Remission [H.S. MATURE AU]

By curatedbyharry

"It's my fault. It's all my fault. I loved him, more than anything else. I gave up everything for him, I lost... More

Remission [H.S. MATURE AU]
Cast.
Playlist.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.*
8.*
9.
10.*
11.
12.*
13.
14.
15*
16.*
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.*
31.*
32.*
33.
34.*
35.*
36.*
37.*
38.
39.
40.*
41.*
ANNOUNCEMENT
42.*
43.
44.*
45.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.*
52.
53.*
54.
55.
56.*
57.
Epilogue part I.*
Epilogue part II.*

46.

324 16 21
By curatedbyharry

Helloooo,
I just wanted to say that the plot of the fic I'm going to start once that I'm done with Remission is up, it's called Trapped, and I thought that maybe you'd be interested in checking it out.

Without wasting any more time, I'll leave you to the chapter. Hope you like it!

HARRY

When I had been taken to the hospital, I had expressly told Aaron not to call Scarlett. After all, I was fine and I would've gone back home in a matter of hours.

When I had seen her rushing to my room, with her cheeks flushed and with concern and fear filling up her puffy eyes, I knew something hadn't gone according to the plan.

I had held her against me, in my arms, to calm her down, and the moment after I had to be as quick as possible to take her between my arms again to keep her from falling to the floor, unconscious.

I had seen her eyes rolling at the back of her head and her hand slowly getting to her head and I had immediately understood that there was something wrong.

"We need a doctor!" I had screamed, and the nurse that was taking care of my wound, immediately rushes to her side, followed right after by a doctor coming from outside.

"She's pregnant..." I quickly had said, not worrying about Aaron by my side, who had looked at me with a quite surprised look.

"Get her on the bed!" The nurse had told me and I had quickly obeyed, letting her go from my arms only once that I had made her lay on it.

"I'm fine... I'm fine..." she had whispered all of sudden and all my fear and worry had slightly decreased, very quickly. She had opened her eyes right after and moved her stare around the room, gripping hard my arm to get up, but the doctor had been fast enough to stop her.

"It was probably a dropping of blood pressure but it's better if we make some investigation, just to be sure..." He had said and I had quickly nodded my head, leaving the room as the doctor had asked.

Aaron hadn't taken too long to ask me what was going on, so I had finally explained to him everything.

"I know what the doctors said but this time we know beforehand, we can prevent it..." I quickly say, before he can remind me of that.

"That's what you wanted to tell me today?" He just says, probably still trying to understand the whole situation and I just nod my head.

"I wanna take her to New York and be completely there for her, so..." I start saying and I think about the best way to tell him, in the meanwhile.

"You want to quit?" He precedes me.

"No!" I immediately say. "I mean, not forever... just until the baby is born." I shrug my shoulders. "Or maybe a little more... I'd like to be there for her or him during the first year of life." Aaron kindly smiles at me and slowly nods his head in understanding.

"I don't tell you this often, but I'm happy my daughter has a man like you in her life..." he just says, giving me a pat on the shoulder with a proud smile.

"Look how things have changed..." I joke and then let out a chuckle and he mirrors me.

"I wish you both the best of luck..." he says right after, before leaning in for a hug that is soon enough interrupted when we hear the door Scarlett's in getting open.

We turn toward it and Scarlett slowly comes out with a tired smile on, but with fewer concerns in her blue eyes.

"The baby is fine..." she tells us both, bringing her hand on her belly. I breathe a second sigh of relief at the news and I quickly rush to her side, just to get my lips on hers.

I let her go just because I know that Aaron wants to hug her and give her his congratulations too.

"I'm sorry you had to find out like that..." she tells him, once she's free from his hold.

"Don't even think about it... I'm just happy you're both fine," he tells her with a smile, rubbing her arm right after.

"Yeah, it was a drop in blood pressure because of all the stress... the doctor said it happens during pregnancies." She softly smiles at me, probably trying to reassure me some more.

"You need to go to New York as soon as possible to get her properly checked up." Aaron immediately says and I nod my head right away.

"We're leaving tomorrow!" I say. "I've already set up my father's jet and an appointment with the doctor the day after." Aaron nods his head at my words, while Scarlett grabs my hand and rubs my knuckles.

"I'll try to come and visit you this weekend, yeah?" Scarlett's smile immediately grows and then she nods her head, just like I do.

"I'd love that!" She takes a step toward him and then he hugs him again.

"Now get her home to rest..." he says right after at me and I quickly nod my head, completely agreeing with him.

"You don't have to tell me twice!" I bring my arm around Scarlett's shoulder and I draw her against my body.

As soon as we get back home, I practically impose to her to get into bed. I help her get into her pajamas and then I tuck her into bed.

"I just called the restaurant, they're going to bring us dinner..." I tell her, as soon as I go back to our bedroom. She smiles at me and nods her head in understanding, while she zaps with the tv remote controller, looking for something decent to watch.

"We need to pack for tomorrow..." she sighs. I can tell that she feels frustrated by the fact that she can't leave the bed.

"I'll do it, you stay there..." I take a deep breath, trying to recollect all my thoughts. "You tell me what to pack and I'll do it, yeah?" She giggles and then nods her head, giving in to the idea that I won't let her out of bed.

"Is the temperature of the room alright?" I ask her, walking straight to her, to check whatever she's sweaty or, maybe, cold.

"It's perfect, stop worrying!" She grabs my hand and draws it to the mouth to leave a kiss on my knuckles.

"Ok... the luggage!" I quickly nod my head, walking to the closet to get the biggest one of the Louis Vuitton luggage she usually brings with her.

"Well, you can leave behind the clothes that are too lightweight..." she instructions I and me nod my head, walking to her closet to gather everything I can fit inside the first luggage. "Also, get a lot of pajamas and socks." I hear her saying from the bedroom. "And especially dresses!" She screams again. "I should be huge very soon, so I'll wear a lot of them." I do as she says, picking every dress and pajama I can find and then proceeding to select the rest of the clothes to take with us by what I remember I see her wearing the most.

"Don't forget undies and bras!" She screams again. I sigh, not too excited at the idea of having to go through her panties right now. I open it, just taking pretty much everything and shoving it inside the luggage.

The first luggage gets full very easily and she tells me to get some more for her bags, shoes and skincare and makeup products.

"You can leave behind the heels... take like just my black stilettos." She tells me, while I get her shoes into their own dust-bags.

"Ok!" I tell her back. "I'm taking a lot of flats and sneakers... should I get a couple of boots too?"

"Yeah, just get the Stuart Weitzman ones!" She tells me and I immediately move my eyes around in confusion.

"And I'm supposed to know which pair you're talking about?" I hear her sigh, quite amused and I do too.

"The sand suede ones!" She screams back and I quickly spot them between the pile of boots.

"What about the bags?" I ask her once that I'm done with her shoes.

"Just take all my Chanel ones and a couple of backpacks..." she tells me.

"Whatever you want, my love." I do as she's said, starting to pack her bags the same way I've done with her shoes.

Once that I've put all of her makeup and different face creams into her beauty case, I finally go back to her. As soon as she sees me, she opens her arms toward me and I immediately get on top of her. I lean my head on her chest and she wraps her arms around me, leaving a kiss on the top of my head.

"What did you order for dinner?" She asks me while she absently plays with my curls.

"A baby-proof dinner..." I murmur, immediately getting slightly sleepy between her arms.

"A what?" She chuckles.

"Salmon, avocado and sweet potatoes..." I say with a proud smile on. "I googled what's best for pregnant women."

"Did you?!" She says with surprise and amusement filling up her voice and I immediately nod my head.

"You're the best!" She excitedly says, holding me tighter against her and kissing the top of my head.

"I know!" I grin and nod my head. "Once we get to New York I'll buy all those books about pregnancies, what every dad should know and stuff like that..." I admit with a proud grin on my face, while she stares at me with a deep admiration.

"You're gonna be such a great dad to our baby..." she brings her hands to my face and she draws me against hers to kiss my lips. "Just like you already are with Andres."

"You're being positive..." I observe, immediately feeling an intense sense of happiness at the realization. "I love that..."

"All because of you... I feel hopeful." She kisses me on the lips again and then smiles against mine.

"I love you..." I smile at her, brushing my lips against hers, before kissing her again.

"I love you too, love of my life." She strokes my cheek and then she repeatedly leaves a few pecks on my lips.

"I like how it sounds..." I tell her, nodding my head with a proud smile printed on my lips. Before I can lean in to kiss her again, we're interrupted by the sound of the intercom.

"Must be the delivery..." I say with a sigh, getting up from the bed and getting my wallet from the bedside table, where I had left it.

SCARLETT

The rest of the evening had gone by real quick. It had been a very calm night, we had dinner in bed, we had watched a movie together and then I had fallen asleep, between his arms, while we were cuddling.

The morning after, had been way less pleasing. I had woken up with a terrible sense of nausea and I had actually threw up during the whole flight to New York. Harry had been by my side for the whole time, rubbing my back and holding my hair back.

We had arrived at the apartment just to leave all of our luggage and to get refreshed, before driving to the doctor. I really didn't want to go there smelling like puke.

I had tied my hair up in a bun, I had quickly done my makeup, then I had worn a dress with a pair of flats and I was ready to go.

"Are you nervous?" Harry asks me. He holds my hand and he strokes my knuckles with his thumb while we're sat down and wait to get in for our appointment.

"A little, maybe." I slowly nod my head and I smile. I'm sure he can already tell how nervous I actually am.

"Me too..." he shrugs his shoulders.

"Styles?" A petite woman, who I assume is the doctor's secretary, calls our name. We both get up and Harry raises his hand to signal her our presence. He lets me in first and the doctor behind the desk quickly gets up to greet us and introduce himself.

"Mr. Styles... really nice to see you again." He says, shaking Harry's hand. "And really nice to meet you too, Mrs. Styles." I immediately smile at the sound of it and none of the two rushes to correct him. "You have a lovely wife!" He compliments.

"She's not my wife... not yet, at least." Harry says with s smile and I nod my head.

"Oh, I'm very sorry... my bad!" The man politely says. "Take a seat, please." We do as he asks and he sits again behind the desk too.

"So, Harry has briefly explained what happened and what your concerns are..." he starts saying, with his hand folded on his lap. "I also examined your medical records very carefully and I have to tell you that what they've said is true; it is very hard for your body to carry on a full pregnancy..." I immediately feel my whole body shaking at his words by my heart that is beating way too fast. "But not impossible." He adds with a soft smile and I suddenly feel like I can breathe again.

"I'm positive, Miss..." he nods his head. "I'm sure that we can make it happen if we keep you very closely monitored and if you take care of yourself and the life growing inside of you as I say." I quickly nod my head, feeling like I could burst into tears any second.

"I have the presentiment that you could suffer from placenta previa." He goes on. "We can't be sure until the second trimester, since the placenta tends to move a lot until then, but considering your records, I'd say that it's very possible." I furrow my eyebrows and so does Harry, looking at him quite confused. "Placenta previa is a condition in which the placenta partially or wholly blocks the neck of the uterus and interferes with the delivery of the baby."

"And how dangerous it is?" I immediately ask, feeling nervous all over again.

"It could be dangerous for both the baby and the mother but I'm the best and I can assure you that it's not the first time my center and I deal with this kind of condition." He reassures us and I immediately hear Harry breathing a sigh of relief.

"In those cases, we'd need to program a Caesarean section, to avoid any kind of danger for both you and the baby." I quickly nod my head, not having anything to protest. I just want to do whatever is best for my baby.

"For now, all you need to do is live a very calm and relaxed life... no physical exertion and no sexual intercourse." I nod my head with determination. I'm ready to do everything I can to carry on this pregnancy. Harry grabs my hand and he strokes the back of it with his thumb to make me feel his comfort.

"Will do..." I say with a smile.

"Now we need to start doing the first tests and check-ups..." he says, standing up from his place and I do the same.

The rest of the visit goes by very quickly. He checks my weight and height to calculate my BMI to determinate the recommended weighing gain I need for a healthy pregnancy and then he proceeds to check my blood pressure and heart and breathing rate, other than a vaginal examination.

"Normally, this early in the pregnancy it's one visit a month, but considering that your condition is very particular, let's make one visit every two weeks." He tells me once that we're done with everything.

"Ok, that's great!" I nod my head and right after he stands up to shake both mine and Harry's hand, before walking us out.

"You can arrange the future visits with my secretary." He tells us, before we both walk out to do as he's said.

"You had already met him?" I ask him, as soon as we're both in the car. Harry nods his head at my question.

"He was Cielo's obstetrician too." He immediately tenses up, bringing his eyes back on the road.

"Did he exchange her for your wife too?!" I bitterly joke and he immediately rolls his eyes.

"Scar..." he warns me without adding anything else and I know exactly what he's trying to tell me; that I shouldn't be stupid or jealous of her.

"I was just joking!" I shrug my shoulders and I bring my eyes on the road too, deciding to end this conversation for now.

"Are you satisfied with what he said?" He tries to change the subject right away and I'm just glad he did.

"Definitely!" I nod my head. "I feel calmer now... maybe we can really make it after all." I smile at the thought and I automatically bring my hand on my belly to rub it.

"You're the strongest woman I know... you can make it!" He nods his head and then he stretches his arm to my own hand that is resting on my belly to caress it.

"I need to believe so..." I slowly nod my head and then I bring my other hand on his own, to hold it.

*

Harry had brought me home and once he had to make sure I was in bed, in my pajama and convinced to stay there, he had left to go do some shopping.

He had come back only a few hours later, full of different bags.

"What did you even buy?" I ask him, watching him while he starts taking out everything from the bags.

"The meds the doctor prescribed," he says, showing me the pharmacy packet. He starts with them, resting some on my bedside table and others in the bathroom. "I got you a body pillow, since you can't sleep." He tells me, taking out a huge pillow in white from the biggest bag.

"I sleep perfectly..." I furrow my eyebrows and then let out a chuckle at his confused reaction.

"There's written online that you need it for the first trimester..." he shrugs his shoulders and then he goes on with his bags. "I also got you some prenatal vitamins and prenatal DHA... those are very important." He waves some other packets in front of my face.

"The ones the doctor talked about?" I ask, definitely appreciating this purchase.

"Yeah, I told him to email me a precise list and I got them." He nods his head.

"You can put those in the kitchen, then..." he nods his head again at my words and he puts them aside for later, once he's done with everything else.

"I also read that you should have a belly moisturizer, but there were so many different types and I didn't know which would've worked the best for you..." he pensively says, searching exactly what he's talking about between the various bags. "I got you a belly butter, a belly oil and a belly lotion... you can try them out and see what works best for you." He takes the three products out of the bag and he rests them on my bedside table, next to my medicines.

"Baby, don't you think that's a little much?" I chuckle, bringing my hand on his cheek to stroke it. He furrows his eyebrows and moves his confused eyes around the room, obviously not agreeing with me.

"No... I didn't even get you stretchy pants," he shrugs his shoulders. "I also got some books!" He quickly says, going back into his excited state. He passes me three books and he keeps other three for himself.

I carefully look at the covers and titles of the books, trying not to laugh. Two of them are about useful tips and what to expect for those nine months, while the third one is about healthy and right food a woman should eat during pregnancy.

"Ok, maybe you're right... this can be very helpful!" I say, showing him the third book while a smile on. "What did you get instead?"

"The expectant father, From dude to dad, dude you're gonna be a dad..." I read out loud the titles of the books he shows me, trying hard not to giggle.

"You really are something else, baby..." I chuckle, stretching my arms toward him, not wanting anything else than giving him a really long cuddle. He quickly rests his books on his own bedside table and then he comes up to me, resting his head on my chest and wrapping his arms around me.

"What are you even going to buy once the baby is born?" I chuckle. "I must say that I'm kind of worried..." I joke and he giggles at my words.

"Don't even make me think about it..." he sighs. "I'm already stressed... there are so many things to do." He brings his hand to his temple to rub on it, adding an extra dramatic tone to it all.

"We have all the time and there's no need to spoil us both so much..." I let out a sigh. He playfully rolls his eyes at me while I stroke his cheek.

"I like spoiling you and I'm sure I'll like spoiling her even more," he smiles up at me and I'm immediately hit by his choice of words.

"Her..." I repeat. "You said her." He looks at me and then he shrugs his shoulders.

"It's just that I imagine a little girl when I think about it..." he softly smiles at me, warming me up, together with his words.

"You want a girl?" I ask with a curious smile.

"Well, I mean..." he shrugs his shoulders. "I already have a boy, so..."

"Yeah, you're right!" I nod my head and I stroke his cheek, totally understanding where he's coming from.

"And you?" He then asks me.

"I haven't really thought about it..." I shrug my shoulders. "I don't care about the sex, I just want him or her to be healthy." He nods his head in understanding, at my words and then he leans in to leave a kiss on my lips.

"Speaking of my boy..." Harry starts saying. "We need to tell Andres." He sighs. "Or better, I do..."

"Are you nervous?" I ask him when I notice the way his expressions hardens at the mention of it.

"A little..." he rubs his forehead. "I did the stupid mistake to tell him that you couldn't have kids and we wouldn't have had any kid."

"I'm sure he'll understand, Harry..." I try to reassure him, knowing well that Andres is a very smart kid and, especially, very understanding.

"Well, I hope so!" He nods his head.

Right after, the intercom starts ringing, so Harry slowly gets up from the top of me and walks to the entrance to get our food.

"I've also decided that I'll try to learn how to cook..." he tells me, when he comes back to our room with our food.

"Really?!" I ask him, unable to contain my excitement at the news. He's never ever wanted to learn, so that's a really big step for him.

"Yeah, I want to be able to cook you dinner and even more once the baby is born." I smile at him, feeling as happy as I've never felt in a long time.

"God, my whole life really sounds like a dream right now..." I sigh with a huge smile on my mouth while I think about it. It's good the way it makes you feel, but I can't help but feel a little worried at the thought that this happy bubble could burst at any moment. "I definitely never want to wake up..." I joke.

"Even if you wake up, I'll be there all the time holding you..." he tells me, sitting down on my side of the bed and then stroking my cheek.

"So that's a promise?" I giggle, wrapping my arms around his neck and drawing him closer to me.

"Isn't that enough of a promise?!" He asks me, pointing at my engagement ring with the tip of his index.

"Yeah, that's a very convincing promise..." I nod my head and then I draw him closer, cutting the distance between our lips.

If that's how my life is going to be from now on, then I'm very excited for what's about to come next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 1.7K 9
Book Two of the Just Got Lucky Series. [REPUBLISHED] Lindy moves forward in life with Harry, having new friends in college and possible new foes fil...
57.2K 1.8K 50
"its always been you," "but you left," ----- Completed sequel to Rosie back in his small hometown after years of never wanting to return, he comes...
12.9K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...
1K 98 32
~* Bad decisions make great stories *~ A Harry Styles dark romance that explores the intricacies of mental health, morality and sexual attraction. En...