You Can't Tell Me No Big Brother

Korey's POV

I crossed my arms glaring up at my big brother with fire in my eyes. I don't know who the hell he thought he was. The Lone Chief or not. He could kiss my ass. I snarled back at him stomping my foot making his eyes narrow further. I was so mad I hope they stuck that way. This is why I hated being the damn baby. I swear the Heavenly Father cursed me with two big brothers. Then throw in the band and their buddies half the time a guy wouldn't even glance my way due to them. I used to plan my dates around my brothers work schedules until I moved up to Tennessee.

"I'm going," I snapped poking a slim finger into his broad chest making my sister in law snicker as she watched us from the doorway. Swear she got a big kick out of us arguing. I pushed my chocolate brown hair out of my face feeling my blood pressure rise. It was a wavy mess after spending the spring afternoon chasing my nephew around outside. "This is touted to be the hottest tour in country music this year! I am not passing the chance up. I love you big bro but I don't wanna spend the rest of my life chasing you around." I heard a deep growl rumble from my brother's chest as my nephew cackled. I saw my sister in law scoop him up to head back inside.

"Let's go little man," Ashli said with a shake of her head. I blew Fox a kiss making him grin. "Daddy is about to get a beating and you don't need to see that sweetie. May scar you to see Aunt Kor making him cry."

"I forbid you to go Korey!" Frank yelled leaning down to get in my face. I stood on me tip toes squaring off with him. Times like this I cursed him and Wade always being taller than me. "No mam. No way in hell. You're being able to move up here was contingent on me keeping a look out for you. Mama is gonna skin me alive."

"First of all," I yelled pushing Frank making him take a step back. "Mama knows and is excited for me. Second, I am not a damn kid! I am twenty-five years old asshole! I grew up! Something you seem to forget. Taking this job as tour manager is no different than what I have been doing for you, Lainey, and Jared the last few years! Just on a little bigger scale and I will have help. I can do this. I was approached to do this. Why can't you have a little bit of faith?"

"It is way different than what you have been doing for me!" he snapped pulling his baseball cap off and throwing it on the ground. "This is a world tour with three of the most eligible men in country music sis! Yes, Ash keeps me up with the gossip. Two of them that are notorious ladies' men and one that it's a well kept secret that he's fallen off the wagon since his divorce! So no, I don't think you can handle it!"

"Fuck you," I growled turning on my heel. I looked back over my shoulder shaking my head willing the tears brewing in my eyes to go away. The one person who I wanted to have faith in me wasn't.

"Don't you walk away from me Korey!" Frank growled grabbing my arm in his big hand swinging me around. I yanked my arm out of his firm grip with a hiss as we faced off. I knew deep down he meant well. He was just being the over protective big brother. I was the baby of the family with it being twelve years between me and Wade and ten between me and Frank. "I think I will just call Daddy to see if he can talk some sense into you."

"Then I will just call Mama," I countered with a smirk noticing Frank's tan skin pale a little. Gotcha. "She's on my side. Do you really want to get her blood pumping? You and I both know you will feel an ear tug through the phone. Might as well wrap your mind around it big bro, I am going. There is no stopping me. I signed the contract this morning. I am still going to handle some of your stuff along with Jason through email. Face it, you've spoiled me the last few years with me being here. I got used to having at least one big brother around. I was used to you, Daddy, and Wade being gone for work. I can take care of myself." I saw his resolve start to falter. "Please Frank, just give me the benefit of the doubt okay. I can do this."