Pineapple

"Over there?"

Pointing across to a rock formation that's a ways out from the beach, Jungkook asks the manager again if that's where he is to go.

"Yeah, the tip of it." The manager directs. You stand idly while waiting for the boys to get through the rather short shoots, one at a time.

Taking one last look at it from afar, Jungkook begins walking to the large rock that protrudes out into the water.

The obvious choice would be to just walk in the shallow water, but he has different plans as he begins to climb on the side of the rocky wall.

You haven't spoken to him since earlier. You haven't even attempted to, and neither has he. You don't blame him.

He's probably just as confused by your actions as you were about his.

Nevertheless, you made quick work to do Yoongi's makeup before Asher could get any ideas. As awkward as it was, it did help that Yoongi was half asleep during the short process.

Looking back at the brown haired boy who's slowly but surely making his way across the wall, you admire his diligence and determination to not getting wet, and find it hard to look away.

It doesn't take long for him to position himself up on the rock while still taking direction from the manager who stands back on the beach where the camera is set up.

The first pose is simple. He stands, hands in pockets, while staring up at the sky. A humble look covers the entirety of is face, but you know better.

You've been around him enough to know. Enough to know when something's really bothering him, when he's not okay.

So, as he sits up on the rock and smiles lightly into the sunset as the cameras click, he's hiding.

Just like you.

***

It doesn't take but another hour or so for the pictorials to fully wrap up. It's now more than ever that you really have to dodge the wandering cameras that constantly film the boys.

On a table underneath the canopy that's set up on the beach, the seven of them huddle around what you believe to be a pineapple.

"Where's a knife?" One of them asks.

"Hyung said they didn't bring one," another responds.

Then you hear a bang, followed by several gasps.

"Kookie-ah, are you crazy?" Jin asks, backing away. As he does this, you get a glance of what you just heard.

Standing in the middle of the circle the boys formed, Jungkook holds two halves of pineapple in his hands. You take it the loud bang was him hitting it on the table, as the table is now slightly damp on the corner.

You take another step back once you see a camera come to take a shot of the boys eating the pineapple.

"I won't be rude to Jungkook anymore." You hear Jin say whilst eating a piece of the pineapple and talking to the camera. "He peeled the pineapple with his bare hands," he says in between chews.