The Makeup Artist | j.jk

Ichiranramen tarafından

"Noona, will you touch my lips?" BTS Jungkook x Reader What do you think would happen if you were the makeup... Daha Fazla

New Job
Training
Traveling
Osaka it is
Dinner
Dress Rehearsal
Sweat
Chap Stick
Going Out
Four
Bathroom
Wind Down
Undercover Missions
Photo Shoot
Screen Saver
Round Two
Chile
Get Up
Get to Know You
Second Grade
Entangled
April Showers
The Truth Untold
New
The Only Exception
Too Early
Pineapple
The Confession
Lies
Crazy
Stare
What If's
Won't Let Go
The Deal
Lost Stars
Texting
Rejection
The Pizza and the Pursuant
Hawk
I Know
Guilty
Hope
It's Done
Bring May Flowers
Begin
Bound to Find Out
I Miss You
Surprise
Thank You

Coward

29.3K 975 445
Ichiranramen tarafından

"I've never been on a boat either!" You protest to the other artists that debate on who has to tag along with the rest of the crew as they visit South Cay, a private beach that's on the uninhabited island you've been on for only a day.

Of course, it would be unrealistic to bring all the artists along when there's already limited space, and the shoot - from what you heard - was set to be short and done one at a time, which gives the artists who end up going time to assist each member as needed.

The only other thing would be the video that the camera crew constantly films for the final product of the summer package. Even if it's minor touch ups, you're still asked to do them so the boys look their best. In the end only a couple makeup artists have to go to take care of the seven of them.

The only problem is finding out who goes.

Almost none of you have even been to a beach like this, let alone on a boat. Since you've been working alongside for a while now, everyone seems to get along casually, and you see that clear now than ever as they protest who goes and who stays.

Staying would mean that you're off the job and you get time to enjoy yourself. Going would mean working, as well as dodging cameras for the several hours you'll be there.

The obvious answer is clear to everyone: to stay.

That is with the exception of one other male artist, and then Mina, who's determined to stay by her canvas, Jin, at all times.

"I'll go," Asher sighs. He is one of the few of us that had experience with boats and water, so he was the obvious first choice that people volunteered.

It worries you once one of the artists volunteers Namjoon's artist. You were hoping that they'd volunteer Haneul to go because she's Yoongi's artist.

You couldn't bare the thought of Asher using this as an opportunity to make a fool of himself in front of the older boy.

"Fine," you huff. "I guess I'll go." As much as you wanted to stay back, you have to protect Asher because of the mess you unintentionally made. Even if the chances are slight, you can't risk it.

And just like that, your trio lives on.

***

The boat ride ends up being less intimidating that you first thought. It also helped that the beach wasn't too far away from the resort, so it was quick and painless.

Two boats were taken. One with some of the camera crew that was filming the boys that were also aboard. Then, the second was filled with the rest of the staff, three of which were you, Mina, and Asher.

"The sand looks so white!" Mina exclaims while stepping out onto the powdery grains.

The crystal clear water and coral reef line the beach that seems all too perfect for you to mess up with your footprints.

Sighing in pleasure as your own feet meet the fine sand, you feel like your walking on air; nothingness. "I thought the sand back at the resort was nice," you observe outload. "But this..."

Your voice trails off as you absorb the unforgettable feeling of the sun hitting your pale, exposed skin, and the way the sand flows through your toes and around your feet like water.

"This is amazing," Mina finished your statement. "I'm so glad we came."

Nodding your head, you can't help but agree. Even though the others don't have to work while back at the resort, they won't get to experience anything like this.

Plus, as much as it pains you to get up some mornings, you love your job, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

A rock formation and a few trees, along with a wooden formation that has wooden benches beneath the covering are all that surround you on the blistering white beach that seems to stretch beyond your view. And facing the other way, the furthest you can see is the faint outlines of mountains as they peek above the glass-like water.

It's not long after the staff set up a shaded area with a canopy and get the area where the shoot will be set up ready, that you begin your job of applying the minimal amount of makeup to the seven men.

Instinctively, both you, Asher, and the other artist go to your regular member.

With all that's happened with Asher, and then figuring out the boat situation, you completely forgot about this morning.

That is until you walk up to the brunette with the familiar belt wrapped around your waist, signifying you're there to do his makeup.

As he sits in one of the lounging chairs that sits beneath the large canopy, the other members all nearby and doing the same, he immediately sits up properly upon your presence.

"Noona," he says hastily while sitting up straight, wiping the few drop of sweat that already begin to cover his forehead. He sits on the side of the chair, his feet flat on the sand.

If you didn't feel it at first, you feel the heat now more than ever.

It's hot.

You feel bad for the seven of them who have to wear such outfits that allow for no air to flow through. With white jeans on, Jungkook sits uncomfortably with a blue button up shirt that has white pineapples patterned on it.

His hair, still curly from the shoot early that morning, has definitely lost a lot of it's shape.

Pulling out the cordless curling iron, you turn the heat on, setting it lower on the chair he was just laying on while making sure to stand it up properly so it doesn't burn the surface below it.

"It's hot," you say aloud while wiping your own forehead, digging through the pockets of the brush belt for different products.

"Yeah..." He trails off once you look back up, and you watch as his eyes trace an invisible path down the side of your neck.

Quickly bringing your hand up to the surface of your dampened skin, you feel a drop of sweat that was sure enough dripping down the side of your neck.

Your cheeks, already reddened by the heat, deepen another shade. You don't know why you feel embarrassed, it's just sweat after all, but his penetrating gaze makes you feel like you could crumble to pieces.

Clearing your throat, you apply the first product to his hot skin while squatting down as to get eyelevel with him. There's not much you can do that the heat won't ruin, so you apply thin layers. "I guess the outfit choices weren't that thought through." You admit, as you were one of the artists that helped choose the concept.

"Yeah, you could say I'm one of the luckier ones." He says, referencing to how his shirt is short sleeved. "V Hyung must be really hot." He notes while eyeing passed you at what you believe to be the other boy who wears a sweater.

"Sorry," you apologize.

Trying to keep as still as possible, he furrows his eye brows only a little. "It's not your fault."

"Well, I kind of helped pick out the concept." Not making eye contact, you focus on his skin alone. "I didn't know it'd be this hot, and that wasn't really the first thing on any of our minds when we were coming up with the outfits."

His eyes look down on you as you squat on the sand. "Noona, I-" Cutting himself off as he fumbles over his words, he starts again shortly after. "It's okay. Some of the outfits they put us in at some concerts were ten times worse than this."

Smiling lightly, you nod your head. "I guess you're right. I'll have to keep that in mind, I'm still quite new at a lot of this."

Lifting up his fringe with the back of your free hand, you pat the drops of sweat that collected underneath it dry.

Then, taking the curling iron that's now heated, you begin in the front, and take a chunk of his hair before wrapping it around the hot wand.

"I heard that this shoot will go by fairly quickly, which is a plus." You comment, focusing on achieving the same beach wave look while running your fingers through the tight curl.

Averting his gaze to the sand below, his face remains stoic. "Yeah..."

Thinking about it now, this is the longest, civil conversation you've had with the guy since before everything went down.

Even then, you don't really know what "went down" to begin with.

But you don't want to go down that confusing road again, so you focus back on your task at hand.

Jungkook must have sensed - and seen - your mental confliction, as he asks the short question, "Noona, is something wrong?"

Yes. "No." Everything's wrong. "Everything's fine." You wish so badly to ask what's going on in that mind of his.

Just how can he ask something like that after the way he's treated you? Act as if he cares? Can't he know that you're not really fine?

Huffing out a angry puff of air as your blood boils inside you, you restrain yourself from making a comment you know you'll regret later on.

Jeon Jungkook is disrespectful.

Your little revelation sends your face into another cycle of expressions, your nose and eyes scrunching in anger, then relaxing again, probably sending the brown haired boy in front of you into even more of a confused state.

It's as if all the emotions from earlier that morning have washed away. You no longer feel light on your feet and filled with anticipation, instead you feel weighed down with this anger.

Sighing as you continue to curl the smooth strands of his hair, you manage to clam yourself down.

Not saying anything, Jungkook looks down at you in complete and utter confusion.

And for once you don't feel bad or embarrassed.

It serves him right to witness how crazy he makes you.

Whether his actions were intentional or not, it was still him behind them.

It's times like this that you think back and ask yourself just why you involve yourself in such a mess.

Heck, you're just a makeup artist, not a counselor for teenage boys who have bipolar issues!

Oh how you wish that you could just understand for once why he does all these nonsensical things; sending you mixed feelings constantly.

Or on the other side, you wish you could just forget it all. You life was so simple before this job, and a part of you wants that life back.

But then again, this is the most you've ever been involved in. You've never felt truly fulfilled with what you've done in life, and even if you don't now, you feel as though you're getting there.

"OW!" You curse under your breath while setting down the iron that your finger just had a painful reunion with.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asks worriedly while half standing up from the low chair he was just sitting in.

Still squatting down, you blow on your pointer finger that sure enough has a red mark on it. "Yeah, it's not that bad," you say even though it hurts more than you let on. "I guess I was just zoning out."

Taking your hand without warning, Jungkook flips it over so your palm is up. Then, very gently, he puts his warm finger under the one you burned, lifting it up to see how bad it is.

You've burned yourself with a curler too many times to know the feeling, so already you can tell that the burn this time around isn't that bad, and should only blister over a little.

"I-It's fine, really." You try retreating your hand back, but his hold remains.

Looking up to meet your eyes, he shakes his head. "No, it's not." Then he looks back down, as if trying to figure out what to do.

You roll your eyes without him seeing, and scoff under your breath involuntarily. "So now you care?"

It comes out in barely a whisper, but you take it he heard it when his head shoots up. A hurt look covers his features, and his eyebrows furrow.

Weakly, he lets out a small, "What?"

Clearing your throat, you stand up abruptly.

This time he doesn't keep his hold on your hand.

"I-I still have to do the other boys' makeup." You say shortly before picking up the few items that lay on the chair, as well as that dreaded curling iron, and then you walk away.

There you go again, running away from your problems. You mentally scream at yourself. Coward.

[A/N]

Unedited.

Hello my beautiful Ramies! How has your day been? Personally, I've been more busy than ever, so I'm sorry for the delay (like alwayssss)!

Anywho, I have a proposition for y'all. So as far as my updating schedule and all that goes, I like to think that my updates are pretty long(-ish). The only problem is I only post about once a week. So, my proposition is to either keep things the way they have been going, or I could update shorter chapters more frequently. You'd be getting the same amount of content, just either more but spread out or less but in a shorter amount of time.

Which would you guys like??

Also, I want to apologize if you are confused at all with the storyline or any of the characters. This is my worst nightmare as a writer, so please just ask if you are. I know at the moment the main character is displaying a lot of conflicted emotions, which can be confusing! Hopefully this will make sense now if not later on, but again, just ask if y'all have questions. I know the story's a little slow-going now, but just stick with it, I promise!

Please don't forget to vote if you enjoyed todays chapter, and as always, I hope you have an amazing day my lovely Ramies! I love you guys! Like how are we at 87k? THIS IS INSANE?!

Please comment your predictions! I've done this a couple times in the past and I love hearing what you guys come up with, so go for it, and who knows, it could influence me and could change what happens later on!

Please rest well! <3

And may Christian Chim Chim be in your dreams forever.

- Ichiranramen <3

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

159K 2.9K 42
Imagine all BTS members have a crush on you.
1.4K 49 20
Some Scenarios about you and a BTS member! Imagine this: What if you were in a relationship with your BTS bias? Or you met him, or all of them? ...
79.2K 5.5K 46
JEON JUNGKOOK what if we never met? but what if we met in five different lives? would you love me?
344K 8.8K 47
Although you've been BTS' makeup staff member for a long time, you've started to feel odd towards this specific boy. You shouldn't feel this but you...