What Contentment Looks Like

Ashley's POV

"Yes!" I quietly hissed to myself from the crack in the door of Tinsley's room where I was watching. That smile. That carefree, the weight of the world is off my shoulders smile that was across B's face right now. I missed seeing it on the man I consider to be my brother's face. Pretty sure the only time I truly saw it was when he was on his bike riding with no certain direction in his mind. I had been leery at first when Eli had told me he thought something was going on between Brantley and his pretty tour manager. Had really been skeptical finding out how young she was. But I was seeing that maybe I shouldn't have been as worried as I had been.

"Don't you know better than to snoop woman," Eli whispered in my ear making me jump. I elbowed him in the side and kept watching as Korey and Tinsley tackled B.

"Do you see that look E?" I asked quietly as Brantley laughed and looked up at Korey with his eyes full of laughter. "Do you? I've never seen him that happy. Never."

"Now Ash," Eli rumbled in my ear slipping his arms around my waist. "Don't go making things out to be more than they are. Give the poor man some room to breathe before you mentally start planning a wedding for him. It was really bad babe. Not as bad as it could have been but he was hiding it from us."

"Don't you think I know that," I hissed glaring at him over my shoulder. "Good God E. We've both been around to pick up the pieces both times. Orange not being my color is the only reason she is still breathing let me tell you."

"Watch it sassy ass," Eli chuckled gripping my hips in his big hands. Oh, I knew where this was going. "Seems like you aren't the only one who can be that way though."

"Oh no he didn't!" I said in shock turning around with wide eyes. Jana was one thing. They had fought twenty-four seven once the camera wasn't on them. Amber had been different, too much up on a pedestal. I had argued with E that if she'd gotten a good swat now and then, she would have thought twice about ripping that man's heart out again.

"According to PJ he did," Eli said with a grin. Well I'll be. "They have been like fire and ice since the first day. Says you can see the sparks around them for days. He bows up and she sasses him right back. It happened after she jacked that big black truck to take it for a spin. This was the afternoon after she replaced his signature brass knuckles with a hot pink pair. B pulled them out onstage. While it had all been part of a dare war they were having, it all came to a head when he confronted her on taking his truck. Sassed right back at him, even though PJ had warned her. Dragged her on that bus and put her across his knee."

"Oh my god," I laughed quietly. "They are so gonna have their hands full with each other." I heard a smack and pushed the door open slightly to peer in. Brantley was still stretched out on his back with Tinsley sitting on his chest. He had an arm wrapped around Korey's waist as he playfully glared up at her. Tinsley giggled then poked Korey's cheek breaking up the stare down.

"I's told you Korey,'" she sung out between giggles. "Turns on the tears. He always gives in."

"Tins," Brantley growled pushing up on his elbows to look at her. "I think you need to stop saying stuff missy. I will tell your Mama that you snuck three of Mamaw Becky's cookies last time I was home and that was why you wouldn't eat your supper."

"Don't ya tell all my secrets Uncle B!" Tinsley snarled glaring at him.

"Well don't tell all mine," Brantley challenged back rolling his eyes. Tins watched him for a minute as a sweet, evil grin came across her lips.

"Besides," she said with a smirk. "You handed me the cookies. Mama would get both of us."

"That she would Princess," Brantley said with a chuckle giving her a high five. Damn dirty rat, I knew he had just couldn't prove it. The trace of cookies crumbs should have been enough. "I'm already in the doghouse with her sooooo let it stay our secret okay. She would get both of us."