he was with her and they would pass it all together and she just replied, "you said the same thing last time Manik". That was it. That one sentence was enough for Manik to realise the possible lack of trust and faith Nandini had in him.

Their fights increased and so did their disagreements on everything but what they failed to realise that amidst all chaos the only Déjà Vu was the "lack of communication"...Manik didn't communicate years ago and now Nandini was refusing to that rather they were busy doubting. They conveniently ignored the fact that all relationships have ups and downs, but a healthy communication can make it easier to deal with conflict, and build a stronger and healthier partnership.
———————

About a week later of their last fight Manik got a call from Aryaman

Manik - yes Arya..tell me..!!
Aryaman - Manik can you fly down to Gurgaon right away..you are kind of required here
Manik - What's wrong is Nandini okay..??
Aryaman - No
Manik - I am coming

Manik informed the gang about his departure to Gurgaon. Everyone allowed him to go without too much of probing since they were aware of the troubles in Manan's relationship. Aryaman picked him up from the airport and filled him in with the details. Apparently Nandini had an argument with a fellow employee and it got pretty heated. Suddenly due to anger her blood pressure shot up and her nose started bleeding. They got her home but she complained of severe stomach ache and had been crying since then. Manik checked the dates and realised it was her menstrual cycle time. On reaching Nandini's house, Myra welcomed them and informed that Nandini had just slept due to the effect of medication. Aryaman and Myra bid Manik goodbye asking him to take care of her and calling them whenever required. Manik first called Amms and informed her about the situation followed by the gang. He assured everyone that he is around and will let them know in case they are required. He also informed his PA about his absence from office for a couple of days. It was already Wednesday evening and weekends were already off. Post completing all his chores, he cooked Upma for Nandini for he knew she preferred eating light during periods. Taking the Upma to her room, he sat next to her keeping the plate on the side table

Manik (softly spoke) - Nandu get up bacha

Nandini (without opening her eyes spoke) - Manik let me sleep

A couple of seconds later, realisation hit her hard and she opened her eyes wide open

Nandini - Manik you are actually here

Manik - yes Madam...I am here..and where else do you think would I be when my girl is so unwell..kya bacha..aise koi karta hain kya..itna gussa..!!

Nandini - She poked me..I told her to calm down but she was talking unnecessary shit and beyond a point I couldn't take it..!!

Manik - But then in the whole process you troubled your own self na..ek toh you are already bleeding and on the top of that you took so much of stress that your nose started to bleed..and now your stomach too is aching more than the usual isn't it..(Nandini nodded)..so that's not right na..!!

Nandini stayed silent for a few minutes and Manik spoke again

Manik - Acha come here..I have prepared this Upma for you..eat it and then take your meds too..also make sure you talk to Amms before sleeping okay..!!

Nandini - Manik can you feed me please..!!

Manik nodded. He stretched his legs and kept the plate on the lap. Nandini sat next to him with her head on his chest while he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

It was them, the new them, the matured them, the one's who knew that their arguments are not bigger than their love and care for each other, the one who would keep their egos aside in a split second at the hour of need

Soon the Upma was finished with Nandini feeding him too alternately. She then spoke with Amms and assured her that she was was fine. Manik got the hot water bottle and lied down next to her. She turned towards him placing her head on his chest and the hot water bottle was practically sandwiched between her stomach and his left side.

Nandini - I had a bad dream about a month ago

Manik - Acha about what..??

Nandini - Us breaking up

Manik - you know that won't happen..you don't trust me..hmm..!!

Nandini - I do Manik...but all that is happening now is so similar to what happened before that I am scared..!!

Manik - similar..really Nandini what makes you think that it is all similar

Nandini - like I just got popular again a few months after we got into a relationship

Manik - that's because I am lucky for you sweetheart just like you are, my shining star

Nandini - Manik remember that dinner we had where you clicked my pictures with the fans, it reminded me of the morning at the park..it scares me Manik

Manik - but bacha at that time i wasn't willing to click pictures, however, this time I was the one who initiated it..did this thought ever crossed your mind..!!

Nandini - it did Manik for a few seconds it did but

Manik - But you allowed your insecurities to take over and here I kept thinking that you don't trust me enough

Nandini - how can you think that Manik..my trust in you is not that fragile Mani..I have always trusted you and will continue to do so..!!

Manik - then why are you saying no to Harvard..??

Nandini - Because I don't trust my destiny Manik, jab bhi kuch Acha hona hota hain na, woh Sab kharab kar deti hai...and in my case good things and bad things all happen so fast, like till last year no one knew me and today I am famous, years ago we were going just perfect with our lives and then in just a few months everything fell apart...Jitni jaldi khushiyan milti hain utni hi jaldi chin bhi jaati hain Manik..then that nightmare of us breaking up, it scared the hell out of me..!! Life mein na jyada changes nahi chahiye mere ko..Sab bigad jayega Mani..!! Life has always been hard with me

Manik - Compared to what Nandu...!! I agree to everything you said but baby life is all about taking that risk...you know like they say take a leap of faith and grow your wings as you fall..You cannot change the past but you can stop letting your past affect your present or future..and if it helps i would say that again..I am not going anywhere Nandu and now sleep you are anyways not well

Nandini - I love you Manik..I can't loose you

Manik - I love you too Nandini always and forever

—————————

Three days later, Nandini was feeling better, her periods were over and the BP was also normal. Manik was sitting in the balcony enjoying the rain when she came and sat next to him

Nandini - I am fine now Manik

Manik - I know

Nandini - so you can say whatever you want to..let it out

Manik - you sure your nose won't bleed or you won't fall sick again

Nandini - I am not that weak Manik

Manik - ya right..you are not weak just insecure and scared..aren't you..!! Till when Nandini.. till when shall we carry the ashes of our burnt pasts till when..!!

Nandini- Manik I am trying but

Manik - trying..how Nandini by keeping it all within yourself..you didn't thought it to be important to tell me about your nightmare that scared you to the core..do you have the slightest idea of what I have been through all this while...I have gone crazy Nandini trying to figure out the reason of a your sudden aloofness but here you knew it it but didn't share..

Nandini - Manik I didn't wish to trouble you..!!

Manik - Ya right..as if I am not troubled now..how can i help you in over coming your fears Nandini.. I'll get engaged to you if you want or maybe sign a agreement where I am bound to be with you legally if that gives you a security

Nandini - No Manik you know that's not what i want

Manik - Exactly that is why I am not forcing you into anything for I know neither of us are ready for it...Nandini you think I don't have any fears, of course I do every now and then I fear of hurting you, listen we are not perfect Nandini, neither of us, we have our own set of fears but then it is our battle to fight and neither of us can fight it alone...you are worried right what if all that had happened years ago would repeat but have you ever thought why we fell apart years ago because it was only you who was fighting for OUR battle while I had already given up...but seems like this time the roles have reversed, I am fighting the battle and you seem to have given up..I can fight OUR battles alone Nandini..I need you with me to fight and win else we would loose it all yet again

Saying this Manik went inside while Nandini spoke

Nandini - I won't let the mistakes repeat Manik...the feeling of déjà vu shall no longer scare me..I will fight Manik..With you For us..!!

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————end of part 29.1

Updated after a long time

That's it from me for today

Stay blessed..Cheers

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.9K 34
He was a fuckboy .. But she was a sweet, shy and kind-hearted girl .... She knew he was a fuckboy but she fell for him . ( He was a red flag but she...
140K 566 36
PLEASE NO HATE! U READ THE TITLE IF U DONT WANNA READ DONT READ!
863K 40.2K 172
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
188K 4.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...