Things Have Changed (Adopted...

By falloutbrick

Adopted by Brendon Urie FanFic Brooklyn has been in the foster care system for 3 years with no luck of findi... More

This is Gospel
This Is Just the Prologue
Chapter 1: Grab Your Hat and Fetch Your Camera
Chapter 2: Ready To Go
Chapter 3: LA Devotee
Chapter 4: New Perspective
Chapter 5: All My Friends We're Glorious
Chapter 6: Panic! Meet The Press
Chapter 7: Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks
Chapter 8: Swimming With The Sharks
Chapter 9: Maybe I'm Overjoyed, Maybe I'm Paranoid
Chapter 10: 20 Dollar Nosebleed
Chapter 11: Camisado
Chapter 12: Northern Downpour Pt. 1
Time to Dance
Chapter 13: Northern Downpour Pt. 2
Chapter 14: Turn Off The Lights
Chapter 16: Miss Jackson
Chapter 17: Old Fashioned
Chapter 18: Crazy=Genius
Chapter 19: From A Mountain In The Middle Of The Cabins
Chapter 20: Let's Kill Tonight
Chapter 21: Your Regular Decorated Emergency
The End Of All Things
Character Ask
Character Answers

Chapter 15: Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

915 44 76
By falloutbrick

So I'm finally off of fucking bed rest, thank god. That week and a half was absolute torcher. I can finally get out of the tour bus and do stuff with the band. Actually live.

So just a little update on time and place. It's July 1st, a little over than two thirds of the tour. And right now we are in Columbus, Ohio. Fun times.

I wake up with the rest of the band and start to get ready. It's about eleven o'clock before we leave the tour bus and head out to lunch. We all eat for more than an hour and head back to the venue just in time for soundcheck.

(I'm to lazy to write any extra stuff so here's a little time skip to right before the show which is 5 o'clock)

Panic! starts getting ready in their dressing room. I sit on the couch messing with my phone and waiting to go to the stage with them.

I know that I've seen almost all of the concerts on this tour but I still get really excited about seeing them. That's one of the things that I hated about being stuck on that tour bus. It's that I couldn't watch the concerts. Something about how I may get really tired or how I may get hurt again... I'm not really sure but one thing I do know is that I really hate doctors.

Finally, Brendon and the rest of the band have their suits on. I look over from my screen to see that they are just about to leave. My blank expression turns to one of excitement and quickly I turn off my phone. I practically jump up from the couch, ready to follow them as we leave the dressing room. I come up from behind before Brendon stops me. My grin falls and is replaced with a look of confusion as he backs me up and shuts the door behind him. Leaving us the only two people in here.

"What are you doing?" I ask Brendon with my eyes brows furrowed together.

"I really hate to do this but.. um," he huffs and looks away from me, running his hands through his hair. "I don't think it's a really good idea for you to go out to the concert."

"But, why?" I ask even more confused. Doesn't he understand how much this means for me to go out there. To not be stuck in a room all by myself while other people are having fun.

"Because... because I don't want you to get hurt again." He gives me a look of pity.

Is he serious right now?

"I won't get hurt." I assure him, shaking my head. "I promise."

"I know, but, I just don't trust other people okay?" He scans my face waiting for my answer.

"Um, no, not okay." I say harshly, my confusion quickly turning into anger. "I don't understand why I can't go out there. The doctor said that I'm off bedrest and that I'm okay. I should be able to go out there!"

"I-I know but for just this one concert stay in here, you don't have to go back to the tour bus but just stay in here." I can tell he's serious now but I don't care, I'm pretty fucking pissed.

"You know how much I wanted to see the concert tonight, please, if you love me let me go!" I yell, secretly hoping that reference will give me more of a chance of going.

"Haha very funny, but no. You stay in here, just for this concert and then after you can." He turns around and opens the door, going to leave.

"But—"

"Nope." And with that he closes the door behind him.

I stare at the door blinking and repeating what had happened in my head. I huff and go back to my original place on the couch laying down.

Is he fucking serious? He knows how much I hate this, being by myself with absolutely nothing to do. While everyone else has fun without me. This just proves that I'm a waste of space and that people don't want me here. I'm just some child that needs to be taken care of. No one actually cares it's just a chore that needs to be done.

I close my eyes, feeling the tears that I didn't know were there fall down my face.

I just hate how I'm always the one that's abandoned. I'm just always thrown away, just some piece of trash. And to think that I actually thought this was going to be my forever home. From past experience, I'm assuming I'm going back into the system. Not surprising though, I'm just some fucked up kid who's mom got murdered by her father.

I'm fucked up and no one will ever be able to help me.

More tears fall down my face as I lay there, the music from the concert barely audible. I lay on the couch, on my back, staring up at the ceiling. Questioning myself on what to do next.

Normally when I'm upset, I listen to my music. Yea, just listen to some music and relax.

I arch my butt, reaching into my back pocket to get out my earbuds and phone. I feel my phone, but not my earbuds. Fuck, I must've forgotten them in the bus.

I groan, not wanting to get up, and sit up in my seat. Getting up from the couch, I trudge over to the door and wipe away the remaining of my tears. I grab my pass from the table sitting next to door before I leave the dressing room. Shutting the door behind me, I go down the hallways towards where the buses are parked. I flash a few security guards my pass as I walk by. They nod their heads before I finally make it out to the parking lot. The music sounds more clear from the outside than how it was from the dressing room.

"In the Vegas Lights
Where villains spend the weekend
The deep end
We're swimming with the sharks until we drown."

I hear Brendon's voice in the distance. My feet hit the pavement to the beat. I look down at my feet as go towards the bus.

I walk up to the bus. Going to open the door of it until I notice it's already opened slightly. Hmm, according to every horror film in existence I should probably not go in there but I need to listen to my music.

I ignore my thoughts and head in the bus anyways. Walking into darkness, I feel around for the light switch on the wall. Finally feeling it, I flick it on: nothing.

I reach in my back pocket for my phone. Getting it out, I turn on the flashlight which illuminates the room.

I flash it around the lounge until the light catches a dark figure standing in the bunk area.

What the—

Before I can even think, the figure comes at me and grabs me. The impact makes my phone fall out of my hands and fall on the floor. Unfortunately, the side with the flashlight facing down making the room completely dark again.

"LET ME GO!!" I scream, trying to get out of his grip.

Something hard comes in contact with my head and I'm on the ground in an instant. I grab my head with my hands, my head throbbing in pain. I curl up in a ball, gripping my head tight in my hands. The feeling of blood gets on my fingers and in my hair.

A hard pressure, a kick, lands on my back knocking the wind right out of me. I cough as my lungs cry out for air.

There comes another blow to my head in which this one makes me dizzy. My head reels in dizziness and then I start seeing white.

The white turns into black and then I pass out completely.

—————————————————————————————————

Brendon's POV (*evil laughter*)

Fall Out Boy finishes their set and walk off stage. They meet up with the rest of my band and greet us. We all start walking towards the dressing rooms.

Hopefully Brooklyn isn't still mad at me.

I make it to the door first and open it. I expect to see her in there but she isn't.

"Brooklyn?" I call out. "Are you in here?" I look around the dressing room and she's not there.

"Maybe she's in the tour bus?" Dallon says from behind me. I walk forward into the dressing room letting the others in.

"Um maybe? I'm gonna call her." I take out my phone and go to my most recent and click her contact. I click the 'call' button and put the phone up to my ear.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

"I'm sorry, you have reached the voicemail of—"

I click the end call button and sigh.

"She didn't pick up." I look at my phone at her contact.

"Maybe she's asleep." Sarah says coming up from behind me. "I'm sure she's fine."

I glance at her and nod, "I hope so."

Something is wrong, I can feel it but everyone else seems to just not worry about it. They're telling me that everything is alright but my gut says otherwise.

The band and I change back into our normal clothes and round up all of our stuff to head back to the tour bus.

The entire walk there I felt uneasy. I don't know if it's just the dad senses that I had developed or just my overall anxiety. Either way I was anxious, hoping that everything was okay.

We make it to the bus, me being the first one to get on. I turn on the lights, no Brooklyn. I go straight to the bunks. Please let her be sleeping.

I open the privacy curtain and she isn't there.

At this point my heart started racing, my anxiety getting the best of me. I hear someone call my name but the beating of my heart is the only thing I can focus on.

I run to the bathroom in hopes that she might be there.

"Brooklyn!!" I pound on the door. No response.

Right now I was really freaking out. I started hyperventilating and everything started to become a blur. I bang on the door again, maybe she didn't hear me.

"Brendon!" Sarah yells from behind me.

"What!" I turn to her. Her expression that of sadness and worry. "She isn't here." She hands out her phone.

"W-What do you mean-"

"I found something!" Someone yells from the lounge.

Sarah and I run into the lounge to find everyone huddling around Kenny with a piece of paper in his hand.

"What is it?" I gulp.

Kenny looks up with pure horror in his face. He hands the paper to me and I quickly rip it out of his grasp.

I read over the paper quickly, the first few words making my heart fall to the pit of my stomach.

I have her.

~

Oh shit

Well... get ready my dudes cause shit is gonna go through the roof from now on so look forward to that

But ya, thank you all for reading! 2K VIEWS HOLY SHIT Y'ALL THANK YOU SO SO MUCH ❤️❤️❤️

but ya I think I'm gonna go back to sleep now, thanks for reading my fellow bad bitches

stay bad xx
~brick

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.5K 1.5K 45
F/n, the new bassist for Panic! But what happens when she meets the lead singer... ---- Sarah is Brendon's sister in this book! I'm bad at descriptio...
42.6K 1K 37
Andi Wentz, sister to Pete Wentz, has been through a lot these past two years. She needs help getting over her dark past, and who better to help her...
22.8K 749 40
SEQUEL TO THE URIE'S DAUGHTER *(do not read unless you've read book 1. This book is in continuation and won't make much sense otherwise.)* I wondere...
10.7K 271 41
Ranked 1 out of 100+ in #adoptedbybrendonurie Book 1: The Youngest Of The Family (COMPLETE) Book 2: Touring is Hard 1k: 1/10/18 1.5k: 1/31/18 2k: 3/3...