Outlaw Angel

By MissyDoe2017

Korey Foster is handed the opportunity of a lifetime. Singing on for tour manager to what is touted to be the... More

You Can't Tell Me No Big Brother
Howdy Boys
Most Frustrating Man Ever
I Dare You: Part I
I Dare You: Part II
Irritating Woman
What You Blushing For Princess?
Mind Blown
I Deserved That
Where I Go When I Drink
In the Morning Light
Damn Cavemen!
Nashville: Part I
Nashville: Part II
Explain Woman....Explain
Take A Walk on the Red Carpet
Anybody Gonna Break It Up
Adventures in Shopping
Talk You Out of It
Who Is It Gonna Be?
Summons
Meeting the Princess
What Contentment Looks Like
You'd Have to be Out of Your Mind
Creepin: Part I
Creepin: Part II
A Grave Mistake: Part I
A Grave Mistake: Part II
Aftermath
A New Normal
Georgia
Is It Over?
My Way of Thinkin: Part I
My Way of Thinkin: Part II
Facing Things
Brantley Keith! You Did What?
Well Princess?: Part I
Well Princess?: Part II
Get to Planning Woman.....
Princess on a Rampage
Almost I Do
I Do
Behaving...Is That An Option?
Stubborn Ass Woman: Part I

Stubborn Ass Woman: Part II

6K 139 131
By MissyDoe2017

Korey's POV

I sat on the edge of the bed in the Emergency Room glaring at my two wardens that had been sent with me. I had whirled around with the intent of giving my husband a piece of my mind. I must have spun around too fast because next thing I knew Brantley was tapping my cheek. He had been sitting on the floor with me across his lap. Relief spread across his face when I blinked my eyes sitting up.

I had let out a squeak of surprise when he hugged me tight. After second I had relaxed against him letting him hold me knowing I had scared him even though I hadn't meant to. Once his had gotten his emotions under control, I had been read the riot act that I was going to get checked out right then and there. Much to Brantley's dismay between soundcheck and VIP he wasn't able to come with me. Hence the two scowling faces across from me.

"I am fine," I grumbled crossing my arms stubbornly. My sister in law let out a snort rolling her eyes as she scrolled through her phone. PJ just glared at me from where he was propped against the wall. I threw my hands up in the air in frustration. "I am y'all! I have a million...."

"Boss Lady," PJ snapped making my eyes widen. "You are going to sit your happy ass right there and let them check you out. For all of our peace of mind. Did you even eat today?"

"Yes," I snapped knowing I was lying my ass off.

"Bullshit," PJ argued with me as I hung my head.

"You almost gave your husband a heart attack Mia," Ashli snarled at me. "After everything that happened to you last year, don't be a fucking stubborn ass Foster over this!"

"You're right," I muttered as the shy nurse came back in to check my vitals. They'd already drawn what felt like half of my blood. Thank the lord they hadn't been busy, so I'd been shown to a room quickly after Ashli informed them I had passed out. I held my arm out pursing my lips. I bared my teeth at PJ just because I was feeling bitchy as he growled back at me. Ashli snapped her fingers at me in total mom mode right now. We had left Fox with the boys. Lord help my nephew.

"The husband," the little blonde nurse said quietly with a smile. I snickered rolling my eyes hooking a thumb over at PJ.

"No," I huffed sighing. "Security."

I could see her studying me intently trying to figure out why I would warrant security. I knew my face was decently known between Brantley and Chase but with my messy bun, faded holey jeans, HDEU t-shirt I had jacked from Chase last year and flip flops, I was not winning any beauty contests. Pretty sure I had circles under my eyes that would give a raccoon a run for its money.

"I have a very over protective husband," I muttered as she finished up and noted down my vitals. I swung my legs and twisted my rings around on my finger to calm my nerves. I just wanted to get back. The guilt of scary the hell out of Brantley again was eating at me.

"That's putting it mildly," Ashli muttered with a snort rolling her eyes. The nurse gave a quiet laugh looping her stethoscope back around her neck and patting my hand.

"I'm sure he's not that bad Mrs. Gilbert,'' she said with a smile. Then it was like it clicked for her. Her eyes widened for a second then she laughed. "Oh, I get it now. Bet he is then. Y'all are so sweet together."

"Lord y'all have people fooled," Ashli laughed making my flip her off.

"My husband and I actually have tickets for tonight's show," she said. "If you passed out I know he will be glad to know what is going on."

"Give y'all's name to the big, glaring grouch over there," I told her with a grin pointing at PJ. "There will be passes waiting on you tonight when you get there. He will send Jeff a text for me since they took me phone."

"You don't have to do that," she said blushing as I patted her arm smiling.

"B will be tickled to see y'all. I'll even introduce you to my brother as well," I said waving a hand. "Perks of being wife and tour manager."

"Thank you so much," she said giving PJ the info to send to Jeff for me. "I'll go see if the doctor has your tests back."

She walked out closing the door quietly behind her. I drummed my fingers on my knees in impatience. All I wanted right now was a nap and my husband. My stupid ass shouldn't have snapped at him. Instead I should have put aside what I was doing, let someone else do it, and went to spend a few minutes alone with him. Our flight out next week couldn't get here soon enough.

"Fifty bucks said dehydrated and not eating enough," PJ said fixing me with a look. Ass had caught me tossing my cookies last week after a hot dog I had grabbed from the concession stand didn't sit well with me.

"Pffftt...please...." Ashli said with a smirk. "She is totally pregnant."

"I am not," I scoffed shaking my head. PJ pushed away from the wall looking at me a little closer as Ashli's grin got wider. "I would know if I was."

"You didn't know last time Kor," she said gently as I gasped covering my mouth. Holy crap she was right! "Y'all have been just letting things happen haven't y'all?"

"Oh shit!" I yelped and tried to do a mental calculation, but my brain was so fuzzy I thought I was going to pass out again. Looking down, I laid a light hand over my stomach as I welled with tears. My bottom lip started to quiver. Ashli walked over wrapping her arm around me as I started to cry. "Ash. I don't want to get my hopes up. Not after...."

"Shh.." she said kissing the top of my head as the doctor came walking in with a stack of papers in his hand. He gave me a soft smile pulling up his stool.

"Mrs. Gilbert," he said rolling closer to me. "I am Dr. Henderson. I have all your bloodwork here. Said you passed out at work earlier? What it is that you do? I can tell by looking at you dear that you aren't getting enough sleep so that could be one possibility."

"I am a tour manager for my husband and my brother," I explained wiping at my eyes. "I may have over done it a little. I also got so busy I forgot to eat today."

"Told you," PJ grumbled making the doctor chuckle as Ashli squeezed my hand.

"Well that does make a difference," Dr. Henderson said gently. "Mrs. Gilbert, did you have any idea that you were pregnant?"

"It didn't hit me until just a minute ago," I gasped as tears slipped down my cheeks. Ashli hugged me hard as a wide smile spread across PJ's lips. I could have sworn I saw tears teasing at the corner of his eyes. "I honestly stay so busy that I have never been completely regular at times so I didn't think anything of it. But I stopped my pills the day we got married."

"Which was?" he asked writing down some notes.

"We got married at the end of February," I answered biting my bottom lip. God, B needed to be with me.

"Well according to your bloodwork and your last cycle, we are putting you about eleven weeks pregnant," Dr. Henderson said. "I have ordered an ultrasound. They should be in here in just a minute. It's possible since you haven't been regular that you could be twelve weeks. That would put you through your first trimester."

"Is extreme bitchiness a symptom?" Ashli asked with a laugh as I hit her. "It's been really, really bad."

"Mood swings are pretty common during the first trimester," Dr. Henderson said with a chuckle. He turned as the door opened and a red headed lady came in rolling an ultrasound machine. He patted my knee as he stood up. "How about you lay back and we will get a look at little one."

A few hours later, I stepped back off our bus after changing clothes and putting on a little makeup. PJ had fibbed to Brantley that they had wanted to run an IV through me which would take a little longer. I wanted to surprise him. I had debated for thirty minutes on how to tell him. Ashli had laughed when I decided for the shock factor. Because let's face it, wasn't very often you could make that man speechless. PJ was leaning against the side of the bus waiting on me as I fell instep with him heading inside.

"You get it to Jared?" I asked quietly. PJ slung an arm around my shoulders.

"Sure did Boss Lady," he assured me with a grin. "Should have seen his face. I thought he was going to fall out of his chair."

We headed back stage and I could hear Brantley and Frank jamming out to "Dirt Road Anthem". Ashli was waiting for us with her phone to record for me. She'd send it out to everyone since this would surely hit the internet. PJ leaned down scooping Fox up putting him on his shoulders. He handed me a mic to switch on as they finished the song. I took a deep breath as the music faded. Brantley and Frank were cracking on each other about something and stopped when I spoke.

"Don't you two ever behave?" I asked coyly stepping into view putting my and on my hip.

"My wife the slave driver," Brantley said with a fake sigh before laughing. I could see the relief in his eyes as I stopped halfway to them. "See you are back to your sassy self Princess."

"Told you she was just faking earlier," Frank said leaning an arm on Brantley's shoulders. I flipped him off making them and the crowd crack up.

"Wrong jackass," I growled shaking a finger at him. "Want me to show you what I was up to?''

"Lord," Frank said covering his face. "Is this something we can show the public?"

I rolled my eyes and nodded letting Jared know to the change the background on the big screen. Loud screams came from the crowd as they saw what it was. It took Brantley and Frank just a second because they got distracted by the noise then turned around. On screen was a copy of the ultrasound photo, that had confirmed I was twelve weeks along. I felt my eyes tear at the message.

Hi Daddy! Hi Uncle Frank! I can't wait to meet y'all! #BabyGilbertComingDecember2019

Frank was standing there with his mouth wide open in shock. Ben let out a loud whoop standing on his stool throwing his hands in the air. I winced from the feedback sound as Brantley dropped his mic and ran across stage. He skidded to a stop in front of me with tears in his eyes. One shaky hand slipped under my chin as the other softly settled over my stomach in disbelief. I was full out crying then. Tears were streaming down his face as he lowered his lips to mine kissing me softly.

"Really?" he murmured against my lips. He eased back looking down at me. "This why..."

"I'm twelve weeks as of yesterday," I said as he wiped at my eyes. "Since I was past the danger point I thought I'd tell you this way."

"I'm so damn happy baby," he muttered kissing me again then sank to his knees rubbing my stomach and pressing a soft kiss there. I rubbed my hand along the back of his head knowing he was taking a minute to get himself under control knowing he still had a show to do. Brantley stood back up wiping at his eyes giving me a heart stopping smile. Frank walked over hugging both of us and kissing my cheek. B kissed me one more time before shaking his head then walking over to pick up his mic. Watching him finish his show, I didn't think my heart could get any fuller. An angel had to have truly been looking out for me when they steered that outlaw towards me.

THE END

Author's Note: Thank you so much to all of you have a read this one! Korey was so much fun! I hopefully will be able to do something more with her soon. She's just too dang fiesty not to. May have foreshadowed it a little....

Thank y'all again and lots of love!!!
😍🤗😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 2.7K 52
your childhood best friend, tara moves across the country and becomes famous. she gets a friend group that you only socialize with over the internet...
159K 4.9K 59
When Darci left North Carolina to move into her granparents house in Georgia, she left everything behind that she had ever known. But being impulsive...
70.9K 1.9K 42
❝ oh shit! i'd be rich! ❞ in which ! she stumbles into country music bad boy and develops feelings for him! [BRANTLEY GILBERT] [©_AMLESTER 2018] [NU...
33.7K 1.2K 30
Ashlyn Thompson a PR rep working with Luke Combs. Having bad luck with men, she's swore them off and instead focusing on her career and having fun wi...