Nashville: Part I

Brantley's POV

I followed Jesse through the crowd of the packed bar in Nashville. It was karaoke night. Busy as hell since it was the start of CMA week. I'd had a song writer's circle earlier that he and I had both played at. We both paused looking around for Ben finally finding him at a table to the side not far from the stage with two girls. I'd flown home when we left LA only able to stay a couple of days before having to be back up here in Nashville. It hadn't been easy stepping back into the house, but I'd made myself anyways. Mama had been right. She and Ashley had redone a lot of it including my room from top to bottom. Had made it a little easier. Kolby had stayed with me, so I wouldn't be alone. A waitress walked by us with a tray full of shots. The smell of the whiskey hit my nose and my mouth only watered for a second before the feeling passed. Jesse turned his head to look at me.

"You okay?" he asked so only he and I could hear. I nodded my head reassuring him.

"Yea man," I answered shoving my hands in my pockets. "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't I promise."

"Hmmm..." Jesse said with a smirk. "I think the need to see a certain feisty little lady won out over the worry of being in a bar."

"Don't know what you are talking about," I grumbled shaking my head. Okay, so I had jumped at the chance to meet Ben once he told me Korey was with him. I had woken up with her curled around me the other morning glad that she had finally gotten some rest. I was trying to think of a way to get her to forgive me for being a complete jackass. Then I'd made the mistake of fussing at her about working herself too hard even though I knew why she had been. Madder than a hissing cat, Korey had tossed me out of her hotel room before I could blink. I'd landed on my ass with a thud staring up at the slamming door with a glare. I had been about to jump up and bang on the door completely prepared to have it out with her when Ben looming over me had stopped me.

"Can't help but piss that little woman off can you?" he said rolling his eyes then holding a hand out to tug me to my feet.

"Seems I have a talent for it," I grumbled. "Keep screwing up when it comes to her."

"A little," Ben said with a chuckle. "Betting she got mad because she didn't want to hear what you had to say because you were probably right. She's been mad at me the last few days for the same reason. Give her a little time to cool down."

We made it to the table as Ben looked up and motioned for us to take a seat. The two girls on the other side of the table glanced over at me with wide eyes then nodded before turning back to their conversation. I leaned back in my chair. I was about to ask where Korey was when Chase jumped up on the stage with a grin. I laughed because he looked like he was feeling pretty good as the music started. He raised the mic up and started off singing "Meant to Be". All the girls around us let out a scream making me, Ben, and Jesse laugh. However; when it came time for the second verse my jaw dropped as he turned to the side crooking his finger with a grin.

The vision that came walking out made my jeans get tight in a second. I knew just how firm that ass was that filled out the pair of daisy dukes. Tanned skin showed off by a flowing black halter top. Cowboy boots that made her legs look even longer and that silky dark hair pulled up in a high sassy ponytail. Then Korey opened her mouth and started to sing. My jaw dropped as Ben cracked up laughing pushing my shoulder. I had no clue she could sing like that. Like she knew I was sitting there, Korey turned her head my way as she sang. Her beautiful blue eyes locking with mine.

I don't mean to be so uptight, but my heart has been hurt a couple times. By a couple guys that didn't treat me right. I ain't gonna lie, ain't gonna lie. Cause I'm tired of the fake love. Show me what you're made of. Boy make me believe.